PDA

View Full Version : No Comment

Razola
5th January 2005, 01:20 AM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/003/reviews/922032_20050104_screen004.jpg

Andrew
5th January 2005, 01:48 AM
Jesus Christ...

Remember the Super Mario Cartoon, how they went into the real world to save the president... well what would have happened if Mario and co. got into Basketball and whatnot..

Although, with his jumping skills, its an interesting career avenue.

Princess Peach Toadstool Float++

The Muffin Man
5th January 2005, 02:02 AM
My current theory to ease the pain is that the poor, overworked bastards at EA are using this as trying to nudge Nintendo into saying "**** you" to EA.

Lezta
5th January 2005, 03:33 AM
On the bright side; Mario can jump higher than any of those bitches :)

Razola
5th January 2005, 10:40 AM
Princess Peach Toadstool Float++
There actually is a picture with Peach, but Shaq made it NSFW.

I wish I was joking.

fat man with a monkey
5th January 2005, 10:53 AM
fire mario would pwn those ****ers. [?] >bamf< fireflower >doinkoinkdoinkdoink<.

andyizcool
5th January 2005, 11:53 AM
They do Mario everything for Nintendo games I wouldn't be surprised if they done Mario Sports games next after this Mario Basketball looking game.

phaedrus
5th January 2005, 04:42 PM
they need link in there where they have him shoot bombs instead of basketballs :oh:

PNT510
5th January 2005, 08:56 PM
They do Mario everything for Nintendo games I wouldn't be surprised if they done Mario Sports games next after this Mario Basketball looking game.
They already have 3 mario sports games(Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, and the upcoming Mario Baseball). This game the picture is showing though isn't actually a Mario game. It's NBA Street Vol. 3.

Misty
6th January 2005, 01:13 AM
Indeed, the Mario characters were licensed - very much like Link in Soul Calibur 2.

Sceptile_Master
7th January 2005, 09:58 AM
Also Mario Pinball is in there. Anyways mario would be taller than them when he picks up a super mushroom. LOL.

Alternately he could get on a Yoshi. Yoshi jumps then Mario jumps and heads for the net. Just like of the super mario world on the snes.

Or cape Mario.

OMG the lolness.

Heald
7th January 2005, 10:34 AM
Sellout

kainashi
7th January 2005, 11:53 AM
mario is in bed with ea. :(

Razola
7th January 2005, 02:44 PM
Sellout
You have to admit, it's a bit odd calling a huge corporation a sellout.

This is more akin to selling your immortal soul.

Drago
10th January 2005, 10:41 PM
Somehow this doesn't seem like the same kind of killer aspect that Link in SCII was. Whereas I can see people buying SC for Link (hey, I did), Mario and his posse playing basketball just doesn't strike me as 'omg buy now!'

Either way, Mario's a busy man this year.
http://cube.ign.com/objects/716/716495.html
http://cube.ign.com/objects/723/723137.html

A busy man indeed...

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
11th January 2005, 05:28 AM
I don't want to know how much money EA had to throw at Nintendo to be allowed to use their flagship character in such a stupid game.

PNT510
11th January 2005, 01:14 PM
I doubt EA payed much at all, Nintendo probably let them use the characters for cheap/free. Nintendo needs EA more than EA needs Nintendo. Multi-console games don't sell that good on gamecube, one exception is SC2 with Link. I know alot of people who bought SC2 just because of Link. I think Nintendo is hoping that having Mario in the Next NBA Street will draw in some people who wouldn't normally want a basketball game. They are also hoping to draw in Multi-Console owners to pick up the game on gamecube because of the extras.