PDA

View Full Version : Mike's Pokemon Journey

FlamingMagby
28th February 2003, 03:31 PM
Chapter 1: The New Pokemon

Mike Warner woke up early one day. He tapped the alarm clock, which said 8:30AM, and ran downstairs toward his mom. "Hi mom. Today's the day I get my Pokemon!" yelled Mike quickly. "That's nice dear. I made a special breakfast today just for you and your journey." she replied. Mike ate his bacon and pancakes so quick, Mrs. Warner commented him not to eat so fast. Mike ate it fast anyway. He didn't have time to waste on breakfast. He ran over to his phone and called his best friend, Kenny Smith. "Yo Kenny. What's up?" said Mike. "Um... sleeping." scoffed Kenny. Mike wasn't amused a single bit. "Are you ready for today?" replied Mike. "You bet!" said Kenny, acting much more enthusiastic than his last comment. "Let's go then!" yelled Mike and hung up. He ran out the door and met up with Kenny. "Why did you call me?" asked Kenny. "We live right next door." Mike ignored him and went into Professor Birch's office. "Hey there Mike. Hello, Kenny. Are you two here to pick your new Pokemon?" questioned Prof. Birch in that deep voice of his. "Yup! Boy, am I excited!" I screamed out. "Ok, ok, calm down, Mike. I have five Pokemon available today." said the professor, trying to continue. "The Pokemon I have today are Aipom, Sentret, Cyndaquil, Pidgey and Elekid." Mike knew what Kenny was going to pick, knowing how much he liked flying types. "PIDGEY!" barked Kenny. "All right then, Kenny. This Pokemon is yours." Prof. Birch told him. Kenny smiled and quickly took the Pokeball from the professor's hands. "Hmm... I think I'll name you... Flutter." said Kenny. It was now Mike's turn to pick his Pokemon. "Uh... um..." Mike thought. "Elekid." he decided. "I'll name you Thunder." The professor gave Mike his Elekid. "Bye Professor Birch!" waved Mike and Kenny as they left. "Wait, boys!" stopped Prof. Birch. "Do you kids know where the first gym is, by the way?" Mike and Kenny were stumped. "Heh heh... well, if you're looking for the road to championship, the first town you'll pass is Evergreen City. I think the gym leader there is Zackerie the fire-type trainer." explained the professor. Neither Mike nor Kenny looked disgusted or happy, because neither of their types were super-effective or not very effective. As Kenny and Mike left the Professor's house, Mike went to his house for a town map. "Let's see... here we are in April City, and... first we have to cross through.. Appleview Forest. Hmm! Sounds easy to me." Mike thought to himself. He ran back out of his house, spotted Kenny and told him the details. Mike noticed Kenny was a bit disappointed. "Must be cause my Elekid has a type advantage." Mike thought proudly. As they left the city, they noticed a girl in a rush. She bumped into them. "Oh, oh! So sorry! I need to get my new Pokemon!" Mike and Kenny looked puzzled. "Oh... sorry. My name's Sally. I'm starting my Pokemon journey today. I have to get there before someone takes the Sentret I'v been wanting. I live over there past the Appleview Forest. You know, Evergreen City?" Mike and Kenny nodded. "It isn't taken, is it?" asked Sally. "Nope," Mike shook his head. "Hey, do you want to join out Pokemon journey?" requested Kenny. "Oh, ok! I'd sure like some company on my trip." Sally rushed over to the lab entrance and came out soon with a new Sentret. "I'll name you Buddy." said Sally, and the three rookie Pokemon trainers headed out for their adventure.

