PDA

View Full Version : The cards I want from Flaming Eternity + a much-needed discussion on Beast decks!

Last Exile
10th January 2005, 11:18 PM
okay, two things here.

First, I looked through the Flaming Eternity setlist, and these are the ones I want:

Sage-Keiroon
Rare
Level 4/1800/1000/Earth/Beast-Warrior
Effect: Discard a Magic card from your hand, destroy one Magic or Trap Card on the field. This effect can only be used once per turn.

Feathers of Phoenix God
Normal Magic
Super Rare
Discard 1 card from your hand, place one card from your Graveyard on top of your deck.

Lightning Vortex
Normal Magic
Super Rare
Discard 1 card from your hand, destroy all face-up monsters on the field.

Sealing Swords of Darkness
Continuous Magic
Rare
When this card is activated, all your opponent's face up monsters are switched to face down defense mode. While this card is on the field, your opponent can't change the battle positions of their mosnters. This card is destroyed at the end of the 2nd End Phase after this card was activated.

And maybe this one...

Deck Destruction Virus of Magic
Normal Trap
Super Rare
Sacrifice one Dark type monster on your side of the field with an attack fo 2000 or less and send it to the Graveyard. Then, check your opponents hand and field for monsters with an attack of 1500 or (MORE OR LESS?! which one is it?!) and send them to the graveyard. For the next three turns, if your opponent draws a monster which has an attack of 1500 or (More or less?!), it is immediately discarded to the Graveyard.

Can someone tell me if it's less or more? If it's less then 1500, I won't use it.

Okay, now on to Beast decks. Some people in my meta have made a couple of Beast decks and frankly they're beginning to get scary. Reasons:

1. Discard any beast or Beast-Warrior type mosnter in their hand to revive Manticore of Darkness and Special Summon it back during their End Phase.

2. They can sacrifice...SCAPEGOAT TOKENS to bring back Manticore!

3. King Tiger Wanchu prevents monsters that are 1400 atk or less from coming out.

4. Beserk Gorilla is 2000 atk.

5. Sage-Keiroon can blow up magic and traps.

6. Manticore will almost always come back -> they have field control!

Can someone tell me if there's a specific way to stop Beast decks? Their field control and overall power is becoming pretty concerning!

SWAMPERT1
10th January 2005, 11:47 PM
Lightning Vortex and maybe DDVM are the only cards I want from the next set (BTW, when does it come out).

For Deck Destruction Virus of Magic its LESS.

Beasts are getting preety powerful + they can get some great trample. I found to beat a beast deck, out swarm, control and overpower them. Undead decks seem to do the job for that and I know from first hand experience. Also, do you think TIV / X Virus will be banned so pure theme decks can be put into mass use? Wouldn't it be neat if Dinosaur decks could take the best of Undead/ Beast/ ect?

Last Exile
11th January 2005, 12:14 AM
I have a lot of control-oriented cards in my deck, but the guy who made it is using Card Destruction and Cyber Jar, which is giving him a lot of ways to boost his beast power and getting Manticore going.

I'm not using Cyber Jar again for that reason. Also I'm not going to even side deck Card Destruction. They help the opponent far too much.

Okay, I ain't using DDVM then. There aren't enough mosnters in decks with that atk power to warrant it.

I think I'll go after Lightning Vortex, Feathers of Phoenix God, Sealing Swords of Darkness and Sage-Keiroon then.

As for when Falimng Eternity comes out, the store I go to reckons they'll have it in February.

The Muffin Man
11th January 2005, 12:24 AM
DDVM doesn't seem to have a real use beyond taking out a few choice effect monsters. Even still, if it was removed from play rather than destroyed it'd be a lot better(Chaos becomes difficult to summon when all your Angels, DDWL, and Tomatoes are all RFG ;))

Dark-San
11th January 2005, 05:24 AM
2. They can sacrifice...SCAPEGOAT TOKENS to bring back Manticore!

Yes, I forgot to mentioned that combo. I saw the user using this combo once but his deck wasn't that of Chaos. So I ignore the whole stuffs.

As for Deck Destruction Virus of Magic, you can ignore it. Not worth playing. So yupz for your info.

Nace
12th January 2005, 01:10 AM
I think DDVM has some potential for side decks at least, considering burn's growing popularity. It might work against control too, I'd have to playtest it.

Last Exile
12th January 2005, 01:35 AM
Nace, I'm from SOuth Autralia too! Hav eyou qualified for the Nationals yet, or or you competing in the 2nd regionals this Sunday?!

Actually the person in my meta HAS combined it with Chaos! And it is working well! THAT's why I'm concerned. He's got Beasts along with Banisher of the Light going and it's messing people up. I'm just glad he ain't able to compete at the nationals because he's in America then.

Still, it's not as good as Dave Hill's warrior beatdown.

Sage-Keiroon sounds too situational. The three magic cards seem fine for use though.

Nace
12th January 2005, 04:53 AM
Nah, I'm not going to any tourneys until I've finished my water deck. I am, however, going to the duelist league at TTP on saturday for the 10:00 session if you wanna catch me.

Back on topic, Keiroon is good because, as someone from pojo (I think) put it, it turns every spell in your hand into MST. Good if they're pulling the old horus/royal decree or if you have a hand full of stuff like terraforming/reload/gather your mind/etc. It's basically like having an extra breaker or three (depending on the limitations). I'm certainly going to consider it in my decks until I get breaker for myself.

Last Exile
13th January 2005, 02:12 AM
What's TTP? The best stuff to go to is Battlezone Gaming and Entertainment. Sports Card World and Collectable Kaos are weak.

Nace
13th January 2005, 07:39 AM
TTP= Tea Tree Plaza. Toys 'R Us duelist league thingy. Hoping the promo is toon elf like in the US. Where's Battlezone? I'm sick of Sports Card World's "we don't like advanced format" policy...

Last Exile
13th January 2005, 11:30 PM
Battlezoen Gaming and Entertainment are the only official Uddeprdeck registered store for Yu-Gi-Oh in South Australia. They are also registered with UDE for Marvel Vs.

They are at 86A North Terrace, Kent Town. It's the place next to Mobil service station at the intersection of North Terracrt, Fullarton Road, Magill Road and Payneham Road.

Hope to see you there.

PS. 2nd regionals are on this weekend at the Irish Club on Carrington Street from 9:30am.

Nace
14th January 2005, 06:36 AM
Like I said, I'm nowhere near finishing a deck (lack of staples and funds to buy them), so no regionals for a WHILE. I'm probably gunna have to work out a mode of transport before I go to Battlezone too. Durnit. But I'll be there the moment I can, you can be sure of that.

Last Exile
17th January 2005, 12:58 AM
A lot of buses go along that road. 102, 105, 106, 174, 179 and a few others.