PDA

View Full Version : Age of Empries III

Whisper in the Wind
11th January 2005, 04:21 AM
I dunno if anyone else here is interested in RTS (Real-time Strategy) Games.

Anyway, it appears AOE III will be out sometime soon, and I'm looking forward to it after seeing the graphics (although graphcis aren't the improtant thing about a RTS game it's nice to have them)

http://www.gamer.nl/nieuws/24814

Am I the only 1 who thinks each picture looks like a work of art? ><

schibetta
11th January 2005, 05:10 AM
I don't know, those pictures really don't interest me. i'm a big fan of aoe2 and the expansion but this just doesn't look good. it looks like they're trying to do too much. aoe2 was nice because they kept it simple, to a point, but it still looked cool.

Heald
11th January 2005, 10:51 AM
AOE was overrated. AOEII was so-so, hardly groundbreaking. It wasn't a good game engine and battles were slow and boring. Rise of Nations managed to make the AOEII engine decent.

AOEII ruined Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. What the hell were Lucasarts smoking?

"Okay, here's an idea: a Star Wars RTS!"
"Good idea! We'll get started on the code straight away!"
"Oops, too late, Christmas is nearing. Quick, call Microsoft and get their shitty game engine and plaster Star Wars shit all over it!"

Idiots.

These screenshots, however, look pretty damn decent and look like they might incorporate some actual intelligence into the game rather than 'point and click'.

PNT510
11th January 2005, 01:03 PM
I saw the screenshots a week or so ago, they look wonderful. I'm also really excited about all the new types of units.