PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft: Take 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Razola
12th January 2005, 11:58 AM
I'm curious if anyone besides Craig and I are playing it. Because if you're not, then you may not for a while since Blizzard has stopped production due to the hammering their servers take (all 88 of them).

I still have a damn 10-Day pass for the game. And I may just give it out.

Heald
12th January 2005, 12:12 PM
I won't be playing it for a while, but only because Blizzard are being half-arsed and waiting until March to finish the European servers.

Razola
12th January 2005, 02:12 PM
Better later than a half-ass now. My server has lines I have to wait through in order to get in (usually at night) and there's a nice amount server downage and occasional lag. The newer servers aren't as bad, but there's a point where you can't just redo a level 46 character from scatch. As a matter of fact, the real problems didn't start again until Christmas, when the little wankers decided to hop on a high population server. GENIUS!

We have gotten several free days out of it, though. And many servers will be down for 16 hours to nip these problems in the bud.

ryandude713
12th January 2005, 11:16 PM
I'm going to be buying this as soon as I finish with COH, so I have a few questions.

First: What are the most damaging classes?
Second: Is it worth getting the special edition for the panda/zergling pet?
Third: Is crafting better in this game than others before it? Does it not suck as bad?

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
13th January 2005, 04:34 AM
I had the US version imported to me in December and play a Human Priest on some PvP server now. I hate PvP though, only played there cause all my friends I know from EverQuest are playing on that stupid server. I don't like being a Human either, I wanted to be a Tauren, but oh no, my friends have to play on the Alliance side.

The game itself is pretty nice but unfortunately it also is home for an incredibly big bunch of incompetent and unfriendly players. A huge downside of it being so easy to play and handle. Can't have it all I guess.

Third: Is crafting better in this game than others before it? Does it not suck as bad?

1.) Hmmm ... I guess mages.
2.) No idea, all they do is run after you. I call a White Kitten my own. Personally I find a Zergling or Panda or worse mini Diablo running around the game ruining its atmosphere as those creatures don't belong into the game world.
3.) I have no idea what you consider sucking but WoW's tradeskill system is easy, unchallenging, rewarding and you won't be proud of anything you make in it.

Razola
13th January 2005, 10:44 AM
Rogue and Mage have the highest DPS potential. Warrior can get pretty high as well if you go with a DPS talent tree. Keep in mind that rogues deal a lot of damage to one target, while Mages can go AoE. I believe that Mages might edge out Rogues in the long run, but they also have to worry about a weaker body and mana issues.

It's a Panda/Zergling/Mini-Diablo that you get at the start of the game. They just follow you and look pretty; they have no combat capabilities. If you get it, do it for the DVD version, the nice case for the CD version, and the soundtrack/artbook.

Oh, and good luck finding one. EBGames is selling it for $150.

Crafting is quick and simple. You can have two professions, one is normally a gathering skill and the other is a production skill. If you are a miner, you look for mineral nodes. Skinners slice up the corpses of beasts, and so forth. If you have the proper reagents for an item, it takes about 10 seconds to make it if it's of an orange skill level (meaning you are ensured to gain a skill level in that skill).

The items you make are pretty good, and will last you until you find the phat lewt in instances.

Dark Scizor
13th January 2005, 07:41 PM
I won't be playing it for a while, but only because Blizzard are being half-arsed and waiting until March to finish the European servers.

x2 :yes:

I can't wait until it comes out though. Heald, you gonna take the same name for WoW if it is available?

Red Angel
13th January 2005, 10:10 PM
I'm considering it, but shelling out $20CDN (+tax) a month is putting me off. That and all this stuff I hear about unfriendly wait times to play. I may look into it by summertime, but for now I'm still enjoying WCIII FFA games and Zelda: The Minish Cap.

Razola
13th January 2005, 11:00 PM
There are no wait times if you pick one of their many low population servers. I didn't have a queue until after Christmas, when the little shitheads who got the game for Christmas figured it would be an awesone idea to jump on the alrdeay crowded servers. So now, around 6pm when all the homework and dinner is done with, the kiddies jump on and I have to deal with lines.

When you first log on, the game will pick out a server for you, one that has a low population. "Low" in this case means under 2,000 people. Boo hoo.

Red Angel
14th January 2005, 02:52 AM
There are no wait times if you pick one of their many low population servers. I didn't have a queue until after Christmas, when the little shitheads who got the game for Christmas figured it would be an awesone idea to jump on the alrdeay crowded servers. So now, around 6pm when all the homework and dinner is done with, the kiddies jump on and I have to deal with lines.

When you first log on, the game will pick out a server for you, one that has a low population. "Low" in this case means under 2,000 people. Boo hoo.

Problem is, half the fun of any multiplayer game is playing it with friends/clanmates, and considering most of them have characters in the 40s, it's going to be a real piece of work convincing them to switch. And I'm still iffy about paying 70+ for the game and then another 20+ on a monthly basis. I might wait until the price drops a little. Not to mention that I'd rather save for a new computer; mine is underwhelming, to put it nicely. And to avoid having this sound like a blog, how's the PvP? I'm just a tad concerned about being killed left and right by characters 20 levels above me.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
14th January 2005, 03:10 AM
how's the PvP? I'm just a tad concerned about being killed left and right by characters 20 levels above me.

There are certain level caps in PvP. That means a level 60 player can't come and kill a level 1 player. You can only kill (or get killed by) someone who is a few levels above or below you max - as long as you don't attack them first. If the level 1 newbie would be so dumb to attack the level 60 player first, PvP gets enabled for him and he could fight back.

The biggest problem about PvP are the grievers who ruin your quests, for example when you have to protect an NPC from mobs they come up and kill the NPC. Then there are the corpse campers who have nothing better to do than wait for you to revive just to kill you again - you can protect yourself from that by reviving at the graveyard but that ruins your armor and weapons (gotta repair them then). And of course the funny rogues who find it so amusing to sneak up behind you while you maneuver in difficult, mob invested areas and backstab you. Gotta love those corpse runs.

In a fair and square fight PvP is fun but you will barely see those. Most of the times you'll get attacked at unawares, most likely while you're fighting a mob and have already lost half your mana and health so you have no chance fighting back. Fun, fun.

Heald
14th January 2005, 10:17 AM
x2 :yes:

I can't wait until it comes out though. Heald, you gonna take the same name for WoW if it is available?Maybe. Depends if it ruins the fantasy element of it or not.

Dark Scizor
14th January 2005, 10:25 AM
There are certain level caps in PvP. That means a level 60 player can't come and kill a level 1 player. You can only kill (or get killed by) someone who is a few levels above or below you max - as long as you don't attack them first. If the level 1 newbie would be so dumb to attack the level 60 player first, PvP gets enabled for him and he could fight back.

Gotta Love Blizzards system for making sure that lower level players don't get picked on (like in WC3).

Maybe. Depends if it ruins the fantasy element of it or not.

Fair does.

My friend got the Euro Beta today :grumble:.

Razola
14th January 2005, 11:13 AM
Ignore everything Alex said about PvP, because clearly he's playing some foreign game that might sound similar to WoW, but clearly is not.

Three servers: PvP, PvE, and RP

As far as PvP goes, PvE and RP are one and the same.

The way the rules work is that you can be attacked by a member of the opposing faction (Humans/Dwarves/Night Elves/Gnomes vs. Orcs/Tauren/Trolls/Undead) if you are flagged. Getting flagged depends on your server. And on both servers you can always flag yourself by typing /pvp.

