PDA

View Full Version : •×• A Renewed Reign of Terror - The RPG •×•

Malheur
9th January 2005, 12:56 PM
·×· A Renewed Reign of Terror ·×·

This is a Harry Potter-based RPG. It takes place after the 5th book. For those who know nothing about Harry Potter...

Lord Voldemort, aka the Dark Lord, aka He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, was the most powerful dark wizard ever to walk the Earth. For years he kept the wizarding community in constant fear. Anyone on his bad side was killed. 15 years ago, a baby named Harry Potter finally became Voldemort's demise. When Voldemort had tried to kill him, his curse of death had rebounded upon him and he was left powerless and almost dead. Now, 15 years later, he has returned. The Ministry of Magic (the government of the wizarding community) has everyone on alert. Everyone is taking safety precautions, and even Muggles (non-wizards) have been warned. Though the world may be better armed against Voldemort now, will they still be powerful enough to resist him? Or will he dominate everyone?

At Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the headmaster Albus Dumbledore has decided to take matters into his own hands. The Ministry of Magic has never proved useful. It took them a full year to accept that Voldemort had even returned. And so, he has decided to observe all of the students at his school. He will then pick out those students he feels are talented enough to form a group he has named the DA, short for Dumbledore's Army. This group will study advanced magic, far beyond what normal students will be learning, and when they come of age, will be able to join The Order of The Phoenix, a group of wizards whose aim is to resist Lord Voldemort.

You will play the role of one of these few students chosen for Dumbledore's Army. When this takes place, you are in the first week of school, and you have been called to Dumbledore's office, though as of now you don't know why.

Signup:

Name:
Weight:
Appearance:
Personality:
House:
History:
Affinity: (which class of magic you are best at)
Classes: (that you're taking at school)
Year: (of school, 6 or 7)
Wand: (type of wood and magical core and length)
Other:

Classes (of magic):

Defense Against the Dark Arts
Ancient Runes
History of Magic
Charms
Transfiguration
Divination
Astronomy
Potions
Care of Magical Creatures
Herbology
(can be advanced for school classes)

Wands:

any type of wood will do, the magical cores include:
phoenix feather
unicorn hair
veela hair
hair of any other magical creature
dragon's hearstring
hornbeam

Houses:

Your house depends upon your personality.
Ravenclaw
Hufflepuff
Slytherin
Gryffindor

My signup:

Name: Jérôme Dumal
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Appearance: Jérôme has long-ish black hair, and big black eyes, and a smallish nose. He is rather on the thin side, and usually wears black pants and red, grey, or black T-shirts. And black, high-top Chucks. <3 His left ear is pierced, and he wears a silver hoop in it.
Personality: Jérôme is rather quiet, and is usually by himself. His English, though improving, is not very well, which is another reason why he is quiet. He does have a few friends though, and they have said he is a very trustworthy person, though usually very distant.
House: Ravenclaw
History: Jérôme, who is originally from France, was actually asked to attend both Beauxbatons and Hogwarts. His parents decided to enroll him at Hogwarts, both because they had been asked to transfer (for job reasons) to London, and because they wanted to improve his English. He has always been best at Charms, though he does rather well in all areas of magic.
Affinity: Charms
Classes: Advanced Charms, Advanced Transfiguration, Advanced Potions, Herbology, Defense Against The Dark Arts, Care of Magical Creatures
Year: 6
Wand: 10 inches, yew, the hair of a veela
Other: t(ò.ó t)

ChobiChibi
9th January 2005, 03:30 PM
Name: Willow Sanders
Height: 5'7''
Weight: I dunno O_o
Appearance: She has dark brown hair which is layered that goes just down past her sholders. Her eyes are dark blue in colour and give a sense of trust. She has an adverage build for a girl her age. Her mother is Japanese, her father English, so she has some Japanese features and some English. The shape of her eyes and face are Japanese but her height is English. On non-school days, she will normally be found wearing jeans and t-shirts with funny phrases on, her favourite being "I was gonna take over the world, but i got distracted by something shiney".
Personality: She's quite sarcastic at times, although she's kind unless you annoy her. She uses sarcasm as humour quite often. Under this almost harsh shell, she's actually caring and friendly. She's extremely smart and excells in all subjects.
House: Ravenclaw
History: Her parents, one muggle and one pure blood, taught her magic from a young age as they found she had a certain talant for it. Her mother, although muggle, encouraged this. Through out Hogwarts she gained good grades. She is now Prefect of Ravenclaw.
Affinity: Transfiguration
Classes: Advanced Transfiguration, Potions, History of Magic, Advanced DADA, Advanced Charms and Care of Magical Creatures.
Wand: Willow, unicorn hair, 9 inches.
Other: *makes poisen and gives it to other*

~Willow~Ravenclaw~
I stood infront of the statue and glared at it. The concealed entrance Dumbledor's office was password protected, just like the common rooms.
I heard footsteps coming my way. It would be so embarassing if... people would think i was gonna be yelled at... I transformed myself to a tabby cat and sat by the statue.
I looked up. It was Jerome (sorry for lack of accents ><), someone who was also in Ravenclaw. Not like him to be in trouble.
"Mreow?" I said, forgetting i was a cat.
He looked down, confused at why a cat had just meowed at him for no reason. I transformed myself back. He looked slightly startled, but didn't get the chance to say anything.
"What are you doing here? In trouble or something?" I enquired, not giving the reason i was here.

Chrono Storm
9th January 2005, 05:34 PM
Name: Emily McGraw
Height: 4'0(5'6, damnit!)
Weight: If you ask her, it changes all the time, but she's quite thin in a not-very-attractive way.
Appearance: She's pale, and has long, slicked back grey(it's a long story) hair(if she didn't gel it, it would friz so much she'd have an afro). Her eyes are a boring sort of brown. She's kind of attractive, if you get past the thinness, the flatness(nature hadn't been very kind to her in the area of mammary glands), and the height. She wears clothes that her mum picked out for her.
Personality: She's a sweet girl, really(Just don't draw attention to her lack of height.). She's a bit spacey and not very good at paying attention in class, so she studies too much to be that social. She's a good tactician, and is very good at worming her way out of trouble, which is good for her slightly rebellious streak. She's also fiercely loyal to her friends and any cause she might join. She doesn't have very many social skills and even less tact, which leads people to think she's cold. Also, she loves cute, fluffy animals, but they don't like her.
House: Hufflepuff
History: She's from a not very well-known Pureblood family with a medium income. A magical accident when she was a little kid turned her hair permanently gray, though she thinks of it as being kind of cool. She didn't get out much as a kid, preferring to stay inside reading. She managed to get through school with a relatively clean record, though that's mainly because of her ability to come up with good excuses and win the teachers over(well, minus McGonagall, Binns, and Snape.).
Affinity: Defense Against the Dark Arts.
Classes: DADA, Care of Magical Creatures, Potions, Charms, Transfiguration, Herbology, and History of Magic.
Wand: Oak, four inches, swishy, with a dragon heartstring core.
Other: The only animal that ever liked her was a corn snake that she bought on a trip to America, so he's her current pet. She named him Enrico after the snake's previous owner.

Emily
_______
"McGraw. MCGRAW!"

Emily snapped out of her apparent coma and turned to face Professor Sprout.

