PDA

View Full Version : Worlds will be in San Diego, CA

Water Pokemon Master
10th January 2005, 02:19 PM
You heard it correctly. This year, the Pokemon Worlds tournament will be heald in San Diego, CA.

This is so cool! I can actually have my dad drive me there since it is only a one and a half hour drive. :D

Alec Trevelyan
10th January 2005, 07:10 PM
cool, its 8 hours traveling by plane for me! first of all i need to win brasilian nationals to travel =). i dont know, i feel i'll do great, every big tourney i played i got at last in 4th place =P.

Water Pokemon Master
10th January 2005, 10:50 PM
Cool, we can all meet up if we all get to go. :)

Last Exile
10th January 2005, 11:04 PM
Well, I'll try my best to win the Aussie nationals or that another SOuth Australian gets in! Maybe they might take the top 2 this time, maybe not. Still, will do my best! Hope they have some decent anime stores in California!

Water Pokemon Master
11th January 2005, 12:49 AM
You play Pokemon, Last Exile?

Last Exile
11th January 2005, 01:56 AM
wrong game :sweat:

Water Pokemon Master
11th January 2005, 02:23 AM
LOL, did you not read the first post? :lol:

Dark-San
11th January 2005, 05:30 AM
Well I doubt Singapore has an organiser that currently bother to organise a qualifying pokemon tourney for the Worlds. So guys hopefully I am wrong and Roarkiller and Jess can meet ya guys at San Deigo.

Alec Trevelyan
11th January 2005, 07:37 AM
so guys, we better all win :P to meet each other

joehardyreturns
12th January 2005, 04:37 AM
Well I doubt Singapore has an organiser that currently bother to organise a qualifying pokemon tourney for the Worlds. So guys hopefully I am wrong and Roarkiller and Jess can meet ya guys at San Deigo.

Dark Youth, do you go to the tournaments often?
We have CCs and SCs (high possibility) this year.
And that last year we had a Nationals winner that went to States I think.
But he simply flunked and we heard nothing of him until lately, when i saw him, he seems to be preoccupied in YGH now.
Mind PM me on who u are?
Me's Joseph.

What i meant overall is that there should be a Nationals for qualifiers but for Stadiums, i dunnoe.
Do anyone noe the minimum number of players from each age group to be present to have an age group tournament?
We had 10 for nats last year so only 1 singaporean went west..

Roarkiller
12th January 2005, 06:44 AM
wrong game :sweat:

No no no, you simply have yet to come to the correct side, my young friend :D

And yeah dkyouth, we had worlds. Damn, and i thought u knew, considering the number of times i wailed bout me losing out in the final round. That painful moment is etched deeply inside my memory, burning for all eternity...

San Diego, California, Disneyland, none of that really matters to me. What i need is a place in the tourney itself to actually BE there, and to do that, i have to participate in the worlds which i still can't confirm, and WIN that tourney. Sad to say, almost every tourney i played in these days seem to slam me straight down into 2nd place at most. 1st place yes, but a tie with someone else, or two or three :sweat:

On a side note, I don't think my country will get stadium challenge, but its a nice thought. What i REALLY want to suggest to my TO is to organize a tourney every month, so we can actually rack up some pts.

Also, i doubt dkyouth would return to playing professional pkmn. I'd dare say he's too busy with YGH.

Water Pokemon Master
12th January 2005, 08:51 AM
Disneyland is over 100 miles away from San Diego, buddy. :)

homeofmew
12th January 2005, 08:30 PM
WHY NOT in Texas!
I don't know if I can make it.
I might go if WPM is there.. THAT
would be intresting...

Dark-San
13th January 2005, 05:13 AM
Also, i doubt dkyouth would return to playing professional pkmn. I'd dare say he's too busy with YGH.

True True. I havn't been playing cards that regularly since the tsunami disaster. So I still wouldn't get back to pokemon yet as I'm still concentrating on YGO.

However isn't it better tis way? Had I get back into pokemon TCG, Roarkiller would have one more tough opponent in hand when it comes to tournament!

@Joehardy~ Joseph? Never heard of the name before. Besides you wouldn't know me anywayz. I've quit pokemon a long time ago. Maybe its been a year plus.

Alec Trevelyan
13th January 2005, 06:53 AM
Disneyland is over 100 miles away from San Diego, buddy. :)

i've heard LEGOLAND is fine too 8)

Roarkiller
13th January 2005, 07:41 AM
However isn't it better tis way? Had I get back into pokemon TCG, Roarkiller would have one more tough opponent in hand when it comes to tournament!

The only player i admit i can't defeat is Fauzi, the guy with the Dk Muk deck last time at DCI. Otherwise, i fear no one. The tougher the op, the better the game.

@WPM: 100 miles or 1000 miles, it is still on the other side of the globe for me.

Dark-San
13th January 2005, 07:55 AM
Well agreeable, the tougher the game gets, the more interesting the tournament will go. Who wants to see a game where by the the Number 1 would wallop the weak one?

Its good to fear no one but theres no such thing as "There is a player I can't win." -_-" I played with Fauzi before and I only could pull off a draw. So yupz hes tough but not totally unbeatable.

joehardyreturns
14th January 2005, 06:59 AM
Roar killer's quite tough too.. since last year's Nationals, I only pull a draw against him and 3 loses..
For monthly tournaments, TO said that its possible as long as there is a header in time like 2 wks b4 hand. Then he can sanction it.
After he comes back fomr reservice.
You'll see him a week before CC.
Dark Youth: I quit Poké during the Wotc and PUI change over and only returned at the 1st Prerelease PUI had in Singapore, EX: Team Magma Aqua.
So i'm not a newcomer but one who plays quietly.

Roarkiller
14th January 2005, 07:49 AM
Roar killer's quite tough too.. since last year's Nationals, I only pull a draw against him and 3 loses..
For monthly tournaments, TO said that its possible as long as there is a header in time like 2 wks b4 hand. Then he can sanction it.
After he comes back fomr reservice.
You'll see him a week before CC.
Dark Youth: I quit Poké during the Wotc and PUI change over and only returned at the 1st Prerelease PUI had in Singapore, EX: Team Magma Aqua.
So i'm not a newcomer but one who plays quietly.

I'm not tough. I juz play in some funny way no one expects, so few ppl can figure out how to defeat me. Its my style, which works very well for me.

Well then, if its possible, then i might be ditching my plan to go to thailand after all. Unless camp work gets too much for me, then no amount of tourney would make me stay (except maybe worlds).

joehardyreturns
15th January 2005, 07:52 AM
Good.. I would like u win Stadiums or Nationals since the party crasher zheng yang wun be here this year.