3 Steven's advice
3 TVR
3 POR
3 Rare candy
2 Switch
2 Pokemon retriever
2 Island cave
3 Archie

okay, the deck is a blasty ex deck, with a single difference: HL's electrode. The card is pretty good against EX's, this is fact, or anything really "big". The point is not that the card gives you "advantage" against big stuff, but this card affect your opponent directly on his mind, how?! simply, after playing many times, against many decks with electrode (doesnt matter which deck you put him, but it fits better on blaziken or blastoise decks), i saw that every oponent i played with was "afraid" of electrode, and then, nobody sent something like gardevoir EX as attacker, mostly blaziken EX can hit electrode on the bench, but then blasty EX would kill it easily. So, thats the point, electrode stays on the bench w/out any energy, cuz blasty could easy pump it (or blaziken or blaze decks).
The rest of the deck: delcatty doesnt need any explain, TA's walrein is big, fast, and does many damage. Milotic is here to cure all pokemons that received damage by blasty's pokepower, also it has a good attack, and 100 hp for stage 1 is fine. What about this deck?! I'm sorry but i just have 2 blasty EX currently, trying to trade more (but noone have here in my area :sweat4: ).
So, i need suggestions, regionals are comming in 2 weeks :drool:

sybersaur3000
10th January 2005, 07:46 PM
Uh... how do you get TA's Walrein in play if theres no TA spheal or sealio?

Take one squirtle or 2 out and put some energy!

Alec Trevelyan
10th January 2005, 10:22 PM
Uh... how do you get TA's Walrein in play if theres no TA spheal or sealio?

Take one squirtle or 2 out and put some energy!

take a look at a card called ARCHIE :sweat4: :drool:

Water Pokemon Master
10th January 2005, 10:53 PM
Toooo many evolution lines, Alec. I would suggest you drop the Milotic line and TA Walrein, and then add in Magneton. What do you think about that?

Alec Trevelyan
11th January 2005, 07:43 AM
Toooo many evolution lines, Alec. I would suggest you drop the Milotic line and TA Walrein, and then add in Magneton. What do you think about that?

i agree with you wpm, the main problem about magneton is that its too weak, then, something kills magneton, so i need to put blasty ex to attack, becuz i dont have any other good thing to attack which is not an EX. maybe i should drop katty line to add magneton, then i would have walrein, magneton, blasty and even milotic to attack. As i cant get back the energies from discard pile :( . i need more playtests, but i'll test with your suggestion too.

joehardyreturns
12th January 2005, 04:45 AM
Brave attempts on kamikazee.
you should use warp point to lure the EXs out of the hole.

Roarkiller
12th January 2005, 07:28 AM
Yes, warp point works well.

A rather radical design, and theoretically, according to your descriptions and observances, it should work well. However, i would like to point out several glaring mistakes:

-Electrode wastes 3 energy for a one-time attack. You'd be MUCH better off using charizard-EX, which is already unsuable as it is.

-Following that, you don't have a single card that gets back ur energy, which is what ur deck is running on i.e. ur deck is HIGHLY dependant on energy flow, which from the design is highly lacking. Even a couple of energy recycle systems wouldve been nice.

-Seeing electrode, any player with brains would have enough sense to ready a backup attacker on the bench, ready to attack at the next pkmn. Effectively, electrode works somewhat like chansey bomb, which has a painful flaw of giving your opponent a possible free prize. With this, its a GUARANTEED prize.

-Following that, on situations where your opp has less prizes left than u, he would very much NOT mind sacrificing a pkmn for a free prize. Even better if he can KO a pkmn before u send out electrode, and has a possible chance of KOing the next pkmn u send out.

-Milotic's power is only activated when you evolve feebas. Early in the game, this is NOT a very good idea. Plus, if your opp already has at least 3 damage counters, which is rather likely, ur effectively doing only 50 for 4 energy, which is obviously not the most efficient attack. And with a retreat cost of CC, its even harder to hit-and-run for a 2-turn KO.