FlamingMagby
28th February 2003, 04:46 PM
Chapter 2: Sally's Battle

Mike stopped by the Pokemon Mart and picked up three Pokeballs and a potion. Kenny took two Pokeballs and two potions. Sally took two Pokeball and four potions. The three new trainers headed out to Evergreen Forest when... "Mike! Kenny!" It was the Professor. He ran over to them, out of breath. "You... two... <wheeze>... forgot... your PokeGear." marked the professor. "... Oh? And who might you be?" he questioned. "Oh, me? I'm Sally. I'm from Evergreen City. I already have my PokeGear, and my PokeDex..." "OH MY! It appears I'm being a bit forgetful." interrupted the professor. "Here are your PokeDexes boys." He handed the PokeGear and the Dex to Mike and Kenny. "I hope you boys will put this to good use. Sorry for the interruption ma'am." apologized the Prof. "That's OK." replied Sally. "Well, I better get going! Those Pokemon don't discover themselves, you know!" He laughed and walked back to his lab. The three trainers walked up to the start of Appleview Forest when a small, red Pokemon with six tails ran around the entrance. All three trainers looked surprised and quickly opened their Pokedexes. Vulpix- The Six-Tailed Pokemon. This fire Pokemon starts out with one tail and once it reaches six, can be recognizable as a Vulpix. "OH MY GOODNESS, IT IS SO CUTE!! YOU BOYS STAND BACK! I WANT THIS VULPIX!" screamed Sally at the top of her lungs. "Go, Buddy!" Sally shot out a small red ball with a white stripe and button and it released her Sentret with a red flash of light. The Vulpix looked surprised and started to run away. "Oh no, you don't! Buddy, Quick Attack!" Buddy sped up and whammed Vulpix, causing it to stop. "Buddy, Tackle attack!" The Sentret slammed into the Vulpix, slamming it into a tree. To Sally's surprise, the Vulpix ddn't give up. It used Ember on Buddy. The Sentret was hurt badly with plenty of burns, but didn't give up. "No, Buddy, you don't have to..." Sally tried to tell the Sentret, but Buddy instead kept on fighting. Buddy ran over to it and Quick Attacked it. Vulpix, suddenly, used Sand Attack. It blinded Buddy. "Oh no! Buddy, try using several Quick Attacks to wipe it off!" Buddy did as he was told. It was working, but Vulpix looked as if it were going to attack again and finish it off. "NO! Go, Thunder!" yelled Mike. He threw his Poke Ball at the ground. A small, yellow Pokemon with black stripes formed out of the bright red light. "Mike, wha..." Sally decided not to continue. "Thunder, Thundershock!" Thunder ran up to the Vulpix and electrocuted it. "Now, Thunder Wave!" yelled Mike once more. The Elekid shot out some strange yellow waves to the beaten up Vulpix, paralyzing it. "Pokeball, go!" yelled Sally. She threw an empty Poke Ball, and the Vulpix was sucked in. The ball shook a few times, and it stopped. "YEAH! I caught Vulpix! I'll name you Tails. Buddy, you deserve a rest. Return!" Sally took the Poke Ball and clicked the button. The recognizable red light flashed and took the Sentret back in. "Thunder, return!" Another flash of light, another Pokemon disappearing into the ball. "Yay, I caught a Vulpix!" cheered Sally. "Yeah, you did ALL of the work. You sure had nobody help you!" scoffed Mike. Sally glared at Mike. Mike just laughed. "Hey... why's Kenny so quiet?" Sally looked behind, and saw Kenny sleeping. "Um... uh... huh.... what?" said Kenny in a tired manner. "Wake up, Kenny! Sally just caught a Vulpix!" yelled Mike. It looks like the three Pokemon trainers are back to their travels through the forest- and their road to victory.

Chris 2.1
2nd March 2003, 05:58 AM
ok, you're ten? well Kudos for starting to write a fic. I'll show you a few handy tips to make sure you improve:

when a new person speaks, start a new line:
"Mike! Kenny!" It was the Professor. He ran over to them, out of breath. "You... two... <wheeze>... forgot... your PokeGear." marked the professor. "... Oh? And who might you be?" he questioned. "Oh, me? I'm Sally. I'm from Evergreen City. I already have my PokeGear, and my PokeDex..." "OH MY! It appears I'm being a bit forgetful." interrupted the professor. "Here are your PokeDexes boys." He handed the PokeGear and the Dex to Mike and Kenny

becomes this:
"Mike! Kenny!" It was the Professor. He ran over to them, out of breath.
"You... two... <wheeze>... forgot... your PokeGear." marked the professor.
"... Oh? And who might you be?" he questioned. "Oh, me? I'm Sally. I'm from Evergreen City. I already have my PokeGear, and my PokeDex..." "
OH MY! It appears I'm being a bit forgetful." interrupted the professor. "Here are your PokeDexes boys." He handed the PokeGear and the Dex to Mike and Kenny

have a new paragraph as a new line. Take this:
"Mike! Kenny!" It was the Professor. He ran over to them, out of breath.

"You... two... <wheeze>... forgot... your PokeGear." marked the professor.

"... Oh? And who might you be?" he questioned. "Oh, me? I'm Sally. I'm from Evergreen City. I already have my PokeGear, and my PokeDex..."

"OH MY! It appears I'm being a bit forgetful." interrupted the professor. "Here are your PokeDexes boys." He handed the PokeGear and the Dex to Mike and Kenny

that should help. Maybe pull it away from the strong magnet of trainer fics. Maybe Kenny sees a legendary? maybe Mike doesn't believe him? Maybe the two fall out, and go seperate ways? There are loads of things you can do to make this a great fic, so keep plugging away!

FlamingMagby
4th March 2003, 03:04 PM
Sorry it took me so long to make Chapter 3. AOL kept freezing me. Oh well, here is chapter 3. Thanks to ShinyMarill for the tip.

