PDA

View Full Version : Follow up discussion [To All]

Dark-San
30th November 2004, 08:06 AM
Well I did say that I was going to post a deck within this week right? I did pm Roarkiller to reopen that topic but he didn't reply me so maybe he would like to shift the contents of this follow up into the closed topic! Before I post the deck, I would like add a few pointers adding to those borught up by Roarkiller!

#1: A moderator's job scope
Yes wat Roarkiller has painted up is only a primary job of wat a mod. should do. Besides that, the mod. has to go an extra mile besides that. A delicated mod. should analyse and reply to all topics regarding the Trading Card game that he is best at. Adding to that he should be a role model to his fella card players. That why I did mentioned in the first place that we need a mod. with a proven record. After all there is a saying that goes that in order for person to lead, he must be able to serve the community first.

#2: Number of moderators in a forum
I know that there is no such thing as a fixed number of mods in the first place. However isn't it unfair that the rest of the forum gets to have three mods. and we two?

#3: Selection of moderators
No comments. But I did recommend Last Exile for that third spot.

#4: Editing/deleting of posts
No comments but a supermod. can't possibly fix our decks right? Lolz~ :sweat2:

#5: Added Comments
Yes I must agree that Alec does hav some knowledge of Duel Monsters. However I don't remember him being active in MOST of the Duel Monster's topics. Besides I did remember him mentioning that he is leaving YGO aside for a moment just to concentrate back on Pokemon. So for now he is more of a Pokemon TCG player then a Duel Monster player.

In any case, if a player abandons the game for too long. His/Her skills might dropped to a level of a noob. Reason simply given that the person has not been kept updated of the trend and new sets. Only a person that has been playing regularly can attained that proven record's level. Well you can ask me about that, after I've finished my BMT phase, it took me 3 weeks to get back to the level I was before I entered BMT!

Besides Alec seems to be always MIA only appearing like once a week or even at times months. So wats that active of him?

So so much for talking about the new mod. stuffs, lets get down to my deck.

Creatures [16]
Dimensional Warrior Girl [3]
Blade Knight
Saint Magician
Tuner of the Dead: Kaiku
Magical Scientist
Magical Warrior - Breaker
Don Zarung
EX Virus
Killer Snake
Fiber Jar
Guarding Hand of Nephthys*
Andriod Psycho Shocker
Phoenix God of Nephthys*
Chaos Soldier

Magic [18]
Pot of Greed
Mirage of Nightmare
Distressing Choice
Hand Obliteration
Cyclone
Tempest
Confiscate
Steadfast Guard
Lightning Vortex
Change of Heart
Theft
Early Burial
Rebirth of the Dead
Emissary of Obliteration
Shield Crush
Calling Reinforcement [2]
Enemy Controller

Trap [6]
Sixth Sense
Cry of the Living Dead
Destruction Ring
Tidal Wave
Apostles of Harmony
Dust Tornado

Translation
FET-JP005
Phoenix God of Nephthys
Fire/Bird/8/2400/1600
When this card is destroy by card effect, during your next standby phase, you may special summon this card to the field. If you do, destroy all Magic/Trap cards on the field.
Ultra Rare/Ultimate Rare

FET-JP006
Guarding Hand of Nephthys
Wind/Spellcaster/2/600/600
Sacrifice two monster on your field including this card to special summon a[Phoenix God of Nephthys] from your hand/deck to the field.

I figured that that since Phoenix God of Nephthys was up, the days of stall and burn decks are over. With its splendid effect, it would be a heavy storm effect every of your stand by phase. Because of this effect, I threw in back Mirage of Nightmare even though cyclone got restricted.

I too drop the number of Lightning Vortex to one since playing 2 is more of a burden than being effective. Might be the reason, why I'm discarding the cards on my hand real fast. No thanks to EX Virus, Rebirth of Dead and now Lightning Vortex.

So yupz thats all only 2 new additions to my current deck. So rate fix watever! most importantly give comments to my pointers above!

SWAMPERT1
30th November 2004, 05:41 PM
Looks Good Darkyouth. I asume the Guarding Hand of Nephthys is to get Pheonix God from your deck right. It would be dumb just to sac. 3 monsters to get a tribute from your hand. Anywho, I cant see why it is not fine just the way it is.

Also, I must thank you. I wanted to put a Dust Tornado in my deck but didnt know what to replace so I looked at your deck and desided to take out a Waboku and put in a Dust Tornado.

The Muffin Man
30th November 2004, 07:53 PM
Looks Good Darkyouth. I asume the Guarding Hand of Nephthys is to get Pheonix God from your deck right. It would be dumb just to sac. 3 monsters to get a tribute from your hand. Anywho, I cant see why it is not fine just the way it is.

Also, I must thank you. I wanted to put a Dust Tornado in my deck but didnt know what to replace so I looked at your deck and desided to take out a Waboku and put in a Dust Tornado.

Actually, from what I read, Guarding Hand just has to be one of the two.

