Psychic
Recover
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
Sweeper. Special.

Lanturn
Item: Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder(Dunno why, but I've been very lucky with it, and it rarely misses)
Confuse Ray
Sweeper. Special. HP tank as well.

Medicham
Item: Persim Berry
Hi Jump Kick
Recover
Shadow Ball
Bulk Up
Sweeper. Physical.

Please take note that I don't have access to the special berries as well as many of the good Battle Tower items, since I can only manage to 35 battles. My style of battling is also to not use any TMs, I can't bear to use them unless they're repeatable, or the Pokemon truly deserves it. Here's some of my backup Pokemon:

Masquerain
Item: ???
Ice Beam
Haze
Silver Wind
Bubblebeam
Basically to reduce damage with Intimidate. Swept quite a lot of Pokemon with this guy, maybe because their Pokemon were below standard?

Whiscash
Item: Chesto Berry
Amnesia
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Rest
Basic tanker.

Lunatone
Cosmic Power
Psychic
Safeguard
Ice Beam
Pseudo-passes Safeguard, and acts as a tank.

I dun't really care about EVs, as it's too complicated for me, and I can't really take note of how many EVs do my Pokemon have. I guess I will expect that everyone has chosen to get rid of Masquerain, most likely? My main problem here is that the legendaries and 00bers start to appear above 35+, so I have trouble coping with Regis, Lati@s, Milotic, Gyarados and the likes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Jeff
6th January 2005, 09:11 AM
First off since you can only take 3 pokemon into the battle tower you really should spread the types out anyway here's what I think for each of them

Starmie:
Good, standard set. Although I usually personally go with Thunderbolt, you should use Ice Beam for the battle tower (seen plenty of Nuzleafs there)

Lanturn:
Thunderbolt > Thunder in my personal opinion but if you think it's OK...
or you could always try to squeeze Rain Dance on there

Medicham:
you might want to go with Brick Break (not sure how strong HJK is), endless supply of the TM in FR/LG
that's it really, haven't dealt with him much

Masquerain:
I say if it's been working for you, go with it

Whiscash:
Looks good

Lunatone:
Looks good

Well I'm pretty new to this anyway, not too experieced with some of the newer ones but I hope that helps a little

Magmar
6th January 2005, 09:14 AM
you could probably replace rain dance on surf with the lanturn
just because you already have the surf on starmie anyway and starmie doesnt look like it's going down fast with that moveset

does rain dance affect ice beam, like odds of freezing?
i'm really not sure about that, if it does then yeah, the lanturn could do well off ice beam, thunder and rain dance

Rabid_Cow
6th January 2005, 09:58 AM
I vote you start over. I mean yeah you can get the 35 you want, but if you want to go for 100, you need some serious sweepers on there (And one good tank...). I used Slaking, Latios, and Regice. I barely got 102 the last time I tried.

I think that if you're wanting a lot of those free items you need to at least change a few things.

Not Starmie and Lanturn. Too much water in there. Yes, water probably is the best kind for a monotype team, but not for BT. You'll hit a lot of Milotic and Absols, so put Toxic on someone...

MeLoVeGhOsTs
6th January 2005, 11:31 AM
Lunatone

~Calm mind
~Icebeam
~Psychic
~HP: Electric

Best set IMO. But RC is right, you shoul really use some more 'non UU' pokemon.

rinku
6th January 2005, 04:21 PM
I think the three you have are workable. Definitely take Rain Dance over Confuse Ray on Lanturn. Shell Bell is a good item, and one you can get easily enough by collecting the Shoal Cave items. My standard Battle Tower item set is Leftovers, Shell Bell and Lum Berry. I'd try Shell Bell on Starmie, Lum Berry on Medicham (as it is horribly vulnerable to Confusion) and Leftovers on Lanturn. Otherwise, Sitrus berry works well for L50 tower.

Hi-Jump Kick is a bit risky for Tower - any Normal type with Double Team will shut him down quickly. Consider Reversal - works great after a few Bulk Ups taking damage as you go (with Recover to get you out of trouble). Brick Break is probably his best option, though.

Used carefully, they should be able to deal with the legends.

Edit:
Use whatever pokémon you want and enjoy using. If you find yourself really frustrated, use the semi-legends allowed or so-called OU pokémon like Salamence and Skarmory. It's your game. If you've earned those pokémon, you use 'em. I've beaten 50-in-a-row with many teams, but I had to use Flygon/Milotic/Skarmory to beat 100-in-a-row (and only managed it once for that matter).

Magmar
6th January 2005, 06:03 PM
What is the move "HP: Electric" on the Lunatone?
I figure it's an electric hidden power...?

andyizcool
6th January 2005, 06:09 PM
What is the move "HP: Electric" on the Lunatone?
I figure it's an electric hidden power...?
People just call Hidden Power HP (Element) because typing Hidden Power all the time is too much work for them. ;)

Magmar
6th January 2005, 06:10 PM
I figured.
See, I'm catchin on, I'm catchin on...
putting that on the Lunatone with Ice Beam is really nifty, kinda takes care of water and grass pests...

Gnight
6th January 2005, 07:38 PM
It's great to have safeguard on lunatone, but you could replace that with explosion. Lunatone was also in my battletower team and making it explode has gotten me out of many jams. Oh, and attach a silk scarf, with attacks as powerfull as explosion, it can make all the difference. Safeguard is 1337, and the reason I don't have it on my lunatone is because I already have a safeguarder. Perhaps you can bring in another pokemon that can learn safeguard, sure starmie can learn it, but there's no room, darn. Speaking of explosion, I have 2 pokemon on my L50 team with explosion, Lunatone and Regirock, and they pwned.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th January 2005, 02:43 AM
No No No. Explosion is for CB Solrock, not for Lunatone

Magmar
7th January 2005, 08:21 AM
I guess it doesn't matter and you do what you want

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th January 2005, 10:18 AM
I was just stating, that Explosion isn't a good move on Lunatone. It doesn't have the attack to preform it correctly. And Solrock is better for the job. Even electrode does a better job at 'ploding and that isn't something to applaud for.

WaterTrainer
8th January 2005, 03:27 PM
Okay thanks everybody, I know what to do now.

Gnight
15th January 2005, 12:40 AM
I was just stating, that Explosion isn't a good move on Lunatone. It doesn't have the attack to preform it correctly. And Solrock is better for the job. Even electrode does a better job at 'ploding and that isn't something to applaud for.

Lunatone's attack power is higher than electrode's. Eventhough I have explosion on my lunatone, it's only used at a last resort. When Lunatone's not far from fainting and the other pokemon has taken damage from his other attacks, I can use explosion and count on it killing the other pokemon, unless it has really high defense, of course. Anyway, I only have sapphire and haven't played ruby yet so I don't have a solrock. Oh, and if you wan't to specialize in exploding, floating, psychic rocks, solrock is better for the job. I'd use Lunatone over Solrock anyway because it can pull off special attacks and a last resort explosion's still packs enough punch to do it's job.

Forgive me for replying so late. Having issues with my internet connection.