"Yes, Professor?"

"Professor Dumbledore would like to see you in his office."

Oh, sugar. They'd found out about last year's attempted excursion behind the Whomping Willow, hadn't they? She'd managed to pass off the bruises and broken arm as backfired spell... Not showing her inner worries, she cocked her head like a curious dog.

"Pardon me for asking, but why?"

"Dumbledore will explain everything to you in his office." She didn't seem angry, but then again, when had anyone seen Sprout angry? Emily shrugged and left the table.

_______

"Wait... where is the Headmaster's office, anyway?"

Emily cursed herself for not asking directions. She'd usually been clever enough to fool the teachers into believing her, and the other times had been minor offenses, so she'd never been sent to the Headmaster's office. Not like that was a big thing. Many kids had probably never been there either, right?

She'd been so caught up in finding Dumbledore's office that she'd almost passed two other sixth years, a dark-haired boy and an Asian girl.

"Hey!" called Emily. "'D'you two know know where Dumbledore's office is?"

"You're standing in front of it," said the girl.

Oh. Problem solved, then.

Ciaobat
9th January 2005, 08:39 PM
Name: Cade Durham
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 155lbs
Appearance: Dark brown hair that's slightly curly. Most of it comes down to his shoulders, but the part around his face is shorter and often falls into his face. He only moves it if it obscuers his vision considerably. He usually ties the longer part back into a little ponytail. His eyes are a light grey that often throws people off until they get used to him. His features are well-defined. He's thin, but has a little muscle to show. His right ear has a silver stud piercing at the top. On off-school days, he usually wears loose grey or tan pants and a T-shirt (usually medium to dark blue) that's a little on the small side for him but isn't tight.
Personality: He tends to keep to himself for the most part. What friends he does have seem to hang around him, not vice-versa. He'll smile sometimes, but he laughs much less often. He likes to challenge himself, and gets into the absolute worst moods when he fails to meet his own goals. He doesn't care half as much about what other people require of him. He's often willing to help if he thinks someone needs it, but that's not always when they think they need it. He likes learning, but not just for the knowledge; more for what he might be able to do with it. He doesn't care for impractical knowledge, but then, most knowledge can come in handy.
House: Slytherin
History: He's a pure blood. Both parents work in the Ministry, and he doesn't see too much of them even when he's home. Thus, he's used to being by himself, and finds a lot of attention to be very awkward.
Classes: Advanced Transfiguration, Advanced Potions, Herbology, Advanced History of Magic, Advanced Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts
Year: 7
Wand: 10 inches, Blackthorn, Thestral Hair
Other: Sometimes a friend or someone will jokingly put his hair in two little ponytails and he'll keep it like that for a couple of days because he's used to it and doesn't really care. Also, has a crested owl see? (http://www.owlpages.com/species/Lophostrix-cristata/pictures/Crested_Owl_01.jpg) named Faxcalde, or just Fax.

Cade Duham • Slytherin
~~~~`~~~~`~~~~`~~~~
Cade locked his hands behind his back as he put some distance between himself and his Potions class. He had been to the Headmaster's office once before. Even if it had been years ago, it wasn't something you forget. He took his time in going, though not for any particular reason. Potions was a nice enough class. He couldn't imagine what this was about, but he'd find out when he got there, supposedly.

He found a group of students collected around the entrance to the office; apparently no-one knew the password, and they'd have to be let in. He leaned aginst the wall across from the statue.

Mewtwo-D2
9th January 2005, 10:28 PM
Name: Galatia Astraen
Height: 5'9''
Weight: 170 lbs.
Appearance: Galatia is tall and curvy, with soft pink-and-white skin, shoulder-length, mildly wavy black hair, and large gray-green eyes with long lashes. She's usually adopts a relaxed posture and wears a mildly amused, thoughtful expression. Her favorite color is deep red, and she can always be spotted wearing a touch of it- usually a hair ribbon or a small piece of jewelry. When not in uniform, likes to wear a deep red shirt with bell sleeves and dark jeans.
Personality: She has an even temper and views life as a long joke that hasn't reached it's punchline yet. Tries to find the humor in things, and usually has a lopsided smile on her face. She has an easy laugh and appreciates anything that brings it out. She stands out a bit from her fellow Slytherin, seeming as amused by them as she does by other students.
History: Galatia is pureblood. Her father, Keith Astraen, was in Hufflepuff, and her mother, Aurelia Caelyn, in Ravenclaw. She comes from a family of four, she has twin younger brothers, Damek and Laec, and one older sister, Eithne. Her father works in the Ministry of Magic's Transportation department and her mother is a house witch. Her sister has graduated and also works as a designer for Madam Malkins Wizarding Wear. Damek and Laec are in their second year, and are both in Hufflepuff. She's the first Astraen in Slytherin in over 100 years.
Affinity: Astronomy
Classes: Astronomy, Ancient Runes, Transfiguration, Charms, DADA, Potions, Care of Magical Creatures
Wand: Linden, 8 1/2 inches, containing one occamy feather. Light and swishy, good for spells that require high concentration.
Other: Has a Great Horned owl named Banquo. Is very fond of classical music, especially Tchaichovsky.

Galatia Astraen
~~~~~~~~~~
I tilted back a chair in the library, stretching lazily. Twenty minutes to go before Charms, lunch already eaten, nothing to do but relax... some of the other Slytherin's looked at me out of the corners of their eyes- after all, across the table from me was, heaven forbid, a Gryffindor. I wasn't even talking to him, just sitting in his vicinity. I raised an eyebrow at them and laughed when they turned away. I stood up, leaving before Madame Pince could descend on me in full fury.

In the hall, a Slytherin prefect stopped me, looking down his nose at the red ribbon in my hair.
"Can I help you?" I asked politely.
"You're Astraen, aren't you?" he snapped.
"So you've heard of me," a smile spread across my face.
"Professor Snape sent me to find you. Dumbledore wants to see you in his office," the sneer he was wearing showed me his opinion of Dumbledore and of me quite plainly.
"Is that so?" I said, mildly surprised. "Thank you, and I've already given at the office." I turned on my heel and headed down the hall, leaving him to mull over my closing remarks.

ChobiChibi
10th January 2005, 02:32 PM
~Willow~
I glanced at the people who had also set up camp outside Dumbledor's office and were waiting to be let in. Two Slytherins and a Hufflepuff had now joined us Ravenclaw folk. No sign of any Gryffindors yet then.
Although it was a bit odd that i was sat on the floor, i stayed there. As there was little sign of conversation, i pulled out the Daily Profit from my bag. Moving photographs of witches and wizards lined the front page. Advertisements for this that and the other, little preveiws of articles inside and the main headline. Something to do with Quidditch and brooms being faulty so they died half way through the game causing many players minor injuries... Not that important then.
I heard more footsteps so i looked up. Maybe they were joining us? Who knew why we were here...

Malheur
10th January 2005, 02:43 PM
•×• Jérôme, Ravenclaw •×•

Looking around, I saw that almost everyone gathered outside the office was very nervous, as was I. I had never been called to Dumbledore's office before. But a thought struck me. I couldn't be in trouble, could I? It was unlikely that such a group of people from different houses were all in trouble at the same time. And as I had never talked to anyone there but Willow, we couldn't all be in trouble for the same thing, could we?