SWAMPERT1
30th November 2004, 09:55 PM
Opps! I misunderstood. In that case then I take back the part conserning this card. Also, Pheonix being Special Summoned means only one Tribute Summon in this deck which adds up to being easy to get the 3 power houses in this deck.

mr_pikachu
30th November 2004, 10:14 PM
Actually, it's even better from what I understand. I think you can summon Phoenix God of Nephthys immediately after playing Guarding Hand of Nephthys (provided you have another monster on the field), because it would be a card effect that summons Phoenix God of Nephthys. Since that summoning would be via a card effect, it would count as a Special Summon, right?

piKachuuu
1st December 2004, 12:58 AM
Yeah!! I see a deck with Nephthys!! XD Nobody I know has that card yet, so I haven't played against it.. [I use a burner/staller]

Looks like a tight deck!! =D But I think Scientist and APS in one deck could be a bit hindering.

Last Exile
1st December 2004, 03:24 AM
Only thing I query is why Guarding hand of Nephitys. How sure is it to make sure you get it when you have another monster on the field already. Wouldn't a staller like Spirit Reaper be good tribute bait if you're using it?

Roarkiller
1st December 2004, 06:38 AM
Job scope: Our job is to manage the forum, the end. Everything else is purely voluntary.

# of mods: Some forums has none, or only one. Quality > quantity.

Supermods: See job scope.

And bout the need to be a regular player, i stopped playing for a period of almost a yr before i started to pick up again, yet my abilities remain as high as ever. Not many ppl can throw together a deck thought up in less than a week (playtested only once might i add) and continue to win 2nd in a major tourney.

And my most recent deck, thought up in TEN MINUTES, thrown together in LESS THAN AN HOUR, proved pretty lethal at my league.

Regarding Alec, yes i know he's pretty inactive. But he might prove useful still, and i have no plans in requesting a change of mod. Besides, i can handle this place quite well. I don't need to know YGH to recognize spam and flame wars.

And also, # of posts does not equal to the amount of activeness. I can not post for a week but still come down everyday. And thats what Alec does, or so he told me.

The Muffin Man
1st December 2004, 10:28 AM
Only thing I query is why Guarding hand of Nephitys. How sure is it to make sure you get it when you have another monster on the field already. Wouldn't a staller like Spirit Reaper be good tribute bait if you're using it?

Well he's got Breaker, and Kaiku. So chances are it's not hard to get a monster to stay out. Use Breakers effect, then trib it.

On that note, do you really think it's a smart idea to only have 3 Dimensional girl? Maybe try shuffling in a few more Kaiku for some more disposable attackers.

SWAMPERT1
1st December 2004, 10:27 PM
Yeah!! I see a deck with Nephthys!! XD Nobody I know has that card yet, so I haven't played against it.. [I use a burner/staller]

Looks like a tight deck!! =D But I think Scientist and APS in one deck could be a bit hindering.
Why would both Scientist and Psycho Shocker be hindering?

Last Exile
2nd December 2004, 01:31 AM
Why would both Scientist and Psycho Shocker be hindering?

Well, personally I don't think Phoenix and Jinzo should both be in there. One or the other. Don't get tribute heavy.

Dark-San
2nd December 2004, 04:39 AM
@Roarkiller~ I know you can handle the job pal. But technically this board is like only run by one mod. So if there happens to be a long period of you being absent all of a sudden? Well we certainly need a 3rd mod. as a back up right? (Taking account that Alec is still MIA)

@Last Exile~ Don't worry about Shocker being a hinder lolz~ Most of the time, I would be dumping Shocker into the graveyard and getting it onto the field using either Early Burial or Cry of the Living Dead! As for the reaper, I'm still considering whether to include it! Maybe you can advise me on what to take out to input the reaper :round:

@TMM~ Dimensional Warrior Girl is more for the monster removal. Most of my light based creatures comes from Magical Scientist.

SWAMPERT1
2nd December 2004, 11:35 PM
If you want a S.H. Spirit I would take out the Mirage of Nightmare. You cant waste Cyclone anymore and you cant 100% really on Pheonix alone so scrape it for Spirit.

Last Exile
3rd December 2004, 02:30 AM
WAIT?! You put Mirage of Nightmare in?! Dude, ditch it NOW! That card should never see the light of day ever again!

The Muffin Man
3rd December 2004, 02:40 PM
WAIT?! You put Mirage of Nightmare in?! Dude, ditch it NOW! That card should never see the light of day ever again!

Ever since the MST restriction it's really no good anymore. Draw up to 4 cards, than randomly discard up to the same amount. With MST, it was good. Now it's just 1 card out of 40 that you don't need. And instead of needing 3 cards out of , making it 4 out of 40 total, making it 1/10 cards that will help alot soon.

so yeah ditch Mirage.

SWAMPERT1
3rd December 2004, 09:21 PM
No offence but did either of you two even read what Darkyouth said at the bottom of his post~ lolz XD

Last Exile
4th December 2004, 02:24 AM
And in the process lose half your deck...