PvE and RP

-Flagged if you attack a person or NPC who is flagged or if you help an ally or NPC who is flagged. Otherwise you are safe from combat unless you go inside an enemy Capital.

PvP

-Three types or terrority: Friendly, Contested, Enemy

-Friendly is the areas near your capitals, and the areas where you start leveling. You can only be flagged for PvP if you attack an enemy. Basically, you get the first hit.

-Contested is open warfare. You are always flagged and can be attacked at any time by the enemy. The bulk of the zones in the game are contested.

-Enemy is the reverse of Friendly. You are always flagged and you can't attack the enemy there unless they attack you.

If you choose PvP, you WILL get ganked by people as high as 40 levels over you. You may have to find another area to quest in if a certain area is under enemy control. Make no mistake, people can and will make your life as miserable as possible.

It can be very entertaining, however, to lead charges into certain areas for the right to quest there. That's not to say that an enemy will always prevent you from accomplishing things. I was outnumbered 3-1 and the people there left me alone and even helped me out at times.

Use the defense channels and you can organize counter-attacks and help out people in need. It's a lot more interesting than PvE servers, in my opinion, and just adds another wrinkle to the gameplay. It's something else to do, simply put, and I enjoy the added options.

EDIT: I should also mention that WoW's death penalty doesn't apply to kills via PvP. You MIGHT lose a single durability point off ONE piece of equipment, but that's othing compared to the 10% hit you take off everything when you die PvE.

ryandude713
21st January 2005, 01:39 AM
I just got my copy a few hours ago, and after installing it, I was unable to start an account... I get an error screen after I put in my key. I retyped it and redid it many times, but nothing works. So I'm calling customer sevice tomorrow morning, and see if things get better. If not then I'm returning it and buying another copy, to see if that works.

Update: I decided to wait it out, and at 1:30 i finally got my account. I played until 3, and tried to go to sleep. After 2 hours of insomnia, I've woken up to play it more. I'm a Night Elf Druid on a normal server. I love this game.

PNT510
22nd January 2005, 12:03 AM
Crafting is quick and simple. You can have two professions, one is normally a gathering skill and the other is a production skill. If you are a miner, you look for mineral nodes. Skinners slice up the corpses of beasts, and so forth. If you have the proper reagents for an item, it takes about 10 seconds to make it if it's of an orange skill level (meaning you are ensured to gain a skill level in that skill).

The items you make are pretty good, and will last you until you find the phat lewt in instances.
I thought you could get 2 gathering skills if you wanted. Or 2 production skills if you wanted also. It's just though to come across the goods you need. There are also 3 secondary skills you can learn(Cooking, Fishing, and First Aid).

I just got this game tonight and played it for 5 hours without even noticing. I'm a human fighter(How original) and I just turned level 7.

Razola
22nd January 2005, 02:51 AM
Yes, you can get two of any of the major skills (cooking, first aid, and fishing are "secondary" and anyone can get), but generallu most people are going to get a production skill and the best gathering skill for it. I know many get gathering skills like mining and skinning for money purposes, but I doubt many people wiill go for two production skills unless one is tailoring or they have a large, generous guild.

ryandude713
23rd January 2005, 06:19 PM
How good is the money from fishing?
I've gotten to level 90 w/ skinning, and ive gotten some pretty good money from it (about 1 silver and 50 bronze for 10 peices of light leather). Would fishing give me revenue like that in its early stages?

PNT510
23rd January 2005, 07:04 PM
My fishing skill isn't very high(30 something), but I make more money with Mining and blacksmithing.

Djinn
23rd January 2005, 08:13 PM
Are you Horde or Alliance Ryan? Light Leather for 1 Silver 50 Copper! I get 5 times that at the Ironforge Auction House.

ryandude713
23rd January 2005, 10:07 PM
Horde. I don't think i could sell there, being their sworn enemy and all.

Djinn
23rd January 2005, 10:13 PM
I guessed so, probably not. Why is there an Auction House in Gadgetzan when no one goes there?

Razola
23rd January 2005, 11:31 PM
It allows you to sell items that you normally couldn't get due to faction. Currently it's really just a dumping ground for non-combat pets (like if an Alliance member wants a cockroach or Horde wants a cat). No one is going to do heavy buying and selling since the deposit is higher and there's is less activity since Gadgetzan is a level 40+ area.

EDIT: Temple of Hakkar is like, the best place for loot in your low 50s. I got a whopping four pieces of blue there on my first run, and I still can go back to get a robe and the prayer of Fortitude drop. Good stuff.

Oh, and I ran into Shadra last night:

http://img153.exs.cx/img153/7158/shadra18jv.th.jpg (http://img153.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img153&image=shadra18jv.jpg)

SilverMachop
28th January 2005, 12:44 AM
Dwarves are the best race, in my opinion, because:

1.) They can be paladins, who rule.
2.) They're great at using guns, hehehe.
3.) Their females, unlike many other fantasy stories, do NOT have beards (thank you Blizzard thank you).
4.) Look at my signature (it's true, the dwarf's in Loch Modon in front of the digging site).

I'm on Proudmoore, just to let you all know. I'm Silvergem, female dwarf paladin, currently level 36.

Razola
28th January 2005, 01:55 AM
Dwarves are the best race, in my opinion, because:

1.) They can be paladins, who rule.
Pallies and Shaman are pretty damn broken. Pallies live much too long than they should and Shaman are the kings of not making you move. Frost Shock lasts for six or seven seconds, and yet the cooldown is about five or four.

2.) They're great at using guns, hehehe.
Paladins can't train in guns, or any ranged weapon for that matter. Just a heads up.

3.) Their females, unlike many other fantasy stories, do NOT have beards (thank you Blizzard thank you).
This pisses me off, because it basically makes the Alliance just varying heights of humans. The only really interesting race, in my opinion, is the night elves. The Horde has a much mroe varied and interesting set of races. As now, Dwarven females just look like stereotypical Germanic woman. If human females weren't given their barbie-bodies, I'd easily mistake a dwarf female for a a human.

I'm on Proudmoore, just to let you all know. I'm Silvergem, female dwarf paladin, currently level 36.
Normal servers are the devil. Every person who has bitched to me that the game gets boring at the higher levels was on a normal server. PvP simply adds a bit of a variable. It encourages you to interact with people and helps you get intimate with your class.

If you haven't invested too much time yet, I suggest making the switch.

The Muffin Man
28th January 2005, 10:13 AM
1.Ya know, I've play a few other games similiar to WoW, and everyone always bitches that the tank classes "last too long". Well obviously. There's a very good reason why the tank-class Paladin outlasts the Rogue, people. The Shamans Frost shock, however, is a bit unbalanced.

2.Think she meant Dwarves in general.

3.While the horde are varied, I hate the undead so that's out, and I really never liked orcs so I'm stuck with Tauren or Troll. And since Trolls apparently get to ride a raptor at lvl 40, my first character(I currently have a Dwarven Paladin at my friends house, lvl 11, "Gilias" A cookie to the person who figures out why) and first Horde character will be a Troll Shaman or Hunter. Dunno yet...if the Shaman is as broken as Raz says, I might just decide against it.

Leon-IH
29th January 2005, 03:45 AM
WoW's tradeskill system is easy, unchallenging, rewarding and you won't be proud of anything you make in it.