I tried to think back to the beginning of the week...had I done anything bad recently? Hm...I couldn't think of anything. So, deciding to follow Willow's lead, I took out my Charms schoolbook, and began to study...where was Dumbledore? Hopefully he'd be there soon...

Crystal Tears
10th January 2005, 07:17 PM
Name: Strife Aeden
Height: 6'3
Weight: 196 lbs
Appearance: Strife is slightly skinny boy, he could be called lanky, but thats only because his muscle doesn't show.
He's more or less on the pale side, only his arms and face appear to even have the slightiest bit of tan.
Strife has dark brown eyes, that combine perfectly with his slightly longer then short, but not long hair. (What a discription >_<)
He usually wears(on off school days) Slightly loose dark blue jeans, and black t-shirt with a Cobra on it. Combined with that he has a ankle length leather jacket, with black and little white nikey shoes.
Personality: He's very smart and is a quick thinker. Though sometimes it doesn't show through much because of his nasty habit of goofing off even in the time of most dire need. He kind, and alittle shy. But isn't all that afraid to express his opinion, or even get into a fight if called for.
House: RavenClaw (does feel un-original... ^_^;; )
History: He comes from a 'pure blood' family. His father was always disapproving of him, while his mother spoiled him rotten. He finds Hogwarts a place to run away from his family problems. And thus not much is known about him.
Affinity: Care Of Magical Creatures
Classes:
Transfiguration (Advanced)
Ancient Runes
Herbology
Defense Against The Dark Arts(Advanced)
Charms (Advanced)
Care of Magical Creatures (Advanced)
Wand: Cherry, DragonHeart String, 8.5 inchs
Other:He has a pet Australian Shepard named Luca, which he by mistake turned it into a permenant puppy

