PDA

View Full Version : AG Opening #03: "Pokémon Symphonic Medley"

Dogasu
2nd December 2004, 09:46 AM
With today's episode (the Kucheat one), there was a new opening theme. The song was pretty much entirely instrumental and seemed to borrow the melodies of both "Mezase Pokemon Master" (the very first Pocket Monsters opening) and "Advance Adventure" (the very first Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation opening). What little singing there was seemed to be sung by a choir, similar to the Pokemon battle themes in the Super Smash Brothers Melee game for the GameCube.

As for the animation, it starts off with Satoshi in a stadium, facing the three Regis (no, they haven't been forgotten!).

We then see Haruka call out her various pokemon.

Then, for a while, we see a lot of shots of different pokemon, which reminded me a lot of the scenes aired before the Deoxys movie.

Afterward, we see a side-view of Team Rocket digging a hole underground, going from the right side of the screen to the left. Then, a second later, we see them running from the left side of the screen to the right, followed by a stampede of Kokodora, Kodora, and, if I recall correctly, some Bossgodora. Tough break, guys!

In a dark alleyway, we see a shadowy figure look around before jumping out of sight.

We also see Takeshi jumping around a bunch of silouhettes of beautiful women while holding onto a bouqet of flowers. He stops at one, only to see the silouhette turn into a Gonbe and eat his bouquet!

We also see the standard "Satoshi looking over a fallen Pikachu" scene--this time, the group's at a playground during a rainstorm, and Takeshi and Haruka and the others look happy to see that Pikachu's alright.

The video ends with Satoshi running as all the regions' various legendaries (the three legendary birds of Kanto, the three legendary beasts of Jouto, the three Regis of Houen, and Speed-Form Deoxys) running/flying across the screen.

No spoilers were given in the opening. Everyone had the same pokemon groups that we know about, so no surprises were given. In fact, we didn't even see Ash's Snorunt in the opening. Weird.

I'm sure I've forgotten plenty, but that's pretty much the gist of the animation.

Animelee
2nd December 2004, 12:33 PM
Our friend Filb, has uploaded it to his site: www.filb.de

He'd put it up in higher quality, but it'd be about 30 MB, and that would totally suck for dial-up users, and his bandwidth. ^^

Water Pokemon Master
2nd December 2004, 11:37 PM
THIS COULD TIE INTO THE MOVIE:

Look at the mysterious figure. It's Mewtwo! I freeze framed it and I am almost positive.

Also, look at the part with the birds and Deoxys. What do you see in the background? Does it remind you of something?

P0RYG0N
3rd December 2004, 12:33 AM
THIS COULD TIE INTO THE MOVIE:

Look at the mysterious figure. It's Mewtwo! I freeze framed it and I am almost positive.

Also, look at the part with the birds and Deoxys. What do you see in the background? Does it remind you of something?
:rolleyes:
1. Of course it's Mewtwo, everyone and their cat could figure that one out.

2.Seeing as you've already told me that its supposed to make me think of a castle, then link that to the 8th movie, I just have to say this: No. :)

Animelee
3rd December 2004, 01:26 AM
Well, he could have a point, as the teaser for the eighth movie does show Mew floating around in front of a castle.

Adamant
3rd December 2004, 09:20 AM
It's "medley", not "melody", people.

Hm, looks like Mewtwo took lessons in badassness from Forte. Or was he wearing a cape in one of the earlier OPs as well.

Hanada Tattsu
4th December 2004, 12:09 PM
Wow.. I guess they might do what they did with the eyecatch in early Houen.. when they animated Masato and Takeshi into it when theyr eturned to the show.. does anyone remember that?

Dogasu
5th December 2004, 02:08 AM
It's "medley", not "melody", people.

That's my fault. Everything I know from these episodes is from a first-time airing only (I can't download the episodes here in Japan), so I must have been in a rush and written "Melody" instead of "Medley." Can any of the mods here correct the title of this thread?

Or was he wearing a cape in one of the earlier OPs as well.

No, but he did wear one in the opening segment to the first AG movie, if I recall correctly.

Hanada Tattsu
5th December 2004, 09:57 AM
This is actually fun.. I wonder if they're going to "sew" Ludicolo into the opening now that Lombre evolved..

homeofmew
7th December 2004, 08:19 PM
all i see is stars wpm, kina like the end to mewtwo returns thats all.

Hanada Tattsu
7th December 2004, 10:30 PM
You guys - did they animate Ludicolo into the opening yet? What about Ash's impending Snorunt?

have a stammer
7th December 2004, 11:53 PM
You guys - did they animate Ludicolo into the opening yet? What about Ash's impending Snorunt?

There is a Ludicolo and Snorunt in a passing scene but they are mixed with NUMEROUS different pokemon from Xatu-Nosepass. So it is safe to say these probably where not Brock's or Ash's. Ash's current entire team was shown as was May's, Brock's pokemon where not. And I must say the introduction of May's pokemon and Ash's was real awesome particularly combusken it looked real good.

Water Pokemon Master
8th December 2004, 12:17 AM
On the Pokemon 2005 site, there is a pic in the postcard section with Ash having Snorunt and Brock having Ludicolo. I'm sure it's official now.

Hanada Tattsu
8th December 2004, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the info, guys. Was Masato in this?

And I wonder why they didn't show Brock's Pokes... wierd..

P0RYG0N
9th December 2004, 12:08 AM
Max was in it, not that he did anything... not that he ever does. :D

I'd much rather not see Mewtwo back, and keep his mysterious city roaming... mysterious, but that's probably not going to happen. :rolleyes:

Hanada Tattsu
11th December 2004, 12:05 PM
Max was in it, not that he did anything... not that he ever does. :D

I'd much rather not see Mewtwo back, and keep his mysterious city roaming... mysterious, but that's probably not going to happen. :rolleyes:

LOL.. so no Pokemon for him.. why do I keep hoping! LOL.

True. But do we have to have legendaries? Though I guess it would be acceptable for Mew to be in it due to his role in the upcoming movie..

Water Pokemon Master
11th December 2004, 12:09 PM
The trailer for the movie says all legends began with Mew, so that is most likely why the whole intro has every single legendary Pokemon in it.

Hanada Tattsu
11th December 2004, 12:11 PM
I see - thanks WPM..Oh well, as long as its catchy..