Ok, what level and tradeskill are you? :(

Seriously high end leatherworking is only for those who REALLY like camping one kind of monster for 6-7 hours just to make one item.

I'm playing a shaman on proudmoore, and if anyone buys the game: please don't come to proudmoore, theres too many people on it as is.

Just so everyone knows, shamans and paladins become WAY less broken around lvl 30 or so, even in PVP.

Seeing as paladins DPS is so low with a lack of killing spells and shamans are just plain hard to use in instances at lvl 35 or so onwards - can't use earthshock unless you like 5 elites hitting you, frostshock is weak in Player v Monster, flameshock sucks later - 80% fire resistant stuff hurts the damage badly, chain lightning: see earthshock, lightning is just weak so your stuck with meleeing, totems and healing which certainly isn't as good as a warrior or rogue on damage output.

Also: Shamans don't get plate mail - which makes them pretty crap for absorbing high lvl dmg.

Razola
29th January 2005, 04:01 AM
Also: Shamans don't get plate mail - which makes them pretty crap for absorbing high lvl dmg.
As a cloth user, I find this statement to be full of lies. At level 53, I don't think my armor has broke 1,000.

Crafting is easy to do, but still rewarding. Alex probably hasn't spent days mining 100+ Mithril or waiting on Mooncloth cooldowns. Blizzard realizes that crafting is supposed to give you armor that lasts you until the questing loot comes. It supposed to be fairly doable.

And of all people, I expected Leon to be on a PvP server. There is no greater pleasure than duping a rogue four levels higher than you twice.

SilverMachop
29th January 2005, 10:44 AM
Jeepers. I wasn't expecting my post to be torn to shreds. But no matter.

You know, I've heard a lot about characters being "unbalanced" and such. I don't think it's true. My paladin may be hard to kill because of armor and healing, but I do find ways. :sweat4:
I also have a troll shaman RP character, and he is not invincible or prone to die.

And about my post:
1.) Well, everyone else I've talked to likes dwarf ladies without beards. Sure, it makes them look like short human ladies, but aren't dwarves just short humans with big beards? All of the races, Horde and Alliance, are humanoid and modeled after humans (except for Tauren).
2.) Yeah, I meant guns in general. I'd know by now if my character can use a gun or not.
3.) Normal servers are okay. I also have a few characters in PvP and RP, so I differenciate. Anyway, I'm not going to be level 60 anytime soon, so this game is still going to be fun.
4.) Have none of you seen the dwarf named Magmar? Don't any of you care? Sob.

Red Angel
3rd February 2005, 02:19 AM
Well, I'm getting the game. I was just eBaying for a 2.4GHz P4 + motherboard, so I'll likely be playing in 1-2 weeks. So, Raz, what is this free stuff you speak of? :P

Ok, ok, I'm just kidding about the free stuff.

But watch for me as Nightelf Druid.

Razola
3rd February 2005, 02:28 AM
"Stuff"? Nothing plural, just a pass that lets you play free for ten days.

Of course, you have to know somehow who owns a copy so you can install it.

Red Angel
5th February 2005, 09:34 PM
Raz, a question: if I start a game on the guest pass, can I carry my account over to a regular paid account?

Razola
6th February 2005, 02:05 AM
I'm fairly certain you can. Chances are you'll have to make a normal account, provide a CC number and all those goodies. Then, you either cancel it before the ten days is up or continue to pay.

Red Angel
6th February 2005, 02:52 AM
Well, it took me 3 hours, but I managed to install. After 2 instalations locked up in the same place, i took a look at my CDs and sure enough, the fourth one had a nice deep gouge in it. However, I managed to successfully copy the CD contents to my HD and installed it from there with no problems. Of course, nobody told me that I need a pre-paid card to use the 30-day trial :sweat4: That's just a weird, weird thing. So I'm going back to EB tommorow to pick up the card and try and get the forth disc of the game exchanged, and then I can hopefully start playing.

PNT510
6th February 2005, 01:31 PM
Well then the people at your EB suck. The people at my gamestop told me I needed a Prepaid card or a CC.

Red Angel
7th February 2005, 12:27 AM
Well then the people at your EB suck. The people at my gamestop told me I needed a Prepaid card or a CC.

Indeed. Well, I have it up and running, so all's good.

Razola
7th February 2005, 05:28 AM
RAWR

http://img208.exs.cx/img208/1843/bigboy0ac.th.jpg (http://img208.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img208&image=bigboy0ac.jpg)

http://img208.exs.cx/img208/3240/omgdragonz8fv.th.jpg (http://img208.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img208&image=omgdragonz8fv.jpg)

http://img208.exs.cx/img208/9328/woof3xl.th.jpg (http://img208.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img208&image=woof3xl.jpg)

ryandude713
8th February 2005, 02:48 AM
So I started a troll Rogue named Pirate, who rapes and pillages everything in his path. unfortunantly hes only lvl 10, so his path is from razor hill to orgrimmar. I am having trouble finding pirate like armor and equipment, so if you guys that play can tell me items that look pirate like, tell me so i can have goals to aim for in the fasion department. I also dont have any programs with which to veiw my screenshots. i tried paint but to no avail...

Razola
9th February 2005, 01:12 AM
There are variety of Swashbuckler shirts you can wear, and tailors can craft you an Admiral's Hat. There's also a cooking recipe that creates an item that may change you into a pirate for an hour. Other than that, little exists that's practical for battle (and the Admiral Hat is level 30 or so, it's also cloth, which may not be useful to you).

ryandude713
9th February 2005, 02:31 AM
I must find someone to cook me into a pirate!

Oh and btw, found this little WOW video on the net.

When auctioning goes boom (http://tinyurl.com/7xaj9)
A guy on a PVE server blew up an auction house by summoning his pet after living bomb was cast on it. Apparently, he unsummoned it while the timer was still going, then went into Ironforge and blew up the lot of them. Good stuff indeed.

Razola
9th February 2005, 02:54 AM
The recent fad is for warlocks to take their pets into the AH and let them go wild. Of course, I've been avoiding Ironforge for some time now. Besides being a black hole of lag and stupidity, my money is very unsafe there. I can easily blow 50g on the dumbest non-equipment items.

PNT510
9th February 2005, 06:10 PM
I just discovered the AH yesterday. the 5 gold I had went bye bye quickly, but I got awesome new gear.

The Muffin Man
16th February 2005, 05:11 PM
I'm just not feeling WoW.

Currently I play a Dwarf Paladin and on a PvP server a Human Priest. The Paladin is fun, but the quests all seem to keep my anchored to Ironforge and the surrounding areas, where people are all Gnome mages, or Human/Night elf Hunters and Rogues. I think I've seen ONE other Paladin. I want to leave Ironforge but everyone tells me "No no just keep doing the quests."

For what? Half the time I have to talk to 900 NPCs for stupid bullshit information just to find ONE PERSON who'll tell me where to go. And the other half of the time I have to go into the middle of this obnoxious cave, run around for an hour and a half, and be rewarded with 30 Copper and a staff. I don't need this shit.

So when I get back to WoW(at my friends house, but i have played a fair bit to judge the early game) I'm going to either just level my Pally like I do in every other MMORPG(fight for levels) or stick with my priest. If neither works in helping keep me occupied, then I might just have less competition for CoH when I actually upgrade my computer/get a new one.