Strife Aeden
~~~~~~~
'Stupid bird....' Strife thought, brushing his to long of bangs from his face. Which fell perfectly back into place, just like always. He let out a heavy sigh, as he rubbed his forehead. 'Of all the birds to choose...' Another cruel thought of the bird that had flown right into his forehead. Throwing everything of balance and his experiment to change Luca into a older pup to fail. He sighed and saw others standing there. Strife began to wonder if there was a actual reason for him being called, and if these people were related.
He recognized some, Jerome, and Willow. The others he had no doubtly seen around the school. But it had not occured to him, or even crossed his mind to speak of them.
Strife sighed quietly to himself, and sat down beside willow, they had spoken lightly before. A simple hi and how are you doing. Never serious conversation, but at least someone was there.
He didn't say anything, only when willow looked up did he nodd, a type of silent 'hi'. She nodded back, before returning to whatever she was doing, which was unnoticed by him. He simply went back to his private thoughts, and lightly tapped his fingers on his knees.
'How boring can this be...?'

Perfect Chaos
10th January 2005, 08:57 PM
Name: Shaan (pronounced Sean) Kishore
Height: 6'1
Weight: 180 lbs.
Appearance: Tan skin (Asian Indian descent, no accent), black hair spiked, dark mocha brown eyes, has a light/medium goatee growing, when he's not wearing his robes (which are black), he wears a big/long black T-shirt and baggy dark blue jeans with black sneakers. Also has an ear piercing on his left ear (silver hoop) and wears a black band (like the LiveStrong bracelets only nothing written on them) on his left wrist.
Personality: Very much unlike other Slytherins. He's quiet, very shy around people since he has trouble making friends. Usually keeps to himself and talks with the few friends that he does have. He's not obnoxious or arrogant nor powerhungry in any sort of way (see History of why he might've been chosen for Slytherin)
History: Was born to a pure-blood family, however, his father was a Death Eater, one of some importance to You-Know-Who. One night, he was sent along with a few other Death Eaters to attack one village, where he met his future wife and Shaan's future mother. He spared her life and decided to abandon You-Know-Who and become a secret supporter of the Order (along with Shaan's mother). The Dark Lord was displeased with Shaan's father's betrayal and ordered him to be found and killed. After a few years after Shaan's birth, a group of Death Eaters attacked the village that they lived in and killed Shaan's father. Shaan and his mother both fled and have lived in hiding ever since. It seems that Shaan was selected for Slytherin due to his father being a former Death Eater.
Affinity: Defense of the Dark Arts
Classes:
Advanced Defense of the Dark Arts
Advanced Potions
Advanced Charms
Transfiguration
Ancient Runes
Astronomy
Year: 7
Wand: 9", redwood, phoenix feather
Other: Plays Chaser on the Slytherin team and has some feelings for Kiiana. Has a jetblack eagle owl named Cloud

-$∑@π

Shaan Kishore
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I noticed a great murmur among the other students today...some rubbish about certain kids being sent to Dumbledore's office for some very important meeting. They can't be in trouble...at least not that many people... I thought to myself. I just had come from my Ancient Runes class and it was time for my usual break. I wonder if all this commotion is really worth anything... I thought to myself again.

Two kids passed by me whispering and stole glances at me. I rolled my eyes and continued to loiter against the wall. Although I was chosen by the hat to be in Slytherin, I was one of the few that wasn't snide, rude or just plain arrogant in front of others. Rather, I kept to myself most of the time, just talking with the few friends that I had.

Another set of kids passed by me whispering to me and also managed to take a glance at me. However, they had a bit of a fearful look in their eyes. I raised an eyebrow since I knew I had done nothing scary at the very moment. I turned around and faced the thin frame of the Hogwarts Potions master and my Head of House, Snape. The other two kids slinked off, keeping one eye on Snape, making sure his attention wasn't on them.

"Shaan...I thought I'd find you here..." Snape said in a low tone. Though I lacked the qualities of a TRUE Slytherin, Snape still treated me as normal as the other Slytherins. "Yes, Professor, what can I do for you" I said casually. "You're wanted Kishore, by the Headmaster. You are to report to his office immediately." Snape said. With a swish of his robes, he was gone, down the corridor.

I stood in mild shock at what he just said. Dumbledore...wants me? Something must be up...but I haven't been in any incidents so far this year... I thought to myself. Still puzzled, I headed toward his office, where I met some other kids from other houses, apparently waiting for Dumbledore...

Bulbasaur4
11th January 2005, 05:59 PM
Name: Kiiana Revelon
Height: 5'6
Weight: 120
Appearance: [ See HERE (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7197)- notice how her eyes are different shades of blue. ^^]
Personality: Kiiana is an extremely caring person yet some times she become so self-absorbed with others that she forgets about herself. She has strong morals and beliefs, but often is manipulated by others because of her overly caring personality. Still, she’s open and honest and cherishes the little things in life.
House: Gryffindor
History: Kiiana’s mother died at birth, due to complications of her labor. So, early on Kiiana and her father had a close bond. It wasn’t until Kiiana was thirteen that she learned about her heritage- that she was half Unicorn. Her mother had the power to transform into a human, given that power by a wizard. Meeting Kiiana’s father, they fell in love and some how Kiiana’s mother had died giving birth. (Reasons really unknown.) Because of her half heritage, Kiiana once a month, must transform into a Unicorn when the sky is clear otherwise complications will occur. Due to Voldemort and his new passion for Unicorn blood (and because Unicorns are hunted creatures), Kiiana keeps her heritage a secret and Dumbledore is the only other wizard or muggle who knows about Kiiana. Just recently, Kiiana’s father was killed while working in the Ministry. Despite this Kiiana has tried to remain upbeat and no one really knows of her father’s death, since her last name is different from her father’s due to saftey reasons. (her father’s name is Beyourd Rilamond.) Kiiana now stays at Hogwarts full time, having no living relatives.
Affinity: Defense Against the Dark Arts (strangely not Trans. Nor Care of Magical Creatures.)
Classes: Advanced Transfigurations, Care of Magical Creatures, Advanced DatDA, Runes, Potions and Advanced Herbology.
Year: 6 (Late entry)
Wand: 6 inch, Black Mahogany wood with the inner core of Unicorn hair.
Other: Kiiana’s pet is a simple black Weyr. (Weyr’s are small, wolf pup animals with tiny, dragon-like wings of any color. Her Weyr is all black, with black dragon wings with a hint of crimson ebbed into them along with crimson eyes. She calls him Nuko.)

[b]Kiiana
~ Gryffindor/F/6th Year~

"I'm...nervous." Kiiana thought silently to herself as she gracefully walked down the long corridors towards Dumbledore's office.
"For once in my life, I am truely nervous about meeting a teacher."
Kiiana never had been one to be nervous of teachers. Friends? Yes. Family? Yes. Relationships? Most definately yes. But teachers... never. She always found herself feeling calm and relaxed if and when talkign to them. Even upon previous occassions with talkign with Prof. Dumbledore, she had been calm. Most of it had to do with her father being involved with the ministry in her previous years, but for some reason she was nervous.
"Some thing must be up." Kiiana said outloud but mostly just a whisper to herself, as she found her liquid, beautiful two-toned gaze rest upon a group of students.

She had been told, by Prof. Snape- of all people- to go to Prof. Dumbledore's office immediately. Of course, this had produced quite a mumbling of voices in the middle of it until Snape had told them to snap their mouths shut. Had all these students been told to go as well? What for? What was so important?
They couldn't be in trouble... I'm not sure how I would, unless it was for going off grounds a little bit but that shouldn't be too harsh, should it? No... it has to be about some thing serious. Like... like ... the darks.
Kiiana nodded to herself, as she finally came to the group.

She recognized a few... and foudn she was the only Gryffindor at the moment- if more weren't coming.
Strife, Jereome, Cade, Emily... and many others were some that she had met, encountered or talked to. In actuality, Kiiana had spoken to all of them at least once. It wasn't that Kiiana went out of her way to speak to every one she saw- it was rather, she just got along with everyone. Even the Slytherins, not that she was all 'buddy buddy' with each house. IT just happened that she was a median- an inbetweener- if you will. Most of her friends in Gryffindor took advantage of that fact, often using Kiiana as a 'phone' or a communicator between two people. It wasn't always pleasant either.

"Hmm... seems that some things up." Kiiana said softly to her self, giving everyone a soft smile and a gentle nod.

Milkychunk
12th January 2005, 02:35 PM
I fianlly posted. This is a miracle!

Name: Leah King.
Height: 5'76'
Weight: Ummm...
Appearance: Leah has a normal build. She's thin but not skinny and has unusually pale skin that suits her. Leah has long black hair that end in springy curls just below her shoulders. She has two bangs that flow freely over her light blue eyes. Leah is usually seen wearing dark blue jeans that cover her white trainers slightly. She is always wearing a black tank top with an undone denim jacket over it. Leah wears black nail polish on her nails, but often finds it chipped or gone.
Personality: Leah is a generally nice and caring person. She always gives anyone atleast one chance and doesn't judge people before she knows them. Leah has a wide knoledge of both the muggle and wizarding world, but she is still quite far from being first in the class. Leah always dedicates herself to her studies, but she never lets anything get in the way of her being around friends and having fun. Leah can be very curious and adventurous, always keeping a sharp eye out for those small details. Leah always seems to be able to think of a sarcastic comment when she feels one is needed and she has a great sense of hunour. The thing that stands out the most about Leah is her bravery, she will always fight for her beliefs and would sooner go to the grave than betray her friends or family.
House: Gryffindor
History: Her parents were both Muggles and Leah was raised as a full and proper muggle until the age of 11. Her mother, Diana, died during childbirth and her father had raised her since then. Every summer Leah would return to the muggle world and live with her father, although she spent christmas at school. Although Leah never knew her mother she knew that she was a wonderful person.
Leah has been in trouble only once with the ministry for using underage magic. She had used her wand to set someone's hair on fire when she got annoyed, sLeah got off with only a warning and is careful not to use magic away from the wizarding world.
