PDA

View Full Version : Ace wo Nerae

Roarkiller
8th December 2004, 08:38 AM
It's some movie i downloaded while getting another movie in a batch file (which is a pretty good movie btw). Basically, if ur a fan of tennis anime and 70's style anime (think Speed Racer), this could be the anime for u.

Basic storyline: Oka Hiromi is a freshman and member of the tennis club. One day, a new (ruthless) coach arrives and decides to test each and every one of them. HIromi caught his eyes especially, and so he targets her to undergo "special" training.

For a 70's anime, the animation is above average, to say the least. Typical style of storytelling and flow of 70's anime, which means is doesn't really flow that well, and can leave u slightly frustated if you're not used to it. Still, the plot is pretty solid, and while it comes off with very few surprises i.e. very predictable, there r a few gems within a couple of scenes worth watching.

Overall, its your usual dish of cheesy songs and sketchy animation. Watch it if you feel like having a little nostalgia (if you're old enough) or just up for a different fare of anime.

Btw, there's also a series by the same title. Apparently, the movie is a basic summary of the series, or so i heard.