Dark Scizor
16th February 2005, 05:36 PM
I can say that installation is a bitch on a 56k. This bittorrent wannabe is sucking up all my bandwidth for a miniscule 2-4kbs download from other peers. Not only that, it is preventing me from opening websites because of the vampiric hogging of my download bandwidth so it's taking an age to open a website as opposed to the download slowing down, the rest of the internet is slowing down lol

Is anyone playing the EU servers at all?

PNT510
16th February 2005, 07:16 PM
I ganked my first horde today. :D A level 32 Warlock with Rez sickness.

Razola
16th February 2005, 07:27 PM
I'm just not feeling WoW.

Currently I play a Dwarf Paladin and on a PvP server a Human Priest. The Paladin is fun, but the quests all seem to keep my anchored to Ironforge and the surrounding areas, where people are all Gnome mages, or Human/Night elf Hunters and Rogues. I think I've seen ONE other Paladin. I want to leave Ironforge but everyone tells me "No no just keep doing the quests."
This is no different than CoH (or any other MMO) that keeps you in the zone appropriate for your level. I don't recall leaving Galaxy City/Atlas Park in CoH until my contacts gave me missions in other zones.

You CAN go to other places. If you are still questing in Dun Morogh, you can try out Teldrasil or Elwynn Forest. If you are in Loch Modan, try out Westfall (highly reccomended since it gives you the first taste of Instances) or Darkshore.

You have options, but quest-givers early on are going to keep you in the surrounding areas due to ease.

EDIT: And if you don't like WoW's quests, I don't see how CoH is going to be any better. I like both, but CoH is the same "Kill these guys! Talk to Joe Bob!" for the similar rewards.

The Muffin Man
17th February 2005, 12:09 AM
This is no different than CoH (or any other MMO) that keeps you in the zone appropriate for your level. I don't recall leaving Galaxy City/Atlas Park in CoH until my contacts gave me missions in other zones.

You CAN go to other places. If you are still questing in Dun Morogh, you can try out Teldrasil or Elwynn Forest. If you are in Loch Modan, try out Westfall (highly reccomended since it gives you the first taste of Instances) or Darkshore.

You have options, but quest-givers early on are going to keep you in the surrounding areas due to ease.

EDIT: And if you don't like WoW's quests, I don't see how CoH is going to be any better. I like both, but CoH is the same "Kill these guys! Talk to Joe Bob!" for the similar rewards.

Actually ever who's played CoH has told me that it's less "Go here, talk to him, do this, bring that here, THEN go on the quest" and a bit more "Go here, further a story that isn't just 'HOLY SHIT HE WAS KILLED'"

I'm in it more for a quest that doesn't seem slapped together. WoW quests just feel like they're happening for no reason. I don't mind the "Kill these" quests, because on top of finding good drops and gaining money/exp, I'm completing the quest for more money. It's essentially "Level up on these monsters and then come back to me and get more experience." And I like that. But I don't like having to continue a quest for the same thing("walk 4 feet, get that rune, walk 4 feet back to me, walk 8 feet and go straight down to him and show him the rune. Walk halfway across Loch Modan to revive this guy who doesn't seem to be anywhere near where they said") that essentially leads me on a wild goose chase.

And the hell with Elite Monsters. People on Battle.net are idiots.
"But so are people on CoH!"
Yes but I havn't experienced it yet. So it's different.

Razola
17th February 2005, 01:53 AM
Actually ever who's played CoH has told me that it's less "Go here, talk to him, do this, bring that here, THEN go on the quest" and a bit more "Go here, further a story that isn't just 'HOLY SHIT HE WAS KILLED'"
The story in WoW is quite nice, though it takes some time to get to some of the better stories. Un' Goro Crater is like Blizzard's love letter to Nintendo. There is a big, long chain of quests that is a homage to Zelda. The pop culture references are very clever at times.

As for Warcraft itself, you'll learn all about the fate of Stormwind's King early on, and Duskwood is ripe with flavor and storylines. One quest in particular has a journal that goes on for 20 pages. Another requires you to put an entire book together. I loved CoH's story arcs, and WoW doesn't dissapoint (though I've the Horde is a bit more lacking in their quests).

I'm in it more for a quest that doesn't seem slapped together. WoW quests just feel like they're happening for no reason. I don't mind the "Kill these" quests, because on top of finding good drops and gaining money/exp, I'm completing the quest for more money.
My Gnome warrior (who starts in the same area as a Dwarf in case you didn;t know) had some interesting quests before level 10 that talked about the local troll clan in the area. And for a newbie quest I found that to be satisfactory.

WoW's quest aren't usually part of some epic storyline (but then again, niether was CoH) but are a collection of stories. Sure, some are very asisnine (quests for cooking recipes, besides being a pain in the ass to do, lack very much in flavor, if you pardon the pun), but there's a lot that are very compelling if you read your quest log and pay attention. Again, zones I reccomend are:

Westfall: the whole zone is more or less centered around a band of thieves plaguing the area. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but it gives a bit of history for the humans and eventually leads to another story about the political siutation in Stormwind.
Duskwood: Full of flavor, the zone even has a mini-world event. If you are still not satisfied aftert his zone, I'm going to have to assume you are not reading your quest log and the items in your inventory.

I'm not sure what you are expecting, but WoW is a collection of stories. You got to a zone, and for the most part you deal with the most pressing issue of that zone. Sometimes you uncover something that goes beyond that area, but for the most part is fairly localized. And I like that, because it's not about one epic for your character, but the many adventures you go on.

It's essentially "Level up on these monsters and then come back to me and get more experience." And I like that. But I don't like having to continue a quest for the same thing("walk 4 feet, get that rune, walk 4 feet back to me, walk 8 feet and go straight down to him and show him the rune. Walk halfway across Loch Modan to revive this guy who doesn't seem to be anywhere near where they said") that essentially leads me on a wild goose chase.
Not all quests are going to be good. You want a shitty quest? The Scholomance key requires 15 gold to do. And I get like 600 exp for that quest. Did I mention that only one person needs a good for the group to go in, or that a rogue can just pick the lock?

And the hell with Elite Monsters. People on Battle.net are idiots.
"But so are people on CoH!"
Yes but I havn't experienced it yet. So it's different.
I shouldn't even have to tell you this, but if you need a posse, run with either of the PA guilds on Sargeras. My Horde alt is with them, and you already know how they compare to the battle.net crowd. Both guilds are large and always helpful. Twice now both guilds have successfully arranged PvP meets in Feralas and the one time I went it was a big hit. I don't know any other groups that, in an open PvP area, could have two groups that big sit and behave for several hours while arranged fights go on.

A guild can easily make or break your game. Make the smart choice.

The Muffin Man
17th February 2005, 02:05 AM
Yeah I'll probably remake my priest or something on Sargera when I get my own copy of the game...I'm not on enough right now to hang out with the PA crew.

By the way, when I DO get this game for myself I was gonna make a Troll as my first Horde character. Any suggestions for class?

Razola
17th February 2005, 03:42 AM
I know this a bit off topic (especially for those of you who have no idea what "PA" means), but PA's Horde guild only requires you to be one once every 21 days. They care not how much you play or have any bullshit rules like the "1337" guilds out there. Like I said earlier, my character with them is an alt, meaning I play once a week tops. And they're not even bitter about kicking you out. Unless you've been a dick, a simple tell to any high-ranking member will get you back in. Again, this is the Horde guild.