-Walrein's combo effectively reduces its HP to a mediocre 60. Unless u r trying to lure out a big pkmn for electrode to massacre, this is a very dangerous combo to use, and one reason why this deck didnt really take off. Milotic might solve the problem but...

- ... the problem right now is that unless u can get milotic out, provided u killed the defending pkmn before hand AND survive the 1st wave of attack, Walrein is pretty much defenseless. And considering that u don't have briney to pull back milotic for continual usage of its power, it further complicates the problem.

*-Star because this is a major problem many ppl can see at first glance: excessive evolution. D00d, you gotta remember that ur bench is limited to 6, hence u CANNOT expect to have everything u want out. Also, with the exception of walrein, all other evolutions r restricted to only 2 copies, and with no celio or other similar cards, ur basically shooting urself in the foot with continuous problems of drawing the wrong basic/evolution.

Theres probably more, but these r all that i will list out for now. Iron these problems out, then u might have a proper PRACTICAL working deck. It may be good against EX pkmn, but pls remember that there r as many decks that do not depend on EX as their main offense.

Alec Trevelyan
12th January 2005, 07:54 AM
Sup guys, after some suggestions i made a newer version... see it:

3 Dunsparce
3 Squirtle
1 Wartortle
2 Blasty EX
1 Voltorb
1 Electrode (HL)
2 TA's Walrein
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
2 Magnemite
2 Magneton

4 Eletric
12 Water (hey, now i dont need THAT much since i can get back with magneton)

3 Steven's advice
3 TVR
3 POR
3 Rare candy
3 Life Herb (just to use on TA's Walrein)
2 Warp point
2 Pokemon retriever
2 Island cave
2 Archie

So, now electrode goes as "TeCH", as a surprise stuff, just to be used once against big EX, and life herb will try to do milotic's job (i'm sorta lucky with life herb :P). Better?!

Water Pokemon Master
12th January 2005, 08:49 AM
Alec, you do not need Walrein. If you MUST use some other power attacker, use Quagsire at least. :)

24-
4 Dunsparce
3 Squirtle
1 Wartortle
2 Blasty EX
2 Upaa
2 Quagsire
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
3 Magnemite
3 Magneton

16-
4 Eletric
12 Water

3 Steven's advice
3 TVR
2 copycat
2 POR
4 Rare candy
2 Warp point
2 Pokemon retriever
2 Low Pressure System (for Magneton)

Try that out. :)

Alec Trevelyan
12th January 2005, 07:12 PM
yeah, i agree with you, today i playtested a LOT, and TA's walrein isnt working as i expected =/
quaggy is good cuz you can put all the damn energies on it and it doesnt hurt =)
btw, isnt 3/3 magneton line a bit "high"? maybe 2/2 is fine, no? but 24 pokémons wont make me loose becuz i didnt get something...
another thing i saw is that its not all the time i can use a supporter =/, and rocket's admin simply BREAKS my deck, omfg, this card is =/ meh. So, i'm seriouly thinking about changing catty line to pidgeot line, but then, this wouldnt works with magneton, oh crap, now i'm lost inside my own deck

homeofmew
12th January 2005, 08:28 PM
too many pokemon, cut it to
a 3-3-3 blasty ex and a 2-2 Trode
and 3 sparce

Roarkiller
13th January 2005, 07:31 AM
Pkmn(22)
3 squirtle
1 wartortle
3 b-ex
2 wooper
2 quaggy
2 skitty
2 delcatty
3 dunsparce
2 magnemite
2 magneton

Trainers(22)
3 POR
3 steven
3 TVR
3 celio
2 briney
2 switch/warp
4 candy
2 pkmn retriever (im seeing this as a very useful staple?)

4 lightning
12 water

I'm actually thinking of adding another briney here, considering that quaggy and magneton both have only average HP, and quaggy eats up a lot of energy. Draw cards, im leaving it alone since its up to ur own style.

Vex 47
17th January 2005, 03:25 AM
The world champion in 11-15 used Magnetons and he didn't have a problem keeping them alive.

Roarkiller
17th January 2005, 09:08 AM
The world champion in 11-15 used Magnetons and he didn't have a problem keeping them alive.