SWAMPERT1
4th December 2004, 11:43 AM
And in the process lose half your deck...
What does that mean? Did you post in the wrong topic? Im sorry but I didnt understand that at all Last_Exile.

The Muffin Man
4th December 2004, 03:40 PM
What does that mean? Did you post in the wrong topic? Im sorry but I didnt understand that at all Last_Exile.

What my friend Ms.Exile(Kidding, Ryan XD) was trying to say is that Mirage of Nightmare is gonna end up eating his deck up. Draw power is only draw power when you don't lose anything in the process. Otherwise it's an even trade(card for card). In this case, it could very well be a -3...

Dark-San
4th December 2004, 07:04 PM
Its obvious that I wouldn't try to that a stunt right? I would of course choose the best time to play mirage of course. I would play it in either of the two conditions:

1) When I know that Phoenix God of Nephthys would return in my next stand by phase or when

2) There is a Cyclone on my hand or field.

Timing of course is the key to the secret of playing mirage here.

SWAMPERT1
4th December 2004, 08:13 PM
What my friend Ms.Exile(Kidding, Ryan XD) was trying to say is that Mirage of Nightmare is gonna end up eating his deck up. Draw power is only draw power when you don't lose anything in the process. Otherwise it's an even trade(card for card). In this case, it could very well be a -3...
Thanx for explaining that.

Also Darkyouth, even if you wait to time the Mirage you have to think, what if your bottom cards were Pkeonix God and Cyclone? You would have one card you cant use for the whole duel (although I'm sure this would never happen to commonly).

Dark-San
4th December 2004, 09:11 PM
I have a habit of not keeping a specific card on my hand for three consecutive turns. Even if that card is Chaos Soldier, I will proberly dumped it for other uses. The same goes for Mirage. If it stays on my hand for too long, I will proberly just gotta uses it as a decoy. Putting it face down on my field and then luring my opponent to use Cyclone on it.

SWAMPERT1
4th December 2004, 09:45 PM
Bluffs are great eh?

Last Exile
6th December 2004, 04:47 AM
From my experience, bluffs only work on noobs. The people I pklay at the top level ALWAYS attack no matter what's at stake. I've learnt to as well. It's become pretty standard in Australia. A bluff will never work because we simply always attack, even if Fiber Jar is waiting. ;)

The Muffin Man
6th December 2004, 10:14 AM
From my experience, bluffs only work on noobs. The people I pklay at the top level ALWAYS attack no matter what's at stake. I've learnt to as well. It's become pretty standard in Australia. A bluff will never work because we simply always attack, even if Fiber Jar is waiting. ;)

I only don't bluff when I KNOW somethings gonna happen. I.e I was playing a *cough*legally obtained copy of Eternal Duelist Soul or one of those, and I played DDVD. So obviously I saw my opponents card(only card in their hand) when they drew it, and saw Ring of Destruction as the only card. They then placed it. Obviously I'm not gonna attack unless they have a monster out. Why, you ask? Because if there's no monster I'm just losing a monster and doing it's attack in damage to myself as well. If there IS a monster out, it's either one less monster or direct damage to my opponent.

But 9 times outta 10 I back my opponent into a wall by attacking if I can. A true pro knows that if your opponent is forced to activate their Ring on your Berserk Gorilla, that's one less obstacle for the rest of your monsters. Think about it: In a chaos deck, if your opponent springs RoD on your Kaiku, you've got another Dark in your grave for Chaos Soldier, and now you never have to worry about Chaos Soldier being destroyed and dealing 3000 to you.

And LE - ;) well, attacking with a Fiber Jar ready to go off gives you the advantage of not having to watch your opponent go through their entire turn uninterupted, as well as forcing your opponent to lose any valuable cards to their strategy into the deck again for who knows how long.

SWAMPERT1
7th December 2004, 12:18 AM
Im like you Exile, I just attack first, ask questions later. If you lose because your opponent sets down a bluff then it sucks. Besides, in my area, I notice people cant really lie all to well. Most act REALLY sad about losing in the duel and set down a bluff. People also whine and brag (They brag in a whining voice) when they are losing and its real annoying.

Dark-San
7th December 2004, 06:36 AM
Guys lolz~ I guessed you guys have mistaken. This bluff is only to make my opponent waste his/her cyclone. This bluff is not trying to deter my opponent from attacking me! :yes:

The Muffin Man
7th December 2004, 11:22 AM
Guys lolz~ I guessed you guys have mistaken. This bluff is only to make my opponent waste his/her cyclone. This bluff is not trying to deter my opponent from attacking me! :yes:

But do you really wanna chance it? Unless Mirage is your only m/t set, you're taking a big risk that they won't go for it. And on top of that, you're also hoping they have it in their hands or set ready to destroy a m/t. They might not, and you might end up having 4 spots because you wanted your opponent to waste their mst on your Mirage.