PDA

View Full Version : Moveset Needed for Shiny Koffing

Kitcage
29th November 2004, 04:01 AM
Yet another neighbor arived with a shiny pokemon to trade, this time, a shiny koffing, but because my fire-red isnt able to trade to ruby yet he will come back next week, time enough for me to make a moveset and think of its EV's now I never trained a koffing so any help is apriciated

Rudoku
29th November 2004, 08:58 AM
The most important question is: What's its nature?

Sceptile_Master
29th November 2004, 10:07 AM
If it has a good nature then have haze, will-o-wisp, sludge bomb, protect/explosion.

A tank type thing or something. Impish nature or something lokks cool if that is what it is. If not adamant or careful also works. Put about 200 ev's or something in attack but mostly in HP and the defenses.

Hope you get a good nature. And good luck with it.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
29th November 2004, 02:19 PM
Pain Split_WoW_Explosion/Sludgebomb/Shadowball_Protect/Haze/Explosion

rinku
29th November 2004, 04:37 PM
Let's not talk about moves it can't have - Pain Split and Will-o-wisp are egg moves, people.

Weezing has a superb Defense and OK Attack and Special Attack. The only thing that really threatens it is Psychic, so it is generally very durable. However it doesn't have the stat incresing moves of a real tank. I'd go with something like:

Sludge Bomb
Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Thunderbolt
Haze/Toxic/Taunt/another attack
Destiny Bond/Explosion

If you get a +Attack one, Shadow Ball is a good option. If you get a +Special Attack one, consider both Thunderbolt and Flamethrower. Because it is slow, Destiny Bond may not work that well without Taunt.

phaedrus
29th November 2004, 07:19 PM
weezing@leftovers
sludgebomb
haze
fireblast/tbolt
explosion/protect/taunt/dbond
(whatevercomeswithyourshiny-levitate)

MeLoVeGhOsTs
30th November 2004, 01:37 PM
Explosion>Destiny bond because Weezing is slow...
Shadowball>'Zam because of Weezing's att.
Sludgebomb=stab
Protect/Haze/Toxic/Taunt

You might wanna try Toxic+Protect...

phaedrus
30th November 2004, 05:38 PM
now wtf is zam? thunderbolt?

weezing is imho best hazar. evar. use him to haze. and fireblast for steels.

Poryhedron
30th November 2004, 06:02 PM
'Zam is short for Alakazam, the Psychic-type pokémon. Its powers can be Weezing's doom, but tap it with a Shadow Ball and it goes right down.

phaedrus
30th November 2004, 06:07 PM
yeah, but weezing is so slow it is screwed anyways. unless for some queer reason alakazam goes last, any weezing v. alakazam match is over before it starts. only case where weezing can easily win is when forcing a switch. even then sludge bomb should have enough power to take alakazam down.

i knew 'zam was alakazam, it's just that the context of use made it seem like a move... :mad:

MeLoVeGhOsTs
1st December 2004, 07:10 AM
If HP and Sp.Def Ev's are put into Weezing, he can survive a psychic. He will use b00m and gg 'Zam...

rinku
1st December 2004, 04:27 PM
If HP and Sp.Def Ev's are put into Weezing, he can survive a psychic. He will use b00m and gg 'Zam...

Probably not. You can assume most Alakazam have a +Special Attack personality and 252 effort in SA. Assuming 31 IVs and 252 effort in all relevant stats, and L100, 'zam has a SA of 405 and Weezing has a SDef of 252 if a +SDef nature, 239 if a neutral nature. It has 334 HP.

By my calculations, The Alakazam above will do between 314 and 369 HP damage, averaging 342, against the +Special Defense Weezing above. It will do between 331 and 390 HP vs the neutral nature, averaging 361.

While it is indeed possible for a maxed Weezing to survive a maxed Alakazam's Psychic, it's unlikey (about 30% taking into account the chance of a critical hit, which will always faint Weezing). Any Weezing which does not have a +Special Defense nature may as well forget it (the chances of survival are actually less than the chances of a critical).

If your opposing Alakazam is in-game, it's more likely to work, as they are unlikey to be maxed. But in a human battle, switch.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
2nd December 2004, 01:57 PM
'Zam is seen allot with Timid aswell...

Animelee
2nd December 2004, 03:39 PM
Hmm... I'd give it:

Sludge Bomb
Flamethrower
Haze
Explosion

That's just me, though.

Edit: *Looks at previous replies* Oh, it isn't just me. ^^

MeLoVeGhOsTs
3rd December 2004, 12:11 PM
Fireblast>Flamethrower is obvious...

andyizcool
3rd December 2004, 12:26 PM
Fireblast>Flamethrower is obvious...
I prefer Fire Blast too but some people just prefer Flamethrower for accuracy. Also note Weezing has 90 Base Attack and 85 Base Special Attack. So a few Special Attack EVs wouldn't hurt to help boost its power when using Fire Blast/Flamethrower. Fire Blast also has the advantage of OHKOing things that Flamethrower would only be able to 2HKO.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
4th December 2004, 04:45 AM
Yes, because the most important reason to give Weezing FB is to KO Skarm! And Flamethrower won't get the job done people!

In diffrent situations I always go Accuracy>Power, though