As for class, it depends on your style of play, of course. Equaled only by humans in terms of class choices, trolls obviously offer a plethora of possibilities. Let's roll by each one:

Hunter: Do you like the concept of having a pet? Unlike warlocks, you pick out your own pet from the wild and have to keep it content so that it'll deal damage and not turn on you. The Hunter is the best ranged class in the game, it's play style focused on keeping enemies far away with their pet tankings melee and, should aggro reach a certain point, a variety of slow and stun shots to slow down the mob's approach. One of the best solo classes, the hunter is also the main puller in groups. But manage your pet: one of the main causes for a wip in dungeons is some stupid shit letting their pet go wild. The Hunter is the most popular (and common) class in WoW.

Priest: This is MY class, and since I'll be 60 soon I know enough shit about it. Obviously the priests heals, but there's also the shadow side to consider. The BEST path to take until you near the level cap, going shadow let's you solo like a motherfucker, and you will be among the best PvPers in the game. So the class does offer options depending on what you like, though I will say right now the "Healing" path for priests is very underwhelming. A rare class on WoW, though gaining in numbers. For the time being, you are going to be very popular as a priest.

Shaman: Like the Druid, a hybrid class. A bit more tougher, the Shaman I probably have the LEAST experience with, but it seemes to focus less on healing and more on damage dealing/tanking than a Druid. Be forewarned that, while I find the class to be close to balanced, the legions of the Battle.net retards are many, and you'll probably face a good nerfing. This class is fairly common (mainly since it can kick ass PvP).

Warrior: Many bitch that the warrior sucks, period, but I disagree. In PvE you are THE tank, and you are in the holy trinity of classes for high level instances (Mage, Priest, Warrior). While other classes can tank, and some can even handle the damage better, the warrior is lord of aggro, and can actually keep the mobs on him. PvP is a different story, and you will suck in 1v1 battles. In group battles, where the focus of you enemies is likely elsewhere, you can deal respectable damage and chase down weakened foes. The bright side is that you can come expecting a buff. Fairly common.

Mage: The final piece of the trinity, Mages are damage gods. With insane dps for both single target and AoE, Mages are the main killers of the group (with a bit of crowd control). They are paper tigers, however, and a mage without control can and WHILE get tons of aggro, and he WHILE get mauled in seconds. And once a mage "blows his load", they are fairly useless unless they have some method to restore mana.

Rogue: Second of the damage dealers, rogues give up a bit of dps (particularly in terms of AoE) for s bit of survival. Having better armor, rogues also have what I call "Oh noes!" abilities that can get them out of many tight spots. Rogues don't have mana, and thus can be relied on for consistent damage, mainly to one target. While a mage can be depleted very quickly, a rogue will continue to produce high levels of damage until either he or the target dies. Rogues are favorites of the PvPer, mainly due to stealth, which allows them to pick and choose battles. In addition to skipping many troublesome mobs, they can also assault players at any time, normally ALWAYS getting the first hit in, be it PvP or PvE. This, however, causes Rogues to be the bastards of the game, as many do not like being ganked while fighting a boss or key mob. While many will judge PvP on a case-by-case basis, Rogues are more likely to be Kill on Sight automatically. There "might" be a nerf for rogues. Oh, and the majority of the 13-year-olds play rogues because they think stealth makes them gods by default. Just a heads up. Very common.

The Muffin Man
17th February 2005, 08:56 AM
Hmmm...Didn't know Troll could go Priest. With their Regeneration racial feat that would make him a damn good healer...

For my character(Since I can apparently make a Troll Priest on Sargera) I'll probably make a troll Hunter...having a Raptor mount and pet would just be so damn cool.

Any ideas if I should go bow, gun, or (as I heard is possible) spear-thrower?

Sorry to ask so many questions about what should be my choice but I've just got so little experience in WoW at all.

Razola
17th February 2005, 10:43 AM
The ranged weapons are throwing knives. bow, gun, and crossbow. Only mobs throw spears to me my knowledge. Knives suck, crossbows are fairly rare, so you'll basically pick gun or bow based on the best stats at the time. I'm not familar with hunter, but I don't recall there being any difference between the two.

If you pick engineering as a tradeskill, however, gun is superior since you can make ammo for it.

PNT510
17th February 2005, 06:24 PM
I think Booty Bay is the coolest area in the game so far. I like how they have a large ammount of Allience and Horde characters running about so you always have to be on your toes. Me and some guidemates spent all afternoon defending a camp by a river from numerous horde.

Lezta
17th February 2005, 06:25 PM
I got it. I shocked myself.

Dwarven hunter. Would have chosen something else if I'd known just how abundant the things are but oh well, I'll stick with it.

Level 9 atm, going to start getting into Leather-Working and Skinning and stuff. Seemed fitting.

It's not bad so far, getting groups at this stage is a drag but meh. I'm not on a PvP server... major fear of just randomly being mobbed while trying to do things. Probably unjustified.

Worst contructed post I've ever done I think.

Dark Scizor
17th February 2005, 06:57 PM
I starting playing tonight for about an hour or two.

I'm a Night Elf Druid and level 5. So far it seems to be quite a good game, but I have yet to visit a place such as IronForge or any other realm.

The Muffin Man
17th February 2005, 07:35 PM
I starting playing tonight for about an hour or two.

I'm a Night Elf Druid and level 5. So far it seems to be quite a good game, but I have yet to visit a place such as IronForge or any other realm.

If you do wanna make a habit of visiting Ironforge, I suggest you just get used to turning your combat log on outside of partying and looking for help.

Last Exile
17th February 2005, 08:59 PM
WoW = Waste of money. Any game requring you to play for 12 hours straight to level up once you hit Level 40-50 is pathetic. Plus I see no major difference between it and Ragnarok.

Nothing special, overrated. End of story.

Andrew
17th February 2005, 09:17 PM
Ryan, I haven't played the game but read a fair bit about it, and I personally think it'd be a fairly good(But there's no way in hell I could possibly get this game and a new pc in the forseeable future so I'm not really bothering to reply to the thread, yet I am kind of reading it with a kind of creepy glee). Whilst yourself, you have friends who you watch play it, and you think it's fairly bad.

I think unless you've given it a test run and found bad experiences with it, maybe dissing it isn't the best thing.

Red Angel
17th February 2005, 09:48 PM
I'm enjoying WoW so far... the money is worth it. I currently have a lv19 restoration speced Nightelf Druid and I'm having a blast. I like how the quest are set up, too: the one to get my underwater form was really cool, if lengthy. It's also nice that Druids suffer from zero downtime when fighting mobs - after a battle, I can heal myself to full, shift to bear form, and take on the next mob. And by the ti me that one's dead, my man is back.

The Muffin Man
17th February 2005, 09:54 PM
WoW = Waste of money. Any game requring you to play for 12 hours straight to level up once you hit Level 40-50 is pathetic. Plus I see no major difference between it and Ragnarok.

Ragnarok doesn't hit the "12 hours to level" until about lvl 90. Then it takes a huge dive as the experience just about doubles.
98 to 99 is supposedly twice what was gained to 98 I beleive.

Red Angel
17th February 2005, 10:12 PM
Ragnarok doesn't hit the "12 hours to level" until about lvl 90. Then it takes a huge dive as the experience just about doubles.
98 to 99 is supposedly twice what was gained to 98 I beleive.

