PDA

View Full Version : Need help for a Moveset for a Delcatty

WaterTrainer
5th December 2004, 05:44 AM
It's not for an actual team, but so far I've bred my Pokemon tons of times to get one with Substitute and Wish. I need help with 2 other moves, and forget about the other things, I only need the moveset

Andrew
5th December 2004, 05:47 AM
What with its Cute Charm, and not being particularly sturdy, I reckon your best bet for the awful moggy is this.

Holding Leftovers

Toxic
Wish
Sub
Protect.

Sub to protect, Wish for HP, Protect to save yourself whilst Wish kicks in and toxic while this is all happening.

I doubt Catty can last long enough to make sub/wish work personally.

WaterTrainer
6th December 2004, 02:54 AM
Okay thanks. Anyway, I've just tried Shadow Ball with it, and it's just so-so with Shadow Ball. Would Baton Pass be good with it?

rinku
6th December 2004, 03:53 PM
My advice is to save yourself a Moonstone and train it for contests. Skitty has a great pool for Cuteness - Evolving to Delcatty is actually a bad move from this point of view. Likewise from the viewpoint of using it as breeding stock - once you evolve it to Delcatty it locks in the moveset as it only learns Growl, Attract, Sing and Doubleslap by level up after evolution. You lose the ability to swap between Assist, Charm, Faint Attack, Covet, Heal Bell and Double Edge.

If you *have* to battle it, don't bother with the Toxic set - it just doesn't last. You'd be better off with Sing, IMHO, since if it does work you have a few turns to set up another Sub, Wish and maybe even do some damage. Double Team is an option too. Double Edge will take down non-resistant targets quicker than Toxic (neither will work vs Steel or Ghost/Poison anyway), and with Wish you can at least recover your recoil damage.

Sub
Sing/Double Team/Breeding filler
Double Edge
Wish

DE is also a good breed move for some.

phaedrus
6th December 2004, 04:00 PM
delcatty sucks for all but annoyer:

delcatty@leftovers
faketears
charm
healbell
return
(impish-cutecharm)

delcatty is an avoid-at-all-costs pokemon.