PDA

View Full Version : I challenge DRWS. Referee: Impereon... please?

Charizard04621
28th February 2003, 03:36 PM
You seem to have managed to get yourself DQed from one of your battles, so I thought I'd throw out a challenge to you. We've never battled before, have we?

I know you really don't care, but this'll be a Medallion Battle. If you win, you get my Elite Medallion and TM.

-Number of combatants: Anywhere from a 3 on 3 to a 6 on 6. You choose.
-I'll send out the first pokémon.
-You post the first attacks.
-Arena: Celestial Palace Battlegrounds (Official Elite Gym)

A star platform of pure, rainbow-colored crystal levitates smoothly in the air. Shrouded by a blanket of silvery stars, this arena is one of eternal night. The golden moon hangs brightly above. In the middle of the star platform lies a magnificent, towering palace, eighty meters tall, surrounded by lush, fragrant gardens and a large moat filled with crystal-clear azure water. There is no bridge, but pokemon may cross over to the other side by other means.

Disruptive and destructive land-based attacks such as Earthquake are strictly forbidden here due to the damage that they would cause. If a pokemon uses such an attack, the palace guards (three Houndoom) will attack the culprit until it is close to fainting. The well-trained Houndoom never attack unless a pokémon uses such a move.

Since the arena is one of eternal night, any move that depends on the sun such as Solarbeam, Morning Sun, and Synthesis will always fail. In addition, Moonlight will be extremely effective. However, the use of Moonlight is strictly kept down to once per battle. If used any more than once, the guardian Mew will prevent the Moonlight's success and penalize the offender with a loss of health. The Mew serves as a protector; it will not allow the death of any pokémon, and will do all in its power to save any who undergo this threat.

Multi-colored meteor showers occur once every third round. If a pokemon is caught unprepared, the fist-sized meteorites might become a problem. However, at the beginning of the match, it will be decided whether or not the battlers want to deal with the extra meteor shower hazard. If they do not, a switch will be triggered to activate a barrier around the entire arena which shields pokemon from the meteorites. Weather changing moves such as Clear Skies, Rain Prayer, Sandstorm, and any other weather changing Signature Moves will serve no apparent use if the barrier is active. Tampering with the barrier's switch intentionally while the battle is going on will result in automatic disqualification.

I'll start the round with Legacy the Dragonair! He's a phenomenal pokémon who has never before failed to crush his opponent, and then some. I've given him plenty of rest, as he's requested, after the Gym Leader Tourney battles, but now he itches to battle once more. Forth, Legacy, and shine!

Little_Pikachu
1st March 2003, 01:17 AM
Battle duly acknowledged. I'll see what I can do, if DRWS wants a scrap, too.

Don't Run With Scizors
1st March 2003, 07:48 PM
No, I don't remember us battling before... well, there's a first time for everything.

We'll make this a 5-on-5 with a twist... the first two for each side will battle each other in the usual one-on-one battle style, but as soon as the second Pokémon on any side faints, it will revert to a tag team match, where any fallen battlers will be replaced by any remaining Pokémon. For example, if my second combatant manages to defeat Charizard04621's second first, she gets to send out two new ones while I get to send out someone to join my second on the field. The barrier, meanwhile, stays off.

I'll start off with Harmony to meet Legacy. Harmony has recently evolved into a Wigglytuff since her last battle, and she's eager to battle in her new form.

Harmony: Wiggwy!

Let's narrow down Legacy's options... Discharge a Thunder Wave at him, Harmony. I imagine he'll try to Safeguard in response, at which point you should Mimic it for immediate use. Shower his general area with Blizzards for whatever actions you have left to spare.

Thunder Wave, Blizzard x2

Substitutions: Legacy Safeguards -> Mimic and immediately use it

Charizard04621
2nd March 2003, 08:07 AM
This won't be easy....

Substitute, Legacy. A quick and light one, but make sure it does not break upon formation.

Then, get out of the way. Dash into the water and submerge yourself. Use Agility to do so if necessary. Stay safely underwater. Hopefully, the Blizzard blasts will be reduced in strength. Harmony cannot freeze the whole moat over very quickly, so you don't have to worry about getting trapped underneath.