Chapter 3: Problematic Pineco

As the trio of trainers continue on to Evergreen City, something seems to catch Sally's eye.
"Isn't that tree moving?" she commented.
"Well, no, I don't see-" Mike was interrupted.
The tree WAS moving.
"Oh wow. I wonder what's wrong with it. Maybe it's a Sudowoodo." added Mike.
"Hmm..." thought Sally.
Kenny had a scorn look on his face.
He walked over to the tree and kicked it, proving that there's nothing weird about it, and thus ending Sally's and Mike's endless chatter.
Sally shrieked suddenly. A Pineco had fallen out of the tree.
"Pine! COOOOOOO!" the small, pinecone shaped Pokemon self-destructed right behind Kenny.
"AEEEH!!!" screamed the terrified trainer.
"Hey, no one explodes on MY friend! Go, Thunder!" yelled Mike courageously.
The small ball slammed into the ground and released the mighty Elekid.
"Wait, Mike! I'll take care of this! Let's go, Flutter! Gust!" commanded Kenny.
Flutter bolted out of the Pokeball and whipped up a tornado, blowing the Pineco away.
"HEY! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" screamed... a voice.
"Get ready to fight!" a tall, muscular trainer stepped up.
He looked strong.
"Why'd you hurt that Pineco!? Didn't it faint when it self-destructed?!" he yelled.
"Uh..." Kenny was stumped.
"I'm Seth. And you're dead!" screamed the trainer.
"No, I'm Kenny. And yes, I accept your battle." scoffed Kenny.
"GO, PINEKY!!" a Pineco formed out of the Pokeball.
"Flutter, Tackle!" the small bird-like Pokemon lunged at Pineky and slammed him right into a wall.
"Hmm. I got an idea. If you win this battle, I'll give you my Fearow. No expenses paid. BUT, if you lose, I'll BREAK YOUR FACE!!" screamed out Seth.
Kenny decided to fight him anyway, because he was already winning.
"All right Flutter, Quick Attack!" the Pidgey speeded up and slammed hard into the Pineco.
"Now, let's end this an collect our Fearow! Flutter! TACKLE!!" barked Kenny one last time.
However, something strange happened as Flutter approached Pineky.
Pineky turned white and changed its form.
"Holy moly! What the heck is THAT?!" asked Mike loudly.
Forretress- the Steel Cocoon Pokemon.
This Pokemon can protect itself by withdrawing into its shell or spinning away from the opponent.
The Pidgey slammed right into the Forretress, and got a bit shaky from its steel shell.
"HEHEHEH!! Pineky! Use your new move! RAPID SPIN!" commanded Seth.
The Forretress speeded up and spun around, whacking the Pidgey and making it faint.
"Uhn... Flutter... return..." said Kenny with a frown.
But the sadness quickly turned into fright, as Kenny waited for his imminent doom.
"Hey don't do that!" Sally stepped up and continously whacked Seth with her purse.
Seth looked at Sally for a long time, but all that came out of his mouth was, "uh... um... udidih.... haggg....".
Mike and Kenny instantly burst into laughter.
"HEY! I KNOW WHAT YOU TWO ARE THINKING! ARGH!!!!" screamed Sally angrily.
"Heheheheh... hehehe... sorry." snorted Mike.
"Hmm... I got an idea. Want me to get rid of him for ya?"
"Yeah... this would be a good moment!" suggested Sally with Seth drooling on her shirt.
"Thunder! Thunderpunch!" yelled Mike.
The Elekid fired a punch of electricity at Seth, making him blast off like Team Rocket does.
To change the subject, Sally saw the entrance to Evergreen City.
Phew! These trainers will finally get a move on.

FlamingMagby
9th March 2003, 12:04 PM
Chapter 4: The Charizard Events

"Where's the gym?" asked Mike.
"It looks like... huh?! Hey!" hollered Kenny, pointing to the sky.
"I don't see nothin'. Are you pulling my leg?" quoted Mike.
"No really! I saw this weird orange thing in the sky!" replied Kenny.
"THERE IT IS AGAIN!" screamed Kenny.
He frantically turned on his PokeDex.
"DEX! What's that thing up there?" yelled Kenny.
Charizard- the Flame Pokemon. This Pokemon enjoys mistreating or taunting smaller Pokemon, and won't bother fighting one that looks too weak.
"What? A Charizard?! And it's in the wild!" yelled Mike.
"And it's a flying type!" remarked Kenny happily.
"No way you're going to catch it!" said Mike, running over to its location.
The Charizard looked down, opened its mouth and Flamethrowered Mike to a crisp.
"Too bad, man! It looks like Kenny'll have to take it! Go, Flutter!"
Kenny threw down a PokeBall.
The Pidgey came out of it with no enthusiasm and didn't even bother to fly.
"Note to self- must return Flutter, heal him and come back! Doy!" sensed Kenny.
He returned his Pidgey, and just as he was going to the Pokemon Center, the Charizard picked him up and threw him into Glitter Beach, the path leading to the next town.
"Save yourself Flutter!" Kenny threw his PokeBall to the ground.
The Pidgey used all its might to go into the Pokemon Center, and soon it was all healed.
"Mike and Kenny are down! Now for me!" yelled Sally as if Kenny and Mike were strangers.
"Wait, hold on!" screamed a nearby trainer.
Sally instantly fell in love with him and started flirting.
"I'm Zackerie, the Evergreen Gym Leader, and that's MY Charizard!" he yelled.
"Oh... heh heh... sorry... I thought it was wild... just like your looks..." flirted Sally.
Mike stood up in pain. "Aughhh! HEY! You're the Gym Leader?" questioned Mike, instantly smiling to have finally found the Gym Leader.
"Umm... where's Kenny?" he asked again.
"Uh... he... went... to, uh... buy... some more... POTIONS! Yeah, that's it." replied Sally nervously.
"Hey... aren't you Sally? You live around the corner, don't you?" said Zackerie.
"Yeah... sweetie... oops, I mean... Zack." answered Sally.
Mike and Zack looked at Sally in a strange way, since she was sweating like mad.
"I think I'm going to go check on Kenny at the Mart." said Mike, changing the subject.
That left Sally and Zackerie alone, and Sally looked like she had just taken a bath with all her sweating.
"What's wrong?" asked Zackerie, the question Sally had been terrified of.
"Um... well, you see... your Charizard threw his best friend all the way to Glitter Beach."
"WHAT!?" screamed Mike, obviously eavesdropping.
"Oh, sorry to hear that, dude." replied Zack, slightly ashamed.
"Geee!" crowed Flutter, bringing back Kenny who was unconsious.

Later at the Pokemon Center...

"Ohh... I'm sorry Mike. Kenny won't be recovered fully for a whole week. You're lucky he had a soft landing. If he didn't, we wouldn't know if Kenny would even stay alive!"
The Nurse Joy's words scared Mike to no end.
"Hahahohohoheehee! Guess we'll have to travel without Kenny for one, big, fat week!" laughed Sally.
"YOU!" screamed Mike angrily. "You've been treating Kenny like crud! If you think you're going to keep on this quest, you won't do it with me!"
Sally gasped and ran out of the Center.
"Umm... how about this as my apology. I know it isn't fair to give you this without a battle, but... well, it's just the kinda guy I am." said Zackerie.
He took out a TM and handed it over to Kenny.
"Uhh... what TM is this...?" asked Kenny happily but unenthusiastically.
"That TM is called Return. If I put you into this much trouble, you must have something. Besides, if your Pidgey likes you that much, it must be worth it." replied Zack.
"Well, Zack!" barked Kenny to change the melancholy subject, "How's about a Gym fight tomorrow? It's too late for one now. Besides, I need to catch more Pokes today."
"Oh! Sure, man." approved Zackerie.

What will happen in Mike's battle? Will Kenny recover soon enough? What will Sally do? Find out in the next post!

Devil_Angel
9th March 2003, 12:47 PM
Good story! :yes:

:wave:

FlamingMagby
11th March 2003, 03:42 PM
Devil_Angel: Thanks, glad you liked it so far!

