PDA

View Full Version : Life is Random: New iPod campaign

kainashi
10th January 2005, 11:31 AM
We cannot show the images of the new iPod because we were forced to delete them from our cameras, but we can describe it. It is without any screen (that's maybe because the slogan is "Life is random!"), small, with a shape more vertical than the other iPod. The color is white, and it seems like a small remote control that fits confortably in a single hand.

more info here (http://www.macitynet.it/english/aA20182/index.shtml)

--

kind of weird that it doesn't have a screen but i'm sure people will still eat it up since it's from apple! :keke:

Syberia
11th January 2005, 12:07 AM
Wow, that's retarded. I'd like to be able to choose what I listen to in an organized fashion.

Animelee
11th January 2005, 11:26 AM
Maybe the old [good] models will finally get cheaper when these ones come out... hopefully.

I don't see how they could possibly think this is going to sell well. o.o

Water Pokemon Master
12th January 2005, 07:51 PM
Just saw the new iPod on the news. It is white and is like a stick with all the play controls on it. They also said it is much more affordable then the older ones.

kainashi
12th January 2005, 08:10 PM
http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

actually not overpriced. :oh: not too bad either.

Water Pokemon Master
12th January 2005, 08:12 PM
Yeah, that's the one I saw. It looks more like a USB flash drive to me...I like the older ones better.

HavoX
12th January 2005, 08:14 PM
heh

well get this... if you look at the bottom of the iPod Shuffle main site, you'll see four things you should be aware of when owning an iPod Shuffle:

1.) Music capacity is based on 4 minutes per song and 128Kbps AAC encoding.

2.) DO NOT EAT IPOD SHUFFLE http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Honushi/smilies/lol.gif

3.) Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings.

4.) Some computers require either the optional iPod shuffle Dock or a USB cable extender.

kainashi
12th January 2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah, that's the one I saw. It looks more like a USB flash drive to me...I like the older ones better.you can use it as a usb flash drive. which is kind of cool, i guess.

you can't compare them either. this is for the flash player market, not the hard drive based players market like the regular ipods.

homeofmew
12th January 2005, 08:26 PM
there will be more teacher in school telling you
not to chew gum, but yo say its your new ipod.

Icymew
12th January 2005, 08:46 PM
looks awesome, getting one next week

Kris
13th January 2005, 09:11 AM
I think its a pretty good idea, goes well with the new mac that they just released aswell.

Its cheaper, so it doesnt hold as much as music and doesnt look as good as the original models.

But for what your paying then I think its pretty damn good :)

kainashi
13th January 2005, 10:11 AM
I think its a pretty good idea, goes well with the new mac that they just released aswell.

Its cheaper, so it doesnt hold as much as music and doesnt look as good as the original models.

But for what your paying then I think its pretty damn good :)on the subject of the mac mini, i am seriously considering one. i feel so dirty. :(

Cheesey
13th January 2005, 10:59 AM
That actually looks good. I was skeptical when it said it didn't have a screen but it looks good. I would get one if I didn't already have a mini iPod because the shuffle is the only feature I ever really use nowadays. I always thought I'd spend ages playing with the other features, but... I didn't. It was mainly just a matter of preference instead of getting some other mp3 player. I liked the fact that it was blue. And it works.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Since I know a lot of people just use the shuffle and not much else and that 1GB is plenty of space for most people (250 songs on average isnt it?) I think it'll be popular. It's a good idea so I think I'll end upseeing a bunch of people in the area with them dangling off their jackets...

phaedrus
13th January 2005, 04:33 PM
i like my ipod just as much, i wouldn't really look into this...

Ice Rabbit
13th January 2005, 07:56 PM
Doesn't look too good, but I almost laughed at the, "Do not eat the iPod Shuffle," joke. I'd rather get a regular iPod.

Kris
14th January 2005, 04:53 AM
on the subject of the mac mini, i am seriously considering one. i feel so dirty. :(

Now thats something I didnt ever expect to hear....

My friend Ben lives in a pretty small flat and doesnt really have enough money to afford a decent computer. Hes always wanted a mac, and now with the mac mini he can finally get one.

He can plug it into his TV and hes borrowing an old keyboard and mouse of mine. So its made him very very happy!

The ipod shuffle is no where as good as the original ipod (in my opinion) but if you dont want that much memory and cant afford an i pod then its a great invention!

Its just the cheaper version.

kainashi
14th January 2005, 11:37 AM
i'll probably wait and get it for my birthday if i do get one. :)

RedStarWarrior
14th January 2005, 07:11 PM
I am not a big fan of Apple, but atleast they are popularizing preexisting technology. I would atleast go test out the IPod Shuffle, but I already bought a watch the other day that plays mp3s. I find it to be a better waste of my money.

Powarun
14th January 2005, 09:26 PM
I was thinking of buying one of those new ipods with some left over christmas money. But instead I will leave the money in the bank and wait until I can save up for an ibook. (Not a powerbook) II was surprised that Apple took out their hardrive in the new shuffle but I guess that and the LCD screen is what made it expcensive.

kainashi
14th January 2005, 10:04 PM
flash memory is a lot cheaper to produce now than it was a while back. they have two different companies make the modules though. samsung is making the 512mb modules and someone else, i forgot who, is making the 1gb modules. could have that mixed up though. :sweat4:

Craig
14th January 2005, 11:58 PM
I already bought a watch the other day that plays mp3s. I find it to be a better waste of my money.

:confused: the headphones plug into your wrist?

the Ipod shuffle looks pretty stupid. Not being able to see all the songs you have sort of defeats the purpos of the ipod: ridiculous amounts of storage

If I had the option to get any Ipod variant, of course I would pick the ipod photo :)

kainashi
15th January 2005, 12:46 AM
:confused: the headphones plug into your wrist?

the Ipod shuffle looks pretty stupid. Not being able to see all the songs you have sort of defeats the purpos of the ipod: ridiculous amounts of storage

If I had the option to get any Ipod variant, of course I would pick the ipod photo :)it's not really that stupid. apple is just trying to have the market as a whole. hard drive and flash based. :monocle:

Powarun
15th January 2005, 06:31 PM
Just wait until people start bashing Apple for, wait it is already happening. Now we just need Moneysoft to whack Apple with a giant hammer, and staking a flag with the microsoft logo on it through the Apple.

Kris
17th January 2005, 12:47 PM
My brothers looking at the new i pod. He really wants an mp3 player but has hardly any music and isnt worried about having them all stored at once anyways.

So as you can see the new one is the best for him. Where as I love my 20GB i pod!

Lezta
17th January 2005, 12:54 PM
I remember when I first got my iPod. I was cool because no-one had a clue what it was.

Sigh.

I suck now.