PDA

View Full Version : Destiny Deoxys Review (Spoilers)

Water Pokemon Master
8th January 2005, 10:46 AM
Well, I saw the entire Japanese Deoxys movie last night in Japanese, and I rate it #2 out of all Pokemon movies (I am sure you know what #1 is). I liked the movie a lot, and the graphics were just incredibly amazing (the sounds were just recycled, except the sound Deoxys makes, which I am sure people have heard in other movies before) I won't spoil the plot, but here are some notes:

There is a part where Jesse rubs her butt against the video box machine thingies. I think the entire scene will be taken out, because I can't see any other way of them editing it out those few seconds. The scene isn't that important anyways.

I noticed that when Munchlax evolved, it had eaten a hot dog. Maybe in order to evolve, it has to eat a certain amount of food.

Metagross can....hover. (guess because it is psychic) It's still much larger than doorways, yet it somehow manages to get through some when the Shadow Deoxys are chasing them.

There seems to be more computer box machines in the city then there is water. o_O

Masquerain can just like hover in air and not flap its wings in some scenes.

The only thing I didn't like about the movie was Rayquaza's voice. It just didn't seem to fit it and sounded like a human forcing a sort of dragon voice.

Voices they probably will keep: Metagross (Says its name the same as its English name), Plusle and Minun (there voices are the same as that one ep), Deoxys and Rayquaza (obviously), Surskit (it sounds like a little girl, and it only talks in one scene where it acts like an alarm clock, but it only makes a noise), Battle Tower computer talking thing [talks in English, the only part I understood 100% :-D], and ummmm, I guess that is it.

Things they will change: Jesse mooning/rubbing against the computer screen, some of the intro (it was tooooo long, I just know they will cut it down), and adding naration to the intro, since a lot of it had none.

Overall, the movie was just awesome (the intro was kind of boring, though). I am going to a Debate Tournament soon, but you guys have any questions about the movie, feel free to ask. :)

Also, just saw a commerical for the English airing on Kids WB, and I am glad that I do not recognize any of the characters' voices. Seems like there will be lot of never before heard speakers of the day.

homeofmew
8th January 2005, 11:51 AM
Thanks to homeofmew WPM got to see movie #7
the intro was long but nice.
jessie mooning the screen indeed :/

Water Pokemon Master
8th January 2005, 12:27 PM
Yes, thanks to Tina and mew151 from free pokemon, WPM got to see Destiny Deoxys. :)