PDA

View Full Version : Latias/Latios question

Knight of Time
6th January 2005, 03:46 PM
Okay, this is probably a ridiculous question to ask, but I am very curious for an answer.

After beating the Elite Four (and the Champion), and finding out on the TV in the main character's house that Latias/Latios is being seen by various people in Houen, if you notice the announcement on the TV one day, but you don't see it the next day, is it still possible to find Latias/Latios, or do you have to beat the Elite Four again?

Thanks in advance.

andyizcool
6th January 2005, 03:48 PM
You only see that announcement once after first beating the Elite 4 and that's a trigger for the wild Lati@s to appear anywhere in the wild. So no you won't need to beat the Elite 4 again just search the wild if you want to find Lati@s easily.

Sceptile_Master
6th January 2005, 03:56 PM
Hope you haven't wasted your master ball on groudon/kyogre. It happens when I am helping people and they are like 'but I used my master ball on groudon' or 'but I used my master ball on kyogre'. They aren't that hard to catch I tellz yaz.

Cedrico Ikari
6th January 2005, 04:07 PM
The hard thing is to find them, catching them is easy if you have the master ball... and they'll always be there for you after you beat the elite four and see the announcement, just waiting to be caught
and they're not thaaaat hard to find... just takes some time.

Fel
6th January 2005, 04:54 PM
Actually, I have very little trouble tracking down the roamers. I learned the trick of it back in GSC.

I got aggravated and used my master ball on Groudon after 5 failed captures, then when the time came for the bird, I just used the same methods you used back in GSC for the dogs.

Took me all of a half an hour to catch it last week, after I FINALLY decided to go catch it. Of course, I got lucky and nailed a crit on it with my level 62 Scyther (FR trade) which put it in the red on the first encounter, then 2 more False Swipe encounters and one Sleep Powder encounter, then I caught him the next go-round.

Lucky, I know...but even without the crit and the catch on the first try, it's still easy. It just takes patience.

rinku
6th January 2005, 05:10 PM
They aren't that hard to catch - it's just that they run away. If you can get a fast enough Sableye to Mean Look them, they're helpless. Lati@s at L40 have a speed range of 83 to 115, though the fact that they have a 0 set for speed IVs means it should be either 83, 93 or 102.

+Speed Sableye with 252 effort on speed should be faster at around L50, quite acheivable at that point in the game if playing Sapphire (catch them in Sky Tower). Umbreon and Murkrow are the only other Darks that learn Mean Look that I know of - Murkrow is best as it's fastest (and Taunt will force Lati@s to use a useless attacking move). Night Shade is also a handy capture move when you can predict their HP - in this case between 114 and 126.