PDA

View Full Version : badass old school mtg deck

ryandude713
3rd December 2004, 03:18 AM
well, i think that after 3 years of retirement i should share with you all the greatest deck ever made. none can dispute it's awesome power, and all who come against it die horribly. with that said lets get to it.

creatures:
4 quirion dryad
3 mystic enforcer
3 spellbane centaur
2 forgotten ancient

instants:
4 cunning wish
4 peek
4 opt
3 fire/ice
3 shelter
4 counterspell
4 memory lapse

lands:
4 shivan reef
4 yavmaya coast
4 coastal tower
3 forest
2 plains
5 island

the whole point is to play the dray, then feed it tons of cheap cantrip cards. if done correctly, the dryad can grow to a 10/10 in about 6 turns. once the dryad is buff start playing other mobs for added beatdown. counter at will, and use cunning wish to get whatever cards you need from the sideboard. mystic enforcer is cake, because threshold can be achieved by turn 5 without a problem. sideboard is just whatver cards you want to play but not put in the deck... and the forgotten ancient can grow to be a sexy beast, and him and the dryad can have a nice loe affair while slaughtering everything. i know that most of the lands deal ping damage, but that isnt a problem, because you win before your life goes below 10.
in the words of mike meyers - talk amongst yourselves.

Musourenka
3rd December 2004, 12:06 PM
Is there a reason you have Coastal Tower instead of Adarkar Wastes?

Have you ever though about running Dismiss over a counterspell or memory lapse? Granted, it costs two more mana and fast decks (i.e. burn) seem to be this deck's weakness.

Innocent Blood, Wing Shards, and Barter in Blood may prove a problem. Heck, any mass creature removal will be a problem. There's always Boseiju lurking about, so be weary.

EDIT: While it's not practical, I'm amused by the Humility + Night of Souls' Betrayal combo. Yeah, you'll never face it, but I just felt like mentioning it.

Pretty nifty deck, though.

ryandude713
4th December 2004, 08:25 PM
what are some of thew current extended standards?
and how would this do against most of them?