My friend uses magneton and he has trouble keeping even his magnemite alive.

Its not the pkmn, its the deck, and how the user uses the deck. U can put it a bunch of gardy-ex and blasty-ex tpgether and it still wouldnt work if its poorly constructed, or u can't use the deck properly.

Water Pokemon Master
17th January 2005, 12:16 PM
Low Pressure System gives Magneton 80 HP. That usually lets it live for a while.

Roarkiller
18th January 2005, 06:35 AM
Low Pressure System gives Magneton 80 HP. That usually lets it live for a while.

Dunno bout ur metagame, but here, anything less than 90HP often gets knocked out in 2 turns flat. Minimum damage is 40 here.

Water Pokemon Master
18th January 2005, 11:15 PM
How can something be knocked out in two turns if you keep it on the bench? *hint hint*

joehardyreturns
19th January 2005, 02:38 AM
The decks that play here can kill big.. but not as fast as Magneton goes.
Thats why i often like to play fast.. against Leo's Magneton..

Roarkiller
19th January 2005, 07:46 AM
IF it stays on the bench. Once it comes out, its gone in 2 or 3.

In fact, whenever i use furret and if a strong attacker happens to be the defending, i usually juz sacrifice it after its done with its job of getting me cards i need. Frees up bench space, if anything.

Vex 47
27th January 2005, 09:33 PM
I'm posting to apologize about my previous post in here; that guy didn't win at worlds, he got second place. He lost to a Japanese player with a Team Magma deck.
And also, that guy who got 2nd had boost energies to rely on so, when EX Deoxys releases in a few days (prerelease) you might want to consider those for your Magnetons. You could toss the Double Rainbows in favor of them.

Roarkiller
28th January 2005, 07:38 AM
The moment boost reappears, expect gardys to make a comeback. Tho other pkmn r equally lethal, like say, 1st turn wiggly ex?

But then we got enough threat from 1st turn blastoise ex already.

Water Pokemon Master
28th January 2005, 10:50 PM
You never know what they might do to Boost Energy. I can imagine it saying:

You can only attach Boost Energy to Evolved Pokemon. (Boost Energy cannot be attached to EX Pokemon)

Vex47
31st January 2005, 02:08 AM
The Boost Energies are exactly the same as they used to be: Provides three colorless energy, discard at end of turn. This is mucho good news for me, I run a Gardy deck. (Smiles evilly)

Water Pokemon Master
31st January 2005, 02:15 AM
We don't know that for sure yet. They have not been produced in English yet.

Vex47
31st January 2005, 07:00 PM
Oh, come on dude! We're pretty much 99% sure that they do say the same thing. The Japanese translation says almost to the letter what I just quoted. They never change the card so much that, when translated, it plays completely different. The only real changes that are ever made are to make it not sound so awkward as a direct translation would.

Vex47
31st January 2005, 07:02 PM

Water Pokemon Master
31st January 2005, 09:30 PM
The translations done by GreatFox are not always accurate, though they are most of the time. I have a feeling he could had just taken what we know boost energy of being and used that text instead of actually translating the Japanese card. That is why some people at the Gym are a little uneasy with using Gardevoir right now, because we will not know for sure until Boost is released here in a few weeks to whether or not it can be used on EXs. Hopefully it will be able to.

Roarkiller
1st February 2005, 07:10 AM
Send me scan and i'll settle ur dispute.

Water Pokemon Master
1st February 2005, 08:47 AM
I don't have one. :p

Vex 47
1st February 2005, 05:58 PM
I guess its plausible that I could be wrong. But there really hasn't been a situation where they have changed the mechanics of a card from language to language. Because then international tournaments wouldn't mesh very well. I guess we'll all be able to find out for ourselves in a couple of days. I'll try to get ahold of a scan.

Vex47
6th February 2005, 12:46 AM
(I'm just going to gloat for a second) It is official! Boost Energy remains unchanged and exactly as it was! As can be expected I am most happy about this and have already added four to my Gardy deck. Booyah!