Consider your next situation with some care. If Harmony finds you, and is in plain sight and range, don't pass up the opportunity to blast her with Thunder Wave immediately. If Harmony is puzzling over your location, and does not see you at all, Safeguard before it's too late.

~ Light Substitute ~ Dash into the water and submerge, using Agility to get there if necessary ~ Thunder Wave/Safeguard ~

Little_Pikachu
7th March 2003, 09:28 PM
High above, a gently glowing form eyes the battlefield below with mild apprehension from an alcove in the outside of the highest tower in the palace. More trainers have come to disturb the area... And it looks like they'll be settling in for a long while. Humans are always such nuisances.

Unaware of their observer, Don't Run With Scizors and Charizard04621 face each other in a titanic three-part battle, one that will decide whether Don't Run With Scizors can ascend to the position of Gym Leader... Or have to try again somewhere else instead. Charizard04621 releases her Dragonair, Legacy, onto the field... He will be a rough opponent, being possibly one of the more powerful Dragonairs in the league... One of them, anyway. In response, Don't Run With Scizors directs his Wigglytuff, Harmony, into battle, a noted competitor who has recently achieved her maximum evolution potential. Both combatants are highly versatile and highly trained... But who will win?

Don't Run With Scizors vs. Charizard04621, Round 1
Harmony the Wigglytuff vs. Legacy the Dragonair

Harmony hits the ground bouncing, and sparks fly in a radiant halo before nearly instantly streaking out and impacting on Legacy... Whatever he was trying to do, it clearly wasn't fast enough to stop Harmony's sudden assault. This could be a decisive blow... But Legacy still has quite a bit of fight. Even with a little discoordination in his muscles, he's still got the stamina to move fast when he needs to. And move fast he does... effortlessly dodging a sloppy blast of ice from Harmony. She'll have to slow down a bit to hit Legacy now... Aim more carefully.

Legacy has sought refuge in the water... Another frigid blast of crystalline fury washes over the surface of the water, chilling Legacy underneath the surface even as the top of the water begins to rime over. With a sigh, Legacy sinks painfully to the bottom and dissolved into water... The real Legacy, now that Harmony has picked the real him out in the crystal-clear waters, darts to the top of the water and sparks back... Harmony staggers, as blue electricity ripples across her rounded flanks. Now she's in the same situation that he is...

Status at End of Round 1:
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 100%, paralyzed, flushed
Legacy the Dragonair: 91%, paralyzed, flushed

Charizard04621
16th March 2003, 07:33 PM
Tit for tat, huh? Out of luck there, Legacy, but we can cope, I'd hope.

Hahaha. We wanted a challenge, Legacy, and we found it: the perfect more-than-worthy opponent. Finally, Legacy, finally we get to test your limits. Your previous opponents were crushed under your awesome power. Against this one, we will really have to fight. And hard. Will you come out on top, Legacy? This time, I really do not know. Let's give it our best shot.

Safeguard to begin with. Make sure you get it done.

Then, quickly drop to the bottom of the moat, or go down as far as you possibly can... Agility if it will help you; otherwise, avoid using so much energy.

Once you're down there, and only once you're down pretty far, set up a decent-sized Substitute in the depths.

If, at any time, Harmony decides to physically Disable you, utter a nasty Supersonic... More to be a dratted nuisance than anything else.

~ Safeguard(until success) ~ Dive(until success), using Agility if absolutely necessary ~ Substitute ~

Substitutions:

- If Harmony attempts to Disable Legacy, Supersonic.

Don't Run With Scizors
16th March 2003, 09:51 PM
Not too shabby, Harmony... you've successfully manage to cripple him slightly with paralysis. Even though you didn't manage to avoid getting tagged yourself, his mobility is more important to him than yours is to you.

But now it's time to put your charms to work snaring that Dragonair. Seduce! Tease! Abandon! Lysistratian Lovelock!

