PDA

View Full Version : Swarm (tourney deck)

Roarkiller
6th January 2005, 07:44 AM
Pkmn (20)
4 weedle (which?)
2 kakuna (which?)
4 beedrill frlg
3 zigzagoon/sentret
3 linoone/furret
3 dunsparce
1 jirachi

Trainers(24)
4 copycat
4 POR
3 pkmn retriever
4 candy
2 wally
2 vs seeker
3 briney
2 ATM rock

4 double rainbow
12 grass

That's pretty much the basic layout. I haven't tested it out yet or looked for other cards to make it better, but basic idea is to get beedrills out pronto, and if its killed, pull it back to the deck and regenerate. Double rainbow for extra speed. the rest pretty self explanatory.

jesschow12
6th January 2005, 08:14 AM
cancel these

-2 pkmn retriever
-1 candy
-2 wally
-2 briney

+ 3 tv reporter/bills maintainance
+ 2 celio network
+1 low pressure system(not sure ,the stadium which allows grass/lightning to gain 10 more HP)

Water Pokemon Master
6th January 2005, 08:41 AM
Jess hit it right on the nail, except from her fix:
-1 LPS
+1 Mt. Moon

and from your deck:
-1 Oak
+1 Dunsparce

Alec Trevelyan
7th January 2005, 09:28 AM
hmm, sorry but i dont trust only on beedrill line, maybe you could add wiggly EX line too, or a basic colorless or grass EX pokemon, wiggly should fit cuz its colorless too, well, dunno, i'm not really sure bout this

homeofmew
7th January 2005, 09:31 AM
-Sparce +Jirachi ?
- retriever-beiney + 2 Rockets Admin

I don't think you need Linoone/Furret.
Put Jiggly/Wiggly ex in ^_^!

joehardyreturns
7th January 2005, 10:15 AM
Jess hit it right on the nail, except from her fix:
-1 LPS
+1 Mt. Moon

and from your deck:
-1 Oak
+1 Dunsparce

WPM, Jess is a male.
Not, Jess as in Jessica.

Roarkiller
8th January 2005, 08:41 AM
I thought Jess was a girl too, then Dkyouth brought me to see him, and i was like 0_o

Anyway, allow me to explain my "strange" selection:

-briney/pkmn retriever
Simply put, one beedrill can do nothing here. 2 can do 80, but dragonite runs rampant, and i don't have anything other than linoone/furret to counter that. Hence i need smthng to save my beedrills, and while life herb is tempting, its been too long since i practised any coin flipping, so it ain't what it used to be i.e. the percentage of me getting heads is much lower than before, plus some players insist i use a dice after a first-hand experience of me with a coin.

-wally (and lack of drawing cards)
If you noticed, i included 2 VS seekers. I plan on using this to re-use copycat/POR. Also, u may notice that i don't run any steven or TVR as per usual. This is because i decided to concentrate on getting a fresh hand everytime instead of card drawing, mainly because i have an extra engine in the form of linoone/furret. Also, considering that i might have used up candy, i will have to use wally to search for kakuna after i use briney.

-lack of backup attacker
Like i said, this is just the basic lineup. I have yet to decide if i want to use another attacker because i havent discovered if linoone/furret is sufficient.

-lone jirachi
I actually thought of using (whatever card that switches basics), so i could switch jirachi out for when he's done his job, but then i thought it would be near dead anyway. Anyway, only one cuz i believe i can get out my beedrills through the other cards, so its only there for extra speed. Tech, as they used to say.

Extra notes:

What's Mt.moon for? It sez ignore powers from pkmn with HP less than 70 (or is it 70 or less?), and so far the only threat i've encountered is DK dragonair.

joehardyreturns
8th January 2005, 10:19 AM
What ever card that switches basics:
Swoop! teleporter.
Mt. Moon stops delcatty, Magneton(dragon)- which leo is using..
thats all, or any one uses ditto?

Water Pokemon Master
8th January 2005, 11:12 AM
Oh sorry, Jess. I just assumed because, well I don't know. :lol: My dad's name is Jesse, too, though. :)

Roarkiller
15th January 2005, 09:33 AM
I tweaked around with the deck to see what could make it work better. I forsee problems regarding the lack of attackers other than beedrill, but based on my dk crobat/dk hypno deck, i doubt i'll encounter that much of a problem getting beedrills out.

Anyway:

Pkmn (21)
4 weedle (which?)
2 kakuna (which?)
4 beedrill frlg
3 zigzagoon/sentret
3 linoone/furret
3 dunsparce
2 jirachi

Trainers(24)
3 copycat
3 POR
2 bill's maintenance (slightly better than TVR, and more reliable than steven)
2 pkmn retriever
4 candy
2 warp point
2 vs seeker
2 low pressure system
2 briney
2 ATM rock

4 double rainbow
11 grass

Apart from briney, all supporters r drawing cards, and this deck obviously has a serious need to go through my deck fast, hence VS seeker stays. But i might decide to switch around the engine, maybe drawing is better than a new hand.

And for singapore players, pretty please if u can, i need these cards:

4 weedle (sad, but yeah)
1 kakuna
1 jirachi
1 retriever
1 vs
1 POR
1 beedrill
1 furret (i can get this myself tho)
4 double rainbow :P
1 LPS
1 candy

17 in all, i plan to get them by next week latest, tmr if possible.

Vex 47
17th January 2005, 03:16 AM
Rocket's Admin is not all that great, stick with celio's and steven's.

Water Pokemon Master
17th January 2005, 03:18 AM
What are you talking about? Rocket's Admin can totally change the game because you could totally disrupt your opponent's hand.

joehardyreturns
17th January 2005, 07:40 AM
-Sparce +Jirachi ?
- retriever-beiney + 2 Rockets Admin

I don't think you need Linoone/Furret.
Put Jiggly/Wiggly ex in ^_^!

Sprace and jirachi runs quite okay..
Since i've been using it for some time now..
As long as all ur jirachi dun appear in the prizes

Roarkiller
17th January 2005, 09:25 AM
Hmm, TR Admin sounds nice actually. But i dunno how to squeeze them in, see, and i NEED briney, can't live w/o him. Saved my life too many times to be dumped.

Water Pokemon Master
17th January 2005, 12:14 PM
You only need 1-2 Rocket Admin in your deck, since it is tech. I only run one.

Alec Trevelyan
18th January 2005, 10:13 AM
yeah, rockets admin is a tricky card! its pretty good when opponent doesnt play pidgeot and has only 1 or 2 prizes left.

Roarkiller
23rd January 2005, 03:48 AM
Okay, update status. Apart from the 2nd LPS, i got all the cards i needed. Before i left for my league, however, i didnt take out stevens from my previous DK crobat/hypno deck, but i thought i would juz playtest it all the same. Turns out steven was used more than bill's maintenance, and pkmn retriever wasnt used that often.

Nontheless, i'll still keep retreiever, since i managed to use it to get back my beedrills for later big hits. LPS, i'm still thinking since lots of ppl here use grass types.

Anyway, for changes:

Pkmn (21)
4 weedle (which?)
2 kakuna (which?)
4 beedrill frlg
3 sentret
3 furret
3 dunsparce
2 jirachi

Trainers(25)
3 copycat
3 POR
2 bill's maintenance
2 steven
2 pkmn retriever
4 candy
2 warp point
2 vs seeker
1 low pressure system
2 briney
2 ATM rock

4 double rainbow
10 grass

The 4 candies stay, they were invaluable. ATM and retriever acts as valuable techs, so i ain't removing them. Maybe i got a little too much draw power with 10 cards and 2 VS, and i'm thinking of still including that 2nd LPS. So that's the only problem with numbers.

Playwise, it went well most of the time. I managed to get out 2 beedrills most of the time for a solid 70 (-10 for dbl rainbow) and 100 when i managed to get 3 out thx to furret, dunsparce and jirachi. As expected, my beedrills couldnt stay alive for more than 2-4 turns max, hence why retriever stays. Furret turns out to be a decent backup attacker with its possibility of hitting 80 when i'm lucky.

So that's it. TR Admin is still under consideration since it also affects my own hand; otherwise, any comments duly appreciated.

joehardyreturns
23rd January 2005, 07:18 AM
From my stay at macdonals after you left, i managed to catch wind of a charizard ex playing at the CC.
So why put in a LPS.. try ancient tomb.. the last batch we faced at the normal tournament had a large Team of Grass.. if they reappear, i believe they will deploy LPS too. Ancient Tombs negates weaknesses from the possible flame attacks by the woodlands' Team Jian(they gave that name, not me)

Vex 47
27th January 2005, 09:21 PM
Rocket's Admin. revolves too much around the current in-game situation. If your deck works like it should, then you shouldn't need it. And to the Mt. moon question, in tournaments, Mt. Moon effects all pokemon with 70 HP and below and not just below 70 like the text says.
Also, I'm still seeing a lot of Blaze decks where I'm at and there's probably going to be a great deal of them at state, regionals ect. so that/those Ancient Tomb/s might not be such a bad idea.

Roarkiller
28th January 2005, 07:36 AM
Well, i guess i am seeing more fire decks appearing, altho its mostly dk houndoom im seeing. Nice idea, i think i'll use it. In any case, the extra HP is more useful for weedle/kakuna. There's really not much difference between 90 and 100, except in a few cases where the difference means i either live to fight another turn or im in big trouble.

Although there's also the problem of the opp using a pkmn that is weak to grass, during which i'll be the one with headaches, considering that lots of EX pkmn r weak to grass, and so is DK t-tar.

I dunno. Maybe one of each? Or maybe i'll bring both, and i'll see the situation this sunday.