PDA

View Full Version : Darkyouth's special Duel Monster's Report!

Dark-San
7th January 2005, 03:02 PM
It's like 4 am in the morning here and what the hell am I still on TPM! Please guys don't think its not big deal 'cause I'm holed up at my office for at least 36 hours without going back home already. I don't have enough rest for these past 36 hours and I think I'm on the verge of a possible mental breakdown. -_-" If my calculation is correct, I still have another 11 hours of shift to go before I am allowed to go home.

Well Roarkiller, I'm sure you have a better time than me now. Looks like the job of a technician is not as easy as I thought it would be. Some sad sh!t~ x_x"

Today's topic, we will be concentrating on two cards from flaming eternity. They are the Guiding Hand Of Nefutisu and the Phoneix God Of Nefutisu. I'm pretty sure these cards ain't out in English yet. So here goes the translation of the card in English for you guys.

FET-JP005
PHOENIX GOD OF NEFUTISU
Fire/Bird/8/2400/1600
If this card is destroyed as the result of a card effect, Special Summon this card during your next Standby Phase. If successfully Special Summoned in this way, destroy all Magic and Trap cards on the Field.
ULTRA RARE / ULTIMATE RARE

FET-JP006
THE GUIDING HAND OF NEFUTISU
Air/Magic User/2/600/600
Including this card, sacrifice 2 Monsters on your Field, and Special Summon 1 [Phoenix God of Nefutisu] from your deck or hand.

I've so far introduced these two cards into my current deck and found them very useful. They work in hand together with cards like EX Virus. Here are the advantages of both cards.

Advantages
1) The effect of Phoneix God Of Nefutisu is too good to deny. After Cyclone got restricted, this should the 4th best way to destroy your opponent's traps after Tempest, Cyclone and Breaker.
2) The guiding hand of Nefutisu provides you a faster way to summon Phoneix. Take note its a spellcaster which would mean you can use dimensional magic on it.

Disadvantages
1) The Phoneix is a freaking hell big monster. So you might be screwed over by your creature if your opponent uses the Scapegoat/Swap combo.
2) Its a creature that will need two creatures to be tribute. So without the guiding hand, you may find this card card to summon. A lot of players would very much prefer playing DMOC to this creature.

Combos
Phoneix + EX Virus/Tidal Wave/Destruction Ring

This is the perfect combo. Just after you deal a heavy 4000 damage to your opponent, you can declare Bird beast sub type to destroy Phoneix and ensure it returns at your opponent's stand by phase for a neat tempest effect. However there may be a few drawbacks like you have to be wary of cards like Soul Release and Kaiku that will put the Phoneix to out of play.

Guilding Hand + Scapegoat

You tributed the guilding hand and a Scapegoat token to special summoned Phoneix. Thats why up to now I am not playing Book of moon but rather Scapegoat till now. Besides Burn/Stall would suffer a set back because of the introduction of Phoneix into the metagame.

Overall Rating

A 6.5/10 perhaps? The tributed cost is proberly the reason to why I gave tis card such a low rating. However I do recommend this card to Last Exile as it will solve his problem to the metagame at his area.

SWAMPERT1
8th January 2005, 05:26 PM
Good Report. BTW, Pheonix is coming out at around the same time the Undead + Dragon structure deck come out for English players.

I never REALLY liked Pheonix because of its two tributes but it can be faster with The Guiding Hand. Only has its true power in a Bird or Pyro deck IMO

The Muffin Man
9th January 2005, 12:42 AM
Can't Scapegoats tokens not be used as sacrifices, though?

Last Exile
9th January 2005, 01:23 AM
Can't Scapegoats tokens not be used as sacrifices, though?

HELL NO! It says so on the card!

I won't use Nephitys, for the same reasons DMOC is a dead card in the current meta.

I think I'll use Feathers of Phoenix God but that's it.

Roarkiller
9th January 2005, 03:16 AM
*posting to show modly presence*

Ahem, well, u didn't say if its 36hrs straight w/o sleep tho. And no, i still have it worse than u.Ur work may be tough, but my management comittee is hell. And my CMTL has just introduced a new, and incredibly ridiculous computer system "to cut down on paperwork". Unfortunately, they never said WHEN we can cut down on paperwork, so until then, this just doubles my work, double the headache, doubles the dificulty of covering up discrepancies, and all with no added bonuses AT ALL as far as i can see.

Now i REALLY want to go to thailand, but then i'll be missing out on a lot of major tourneys.

Dark-San
10th January 2005, 06:52 AM
Final time record ever set in the department by a NSF: 52 Hours. Whoo go me! As for Roar'e info, I only have 4 hours of rest and then back to the meetings and paper works. I believe that I will continue to have this kind of hectic workload till the end of Feb. -_-"

Anywayz as for the Scapegoat, yes we can sacrifice Scapegoat for Phoneix God Of Nefutisu. Why? Here guys take a good look at what edo has written for Scapegoat.

L3-06
SCAPE GOAT
Instant Magic
If you activate this card, you could not and can't Normal Summon, Reverse Summon or Special Summon for this turn. Put 4 [Goat Tokens] (Animal/Earth/1/0/0) on your Field in defense mode. (They cannot be sacrificed to Sacrifice Summon.)
ULTRA RARE

Note the underlined phrase. They cannot be sacrificed to Sacrifice Summoned. In another words, these tokens ain't for tributed summoned. HOWEVER, this doesn't means they cannot be used for Special Summoning of a certain creature.

FET-JP006
THE GUIDING HAND OF NEFUTISU
Air/Magic User/2/600/600
Including this card, sacrifice 2 Monsters on your Field, and Special Summon 1 [Phoenix God of Nefutisu] from your deck or hand.

There the underlined phrase indicated Special Summon. I have also consulted several of the top players in my country on this. And also I do remember that there is a deck from a Hong Kong webby putting up a deck that runs on purely Guiding Hand Of Nefutisu and Scapegoats. Questions?

The Muffin Man
10th January 2005, 01:53 PM
You know DY, I would be willing to admit my mistake if you hadn't been a complete ass and just said "Nope, it's only for sacrifice summoning."

Last Exile
10th January 2005, 11:06 PM
that means revolving, like, 3 or 4 cards to get out one though! That's too complex!

I'm gonna use Sage - Keiroon instead.

Dark-San
11th January 2005, 05:17 AM
You know DY, I would be willing to admit my mistake if you hadn't been a complete ass and just said "Nope, it's only for sacrifice summoning."

Well its my way of doing things. Getting informations and highlighting the important points to you guys. So what so ass abt this? :-_-: