PDA

View Full Version : Fanfic suggestion/approval/postcount++ topic

PancaKe
3rd December 2004, 07:54 AM
Ignore the postcount ++ in the topic title, I was just being stupid.

Basically, if anybody has any suggestions for the board, or anything they want to ask/or need approved, or just want to comment on things that have been suggested, or add input on to whether they think that topic X should be checked for approval or something - come and do it here.

I was thinking along the lines of if anybody has any ideas for fanfic contests, games, or other things that they're not sure of, or if they have any things that they want to know will be approved or not (perhaps something along the lines of violence n a fic) then come and ask here.

By the way, its not just the mods that decide, members of the board, feel free to come and post your opinions. Obviously mods will have the ruling final decision, but input is always welcome.

And for the first suggestion : What do you guys think about more games to do with fanfics? We've got teh trivia, what about hangman or something else? Would it be overdoing it?

Leon-IH
3rd December 2004, 08:01 AM
Hangman is something that we tend to use as a timekiller :D

Maybe we need another chain fic :D that was mega funny, Rupert drinking his half a light beer and kicking incomprehensible ammounts of arse.

mr_pikachu
3rd December 2004, 08:29 AM
I think Hangman would be rather cool, though it'd be difficult to do, especially with the Cap'n giving us all kinds of obscure puzzles... ;) But really, it could potentially be done. You're thinking of using the titles of fanfics as the puzzles, right?

Hmm... I would suggest a riddle game as well, but that's too similar to the trivia game... Maybe more writing contests, I guess? (Speaking of which, I need to get a hold of Darien... he's late on setting up the E-zine one!)

P.S. I was going to tell the starter of the thread that the "postcount++" comment could get the thread closed. Then I noticed who started the thread. Heh. :heh:

Chris 2.1
3rd December 2004, 12:39 PM
I was gonna do the December FFWC but I'm way to busy with exams. Sorry guys.

The Decapitated Mole
3rd December 2004, 04:52 PM
I think those member-run awards that are more frequent and the like, those were a good idea [I think Brian came up with 'em]. I'd certainly be willing to do anything to get 'em going. Also, another chain story might be fun.

o_0
jimm

Damian Silverblade
3rd December 2004, 05:38 PM
You are not wanted here, leave.

dratinihaunter13
3rd December 2004, 06:01 PM
I was gonna tell Chris and give it as a Christmas present to the whole fanfic community ;_;_;_;_;

Damian Silverblade
3rd December 2004, 11:01 PM

mistysakura
4th December 2004, 12:48 AM
It's really stupid that people can't edit their own thread titles, yeah we really should get it changed. A riddle game sounds alright, but how would you make up riddles about fanfics? Unless, I don't know, you make up poetry about a fic or something.

Gavin Luper
4th December 2004, 01:48 AM
I agree completely, the old system was SO much better than what we have now. Being able to show updates in the title helps attract readers a lot more, and it's a lot easier. i'm all for it.

So yeah ... good topic idea Tara :yes:

postcount++

PancaKe
7th December 2004, 05:45 AM
^.^ tee hee hee postcount ++

Anyway, yeah I really miss the updates in titles. I thought that rocked and was dissapointed when it dissapeared. Getting back would be an elite idea - and I wish I thought of it myself. :P

dratinihaunter13
7th December 2004, 11:20 AM
Chris said it's impossible to get the topic-title rights for members without altering the actual code of the site, and that they've wanted to change this for a while now, but simply haven't been able to. :( sorry guys

edit: oh, and i was just jokin' b ^^ not quite that considerate, plus it was your idea ;)

Damian Silverblade
7th December 2004, 01:10 PM

dratinihaunter13
7th December 2004, 08:19 PM
hooray! nice work. now to close the update and title change request topics