Oh, and let's not forget that ragnarok has no story or decent quests to speak of. Yes, I played it during open beta. Yes, it sucked after the first ten hours or so.

PNT510
17th February 2005, 10:53 PM

It shouldn't take 12 hours to level up at level 40-50. Also even if it did, what would be so pathetic about it?

Last Exile
17th February 2005, 11:01 PM
It shouldn't take 12 hours to level up at level 40-50. Also even if it did, what would be so pathetic about it?

1. The cost of internet and phone lines
2. The user cost
3. The fact you could be doing something else and something better

PNT510
17th February 2005, 11:53 PM
2. The user cost
1. I'd say most people who play the game have broadband. So those aren't a factor.
2. Not exactly sure what you mean here, but if you mean the fact that you have to pay to play the game, so what? The game adds new content and seeing how people play these games more there is nothing wrong with paying more to play.
3. You're not forced to play the game all the time. You only wanna play the game a couple of hours a day then towards end game you gain a level or 2 a week. That's not that bad.

Razola
18th February 2005, 01:49 AM
LE, I already smashed your head open with a rock in relation to why someone has to pay a monthly fee for a MMORPG, so whatever you have there is moot.

And what's this about playing for any number of hours straight to level? In the course of an hour I can easily earn a good chunk of exp by doing some quests. If I want to level REALLY fast I take 2-5 hours doing an instance with its related quests. The beauty of WoW is that the quest system is designed so you can get something done whenver you log on. I am still amazed that I can log on two hours before class and make considerable progress.

And what the **** is wrong with taking 12 hours to level anyways? This is a MMORPG, it's supposed to last you a while. This isn't Final Fantasy.

Oh, and fyi, it took me under 12 hours to go from 59 to 60. So you lose anyways.

You mean like posting on a Pokemon Message Board? Stop spewing hypocrism and getting all arrogant.

I honestly don't give a shit if you don't like the game. Different strokes for different folks. But when you try to talk about something you clearly have have no idea about and then act as if someone's hobby is an immediate waste of time because YOU say it is, you piss me off. Greatly.

On other topics...

Booty Bay is one of the best areas for PvP, since other "neutral" cities are either very small or prone to people being jackasses with rooftop exploits.

EDIT: Your sig is also too damn big. It's a sig, not an advertisment. Programs exist that let you reduce the size.

Last Exile
18th February 2005, 04:59 AM
I know next to nothing about the Internet, remember? Along with the fact I haven't been able to sue the home computer for a week? So enlighten me.

Look, I don't want to start a flame war. I just don't like the game. End of story.

The Muffin Man
18th February 2005, 09:06 AM
Oh, and let's not forget that ragnarok has no story or decent quests to speak of. Yes, I played it during open beta. Yes, it sucked after the first ten hours or so.

It's gotten better, though. People are a lot less retarded(surprisingly) and the balance is slowly coming into it's own.

2. The user cost
1.I dunno about you but I pay for my internet connection by the month. As well as the WoW account. So playing 12 hours would be paying a dollar for every hour. And that's assuming I stop at 12 hours.
2.Already addressed this.
3.Like going into a World of Warcraft thread and declaring World of Warcraft is crap?

Look, dude, even I am not a huge WoW fan but I didn't say "Man you guys are stupid, this games shit." I said "Hey, I'm not having a lot of fun with WoW. Any ideas what I could do to kickstart my fun?"

"I don't want to start a flamewar, I just walked into this thread and declared the game was not good."

Raz, were you there at PA in the G+T forum a few days ago when someone essentially posted their FIRST post(literally signing up to do this) and said (essentially) "You guys are immature assclowns who have no socially redeeming values whatsoever and I despise you, except for the mods who I want to keep this open. Now let us have a debate about something which I am one of the few supporters"? This is essentially what it is.

LE walked in, insulted WoW and the players, and declared that it was crap and we were all pretty much wrong in our opinion.
Now he claims he never wanted to start a flamewar.

In Misc, there was a Stargate topic. I'm not a huge Stargate fan. In fact, I pretty much don't like it. Did I walk in and say "Stargate is crap. It's a waste of 30 minutes of the sci-fi channel"? No. I used my better judgement and avoided it.
You're being worse than I've EVER been. This is trolling, LE. And I think you've pissed off quite a few people to the point where you're risking your modspot. I might remind you I was demodded for less.

Lezta
18th February 2005, 09:42 AM
I finally gave in and made myself a Dwarven Paladin (Delanor) on a PvP server.

I'm enjoying myself somewhat so far. Early levels always bore me a bit during RPGs though so meh, I know it'll get better.

Razola
18th February 2005, 05:07 PM
I know next to nothing about the Internet, remember? Along with the fact I haven't been able to sue the home computer for a week? So enlighten me.

Look, I don't want to start a flame war. I just don't like the game. End of story.
Passive-aggressive much?

You come into a thread about a game you clearly know next-to-nothing about, and then say its a waste of time and bash it. Then, once the dogs are on your heel, you try to act as if you ignorance is a shield against flames. If you nothing about a game, don't fucking waltz in and act like you know all, and THEN act like you are flame-proof because you know nothing about it. It's so passive-aggressive I am stunned that it was you who said it.

And let's not forget that I have ALREADY enlightened you about how MMORPGs work, which even got local intarweb guru Chris's approval.

You trolled a thread. Don't do it again. End of story for everyone.

MetalScyther
19th February 2005, 11:20 AM
Exactly how many hours does it take a week to get anything out of this?

It will cost me about $200 the first year, and if I got it, I would only be able to put maybe 4-6 hours a week.

Is it worth it?

It looks really interesting, but I dunno if I can get past the fact of how much it costs and how time-consuming it appears to be.

The Muffin Man
19th February 2005, 08:14 PM
Exactly how many hours does it take a week to get anything out of this?

It will cost me about $200 the first year, and if I got it, I would only be able to put maybe 4-6 hours a week.

Is it worth it?

It looks really interesting, but I dunno if I can get past the fact of how much it costs and how time-consuming it appears to be.

Erm...just get a month at a time?

Leon-IH
19th February 2005, 11:51 PM
Well, my shaman is almost lvl 42 so I've been hopping around Gadgetzan trying to get enough Scorpion Scales to make some gloves for my friend's hunter.

WoW is only over rated in one sense: Blizzard maitenance is piss poor, every night half the realms go down for some reason, and every 3 days they go down for a bug which shouldn't be there in the first place.

MetalScyther
19th February 2005, 11:59 PM
And I think that is why I probably won't get it. I used to be a really hardcore gamer, I prolley played vg 3 hours a day, which is about 20 hours a week. Now to be honest I find it a chore to play any at all. I haven't finished fable or GTA:SA. I open wc3 to communicate with some buddies for an hour or two every night, but a lot of it is just talking with people and not really playing(I do play a custom wc3 map called tides of blood, about 4-6 hours as it is a week).

That's why I can't give too much thought to this game, cause I don't think I will get a lot out of it if I can't play it 4-6 hours a DAY(not week).

PNT510
20th February 2005, 12:03 AM
Well, my shaman is almost lvl 42 so I've been hopping around Gadgetzan trying to get enough Scorpion Scales to make some gloves for my friend's hunter.

