PDA

View Full Version : Second verse, same as the first!

fat man with a monkey
5th January 2005, 11:22 AM
So, we've seen nintendo porting (and remaking) a bunch of popular titles for the DS and GBA. What're some that you'd like to see for the PSP/GBA/DS? Why? What's your opinion of ports?
Ports don't bother me. I wouldn't have any problems with re-buying a good game for a portable system, which is also why I'd like to see Megaman X ported to the DS or even the GBA. The touch screen would work very well for managing X's various armors and weapons. And if it were on the GBA, I'd just plain have a good game for a handheld. I'd be a little less accepting of ports to the PSP, but I'd probably end up buying one (if I had a PSP....)

Jeff
5th January 2005, 11:31 AM
Need I say it? Zelda OoT for DS.

Sure it's been remade 10,000 times but a portable version would be great, any Zelda game would go well with the touch screen (navigating the inventory etc.) since LttP was already done for GBA, OoT, the next best Zelda game should be up next.

Ports are fine, as long as their re-releasing an old, classic game such as one for the SNES or N64 and especially if it's for a portable system, however it seems a little early to port GC, PS2, or X-box games in my opinion [coughs]PSP.

The Muffin Man
5th January 2005, 01:04 PM
EarthBound, Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG...

Those 3 games would be awesome with or without a touch screen. Imagine touch-screen menus(pick up the stylus as battle starts, select your attack, select your target and go on. Or set it to use the XABY controls*cookie for anyone who knows why I used that set-up*). Chrono Trigger could use it as a map too, and Mario RPG could inevitably use it for countless minigames. EarthBound would also be able to do away with the "X = Map" thing and finally give us Quick-Menu buttons(R - PSI, X - Goods, Y - Status...L being confirm, B being cancel, and A being 'Menu').

ryandude713
5th January 2005, 03:24 PM
I'd actually like to see Chrono Cross on the dual screen. I thought that game was really fun, even though it was the ADD stricken child of Chorno Trigger. The second screen could be the combat menu, and outside of battle could be used to switch out between the 40 different characters.

Razola
5th January 2005, 06:13 PM
Where's my Tetris, damnit?