Chapter 5: Back to Appleview

Mike was finally getting ready for the first gym badge he had long awaited.
A burst of light released Mike's Elekid, Thunder, and it didn't take much time for Mike to find his first wild Pokemon.
"Huh? What's that?" questioned Mike, opening his Pokedex.
Wooper- the Carefree Pokemon. This Pokemon has small antennas that help it keep balance. When it evolves into Quagsire, its color lightens.
"A Wooper! Just what I need to beat Zackerie!" yelled Mike excitingly. "Thunder, give it a one-hit K.O. Thunderbolt!"
Thunder charged up some electricity and threw it at the Wooper.
To Mike's surprise, the Wooper wasn't hurt at all by the shock.
"Wa-huh?!" Mike said, baffled.
Wooper's types are ground and water, and so an electric-type would not be the best choice.
"Hmph! Then hit it with a Quick Attack!"
The Elekid gained speed quickly and slammed right into the Wooper.
The Wooper did something Mike wouldn't expect, though.
It walked towards a rock and fell asleep.
"I thought so. No wonder it's a Carefree Pokemon." blurted Mike.
"And that just makes it easier! Pokeball, go!"
Mike threw down the little red ball and caught the Wooper.
"Aw yes! Huh... OH NO!"
Mike ran over to the rock as the ball fell into the water.
"NO NO NO!!!" barked Mike frantically.
He jumped into the water.
"Thunder! Grab on to me so I can pull the Wooper back to shore!" Mike commanded.
Thunder ran over to Mike and grabbed his hand.
"YEYEYEAAAAAGG!" screamed Mike.
The electricity combined with the water caused an electric shock, causing Mike to let go of the ball.
Thunder pulled Mike back up to the rock.
"Oh, crud! I lost a Pokeball AND a Pokemon!" sighed Mike.
"Ele!" yelled Elekid, pointing to grass moving.
"Yeah! Great job, Thunder!" yelled Mike.
"Hey! Get away from that Magby!" screamed Sally.
"Sally?! I thought I told you to get lost!" barked Mike. "Magby huh? A good addition to my team!"
"Oh, speaking of additions to team, I found a Pokemon on the shore of the waterfall. It just fell from the sky in a PokeBall."
yipped Sally, showing off.
"Hmm..." pondered Mike.
Just as Mike was about to say the next thing, Sally ran off and threw a PokeBall at the Magby.
"Oh no! Elekid, use Quick Attack on Magby!" yelled Mike.
As a last-minute attempt, Elekid slammed into Magby, sending it off the course of the PokeBall.
"Argggh! Buddy! Tails! Go!" Sally threw two PokeBalls down, one revealing a Sentret and the other a Vulpix.
"Buddy! Tackle on the Elekid! Vulpix, Ember on him!" commanded Sally.
Just as that happened, the Magby started using an Ember to attack Thunder for the Quick Attack he did.
"Aggg! Thunder! Return!" Mike withdrew his Elekid and then sent him out again. "Thunderbolt all three Pokemon!"
Thunder sent out a shock of electricity, which made all three temporarily stunned.
"Pokeball, go!" yelled Mike, throwing down his second ball.
"This ain't over yet! Whoopdee Doo! Go!" Sally threw down another PokeBall, which released a Wooper.
"Water Gun the Magby!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.
"Woopee!"
W.D. sent a shot of water on the Magby, sending it away from the Pokeball.

What will happen? Will Mike finally catch his Pokemon? Or will Sally get her fourth Pokemon and show off even more? Find out next time!

FlamingMagby
11th March 2003, 05:43 PM
Hey everyone... sorry my chapters have been so short. I'm going to try to make this one a bit longer.

Chapter 6: The Magby Conclusion

"Hehehe!" screeched Sally.

She ran over to Mike's PokeBall, which caught nothing, picked it up and thew at Magby.

"Hey, that's my PokeBall! It's my $500!" yelled Mike angrily.

"Thunder, take the PokeBall away!"

"Stop him, Whoopee!" Sally screamed back.

Thunder used Quick Attack to reach the ball faster, but Whoopee used Water Gun to send it out of his reach.

"Maaaa..." said the Magby in pain.

"Are you hurt?" asked Mike as the two Pokemon zipped past him continously.

The small fire Pokemon nodded and started sniffing.

"Here, you can have thi-" Mike tried to finish his sentence, but Thunder and Whoopee crashed right into him.

"Whoopee! Water Gun the Magby!" screamed Sally.

"Thunder, Quick Attack!" crowed Mike.

The Elekid and Wooper were now exchanging blows, and forgot about the PokeBall. Mike picked it up.

"Thunder, keep Quick Attacking it!" yipped Mike.

Soon, the Wooper fainted of too many attacks.

"Rrrrr... Whoopee Doo! Return!" growled Sally while taking back her deadbeat Wooper.

Mike once again stepped up to the Magby.

"If you're hurt, then you can have this for no charge!" Mike gave Magby a potion.

Or maybe at a discount. thought Mike.

The Magby drunk it and smiled and soon the Magby's eyes started bending down, probably meaning he's angry.

"Ohhhh no. You're not gonna-" the Magby flung a big blob of fire toward Sally, burning her. "-Ember... me..." mumbled Sally.

"Hmm.. I think I'll call you... Hotshot." confirmed Mike.

The Magby nodded happily.

"Arrr! Why do you always get the Pokemon?!" complained Sally.

"Excuse me?! This is my first caught Pokemon, yet you already have three!" responded Mike angrily.

"Uh.. but I was the one that caught that Wooper..." admitted Mike.

"MAG!" "KID!" "VULPIX!" "TRET!" screeched the four Pokemon currently outside their PokeBall.

"They probably want us to end the chatter. Well, bye loser!" laughed Mike.

"Oh shut up." Sally gave Mike a deadpan look and walked away, returning her Pokemon.

"Hotshot! Thunder! Return!" Mike called his Pokemon back.

"Maaag!" "Elelele!" barked the Pokemon.

"Hmm? You don't like the PokeBalls? Oh, good! I can use them to catch more Pokemon!" smiled Mike.