Classes: Advanced Transfiguration, Potions, History of Magic, Advanced DADA, Advanced Charms, Advanced Care of Magical Creatures, Astronomy and Avanced divination.(Although she dispises the subject.)
Wand:
Wood: Holly
Core: Phoenix Feather
Length: 9 inches
Maker: Mr. Ollivander
The wand is springy and great for peforming charms with.
Other: Hates spiders, Has a pet snowy owl named Leroy and plays as a chaser on the Gryffindor quidditch team. Her favorite quidditch team is the 'Chudley Cannons' although she knows they aren't any good.

Leah King - Sixth Year - Female - Gryffindor

I sighed and made my was towards Dumbledore's office. I had been sleeping in my Divination class, dreaming of floating kangaroos beating up Proffessor Snape while sparkly coloured marshmallows danced around him and sang 'In Da Club', but then I was rudely awoken by Professor Trelawney. (And I swear to God that she did not scare me.) She told me that Proffessor Dumbledore wanted to see me and that he didn't say what. At first I had been worried, after all, I did dye Mrs. Norris' fur pink with green blobs just yesterday.

It wasn't until I turned a corner and saw a whole group of people waiting outside Dumbledore's office that I realised it had nothing to do with the pink and green monster that I loved to call Mrs. Norris.

I immediately began to recognise people; Kiiana, in my year and in my house; Strife from a few off my advanced classes; A bunch of slytherins that really hated me; People I saw in classes or in the halls and my best friend, Willow.

I had been friends with Willow since my second year, we had quite a few classes together that year and bonded quickly. This year we had Advanced Transfiguration, Potions, History of Magic, Advanced DADA and Advanced Charms together, so there was chance off us losing contact.

I sat down beside her on the (Cold but very sparkly) floor and began to read The Daily Prophet over her shoulder. After she had read a long article on some new Dragon Breeding rules she folded the paper and stuffed it back in her bag.
"Oi! I wasn't done reading that!" I excalimed, putting on a fake annoyed tone.
I watched happily as Willow juimped three feet in the air. She turned to me with the look on her face that hinted not-so-softly that she was probably about to kill me. I smiled innocently and pulled a box of Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans (my form of an emergency kit.) and began munching on a few happily.
"So what do you think this is all about?" I asked Willow, as she sat down beside me and helped herself to a handful of beans.
"I don't know, we'll just have to wait until Dumbledore get's here." She replied.
I grinned and pulled a box of Exploding Snap out of my bag.
"Wanna play." I asked, grinning from ear to ear.

Perfect Chaos
14th January 2005, 07:09 PM
OK, this is EXACTLY what Gavin, Kalah and JT were talking about on ABANDONING RPGs. What or Where is the creator? It's not like this RPG had a bad start and now dedicated people. So, what's the problem and why is this RPG joining the list of other "outcasted" RPGs.

-sean

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
15th January 2005, 08:25 AM
*breathes in* *twitches* My computer is still AWOL. Apologies for the length of the post; I'd a full one written when the connection disconnected itself and deleted the post along with reloading the page. *growls*
Chrono Storm: Heyyyy, do you read Terry Pratchett? ^^;
---------

Name: Esme (Esmeralda) Tockley
Height: 5'10"
Weight: *mentally turns kg's into lb's* Errr... 135 lbs?? She's... skinny.
Appearance: She's very tan, although her shortish, choppy hair (that comes to about her chin) is light ash-blonde, making for a large contrast. Her eyes are ice blue, denoting some strains of sapphire in the family lineage. She has high, defined cheekbones. Her daily clothing varies but is generally different shades of black, or charcoal grey. Her boots are hobnailed and very sturdy. She wears a pair of dragon-tooth earrings, and has a matching dragon-tooth pendant.
Personality: You could label her as the making of a battleaxe. She's pragmatic, slightly cold-blooded, and has a killer glare. People wonder why she isn't in Slytherin; this is probably because, underneath the icy demeanour, she has a romantic soul and a (terribly) graphic imagination, as well as being much too loyal to her beliefs and friends to be a Slytherin. She's nice, nice in the sense that she'll do what's right for the person, instead of what they think they'd like her to do. Very contrary; if you want her to do something, all you have to do is tell her not to do it in an authoritative manner. She's good at magic, and gets high grades each time.
House: Hufflepuff
History: Her father was a highly skilled wizard, working undercover for the Order. Her mother was a squib. Her older sister, also highly skilled, seemed all set to continue the family tradition and become an initiate for the Order, until somewhere along the line, she was corrupted by Voldemort and bought over. This same older sister, Lucretia, later murdered their father in cold blood. Esme's now got a 'sister complex', in that she doesn't appreciate having to be extra good just because her sister is extra bad.
Affinity: Potions *grin*
Classes: Advanced Potions, DADA, Charms, Care of Magical Creatures, Advanced History of Magic, Ancient Runes, Advanced Transfiguration, Advanced Herbology
Wand: Teak wood, chimera claw, 10 inches.
Other: Has a talking cat, named Bastet, inherited from her father. She's chocolate-brown with green eyes and white markings. And *shuffles feet* could she be best friends with Brigham?? (She'd probably like him a bit, too, but wouldn't admit it...)
-----------

Esme kicked the gargoyle that served as part of the camouflage of Dumbledore's office. It merely glared at her in a desultory manner.
They'd tried all the passwords with sweet names, even the favoured lemon sherbet. Since the door hadn't opened, Dumbledore obviously wasn't in. She kicked the gargoyle again, discreetly, much to Brigham's amusement.
Sprout had called them both, and they'd met on the way to the office. The assembled group of students was comprised of equal amounts from each House, she noted. The two Slytherin males were leaning against the wall, probably because it was the done thing. The remaining Hufflepuff student, Emily was apparently in an upright coma. She recognised most of those present, although some for the wrong reasons. Brigham was admiring Kiiana Revelon's physique. Esme twisted her mouth slightly and tried to restrain her graphic imagination from imagining things graphically.
There was a nudge from her left. Brigham grinned at her. "I wouldn't mind spending time in the office with her." He indicated Kiiana, who smiled in a nice way and essayed a small wave. Esme raised an eyebrow.
"Whatever. That's if we do actually get to enter the damn place, you realise. Anyway, she's giving me a funny feeling..."
"What, like a feeling that she's going to be a steady friend of mine?"
"No, idiot. She feels... too pure. Too caring. Full humans wouldn't give off anything like that."

ChobiChibi
15th January 2005, 08:34 AM
Why you needed to post this i do not know. This isn't turning into an outcasted RPG. I happen to know that Eric (the creator) is kinda not around right now... The most likely reason why we're waiting around is because some of the characters who have signed up haven't posted yet. I'm not sure how many, i could be wrong and everybody's here, but we can't go ahead until everyone is waiting outside Dumbledor's office and he or someone else lets us in.
I can see where you're coming from, and i don't want this forum to die as much as the next dedicated RPer, but why couldn't you have continued on the story with a new post of your own? Why did you bother raising your post count with a rant and not a post of your character's point of veiw of the people gathered there or actaully going inside the office?
Okay... Rant over... If this starts flaming or something then i'm sorry. Now, continueing with my post...

~Willow~
Snap. Another card blew up in my face. I don't know what was with this game, but when ever i played i seemed to lose. I looked up. Some of the others who were waiting were watching the game. There must have been a reason why we hadn't gone in yet.
Professor McGonagall approached us. Her ropes swept across the floor as she walked hastily towards us.
I went to say something, as did some of the others, but she held up her hand for silence. My mouth quickly closed again and i waited.
"Before you ask me anything" she began, "I would just like to say you're not in trouble."
A few sighs of releaf were heard from some. I would have laughed, but i wanted to know why i was there so i stayed silent for once. McGonagall smiled and surveyed us one by one.
"I see we're not all here yet." She scowled a little, but it soon disappeared at she addressed us again. "The others will have to be late. That doesn't matter, i'll send them up when they arrive. Off you go to the Head Master's office."
Everyone looked at eachother, confused at how we would get there. The entrance was sealed. We didn't know the password.
"Professor... We don't know the password." I stated.
"It's what i caught you eating today in my lesson." She said, frowning at me.
"What? Pumpkin Pasties?" I said sarcastically, smirking also.
The smirk was soon wiped off my face as the statue moved out of the way and a spiral staircase wound it's way down from above. My look of disbelief was soon replaced with a grin. One by one we filed up the stairs toward enlightenment of why we were called together.

Chrono Storm
15th January 2005, 10:05 AM
(OOC:Emotional Faun Chiko-sai: Why, yes I do :) . I was thinking you got your character's name from there, but I didn't mention it(Granny Weatherwax rules!). Nice to know there's another Pratchett fan around.)

Emily
_________

Emily's biggest problem was that her mind tended to wander. Right now, it was going for lunch in a seedy bar twenty miles east of the resturaunt at the end of the universe and teaching a suicidally depressed robot a dirty song about hedgehogs.

"McGraw."

Funny, she never told the robot her name... oh, wait.

"Yes, Professor?" she asked innocently.

"Everyone else has entered the office."

Emily blinked, noticed that the gargoyle had moved aside, and started into the office.

Dumbledore didn't seem to have arrived yet, so Emily took a few monents to look around. His office was enormous, particularly if you're the size of a small first-year. Random trinkets dotted the walls and- wait, was she seeing things, or did Dumbledore have a stuffed crocodile hanging from his celing? Dear God, he did. That added a few cool points for him on Emily's mental scoring chart.

Next to the headmaster's desk(which was friggin' huge, how does he see over that thing?) was a currently vacant perch. Emily wondered what it was for. A raven, maybe? She read somewhere that powerful wizards liked ravens... then again, skulls were usually reserved for that sort of thing, and there were too many shiny round objects in the office. It would probably attack everything in sight.

Bored, she decided to go back into her happy place and resume conversation with the robot. ...What was a robot, anyway?

She nudged the nearest person (a blonde Gryffindor with two tone eyes, Emily thought her name was Ki-something). "Hey, d'you know what a robot is?"

Mewtwo-D2