WoW is only over rated in one sense: Blizzard maitenance is piss poor, every night half the realms go down for some reason, and every 3 days they go down for a bug which shouldn't be there in the first place.
It's times like this I am glad I got the game a couple of months after everyone else, so I knew to start on a smaller server so I don't have much(still more than I think I should have) lag to deal with.

Razola
20th February 2005, 03:22 AM
I have no idea what you're complaining about. WoW is NOWHERE near as bad as the weeks of launch, where we had daily downages for over half the day. Even when we could get on, it requireds a good 30min-1hr wait IN A LINE.

There hasn't been many server downs at all, barring the weekly maintenence period. And when did you start playing? If it's anytime after late Decemeber, I feel no pity for you. There are PLENTY of low and medium population servers to play on. If you were dumb enough to choose a server like Warsong (mine) or Proudmoore, I feel absolutely no pity for you and actually am glad you are getting punished for such a mistake.

Last Exile
20th February 2005, 11:57 PM
If you were dumb enough to choose a server like Warsong (mine)

So what does that say about you? Now who's being hypocritical?!

PNT510
21st February 2005, 01:01 AM
Because maybe Raz started on the server before it became over populated?

Razola
21st February 2005, 01:07 AM
So what does that say about you? Now who's being hypocritical?!
DERF DERF I STARTED PLAYING WORLD OF WARCRAFT ON LAUNCH DAY.

If you nothing about a game, don't ****ing waltz in and act like you know all
This is your last warning, LE. That was clearly a flame out of bitterness, and a woefully ignorant one at that.

You are embarrassing yourself; shut up. Any more posts such as this will be deleted.

Craig
21st February 2005, 09:41 PM
Warsong used to be "medium" population, and then later became incredibly populated because it was a popular name/pick "I don't want to pick a high population server"

I thought this was "world of warcraft discussion thread" not "World of Warcraft debate thread"

like really

so i've been playing withmy guild, i've fallen behind like crazy in levels...but thats what new womans, new jobs, and new hobbies can do to you. I guess.

As long as Im having fun in the game, i'll have fun. Plenty of time till the expansion ;)

( I play on Illidan server, which happens to also contain the most notorious pvp guild from the closed beta. DIE. The Illidan Realm Forum is the most dramatic forum you'll ever see.)

The Muffin Man
21st February 2005, 09:50 PM
Aside from the fact that two monsters is suicidal for me, I love the Priest. Shadow Word: Pain is an amazing Instant skill. I cast Smite, then when they're targeted on me SW:P, then Smite away. On top of that, I get 30 min of extra vitality with Power Word: Fortitude.

And I don't even have my talents yet.

Razola
22nd February 2005, 02:30 AM
And I don't even have my talents yet.
The Shadow Tree is sex. My SW:P does over 1200 damage with it.

Dark Scizor
22nd February 2005, 03:28 PM
I'm on the EU Bladefist server and my Night Elf Druid is level 13 :). God damn Bears outside of Auberdine though, they annoy me. Especially when one knocks you down then a few more come and just kill you outright.

PNT510
22nd February 2005, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know of a possible way for people from NA to play on a European server, or the other way around?

Razola
23rd February 2005, 10:35 AM
Currently there is no way, though Blizzard plans on changing this once servers become more stable.

PNT510
9th March 2005, 12:13 AM
Mounts are expensive :(

Razola
9th March 2005, 01:19 AM
I'm not even sure I'm going to get one. There are better ways to spend the 900 gold.

PNT510
9th March 2005, 02:58 AM
They're only 100 Gold.

ryandude713
9th March 2005, 02:08 PM
100 if u want the cheap one that isn't as fast as the 900 gold ones that increase run speed by 100%

Red Angel
9th March 2005, 06:52 PM
Mounts are expensive :(

I doubt I'll be getting one. Druid travel form is nearly as fast, can be used in combat, and breaks snares.

Fun Fact: With the Feline Swiftness passive and maximum rank Dash, the Druid's cat form moves about as fast as the 900G mount for 15 seconds :D

The Muffin Man
9th March 2005, 08:01 PM
I REALLY don't think I'm gonna get a Mount on Gilias or Shinyhead(Dwarf Paladin and Human Priest respectively).

I mean seriously. I can walk a bit faster. Woohoo. I can't fight apparently, and it's just something to look at. Anyone who's heard my rant about Ragnarok Onlines hats probably knows how horribly against substance-less extras I am.

Oh and my Priest started his talents(Just hit lvl 10. Yeah I know, but my friends either a dick about WoW or doesn't let me play because he doesn't like Humans because they're too "generic"...Says the guy with the ORC HUNTER...) and the first thing I got? Blackout. 3% chance for all Shadow Skills(Getting Mind Blast as soon as I can, anyway) to stun.

Top priority is gonna be to lower threat and increase Shadow skills with the talents. THEN I'm gonna go for Holy.

Razola
10th March 2005, 02:16 AM
I REALLY don't think I'm gonna get a Mount on Gilias or Shinyhead(Dwarf Paladin and Human Priest respectively).

I mean seriously. I can walk a bit faster. Woohoo. I can't fight apparently, and it's just something to look at. Anyone who's heard my rant about Ragnarok Onlines hats probably knows how horribly against substance-less extras I am.
You say that now, but wait until you go to areas like Duskwood or Stranglethorn Vale, which have the bulk of the quests on the side of the map opposite of where you turn the shit in. It's annoying unless you have a class with a travel ability.

And the first mount is worth it. The 60% boost is a wonderful thing, and it's actually very easy to make the money by 40. The second one you get at 60, however, costs 10 times as much and only gives you an extra 40% speed boost (so you go twice as fast with it on). It's a nice perk, but at level 60 there are ton of things that you should be spending your money on first.

And Paladins (along with Warlocks) get their mounts for free.

Craig
14th March 2005, 11:54 AM
^-- this man speaks the truth.

A mount is pretty much a necessity. You need to be able to travel with your group at an equal speed, thats not gonna happen if you are still footing it.

I am 1 level away from getting my mount, and I can't wait. :) I heard people gank you less if you are riding on a furry animal (or not so furry if you are a gnome.)

The Muffin Man
14th March 2005, 11:57 AM
My Priest is coming along nicely. A bit difficult to level and find herbs(I find an Earthroot and a metric fucktonne of mangy wolves decides to swarm me, and Power word: Shield fades just long enough so that Weakened Soul kicks me in the jaw) but I'm not on long enough to really party. But Mind Blast is an amazing skill. Decent damage, decent cooldown, cost is a bit much(50 to smites 35) but it has a 3% chance to stun with Blackout, so that's good.

PNT510
14th March 2005, 05:34 PM
I finally got my mount. It is teh sex.

Razola
15th March 2005, 12:48 AM
My Priest is coming along nicely. A bit difficult to level and find herbs(I find an Earthroot and a metric ****tonne of mangy wolves decides to swarm me, and Power word: Shield fades just long enough so that Weakened Soul kicks me in the jaw) but I'm not on long enough to really party. But Mind Blast is an amazing skill. Decent damage, decent cooldown, cost is a bit much(50 to smites 35) but it has a 3% chance to stun with Blackout, so that's good.
Smite has a 2.5 cast time and deals less damage. With a bit of Shadow Weaving, my Blast crits for 1k. It's sexy.