As Harmony lures Legacy into her throes with her seductively pink round body, away from the moat, she will proceed to drive him to the heights of sexual fury (and later the heights of annoyance) with the slow, rhythmic bouncing of Curse (as well as whatever dirty-talk turns a Dragonair on). But as he begs for more and more satisfaction, he will receive none... only a threat never to be given any should his battle aggressions continue. At this point, not following that urge for satisfaction becomes difficult to resist...

After you've left that ultimatum for him, Psychic yourself over the moat and under the safety of the palace walls. Hopefully, you'll be able to fend off most of the meteorite impacts from there.

combination attack Lysistratian Lovelock formula:
Attract + whatever turns the victim on (usually Curse), threat to stop if victim continues to be aggressive, battle-wise
Prerequisite: opponent male (for best results)

Lysistratian Lovelock, Psychic

Little_Pikachu
22nd March 2003, 06:33 PM
Sorry about the delay. I blame spring break.

Don't Run With Scizors vs. Charizard04621, Round 2

Status at End of Round 1:
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 100%, paralyzed, flushed
Legacy the Dragonair: 91%, paralyzed, flushed

Harmony saunters up to her serpentine opponent, wigglying and jiggling her rubbery mass as she softly sings a sultry song... It doesn't much help. Legacy produces a glowing green aura around himself, and then proceeds to flop helplessly on the ground as an electric seizure ripples through his body. Sorry, no mating frenzy today...

Disappointed with her failure, Harmony mumbles to herself as she pumps herself into a frenzied trance... She begins moving slowly, deliberately, menacingly... Then she floats up into the air and perches in an arrow slit in the palace wall. She spends a moment turning around, and then visually scans for Legacy... Looks like he finally floundered to the water.

A glowing shape from far above begins to grow bored... But hey, at least they haven't done any serious damage yet.

Status at End of Round 2:
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 100%, deliberative, paralyzed, flushed
Legacy the Dragonair: 91%, Safeguard up, paralyzed, flushed

Don't Run With Scizors
22nd March 2003, 07:20 PM
Curious. Somehow you and Legacy have managed to trade a few status conditions, Harmony.

An arrow slit... not exactly the best place to take refuge on, since it seems you're on the outside of it and are likely to lose your balance. Redirect whatever meteors come your way with Psychic, or should you lose your balance, Psychic yourself to a safer location under the palace walls.

Meteor likely to hit -> redirect with Psychic
Start to fall -> Psychic self to safer location

Charizard04621
24th March 2003, 03:55 PM
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 100%, paralyzed, Safeguard up, flushed
Legacy the Dragonair: 91%, deliberative, paralyzed, flushed

^_^;;;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Legacy, here goes!

Screw Harmony's brains into a mushy mass of oblivion. Supersonic! Make sure you use the move once, whether it be on your first, second, or third action.

Regardless of success after the first usage of Supersonic, take a deep breath and dive down as far underwater as you can, using Agility only if completely necessary.

~ Supersonic (until it is used once) ~ Take a deep breath and dive as far down as possible, using Agility if completely necessary ~

Little_Pikachu
25th March 2003, 10:39 PM
Okay... I believe it is established that I was a careless idiot when I wrote the last round's end-of-round stats.

Incidentally, DRWS, do you realize exactly how large arrow slits are? Both Harmony and Legacy can fit through easily, at least if Harmony hasn't inflated. Arrow slits are big enough so an archer inside can nail quite a bit of the outside battlefield, while being small enough so people can't easily crawl through (without being stabbed repeatedly, anyway). Sure, you can shoot arrows back in, but they're usually quite high up and the troops within are concealed in darkness. Only a crack shot even has a chance to do the job under those conditions.

I see we have another round of not doing anything useful. This 5v5 could take a while... Although sometimes, patience is the best strategy.

Don't Run With Scizors vs. Charizard04621, Round 3

Harmony the Wigglytuff: 100%, deliberative, paralyzed, flushed
Legacy the Dragonair: 91%, Safeguard up, paralyzed, flushed

Harmony scrunches into the arrow slit, intent on hunkering down to wait out the storm... Legacy might have other plans, but he's taken to twitching in the throes of an electric seizure. Eventually, he regains control... And spatters Harmony's general location with mind-numbing static. Then, a burning rain begins to fall.