16th January 2005, 02:51 PM
Galatia Astraen
Slytherin
~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked around Dumbledore's office in interest. I had never had cause to be in it before and it truly was a fascinating place. Framed pictures of former headmasters dotted the walls, including quite a few vaguely familiar faces. Not surprising, seeing how inter-related wizarding families were. I was probably related to a fair number of them, though the relationship was lost in the mists of history. But I tore my eyes from the portraits and the intriguing devices that littered the room to watch my fellow schoolmates. It would definitely be worth it to watch their reactions, for I was only barely acquainted with any of them. There had to be something special about them, and it would be worth noting for future reference.

I heard the little Hufflepuff ask about a robot. Vaguely, I remembered hearing the term from my Aunt Celia, a Squib, musician, and my family's only real link to the Muggle world. Squibs were normally considered poor unfortunates to be sheltered by the family, but Aunt Celia would have none of it. She was my father's much younger sister, and he had adored her all throughout childhood. The Hufflepuff in him had remained unfailingly loyal when it turned out that she was without a doubt non-magical, and she refused to accept charity from her gifted family and had broken into the Muggle world as a professional violinist. She and her pianist Muggle husband, Andrew, were by far my favorite relatives, but they told me so much about the Muggle world I couldn't be expected to remember everything.
Robot, robot... yes, it had been in one of the books they had given me. Some sort of a mechanical golem that Muggles wanted to create. I wondered if I should volunteer the knowledge, or see if anyone else knew first.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
18th January 2005, 08:04 AM
Chrono Storm: *is a complete Terry Pratchett-o-phile or whatever you call them* Hehhe, I read the bit where your chara said sugar and thought Shufti from Monstrous Regiment. *sweatdrop* I based my chara about 70% off Granny. *bigger sweatdrop*
-------------
Esmerelda Tockley|F|Hufflepuff
-------------------

It was a surprisingly big room, compared to the size of the exquisite spiral staircase they'd ascended. Nevertheless, it was filled to the ceilings with lots of what Esme's mother would have called random junk. This variety of random junk far outclassed anything Esme had seen so far, though, up to and including her father's collection of dust bunnies. It elicited a slight glint in her eye that might have been described as 'wow' in lesser beings.

There were portraits, thingumajigs, whatchamacallits, a silver perch on the elegant wooden desk, and various other objets-de-interest, including a curious bowl full of something on top of the armoire. Esme took a sideways glance at one of the portraits on the wall. It was of her great-great-great-grandfather, who was currently absorbed in removing the lint from his fingernails. He had on an ancient-looking pair of bifocals, probably the first of their kind. She surreptitiously looked the other way when the portrait glanced up momentarily to look at the gaggle of youngsters that had breached the relative silence of the office. The sapphire-blue of the eyes had been passed on through the generations.

Occasionally, a thingumajig went whop-whop-whop or splash. Esme thought she saw a bag of what looked like Every Flavour Beans on a shelf full of edible-looking things. Dumbledore had a sweet tooth, that at least was certain.

Emily was asking Kiiana about robots. Esme knew of robots as mechanical, mobile Muggle-invented machines that were not to be trusted. They were too closely related to golems for her comfort - they even had the words in the head telling them what to do. But you had horror stories about both, usually about them turning on their maker.

Malheur
19th January 2005, 03:12 PM
Still here....don't worry. Just waiting for everyone else to get there...

•×• Jérôme, Ravenclaw •×•

Now that we had all collected in the office, the group seemed a lot bigger, as the office was rather smaller than the corridor. I looked around the office, and saw that everyone else was doing the same. I'd never been in here before...and it was truly fascinating. I had no clue what most of the stuff was in there...but it was all...très intéressant...

Just as my eye caught a bowl of some milky white, shiny liquid, I heard the door open somewhere to my right. The tall frame of Albus Dumbledore was immediately visible over the heads of the other students. He walked straight to his desk, sat down, and turned to face us.

"I'm sure you are all wondering why exactly you are gathered in my office right now. I will waste no time in explaining." he said.

"As you know, Lord Voldemort (several people flinched) has returned to full power. I feel that the Ministry of Magic is not capable of stopping him on their own, and so, I have taken matters into my own hands. If you so choose, you will become members of Dumbledore's Army, a group of talented Hogwarts students who will learn advanced magic, in order to stop Lord Voldemort. I cannot tell you any more at the present, time, as some knowledge will be given only to those who join."

"I will give you all one week in which to make your decision. You are to tell no one, not even your parents, about this. I must ask for your trust."

The students looked around at each other, completely nonplussed. I could see why. This was unreal. What would my decision be?

Chrono Storm
19th January 2005, 04:23 PM
Emily
_______

Emily snapped back into reality, completely forgetting about the robot.

Woah.

So. Dumbledore was signing them up for an army? To fight You-Know-Who? He was either joking, insane, or he didn't give a damn about their lives. Almost anyone who fought You-Know-Who died. You'd have to be crazy to consider it.

On the other hand... she'd always wanted to be a hero, hadn't she? Yes, instead of dreaming of being saved from a huge, fire-breathing dragon by a handsome prince on a gleaming white horse, she'd been the one saving the handsome prince from a giant fire-breathing horse on the back of a dragon. Then again, people always told her she was a weird kid... but that didn't matter anymore. Here was her chance, her shining moment to prove her worth... but was it honestly worth dying for? Would she only get five minutes of fame in her obituary? She could see it now: "Oh, what a brave girl she was, pity she died so young... so, what are the latest Quidditch scores?" And her parents... would they think that she'd done it on a foolish whim? She couldn't do that to them.

Well... these were just advanced classes. She wouldn't have to worry about fighting You-Know-Who for two years... and then... maybe, she'd be ready.

Crystal Tears
19th January 2005, 04:38 PM
.:\Strife/:.

Though seeming completely emotionless to the task appointed to him, Strife was actually very confused. Why would Dumbledore want him in hhis army? Strife was one of the kids who usually didn't stand out. Unless it came to something he enjoyed or was good at.
'Could be worth it...' Strife thought silently, now as a confused expression fell upon his face. He was silent, but listening, he could sware he could hear the other kids heart beat. Or maybe it was Dumbledores, either way it was way to quiet for him. 'Yeah worth it if you want to DIE.' A cruel thought, but non the less true, many people who had fought against Voldemort
(He's not afraid to say or think his name) ended up dead. And eventually forgotten. did he want to be one of those people? No, he wanted to become famous, and work with Magical Creatures and what nots. 'But maybe you can use your skills to help...' Another positive thought came busting in the front door to his mind, he rolled his eyes at his own thoughts, without anyone noticing. 'Yeah right. what skills?' It was like he was talking to himself, conflicting every thought, trying so hard to determine the out come...
'I'll think about it later...'

~CT

Bulbasaur4
19th January 2005, 06:04 PM
Kiiana
~ Gryffindor/F ~

Kiiana glanced oddly at Emily, but with a sure smile she gave a nod.
" My father used to teach me about muggle things. I know about Robots... they're neat little contraptions that do things with out magic or life."
A few students gazed at Kiiana oddly, but she didn't seem to let that phase her. She withdrew a sigh, but as she did so suddenly everything seemed to go into motion. Dumbledore soon came, and while a few students seemed always taken aback by seeing the headmaster in person... Kiiana felt oddly at home. She smiled at him, recieved her usual wink, and then listened to his words.

He spoke gravely about Lord Voldemort... which Kiiana rather nodded, not flinching but accepting his name for she was well-educated especially about that wizard, for more reasons than one. After listening about how the decision was given a week, Kiiana didn't see any reason to hesitate. Her answer had come swiftly and easily, as if she didn't even think to question it.

" I don't need to wait..." She spoke softly, seeing a few people blink away from their thoughts for a moment. Kiiana took a few steps towards Dumbledore, and he looked as if he almost expected such a reaction.
" I will join. You've done so much for me already... and based upon my living quarters, it just might as well be that I join to defend not only others, but myself."
Kiiana knew that many people wouldn't understand the content of those words and what they truelymeant... but Kiiana didn't care and had purposefuly been vague. Yet Dumbledore understood the meaning of it.
" I'm not afraid of Lord Voldemort. Not.... anymore..." Kiiana said her last words softly, as she gave a nod and Dumbledore understood. Kiiana turned around to leave, letting the others decide if they needed a week or not, Dumbledore softly spoke her name.
"Kiiana."
Kiiana turned around to the voice, her twin-toned eyes meeting the friendly eyes of the Head master. With out words, Kiiana understood. A few days now... perhaps even tomorrow.
" Goodbye." Kiiana gave a soft nod and then turned out back into the halls.

Mewtwo-D2
19th January 2005, 10:05 PM
Galatia Astraen
Slytherin
~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at Dumbledore with interest. This proposal certainly changed things, though the footnote about not alerting our parents also put things in a different perspective. I knew my parents would heartily approve, and maybe blot out the mark I had against me for being in Slytherin. However, a good deed unknown has no reward nor any recognition. But at the same time, I would be building contact and rapport with perhaps the most powerful of the next wizarding generation. I had never been one to bet on the losing horse, but this was a toss-up. Voldemort's power base was among an older generation- a generation that was certainly not immortal. Being in Slytherin was most likely a black mark against me in the eyes of three-quarters of my peers, and if I turned down this opportunity it would be as good as proclaiming to my peers that I was throwing my support behind Voldemort. Surely history would remember both sides, and it would be much better to be remembered as a brave and valiant warrior than as a cravenly coward.