He sent out his two Pokes and continued walking back to Evergreen City.

"Uhhhhhggg.... I'm deadbeat..." sighed Mike when he returned to the Pokemon Center.

"Hey, Mike!" greeted Zackerie as he entered the Center.

"I bet you're wondering where you're going to sleep. After all, it's 9:45PM!"

"Well, uh... how?" questioned Mike.

"That's easy. Ask the Nurse Joy to give you a reservation. If this is your first time, you'll have to fill a lot of forms out!" explained Zack.

"Okay!" replied Mike.

He walked over to the Nurse's desk.

"I'd like a reservation please." said Mike.

"Okay..." she looked at her computer. "Data shows this is your first time here. Well, you'll have to fill these out!"

She handed Mike a pile of papers.

"Talk to me when you're done."

Name: Mike Anthony Warner

Pokemon: Elekid, Magby

Mike continued writing things down until he handed the forms back to the nurse.

It was about 10:30 now.

"Okay, Pokedex Identification please." she said, smiling.

Mike handed over his Pokedex to the nurse and received it back in about one minute.

"Nice job dear. Here is your room pass and have a nice day- I mean night!" she laughed.

Mike's room was on the second floor. It was great! They had video games, air conditioning, a big bed, anything you could imagine, even a kitchen, bathroom...

Mike decided to put the two Pokemon to bed.

"You'll have to energized when we fight Zackerie tomorrow!" he grinned and gave each one a berry.

Mike played video games until 10:30 and then decided that not only did his Pokeon had to be energized, but him too.

The next morning, Mike woke up at 10:50AM.

"Eeeeh! I overslept!" he screamed in terror.

The battle was supposed to start at eleven o' clock.

Hotshot and Thunder were watching TV.

"Come on, guys! The battle starts in ten minutes!" barked Mike.

He rushed to get dressed and had to redo it cause he put his pants on backwards.

Then he and the other Pokemon technically flew out the door.

He ran to the Gym and looked at his watch. 10:58AM. Just in time.

What will happen in Mike's gym battle? Find out soon!

FlamingMagby
12th March 2003, 04:14 PM
Chapter 7: The Evergreen Gym Battle

"Finally came, huh? Well, to let you know, the badge for defeating me in this gym is a Pyro Badge." explained Zackerie as Mike rushed into the gym.

"Hahhh.... Okay, how many Pokemon?" asked Mike, praying for two.

"I want it to be one, but you want it to be two, don't you, causeI know how to read lips." chuckled Zackerie.

Mike nodded his head in agreement.

"We'll flip a coin then. Heads, one Poke. Tails, two." Zackerie dug into his cargo pants pocket and took out a penny.

He flipped it up.

It landed on tails.

"Two Pokemon then." concluded Zackerie.

"Go, Thunder!" Mike released his Elekid.

"All right! Spike! Go!" Zackerie let go of his PokeBall, releasing a small Pokemon with closed eyes, blue skin on top, yellow-beige skin on the bottom and a few red spots on top.

"Huh? What's that?" asked Mike, turning on his Pokedex.

Cyndaquil- the Fire Mouse Pokemon. It is unknown if Cyndaquil have their eyes open or not, but they seem to have one of the greatest visions that way.

"All right then! Thunder, let's start off with a Quick Attack." said Mike promptly.

"Spike, Ember and then Tackle!" yelled Zackerie.

Thunder sped up so fast that Spike couldn't move to save itself. Instead, it used Ember and stopped Thunder in his tracks.

Then the Cyndaquil gained speed and looked as if were going to headbutt right into Thunder.

The attacked worked and Thunder was sent off to the end of the arena.

It wasn't giving up though. It used Thunder Punch, which paralyzed Spike.

Things were finally looking up for Mike, but Zackerie used a Paralize Cureberry.

Soon, Spike was back on track and used Tackle.

However, Thunder counter-attacked by using Quick Attack to get out of the way and then using Thundershock.

The Cyndaquil still didn't give up. Instead, it dug into the ground.

It was the attack Dig, and one of those would probably burn Thunder to the ground.

Fortunately, Thunder had an idea. He used Quick Attack to get up in the sky just as Spike buried back up and then Thunder used Thunderbolt to the ground.

Of course, Spike used every ounce it had left to whip up a good Flamethrower to the sky and then fainting. It took Thunder by surprise and made him faint too.

"Spike!" "Thunder!" "RETURN!" yelled both trainers.

"Hmmm... In a way, it came to be heads when we flipped the penny because we each have one Pokemon left!" yelled Zackerie.

The two trainers sent out their Pokemon, Charizard and Hotshot (Magby) to finish the battle.

It was going to be a tough ending, since both types were not very effective.

The Charizard flew into the sky, and just as he came soaring down, Magby took the opportunity to dig into the ground.