Harmony isn't in too bad a position; most of the meteorites are warded off by the walls of the structure she's hidden in, and only a few angle in at the correct angle to sneak through the opening of her arrow slit. She might have warded even these off, but she's having more than a little trouble concentrating. Fairly trivial anyway, one would suppose.

Legacy is in a fix, however... He's not in the water that he'd hoped would keep him safe this time. Rocks bounce off his scaled back as he darts to the water, blurring as he moves. He plunges into the moat, heading as far down as he possibly can. The water does indeed sap most of the kinetic energy of the meteorites, not to mention cooling them to regular rocks. Now he's merely getting buried, rather than stoned. His personal aura gradually collapses as he forces his way back out of the gathering stones, and the meteor shower tapers off.

Status at End of Round 3:
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 98%, deliberative, paralyzed, flushed
Legacy the Dragonair: 86%, greatly enhanced speed, paralyzed, breathing hard (on those occasions he comes up, anyway)

Charizard04621
28th March 2003, 10:26 PM
Mmmh... Not time to attack yet.

Legacy, pay no attention to anything that's happening above; dive down deep, and set up a decent-sized Substitute once you get close enough to the bottom, or once you think it's about time you did.

~ Dive ~ Substitute ~

Don't Run With Scizors
29th March 2003, 01:16 AM
Impereon: The arrow slits I've seen are far narrower than what you've described, but hey, I'm not going to argue if it means downsizing Harmony's little shelter...

We can play Legacy's waiting game too, Harmony. Use Psychic flight to maneuver yourself out of the arrow slit, then leave a medium-sized Substitute in your former place. Gently lower yourself to the ground, within range of the moat but close enough to the palace to run there quickly if need be.

Psychic (flight), Substitute (medium, arrow slit), lower self to ground and discontinue Psychic flight

Little_Pikachu
2nd April 2003, 12:40 PM
DRWS: Have you checked the size of the Igglybuff series lately? They're itty-bitty. Wiggly may be the biggest, but she's still small enough to fit in as long as she doesn't fully inflate.

Don't Run With Scizors vs. Charizard04621, Round 4

Status at End of Round 3:
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 98%, deliberative, paralyzed, flushed
Legacy the Dragonair: 86%, greatly enhanced speed, paralyzed, breathing hard (on those occasions he comes up, anyway)

DRWS and Charizard continue their diabolical plan to bore the referee to death. Nothing happens the entire round.

Status at End of Round 4:
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 71%, body double (26%), deliberative, paralyzed, breathing hard
Legacy the Dragonair: 57%, body double (27%), greatly enhanced speed, paralyzed, sweating freely

Charizard04621
2nd April 2003, 04:50 PM
Nyahahahaha! Excellent, DRWS. Our plan is working. Only ten more rounds till he drops dead from boredom... ^_-

...Actually, I'm not that evil. (Or so I say, anyway.) Well, Legacy, let's see what DRWS and Harmony will be up to the next round.

Don't Run With Scizors
3rd April 2003, 12:52 AM
Hey, suit yourself - it's more likely to frustrate our referee into battle neglect than overwhelm him with sheer boredom...

Let's force Legacy out of his little hiding place, shall we Harmony? Bombard him with Present depth charges until he surfaces, at which point switch to Ice Beams as necessary.

Present (Legacy submerged), Ice Beam otherwise

Charizard04621
3rd April 2003, 04:37 PM
Those Presents will need to sink in order to get to your Substitute... The journey downwards will be long and slow.

Legacy, we've waited enough. Boost yourself out of the water, then drive yourself into her soft belly and gore a nasty hole inside...

~ Agility ~ Headbutt + Horn Drill ~

Little_Pikachu
7th April 2003, 02:34 AM
Don't Run With Scizors vs. Charizard04621, Round 5

Harmony the Wigglytuff: 71%, body double (26%), deliberative, paralyzed, breathing hard
Legacy the Dragonair: 57%, body double (27%), greatly enhanced speed, paralyzed, sweating freely

Both individuals charge their faux counterparts, attacking viciously.

