PDA

View Full Version : Most Underused Pokemon

PAK Man
28th February 2003, 06:45 PM
What do you think the most underused Pokemon of Ash, Misty, Brock, Jessie and James was? Here is what I think:

Ash: Noctowl
Poor Noctowl practically never did anything! All he did was pop Team Rocket's balloons, and he was used in one gym battle (vs. Morty) and was used only once in the Johto Championships (vs. Hazuki) and it lost to a Steelix!

Misty: Horsea/Goldeen
Horsea and Goldeen were some of the least-used Pokemon owned by a main character in the series! Horsea was used in battle, I think, twice (once vs. Tentacruel, the other vs. Team Rocket in Misty Mermaid) and Goldeen hardly ever comes out anymore!

Brock: Geodude
I don't think Brock ever used Geodude in battle once during Johto. It's amazing that Brock's underused Pokemon used to be Zubat, but he suddenly started using it again and it's now a Crobat! I think Brock should have let Geodude evolve into at least a Graveler. (As a matter of fact, in Who Get's to Keep Togepi? Brock was hoping the egg would hatch into a Golem, when he could get one if he just trained Geodude!

Jessie:
I can't think of Jessie's most underused Pokemon right now. I would say Shellder, except that she used it in battle once and it evolved into Slowbro, so I don't think that counts.

James:
Again, I can't really think of an underused Pokemon that James owns.

What do you think is the most underused Pokemon of a main character?

Jay
28th February 2003, 08:29 PM
Ash: Kingler

He barely used this thing. Quite sad

Misty: Goldeen

Due to its worthlessness this would have to be the most underused pokemon out of everyone

Brock: Geodude

He only appeared in a few eps. The latest one was a looong time ago. I think it was during the Orange league eps

Jessie: Lickitung

She used Lickitung a lot, but since she doesn't have many this would have to be the most underused

James: Victreebel

Weezing has always been with him, and he consistently uses him throughout his many battles. Even when he had Victreebel. At least James knows how to give everyone a fair go!

Osiris
28th February 2003, 09:16 PM
Ash: Totodile = He Used it in Just One Gym Battle and it Lost!

Misty: Goldeen = Just In The Orange Island Season.........

Brock: Geodude = Duno?

Hanada Tattsu
28th February 2003, 09:41 PM
Okay, let's see here:

Ash

Phanpy - He hardly ever used his Phanpy. It was used a couple of times against Team Rocket, and also in one gym battle *Spoiler Alert* against Pryce *End Spoiler Alert* but it loses.

Misty

I know Horsea was underused, but that was because it was a baby and her favorite Pokemon! I would have to say Goldeen. I last saw it in one of the "group shots" that the trio have, you know, releasing all their Pokemon out of their Pokeballs for the day. It last battled in the Orange Islands against Marina.

Brock

Pineco. Period. He never used it in Jouto, and it only came out to explode and get a laugh. *Spoiler Alert* And then, all of a sudden, in the end of Johto, it evolves into a Forretress! *End Spoiler Alert*

Tracey

Venonat. It was very underused, and after the first couple of OI episodes, it never appeared. And even when it did in a couple of eppies, it was just to track down Team Rocket.

Jessie

None. She uses them all equally.

James

None. He uses them all equally.

There. I think it's complete, no?

soggy_cardboard
1st March 2003, 05:33 PM
ive never seen ash use a tauros........

Osiris
1st March 2003, 06:01 PM
Tauros Appeared Two Times:

- In The Orange League, Vs Drake
- In The Johto Journeys, Vs Fernando

Hanada Tattsu
1st March 2003, 07:02 PM
Yeah, Tauros isn't underused.

In fact, Ash used him most in the Orange Islands (against Drake in the Championships, as Osiris pointed out). Also, I believe it was used once or twice in random battles, so I think Ash uses it more than some of his other stored Pokemon. *cough*KinglerMukHeracross*cough*

I think I'm catching something... *cough*

GoldenDragonite
1st March 2003, 07:08 PM
Ash: He never uses his Muk..

Brock: Geodude!

Misty: Psyduck.. lol! Maybe if she actually payed attention to it.. it could be come a good pokemon

James: Umm.. I think he uses them all equally

Jessie: Allright, Jessie has a wobbuffet, but she never uses it. All it does is pop out of its ball and she returns it.