Each pro and con ran through my head, carefully weighed and registered. Even with the winner unsure, the odds were better on Dumbledore, who had a wealth of experience dealing with things of this nature. When the blond Gryffindor stepped forward, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that my choice would have been made by simple fact of company, if I hadn't already decided.

"I will join as well, Headmaster," I said from my place near the back of the room. "One can only weigh options for so long before it becomes mind-numbingly dull."

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
20th January 2005, 04:04 AM
Esmerelda Tockley|F|Hufflepuff
----------------

Before Dumbledore had finished his speech, Esme already knew what her answer was going to be. The line her mouth had turned into could've been measured with a ruler. There was no one she'd tell, because her father was dead. Esme did not consider telling her mother.

She had not flinched when Voldemort's name popped up, simply because being afraid of him would have meant she was afraid of her sister, and whatever else she was, she was not afraid of her sister.

She hated her.

Not just for the murder of her father, that man who always had time off for her and who didn't laugh when she said that she liked strawberry as an ice cream flavour, and, against all odds, preferred her to her sister. As far as Esme could remember, her sister Lucretia had been the golden child: everyone liked her best. It wasn't nice when Lucretia had been Good and all her mother had done was to ask Esme questions like "Why can't you be more sociable, like your sister?"; but it was worse now that she was confirmed Bad and her mother had taken to saying: "Now, you must work hard so you will be accepted into the Order, dear," as if it was Esme's duty to be good in her sister's place.

Lucretia had liked drama, and Esme was pretty sure that was why she'd chosen to be Bad. It made a great tragedy, when the rebellious daughter turned on her family and ran off to follow her destiny, which incidentally turned out to be under a black star. She'd bet that Lucretia had even written a musical score for the damn thing.

She wasn't doing this because she wanted fame, and she wasn't doing it for the good of the magical world, either. At least, not primarily. These were secondary perks that came with the main reason of Personal Principle is always the Most Important. Besides, it was the right thing to do, and if there was something Esme knew she'd get around to eventually, it was doing the right thing. She'd been born to do it.

"Shall we begin, sir?" she said, raising her hand.

Chrono Storm
20th January 2005, 03:49 PM
Emily
_______

To hell with all this indecision. She'd been able to charm a few of the suits of armor around the castle into singing innapropriate songs about wizards' staves(with visual aids, thanks to her Transfiguration grade) and not get caught, which would be an advantage in espionage. She was one of the few Hufflepuffs that weren't constantly picked on by Snape(she was picked on every other class. The only person outside of Slytherin who was almost never corrected was Esme, which resulted in the Potions Master ignoring her 99% of the time). She'd managed to get perfect marks and a ton of O.W.L.s in Defense Against the Dark Arts last year even with that Umbridge... woman teaching. She survived a Blast-Ended-Skrewt attack. Herbology was a breeze. She remembered half the things in History of Magic from studying(she had trouble focusing in most classes without having a criminally boring teacher). She sucked at most forms of maths, yeah, but fighting Death Eaters wouldn't involve maths, would it? It would be dangerous, yeah, but it'd be exciting.

"Headmaster, I don't need any more time to decide," she said, trying(and failing) to look as tall as possible. "I'll join!"

Crystal Tears
20th January 2005, 06:40 PM
.:\Strife/:.

Strife saw these other kids around his age making up they're mind so fast. He cringed a bit, how could they be so sure? Or maybe it was something deeper, some in loathing for Voldemort. Strife had to admit, he Didn't care for Lord Voldemort, no afraid of him. To him, Voldemort was as dangerous as a blade of grass, why be afraid of something that would pay you no mind?
"Professor Dumbledore.." Strife Said, a little quieter then everyone else, he turned to Strife, looking at him from over the frames of his half moon glasses.
"Yes Strife?"
"I'll Join." Strife said, the nervousness building up again, causing him to look away from Dumbledores gaze.
"Glad To Have you."

Strife couldn't take the pressure anymore, he sped walked to the magical entrenace, and eventually found himself outside Dumbledores office. He sighed heavily, all the thoughts, both negative and positive crashing against eachother.

"What Have I gotten myself into?" He asked more himself then anyone around him at the time.

Milkychunk
21st January 2005, 12:41 PM
Leah King - Sixth Year - Female - Gryffindor

I was faintly aware of a few people agreeing to join Dumbledore's Army, but my mind was so deep in thought that I didn't really notice. (And yes, I do actually think. How else am I supposed to keep my good grades?)

Fighting Voldermort was most definately a big deal. And yes, I said his name. I am a Gryffindor after all. He may of killed so many people, but I'm not about to be scared of a name. It's just a name after all. But back to what I was thinking about, To fight Voldermort would be suicide. People die for fighting against Voldermort. We're all still students, only 16 and 17.

"Have you gone mad?" I asked, my voice cutting through the chatter or thoughts of the other students. I hadn't even realised I'd said it until I saw everyone looking at me.

I lifted my head to look Dumbledore and I saw his blue eyes twinkling mischeviously.
"No, Miss King, I am still perfectly sane." Dumbledore replied.

I just nodded.

Sure, I would pratically be asking to be killed if I fought against Voldermort, but some things are worth dieing for. Like innocent children who can't even say the word Voldermort, or anyone else for that matter.

My head was starting to hurt from all my thoughts.

I suddenly realised that I had been thinking for nearly twenty minutes, which was so unlike me. Usually I would do what I felt was right, run in there head-first and not take a second thought towards the consequences. Why should this be any different?

The answer: It shouldn't and it isn't.

"I'm in." I said, well kinda half-muttered and half-shouted. But either way, I was in and they knew it.

Perfect Chaos
21st January 2005, 06:18 PM
Shaan Kishore-M-Slytherin
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
It was a bit odd, entering Dumbledore's office and seeing that there were a handful of other students from the other houses there waiting. However one of them struck me awkwardly when I first saw her. It was Kiiana. I've fancied her ever since I first saw her, and have had secret feelings for her. However, most of them I kept well inside of me. After all, I was a Slytherin, and she was a Gryffindor. How could it possibly work out.

Soon enough, the very famous Headmaster of Hogwarts, Professor Dumbledore, entered into his office. I noticed how everyone seemed to be a bit more alert once his presence was made. Unlike the other Slytherins, I held Dumbledore with great respect, recognizing his awesome power and as one of the greatest wizards in history. After all, he was known as "The One He Feared," "He" being the Dark Lord Voldemort.

Once he entered, Dumbledore went straight onto buisness. He explained how Voldemort had finally returned. I noticed that only a few people, myself included, didn't flinch at the sound of his name being mentioned. I guess after knowing that my father was a most important Death Eater turned renegade, it didn't really matter to me anymore. He also explained that he felt that the Ministry of Magic would not be able to defeat the Dark Lord on their own, and thus felt it was necessary to create what he called as Dumbledore's Army. He also explained that those who decided to join would be instructed in the most advanced magic to combat Voldemort. And thus, he finished by giving us a week's notice on whether we would join or not.

"I don't need to wait..." someone said, a female. I recognized the voice as Kiiana's. "I will join. You've done so much for me already... and based upon my living quarters, it just might as well be that I join to defend not only others, but myself." she explained. I didn't know much about Kiiana's past, but based on what she said, I could only infer that she too was affected by the Dark Lord's prior presence.

It seemed that almost everyone else also agreed to join with Dumbledore's Army. However, I noticed that I had not personally also agreed. Why shouldn't I join...this is the perfect chance for revenge... I thought sinisterly. Yes...revenge...it was the one thing that I wanted against Voldemort...just like everyone else. Yet, I could not find myself to step forward and accept Dumbledore's offer. I was partially startled as I found myself actually exiting his office, without saying another word to anyone else...

Hmm, seems he's not so sure of himself...lol

-$∑@π

Malheur
27th January 2005, 02:57 PM
I'm sorry everyone (though maybe you aren't) but I'm leaving TPM for good...I just haven't the time to come here anymore, with school getting even harder, and tennis season starting...It's nothing against anyone here.
The lovely Becki has agreed to take responsiblity for this RPG...
Au revoir...

ChobiChibi
28th January 2005, 02:19 PM
Um, for those who don't know, Becki is me ^^;
~Willow~
This would be interesting. Very interesting indeed. He chose us, over all other students in the school, to become part of his army... That alone was an honour.
"Dumbledore... May i have a couple of minutes to think?" I asked.
"I've given you a week."
"I only need two minutes..."
He nodded.
What had He-who-must-not-be-named done to her? Nothing directly. He had done nothing to her parents either. Or anybody in her family, infact. Although, that wasn't really the point. It was more what he had done to everybody.
Having thought about it more, i realised that he had done something. He had killed my grandparents. They were muggle. No chance of facing him. But why did he target muggles anyway? What could they do to him?
Now she had a reason to go a head. One to fight for her grandparents who couldn't defend themselves and two to fight for those who can't.
"Okay, count me in." I said, a smile spreading across my face.
I walked out of the office and down the stairs slowly. I didn't know exactly why i went so slowly. Maybe sub conciously i was thinking i was gonna fall over...
"What Have I gotten myself into?"
I peered round the bottom of the stairs. "Strife? Are you having second thoughts?" I asked, jumping the last two stairs to land infront of him.

Ciaobat
3rd February 2005, 04:51 AM
Cade Duham • Slytherin
~~~~^~~~~^~~~~^~~~~
Cade watched as most of the other students seemed to be agreeing and leaving. It was strange to him that he should be asked to join in the first place. He stared at some metallic, very active object without seeing it. There were not many reasons to join, and quite a lot of reasons not to. The prospect of learning so much more in the Army was a very alluring one, but then there was the matter of the commitment to a possibly deadly and visibly one-sided war. He didn't really have any interest in fighting Voldemort. Of course, he realized he should care more about helping people, but to him Voldemort was simply an implied name in the pages of the Prophet..