Harmony tosses a series of pulsing balls of energy, which splash lightly down into the water. Slowly, they sink, and three explosions shatter the silence in slow thunderous succession, one lesser followed by two greater. The Dragonair beneath the water remains unperturbed.

Meanwhile, the real Legacy charges the Wigglytuff nestled into the palace wall... Blurring forward with terrifying speed, he rams into her with brutal fury. Pity he's then thrown to the ground convulsing in agony as electrical impulses tear through his muscles... The Wigglytuff recoils but remains active.

Harmony the Wigglytuff: 71%, body double (12%), deliberative, paralyzed, moderately fatigued
Legacy the Dragonair: 57%, body double (6%), greatly enhanced speed, paralyzed, moderately fatigued

Charizard04621
12th April 2003, 04:47 PM
Ack. It was my turn. I forgot. Sorry...

Legacy... Legacy, these past few rounds, I have been weak. Too weak. I've been holding you back. But not anymore... Enough with hiding. It's about time we've gone on the offensive. Sorry for the delay... It's only proven to harm rather than help.

Begin with Supersonic, but don't be disheartened if it doesn't seem to work. It'll be worth something; it won't be for naught.

Next, direct Thunderbolt at the Wigglytuff... Put your heart into it, Legacy; it's crucial that she suffers as much as possible.

End, Legacy, with Flamethrower... Or, should it seem more appropriate, Thunder.

~ Supersonic ~ Thunderbolt ~ Flamethrower or Thunder ~

Charizard04621
21st April 2003, 12:22 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/charizard04621/CryingEevee.txt

Aww, don't cry... I'm sure he'll be here soon.

Don't Run With Scizors
25th April 2003, 03:51 PM
Plug your ears and drop another set of Present depth charges, Harmony. You'll want to start running for the shelter of the palace walls as soon as the meteor shower hits, and if all goes well, Legacy will be within range of your Ice Beams as you run - you'll see.

Present, run to palace walls

Substitution: Multiple Ice Beam barrage on Legacy, even as Harmony runs, if he's visible

Little_Pikachu
15th May 2003, 01:41 AM
You're both attacking, but it doesn't look like it's doing a whole lot of good...

Don't Run With Scizors vs. Charizard04621, Round 6

Status at End of Round 5:
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 71%, body double (12%), deliberative, paralyzed, moderately fatigued
Legacy the Dragonair: 57%, body double (6%), greatly enhanced speed, paralyzed, moderately fatigued

The real Harmony strides up to toss a glowing sphere into the water... Down it sinks, until it finally detonates near the lurking Dragonair. The explosion seems a little less than concussive, however. More light than force...

Suddenly, waves of sonic distortion rip through the arena, and Harmony moans, trying to shake off the disorienting effects. She staggers toward the wall, and the sounds are cut short. Well, Harmony's body double seems to be undamaged, so she's in good shape.

Or perhaps we spoke a moment too soon? The body double is now wreathed in flames... The Dragonair must have set that up somehow... But how? Well, there will be time to think. Harmony made that thing well. Still, that doesn't help much against the gathering storm, with many rocks falling from the sky with increasing intensity. The double is safe, but Harmony herself manages to scrunch against the wall only enough to reduce her profile a bit.

Status at End of Round 6:
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 60%, body double (5%), deliberative, paralyzed, moderately fatigued
Legacy the Dragonair: 47%, body double (6%), greatly enhanced speed, paralyzed, fatigued

Round 6 already? Guess I'd better add in the meteorites. Neither pokémon made it to a particularly safe place.

Don't Run With Scizors
15th May 2003, 02:19 AM
That's funny... where'd the meteorites go to?

Charizard04621
15th May 2003, 04:06 PM
Hmm, looks like we both got hit.

Don't Run With Scizors
28th May 2003, 10:15 AM
Keep blasting the underwater Legacy with Presents until he makes an appearance above water, then strafe him with more Ice Beams, Harmony!

Charizard04621
28th May 2003, 12:39 PM
Legacy, blast Harmony with Flamethrowers. Fire melts ice.

Little_Pikachu
2nd June 2003, 11:02 PM
Ook... I think I'm at my reffing limit. Tonight has been brutal.

Don't Run With Scizors vs. Charizard04621, Round 7

Status at End of Round 6:
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 60%, body double (5%), deliberative, paralyzed, moderately fatigued
Legacy the Dragonair: 47%, body double (6%), greatly enhanced speed, paralyzed, fatigued

Almost in unison, the body doubles of the two combatants splinter into a thousand, thousand shards and dissolve, Harmony's falling to fire and Legacy's to an exploding sphere. Realizing that they had fallen for their own trick, Harmony and Legacy turn toward each other, Harmony raising her fangs into an attack stance, Legacy coiling into a serpentine strike!

Ice flashes toward Legacy, and fire streams back... The two streams of energy coil together and combine, and the Antipode explosion that lances forth in all directions sends both flopping back onto their back, where they cease to move.

Okay, not quite cease to move. They twitch a lot.

Status at End of Round 7:
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 53%, deliberative, paralyzed, moderately fatigued
Legacy the Dragonair: 38%, enhanced speed, paralyzed, badly fatigued

Charizard04621
5th June 2003, 10:30 PM
I managed to get on? Huh. Well, the Internet connection is slow, and I don't have much time, so let's make this quick.

Legacy, here we go. Try your best to splatter Harmony with Toxic. Otherwise, Icy Wind.

~ Toxic or Icy Wind ~

Don't Run With Scizors
5th June 2003, 11:03 PM
Call up a few phantom Double Team images, Harmony. They'll surely be destroyed when Legacy blasts them away with Icy Wind, but you'll at least stand a chance at avoiding the Toxic for the time being.

Once you've got them set up, Sing to your heart's content! Once Legacy falls asleep, his dreams are yours for the taking.

Double Team, Sing until success, Dream Eater if Harmony has any time left

Little_Pikachu
7th June 2003, 08:00 PM
[u]Don't Run With Scizors vs. Charizard04621, Round 8[u]

Status at End of Round 7:
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 53%, deliberative, paralyzed, moderately fatigued
Legacy the Dragonair: 38%, enhanced speed, paralyzed, badly fatigued

Not a fun round, it looks like... Legacy is continually wracked with electrical seizures, while Harmony manages to concentrate enough to split off five false images before pitching over again. They both seem to be in extreme discomfort. Legacy finally manages to spew a stream of crystalline chill at the greatest concentration of Harmonies, rupturing four of them... And Harmony cracks out a few snatches of melody, sending Legacy into a light, painful sleep. Chances are it won't last long, but will Harmony give Legacy a chance to recover?

Status at End of Round 8:
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 53%, deliberative, one extra image, paralyzed, fatigued
Legacy the Dragonair: 38%, sleeping, paralyzed, badly fatigued

Don't Run With Scizors
12th June 2003, 12:16 AM
Nyahahahaha... score, Harmony!

Suck the life out of him, then grab him. In your deliberate state, he won't escape too easily. Knock him senseless with a Dynamicpunch, but try to maintain your hold on him.

Dream Eater, grab, Dynamicpunch

Charizard04621
17th June 2003, 11:21 PM
Not good, Legacy... Not good. Meteorites fall this round, too...

Just do your best. Awaken and go out in a fit of blazing fury! Thrash and do not allow yourself to be held captive. Hear me, Legacy! Unleash Outrage!

Little_Pikachu
20th June 2003, 04:52 PM
Don't Run With Scizors vs. Charizard04621, Round 9

Harmony the Wigglytuff: 53%, deliberative, one extra image, paralyzed, fatigued
Legacy the Dragonair: 38%, sleeping, paralyzed, badly fatigued

Legacy is drained as Harmony rips his dreams from their thought-womb, but there's no way sleep is going to last long when you're being pelted with heavy rocks from above. Harmony may have the stamina to outlast the storm, but the regenerative powers provided by Legacy's cannibalized thoughts are nothing in the face of the brutal fury of the heavens. Legacy is looking rather poorly, but he slowly blinks back awake, cutting off the end of Harmony's feeding frenzy.

Harmony rushes forward, intent on finishing off Legacy for good, but pitches forward on her face just short of her goal. Legacy glows brightly, and a tail whips around Harmony's neck to whip her far over Legacy's head, slamming her forcefully down with such force that she can't even bounce. Grunting in agony, Legacy follows up with the attack, but Harmony's shining fist sends him spiraling into unconsciousness, letting Harmony skid to an ungainly stop through the ruined grass and scuffed dirt.

Harmony the Wigglytuff: 19%, deliberative, paralyzed, worn down
Legacy the Dragonair: 0%, fainted

Legacy is unable to battle! Charizard04621 must carefully select her next combatant!

Charizard04621
22nd June 2003, 11:33 PM
Legacy, bravo. And Harmony, congratulations. This is the first time Legacy has not managed to down his opponent, and then some.

If I make a fatal error, just forget about it... My heart is shattered to a million pieces. (Yeah, I have one, though some of you may think otherwise.) Regardless... I might not be myself.

Sorry if this is half-hearted, but I require a longer recovery time than most.

Mithrandir, go. Set up a Substitute, then finish off Harmony with Psychics or widespread Psywaves, whichever pleases you most. Particularly Psywave if Harmony decides to try singing despite the horrible condition she is in.

Seeing how worn down Harmony is, Moonlight is really not a problem...

To those who do not know him, Mithrandir is my male Alakazam who takes pleasure beating down the Houndooms that foolish trainers throw at him in one on ones. He has no intention of messing with the palace guards, of course.

~ Substitute ~ Psychic/Psywave ~

Don't Run With Scizors
22nd June 2003, 11:49 PM
As much sympathy as I have for Karin and her situation, we must push on.

Harmony, try not to twitch when you sing your Perish Song. Cripple him with a Thunder Wave, then Endure the mental energy as best as you can

Perish Song (until success), Thunder Wave (until success), Endure as necessary

Little_Pikachu
29th June 2003, 03:16 PM
Yay! I lucked out! I don't have to ref Perish Song!

Unfortunately, the two consecutive 1's DRWS rolled for the paralysis check are particularly nasty for him. Worst possible time.

Don't Run With Scizors vs. Charizard04621, Round 10
Harmony the Wigglytuff vs. Mithrandir the Alakazam

Status at End of Round 9:
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 19%, deliberative, paralyzed, worn down
Mithrandir the Alakazam: 100%, fresh

Harmony gags in agony, unable to force any magical music through her spasming windpipe. Though Mithrandir pauses to wait before attacking, Harmony's spasms do not relent. Harmony sags down, unable to continue.

Status at End of Round 10:
Harmony the Wigglytuff: 0%, fainted
Mithrandir the Alakazam: 79%, 26% body double, breathing hard

Harmony is unable to battle! DRWS must send out his second combatant!

Don't Run With Scizors
29th June 2003, 07:21 PM
Meh... too bad you didn't get to show off your talent as a starter, Harmony. Better luck next time, I guess. Excellent work breaking Legacy's streak, though.

Let's go, Mercury! Safeguard yourself from any early status afflictions, then smash Mithrandir into the ground with an Agility-powered Gravijaa Slam.

Charizard04621
30th June 2003, 08:49 AM
Mithrandir, while Mercury is Safeguarding, Teleport your Substitute near to the Houndooms, but not too close as to startle them and cause them to... erm... kill it. Put a Barrier between Mercury and the Substitute when he tries to zip in fast and grab it, then peg him with Psybeam. If you yourself somehow get caught, though, Teleport to safety.

~ Teleport ~ Barrier ~ Psybeam/Teleport ~

Little_Pikachu
25th July 2003, 07:08 PM
I missed the attacks going up...

A couple things for the future, though.

Mercury's species and gender should really be identified, even though I suppose I do know it.

Safeguard, Agility, and Gravijaa Slam is four actions... And if you're going to use a combo, you have to tell the ref what moves you're using to fulfill the recipe. It's kind of moot because of Char's counter, though.

Don't Run With Scizors vs. Charizard04621, Round 11
Mercury the Scyther vs. Mithrandir the Alakazam

Status at End of Round 10:
Mercury the Scyther: 100%, fresh
Mithrandir the Alakazam: 79%, 26% body double, breathing hard

Mercury glows with a green aura, watching Mithrandir wink out. Where to? Ah, over there... Mercury darts forward, charging with blinding speed, only to crash face-first into a transparent barrier of force that popped up between him and his target without warning. That didn't feel good... The blast of psychic energy afterward seems almost like an afterthought.

He will pay back that insult now.

Status at End of Round 11:
Mercury the Scyther: 79%, glowing green, annoyed, flushed
Mithrandir the Alakazam: 79%, 26% body double, somewhat fatigued

Charizard04621
26th July 2003, 10:00 AM
Excellent, Mithrandir! Begin with a Future Sight, then throw Tri Attacks at the Scyther as long as you can get him, while Psywave will work if he decides to clone himself.

Remember, you're not the one who crashed into a Barrier like a clumsy idiot. Insults coming from Mercury should mean nothing.

Oh, yeah, if your Substitute breaks up, Safeguard, then proceed as normal. We're not going to be poisoned if he refuses to be.

~ Future Sight ~ Tri Attack/Psywave as necessary ~

Substitutions: Safeguard if Substitute falls apart.

Don't Run With Scizors
27th July 2003, 02:09 AM
Clever girl. Too bad it doesn't look like you remembered that the meteorites are raining down this round, since you didn't order anything like "find shelter from the meteorites"... Mithrandir's Substitute is going to be wasted as he and it get pummeled.

Mercury, find a nice, safe corner of the castle where you can avoid the bulk (or all of them, preferably) of the meteorites, and use your Light Screen to cut off those nastly elemental Tri Attacks... Though if the meteorites prove to be a bit much for Mithrandir to deal with them and you at the same time, a Razor Wind might be in order.

duck and cover, Light Screen\Razor Wind x2

Little_Pikachu
6th August 2003, 12:45 PM
Don't Run With Scizors vs. Charizard04621, Round 12
Mercury the Scyther vs. Mithrandir the Alakazam

Status at End of Round 11:
Mercury the Scyther: 79%, glowing green, annoyed, flushed
Mithrandir the Alakazam: 79%, 26% body double, somewhat fatigued

Angry or not, Mercury knows better than to stay out in the rain, especially when specifically told to find shelter. Mithrandir watches idly as Mercury crowds under a small overhang, and rocks begin to beat down from on high. Yet this overhang is approximately zero protection from the furious triple blast Mithrandir begins. The combination of beams grows in intensity, ravaging the ground in front of Mercury. Fortunately for Mercury, however, his force screen blocks the bulk of the radiant energy, absorbing most harmlessly and allowing only a little to splash at him around the edges.

Mithrandir has weathered the storm of rocks, but he looks significantly worse for having done so.

Status at End of Round 12:
Mercury the Scyther: 68%, glowing green, annoyed, flushed
Mithrandir the Alakazam: 57%, 6% body double, moderately fatigued

Charizard04621
27th August 2003, 05:42 PM
Attack, Mike. You know you want to...

Don't Run With Scizors
28th August 2003, 05:37 PM
Zip around the side of the castle so as to leave Mithrandir guessing as to where you are, Mercury - make sure he's out of earshot. Once you're there, settle down on some nearby ledge and channel your chi energies for an upcoming confrontation.

Stealthily creep around the corner you just rounded, then make use of your focused energies and carefully aim a Razor Wind at Mithrandir. He'll find it difficult to block that off if he doesn't actually see the attack heading for him.

sneak around corner, Focus Energy, Razor Wind

Charizard04621
28th August 2003, 05:49 PM
You still have a body double, Mithrandir... Directed wind attacks shouldn't bother you. Anyway, before Mercury can do anything, Disable him. You can release your grip soon after; you only need to hold him initially to prevent his escape. If he goes into a meditative trance, Encore. Either way, devote the rest of the round to Tri Attack.

~ Disable ~ Encore/Tri Attack ~ Tri Attack