Charizard missed, and Hotshot came up behind him and hit him with a Mega Punch.

The Charizard was a bit hurt, but it would take much more to make it faint.

Charizard retried Fly, and it worked. He whammed into Hotshot, sending him all the way across the field and crashing into a wall.

"Aw no!" yelled Mike.

He quickly used a potion and devised a quick strategy.

Magby then buried into the ground.

Charizard grunted, being annoyed to having to deal with Hotshot's burrowing again.

This time, though Hotshot buried up in front of him, punched Charizard and dug again.

The attack was working!

After a while, the dig-punch move wore the Charizard out a lot.

But the eleventh time Hotshot tried it, there was no can do. He had run out of PP Points for Dig.

Now all he had to do was hit Charizard one more time, but if Charizard hit HIM one more time, he would lose.

Charizard did another Fly attack. Magby dodged. He punched the Charizard one more time, which made it faint.

Unfortunately, Charizard made a last minute attack which made the battle a draw.

"Uh... sorry, but you'll have to have a rematch with me in order to win the badge. However, I can give you the TM Return right now!" sighed Zackerie.

"Okay..." replied Mike under his breath.

The trainers recalled their Pokemon and Mike went to the Pokemon Center to see Kenny.

"How'd the match go?" muttered Kenny, still in the hospital bed.

"Hmm... it was a draw." remarked Mike. "But I'm okay! I got the chance for a rematch. I also got the TM you got!" Mike showed the TM to Kenny.

"I already taught it to my Pidgey." replied Kenny. "Oh, yeah! Good news! The nurses found that my bruise was smaller than expected and that I'll be fine tomorrow!" laughed Kenny.

"Yay!" cheered Mike happily. "See ya, I'll be in my room."

Mike walked up to his room and on the way, released Thunder and Hotshot from the PokeBalls after healing them.

Mike 'threw' himself onto the bed and sighed.

"Tough day, huh guys." remarked Mike. The Pokemon nodded.

"Maybe later today will be better." said Mike, starting to nap.

The other two Pokemon fell asleep beside him.

Well, that was chapter 7! Much longer than usual, huh?

FlamingMagby
12th March 2003, 09:35 PM
Chapter 8: More Sally Trouble

"Mike! Wake up, sleepyhead!" barked Kenny on his wheelchair while pushing Mike back and forth.

"Hmm... w-what...? What time is it Kenny?" asked Mike.

"It's 4:30PM. Now come down! The professor sent a message to you!" explained Kenny.

"What?! The professor? Cool! I'll be right down." replied Mike.

His two Pokemon were lying on him.

"Hotshot? Thunder? The professor left a message." Mike told them.

Hotshot grunted and rolled around. Thunder started waving his hand all over the place in his sleep.

Mike sighed and escaped from the tumbling Pokemon.

He walked down two flights of stairs, but had to go back up to the second floor to go to the bathroom.

When he finally got there, Kenny was annoyed.

"What took you so long, man? The professor's been in that screen for five hours!" scoffed Kenny.

"Hello Michael! How are you going on your adventure?"

"Me? I'm doing great! I even have a Magby."

"Oh, really? Well, I've got a favor to ask of you. There's a town called Periwinkle Village. It's the town following Evergreen, and you have to cross Glitter Beach to get there." explained the Prof.

"I heard that there have some strange happenings in that small area. I want you to find out, OK?" he quoted.

"Sure!" replied Mike.

"Okay, bye now Michael! Take care and don't bruise anymore, Ken!" the Professor turned off his screen.

"So, watcha gonna do, huh? Huh?" he commented.

"I'm gonna train." said Mike courageously.

He went up the three flights of stairs.

Kenny heard Mike talking, then electricity sparks, then Mike yelling, then Hotshot yelling and fire being blown.

The three walked down then stairs in ashes.

"We have to train to beat Zackerie!" explained Mike. "And also to fight in Glitter Beach." he added.

Kenny laughed hard when he saw Mike, Thunder and Hotshot in burns.

Mike gave him a dirty look which usually meant Kenny would shut up.

"Sigh... let's go." whispered Mike.

Hotshot held the door for the other two as they reached Appleview Forest for a third time.

Appleview looked peaceful in the early sunset, but you never knew when a Pokemon would pop out of nowhere.

"Ah-ha! You again!" screamed someone.

"Sally? Of all the darn times!" crowed Mike, immediately angry.

"Are ya looking for trouble? Because my Wooper can rip right through your Magby's skin!" Once again, Sally was showing off.

"Hey! Who died and made YOU world champion!" barked Mike.

Hotshot started growling, and Thunder looked ready for a battle.

"I've been world champion!" said Sally in that annoying show-offy voice of hers.

"You've been world loser!" barked Mike.

The two Pokemon barked a warning for both of them to be quiet, but both kept arguing until early evening.

"Well, you smell like cockroaches!" scoffed Mike and then laughed.

"You smell wor-" Sally was unable to finish as both she and Mike noticed grass rustling.

"Hooooo!" crowed a small brown-beige Pokemon which looked like a clock.

Hoothoot- the Night Owl Pokemon. It has such a high percentage of accuracy that it can calculate correct time for more than 30 years.

"Wow! Kenny'd sure love a Hoothoot!" thought Mike out loud.

"Oh, that brat. Then I declare the Hoothoot officially mine." she said in that annoying voice once again.

Mike shrugged loudly and angrily after that.

"Hotshot, distract Sally! Thunder, go for the Hoothoot!" commanded Mike as Sally released her Pokes.

Wooper went after Hotshot and used Water Gun, but missed and instead hit it to Tails, making it faint.

Meanwhile, Thunder used Thundershock on Hoothoot and Mike threw a PokeBall and caught it.

"Oh no you don't!" shrieked Sally. She ran over to Mike and tried to steal the ball from him.

"Spoiled brat!" teased Mike while holding on to his Ball.

Then, Sally commanded Buddy to scratch Mike's face and get away with the Hoothoot, but Hotshot returned and used Ember on Buddy many times, making it faint.

Now, Sally only had her Wooper left.

She ordered it to use Dig on Thunder.

"Go, Hoothoot!" yelled Mike.

"Hoo!" the Pokemon yelled its battle cry.

Hoothoot flew over to Whoopee Doo and pecked it, distracting it from digging.

Then, Thunder stepped up and Quick Attacked it on the head hundreds of times, and Hotshot, although not very effective, used Flamethrower, sending Sally and her Pokes into the river.

"Ye-ye-yeah!" laughed Mike.

Later at the Pokemon Center...

"COOL! You caught me a Hoothoot?! Thanks Mike! I'm so grateful! By the way, have you used your Return TM yet?" he asked.

Mike had forgotten it, so he did it right then.

"Thunder, you now know Return!" cheered Mike.

The Pokemon sighed and threw themselves into bed yet again back on the 3rd floor.

"What a lung-killing day this as been." sighed Mike.

And that was it. Soon, Mike fell asleep.

Next morning, Mike woke up early.

"<yawn> ... Hmm... 8:00AM!" he laughed.

"Come on, guys, wake up! We have to go to fight Zackerie! Or at least get ready, because his fight isn't until noon." yakked Mike.

The Pokemon yawned deeply and started getting ready along with Mike.

They walked downstairs, usual thing.

"Hey Mike! I'm walking again!" laughed Kenny. Yup. He had no cast, no wheelchair, no bed...

"The professor has another message. He says this time it's even more important!" marked Kenny.

[I]What could the message be?[I/] thought Mike.

FlamingMagby
13th March 2003, 03:08 PM
Chapter 9: Kenny and Mike Reunited

"The message, is Mike, that some Pokemon have misterously disappeared. The criminal who is thought to have stolen it has short black hair, about 5'6 and very strong. Probably about 22 years old." explained the Professor.

Mike knew immediately who he was talking about.

"It's Sally!" screamed Kenny in conclusion.

"No," contradicted Mike. "It has to be Seth."

"Hahah! Just a joke." laughed Kenny.

"You two will have to help me find the trainer. According to calculations, he should be somewhere near Glitter Beach." added the Professor. "I hope you find him!" he turned off the screen.

"Hey, Kenny! Want to go with me?" questioned Mike.

"Boy, do I ever!" pointed Kenny.

Mike and Kenny ran out of the Pokemon Center and into the shore.

"Wow, the water sure looks shiny from here." marked Mike.

"Huh? Hey look! It's a Horsea!" noticed Kenny, pointing to the water.

"I can use it to beat Zack! Hotshot, use Flamethrower to bring it onto land. Thunder, Thunderbolt when it comes onto land!" commanded Mike.

Hotshot used a big wave of fire to send the Horsea onto shore an Thunder used Thunderbolt. It was not a one-hit KO though.

Horsea used Water Gun so harshly that it sent Hotshot into the water, making it faint.

"Hotshot! Return!" yelled Mike.

Thunder jumped up and used Thunderbolt for his fallen comrade, making Horsea faint.

"POKEBALL!... Oh no!" hollered Mike.

He was all out of Pokeballs.

Sorry this chapter is so short- I'll type extra next chapter

mickeypokemaster
15th March 2003, 12:33 AM
great story i may of only read the first chapter after writing these but its still good but like what shinymarrill said the talking needed fixing. it reminds me of my story though mine ---> /\ (crashed) at chp3

mickeypokemaster
17th March 2003, 12:04 AM
BUMP