PDA

View Full Version : Killing Two Birds With One Stone.

P0RYG0N
28th November 2004, 06:30 PM
In a modified Pokemon event, would I be allowed to play my Japanese Dark Energy card from Neo Genesis?

If so I'll obviously have to play it by the new rules. But would I need an english copy to refer to, to even play it? Or would I just need to know what it says/have it written down?

And is there some sort of list out there anywhere that says which old cards can be used because the were re-made in a modified set?

Thankyou.

Water Pokemon Master
28th November 2004, 09:21 PM
Yes Pory, you can use the Japanese version of any legal card. My whole deck could be Japanese if I wanted to. You can also use any card that has the same name as an old one. For example, I could use Base Set Switch instead of whatever EX set it's in right now, or a Here Comes Team Rocket from Team Rocket (though it would have to be played as the EX TRR version that is a Supporter.)

List of old cards you can use:
http://pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=1800

P0RYG0N
28th November 2004, 09:38 PM
Good, 'cause that's the only Dark Energy I have. :sweat4:

Water Pokemon Master
28th November 2004, 09:41 PM
I have gotten like three boxes of EX R/S in my life (1 which was water damaged and half the cards ruined), but anyway, I have a TON of Darkness energy you could borrow. One day after school I could bring my drawer of booster boxes and we can make you a half-decent deck. :)

Roarkiller
29th November 2004, 06:32 AM
Newest ruling by WoTC states that you may use a card in any language from any set so long as it is the exact same card (same name) without having any reference card, and it is played according to the text and rulings of the newest version of the card in the english version.

Water Pokemon Master
29th November 2004, 07:23 AM
WOTC is dead. :no:

Roarkiller
29th November 2004, 07:59 AM
WOTC is dead. :no:

Rulings still stand. :yes:

joehardyreturns
29th November 2004, 08:31 AM
Rulings still stand. :yes:

Uncle Killer,
I think we have Floor Rules (http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/pdfs/Pokemon%20TCG%202004%20Tournament%20Rules.pdf) from PUI... :nod: