PDA

View Full Version : Attention![darktyranitar Pokemon TCG report #21]

darktyranitar
2nd December 2004, 07:33 PM
ALright, it's been a long time since I make this topic.

This time, I'm planning on something diffrent. Instead of the usual card report, I would also make a request card report.

To make a request, simply state the card that you want to below. Or you could simply PM me. Request away!

Here's a report on Dark Magneton:

Dark Magneton (http://www.pokebeach.com/scans/exteamrocket/039.jpg)

Card’s face:
Artist: Emi Miwa
What contain in the card’s art: Magneton shooting electric pulse in front a demolished building at the night sky.
Rarity: U
Number: 39/109
Set: Ex Return of Team Rocket

Stats:
70 HP
[L & D]
Stage 1
Weakness: [F]
Resistance: [N/A]
Retreat Cost: [C]

Pre-Evolution Choice:
1. Magnemite
Of all 5 Magnemite: 3 from Ex DR, 1 from Ex FRLG and 1 from Ex Return of TR; I prefer the one that has Thundershock attack from Ex DR. For a lightning energy and a head on a coin flip, you could get a chance to paralyse your opponent’s active Pokemon.

Attack:
[LC] Magnetic Lines 20
If your opponent has at least 2 Pokemon in play, move a basic Energy card from the Defending Pokemon to another of your opponent’s Pokemon.
It’s the same attack as the original Dark Magneton, but it is a bit weaker as the original attack deals 30 instead of 20 damage.
[LCC] Poison Pulse 40
The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned
Hmm? I never saw a Magneton that could poison before.

Combo:
1. Low Pressure System
Simply use to raise Dark Magneton’s HP to 90.
2. Ex FRLG Magneton/ Ex DR Swellow and Ampharos ex
Move basic energies to those weak basic on bench, and use Speed Shot/ Quick Dive to KO it, although I would prefer Speed Shot to Quick Dive. Ampharos ex is there to make it harder for your opponent to attach those lost energies.
3. Dark Muk
Poison the Pokemon, and switch to Dark Muk to trap your opponent’s Pokemon? I’m out of idea…

Card Art Rating in 1-10: 6
Overall Rating: Dark Magneton is not a really strong Pokemon. Its attacks are mainly for disrupting your opponent’s Pokemon. Not too awesome.
Overall Rating in number 1-10: 5

Roarkiller
3rd December 2004, 10:57 PM
Energy switching is best used against an almost dead pkmn, especially an EX pkmn. You could hope they would send it out to make one last kill before you take it down.

Btw, switching energies to a basic is a good idea, but only if you're sure you can kill it ASAP or know its not gonna evolve anytime soon. Otherwise, you're as good as serving the game on a silver platter to your opp.

homeofmew
5th December 2004, 02:15 PM
it isn't that bad
Magnetic lines with a dark energy is ouchy.
ie 60 damage :O! (with Poison)
Use it with Electrode Kaboom and get those darks out
and Tyranitar to switch if you can have many pokes in
your deck you prolly can fit it in.