PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to bother, but what's a Hazer/Pseudohazer exactly?

Waru_no_Yami
28th February 2003, 06:20 PM
Now, I understand that this has something to do with the move Haze, and I've heard it involves moves like Roar/Whirlwind... how does hazing/pseudohazing work? Sorry if this is really n00bish; I'm relatively new to the whole use of lingo when describing certain strategies in forming teams. Thanks in advance

Red Angel
28th February 2003, 06:30 PM
It's ok if you're a n00b(not that I'm saying you are)... as long as you're willing to learn...

As for Hazers and Pseudo-hazers, they both are used to counter stat raising moves (stuff like Swords Dance and Agility)...

Hazers just go in and use Haze to revert all stats back to normal... negating any stat changes...

Pseudo-hazers, on the other hand, can't use Haze, but use moves that force switching (such as roar and Whirlwind), since a Pokemon loses any stat boosts it gained if it is switched out...

Azura Stardust
28th February 2003, 07:32 PM
You _could_ ask this in GSC (so that they get more posts :P) next time (you can argue that it could be in R/S, but meh, give R/S some post flak, we get too much XD), but yes, thank you for asking, its good to be in the know for these things. :)