PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] cloning

jirachi9000
3rd January 2005, 06:16 AM
how do you clone on gold and silver?

Chris Watarimono
3rd January 2005, 09:14 PM
I'm not too sure on this, as I lost my copy of Pokémon Gold some time ago, and I doubt Crystal can do the same thing, but...

1. Make sure that the Pocket Monster(s) you want to clone (as well as any item you want to clone such as rare medicines/TMs are attached to it) are in party.
2. Head to a PC where you can deposit the Pokémon via Bill's Storage System, such as a Pokémon Center.
3. Boot up the said PC and head to Bill's PC.
4. Select Deposit Pokémon and make sure you have enough room to store the Pokémon.
5. Deposit the Pokémon in the PC.
6. Switch to another Box.
7. It will then confirm whether or not you want to save your game. Say yes.
8. When it says 'SAVING. DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER.' do turn off the Gameboy ASAP.
9. Turn the Gameboy back on, and select your file. Now, if done properly, you not only get the cloned Pokémon on the list, but also the same Pocket Monster(s), as well as any items held to them, in the PC.

That's that. ^^

-Chris R.

phaedrus
3rd January 2005, 09:41 PM
make sure you turn it off right after "POWER." too early or too late deletes your pokemon, or extremely early/late does nothing.

jirachi9000
4th January 2005, 05:37 AM
thanks everyone it works. now im am going to get 3 ho-oh's and 3 lugias.thanks

andyizcool
4th January 2005, 01:00 PM
I'm not too sure on this, as I lost my copy of Pokémon Gold some time ago, and I doubt Crystal can do the same thing, but...
Pokemon Crystal can do it the same way but it's more risky because you have to do it at exactly the right time. I tried it long ago on my Pokemon Crystal and it worked but the next time I tried it I totally messed up my game.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
4th January 2005, 01:08 PM
It is only possible on the first catridges that were released. It doesn't work anymore on the later ones.

Believe me, I tested it with 4 Crystal games and turned the GB off at the excact same time. 1 made it. The one that was realesed early. Other people have confirmed this.

Avalon
4th January 2005, 07:29 PM
How can you tell when your cartridge was made? Any sort of ID on the cartridge itself?

opaltiger
7th January 2005, 02:09 PM
All teh Pokemon on my Silver except for my party dissapeared once. I highly suggest not doing it.

shinyhunter2
16th July 2005, 09:17 PM
cool it worked :biggrin:

SupremeChampion
18th July 2005, 10:54 PM
[i]my crystal cartriage doesn't allow me to clone pokés, and i remember ppl saying that they could while others can't... anyway i would assume that the only way to find out if you can clone is to try, unless there really is a way to tell if it's new or not.

~The Italian Stallion

SoulflameNinetales
21st July 2005, 01:32 AM
Personally, cloning is just wrong, and i don't like risking my pokemon disappearing forever just to gain a clone of them. I alway have enough problems with other things (like the internal battery in the cartiridges dying. i've lost 3 of my pokemon games in 3 mths because of it.), thought I have managed to pull it off without screwing anything up unlike most other people i know who tried. (My brother ended up with a Lv 10 Eevee with transform that sometimes caused his game to crash...and a very weird nickname)

SupremeChampion
24th July 2005, 09:02 AM
[i]well, i know i can't speak for everyone, but when i cloned my pokémon it was really only to trade with other people, that's all. i didn't do it to make any all powerful team or anything, just did it to help people out. and it's not like i traded them lvl 100's, it was usually all lower lvl stuff. i know the risk of losing the game is high, but once you get it right there's no need to worry.

~The Italian Stallion

GoldMaster
6th November 2005, 06:48 AM
It Worked

WICKED!!!!!

Arnen
6th November 2005, 12:25 PM
I've done this before. I haven't tried it with Crystal, but with Gold I copied my Eevee enough times to get all the evolutions, my Lugia and Ho-Oh, and the Marowak I got through the Missingno. glitch on Yellow. I've never had any problems related to cloning, but that doesn't mean you should try it if you think you could.