He looked to Dumbledore, who didn't seem to see him, and quietly left the office, accepting the time to consider the offer. He unconsciously felt that perhaps it would give him something to care about, which was something of even more value than the knowledge he'd gain. He inspected the stairs as he slowly made his way down them, heading back to class.

Crystal Tears
5th February 2005, 10:11 AM
oops..

//:|Strife|:\\

"Uhh." Strife began, a little startled at the girl landing in front of him. He frowned and bit and stood up, not knowing why, but he didn't like to fly like he was being looked down upon. "Not really.. Well, maybe..." He said, not sure of his own thoughts as the crashed into the sides of his head and came out of his mouth as jumbles of nothing.
"Strife having Regrets. Now theres a shocker."
Strife frowned at this comment, no doubt that she had some, but they weren't as obvious as him. He rather show that he have regrest, other then hide them behind a smile.
"Either way, I'm doing this. There's no way I'm backing down." Strife annouced, sounding a bit more mature and brave then usual. Willow giigled at his comical pose of a hero.

ChobiChibi
9th February 2005, 02:31 PM
~Willow~
"Come now, Superman. Back to class time." I said, beginning to wander off towards my next class: charms.
Strife looked a little confused for a second before he asked "What's Superman?"
"Oh, i forget you're... Yeah. Anyway, it is a muggle program on television. He's a hero. Klark Kent? Louis Lane? Any of those names ring a bell?"
He shook his head. I laughed. Being half blood had its advantages. You get the best of both worlds. The magic to do the work and the muggle-ness for their way of life, i guess.
Before i knew it, we'd arrived outside the classroom. Professor Flitwick looked at us expectantly. I looked at Strife, he looked at me. We had no idea what he wanted of us.
"Why are you late?" Flitwick finally asked, his arms folded and a stern look on his face.
"Professor Dumbledor asked to see us." answered Strife.
"Did you give him detention or something, Miss Sanders?"
"No... I wouldn't give him one just because i can." I argued.
"Don't be late again then."
We followed him into his classroom and the lesson began.