PNT510
22nd March 2005, 07:37 PM
Blizzard needs to fix this game now :( The patch took forever to download(almost 2 1/2 hours), and on top of that now I can't log in. The forums are down so I can't figure out what is going on, and to top it all off in the course of 2 days my server(Crushridge) went from a low population server to a high one because of all the characters hoping from Bleeding Hollow to ours.

Razola
25th March 2005, 02:10 AM
Thoughts on the new:

-Dire Maul isn't really end-game content. While it has it's charms, along with some interesting events, it doesn't offer much for the level 60 who has spend their past months grinding for set gear. Outside of things such as the level 60 water quest for Mages, and the book quest for each class, the instance is more like BRD in that it's good for people in their late 50s or for people who recently hit 60 and want some solid gear before going for their set items.

-The interface upgrades are half-assed at best. It's basically a rip-off of Telo's bars. While useful for getting the Cosmos Junkies off their habit, advanced mod-users will find too clunky and basic for their tastes. I've been playing with it while I wait for my older mods to update, I'll be going back to my less cluttered set-up soon.

-Azuregos had a deeper loot table, throwing in some blues and greens along with the purples. While I dislike the encounter being so close to a graveyard, it's good to see loot being upped so 37 people aren't given the shaft each time. It's also legitimate end-game content, which is always good.

-Druid buffs are wonderful.

-Warlock nerfs are not appreciated. I fully expect fear to be removed from the game by next patch.

-Lack of priest goodness. Did mages need their umpteenth mage regen ability? Right now priests can either buy expensive water, beg a mage for water, or suffer long downtime.

All in all, it's the raid bosses and the smaller changes that made this patch. It's not bad, but I'm not willing to say its three-months good. I also didn't appreciate my server being down for TWELVE HOURS. For those at home, that's twice the previously reported downtime. And my back-up server (Frostmane), which is less than a month old, was up earlier than that but constantly going down.

My friends laugh when I say it's not a BLizzard game if they don't delay everything, but it's true. Yes, this is their first MMORPG and it has a shitton of people playing, but it's been four month since launch. They have had plenty of time to figure out a solution to our weekly server woes, and since they enjoy showing us how many people they are milking each month I can assume they have the funds to serve us better.

Let me put it this way: after waiting twelve hours to play the new patch, only to enter Dire Maul and get booting from a instance server error, I seriously considered quitting for the first time. The game is a blast from a gameplay perspective, but on the technical side we lack updates and everything server side is sloppy. I fully expect a new content withing the next month. It was promised to us before release, and it's still promised on their web page. Has they been like City of Heroes and given it straight up ahead of time that Issue X was coming in Y months, I'd have no problem.

Right now, they are now giving us what was advertised.

The Muffin Man
25th March 2005, 03:05 AM
I really have to wonder if Blizzard is really this inept with their games. I mean seriously, it's not like they're new to the "patch game for obscene broken-ness" thing. Fuck, they practically invented it. It just feels like Blizzard has finally gotten to doing something that gives them every right to shut it down for hours and still get money. People buy Starcraft once. If Battle.net went down for Starcraft for 12 hours, people would be pissed, but only because they wanted to play Starcraft. Not because they wanted to play a game they just payed out the ass for. It really feels like Blizzard knows what they're doing, and that's wringing the fanbase dry.

I know this sounds a bit unfair, but unless they're announcing some sort of huge reconciliation for this, it's a bit too close to them saying "Yeah fuck you, you payed for 30 days, we give you 20."

Me and my friend were discussing this the other day, that Gravity(guys behind Ragnarok Online - Notoriously bad service, known to ignore problems that they can't prove without doing their jobs, horrible translations...) and actually think they're doing a way better job than Blizzard. Gravity tells you weeks ahead of time when unscheduled maintence will happen and when it will be done. If they're off by more than an hour, or it goes down too much, they'll give you free time, or a double drop rate/double experience event to make up for their mistake. Blizzard? As far as I can tell, they count their wads of cash and tell you to go fornicate yourself with an iron rod.

It's really sad, because 9 out of 10 people who are really pissed off at this aren't pissed they're getting screwed, they're pissed they can't spend 20 hours a day on WoW. My friend has actually become one of these people. As SOON as his friend says "The realms might be back up" he decided to boot me off his computer(fair enough, it's his...but the guys on it almost literally whenever he's awake and not at work) to check. And when it didn't work, he kept searching for ways to fix it until it did. That's not dedication. That's obsession. If he didn't have a job, I'm afraid to say he'd never get one. And while he gets fucked over, very few people are being like Raz and saying "Hey...what the hell?"

Leon-IH
25th March 2005, 03:14 AM
I know this sounds a bit unfair, but unless they're announcing some sort of huge reconciliation for this, it's a bit too close to them saying "Yeah **** you, you payed for 30 days, we give you 20."

If it's a longish downtime they add it onto how many days you paid for.

Shadow Spec priests still need a nerf in the patch, you know this when one is soloing 4 mobs his own level.

Warlock nerfs are mcfucked, however Shaman buffs are much welcomed.

It's official: the content of wow kicks arse, however the servers need an upgrade.

Lezta
25th March 2005, 03:22 AM
I feel really lucky not to have had any problems with WoW. At all. :\

The thing is (in Europe anyway) I get the feeling Blizzard is really short staffed at the minute. The adverts for vacancies all over their site gives that one way. I get the impression they're trying their best.

Maybe I'm just nice to them because I've been ok. :\

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
25th March 2005, 03:39 AM
Pure irony that all the things that made so many former EverQuest players long and leave for WoW are now happening there too.

Razola
25th March 2005, 05:02 AM
I know this sounds a bit unfair, but unless they're announcing some sort of huge reconciliation for this, it's a bit too close to them saying "Yeah **** you, you payed for 30 days, we give you 20."
Blizzard has been real good about compensation (I think they have handed out at least a week in free days), which is why I'm shocked that I've heard nothing about doing anything for the servers who had to deal with not only twice the downtime but also found one of the biggest additions out of order when we got back on.

Gravity tells you weeks ahead of time when unscheduled maintence will happen and when it will be done.
If it's announced ahead of time it's scheduled.

It's really sad, because 9 out of 10 people who are really pissed off at this aren't pissed they're getting screwed, they're pissed they can't spend 20 hours a day on WoW.
I'm not seeing the difference. You are paying for a service, meaning you should be able to play anytime besides the announced downtimes. It doesn't matter if it interrupts marathons sessions or prevents some guy from getting in his daily hour of play, the bottom line is that these people paid for a service and they aren't getting it.

If he didn't have a job, I'm afraid to say he'd never get one. And while he gets ****ed over, very few people are being like Raz and saying "Hey...what the hell?"
Check the forums. Despite being a cesspool of idiots and assholes, there's enough ruckus. There's a thread with nearly 200 pages demanding a month refund.

[b]Shadow Spec priests still need a nerf in the patch, you know this when one is soloing 4 mobs his own level.[/quote]
This isn't something unique to the class. My warlock can do this, as can my druid. And there's a shortage of priests: take away the one appealing feature and the population will be gone (the holy tree is shit).

Pure irony that all the things that made so many former EverQuest players long and leave for WoW are now happening there too.
When I talk with former EQ players, they switched because of the game. WoW as a game is great. I have several characters and enjoy playing each one. The problem is Blizzard was not prepared to handle it. They have found out, the hard way, the difference between a free service like Battle.net and a pay-for service such as WoW and that their old principle of "The One Patch to Rule Them All" is not cutting to cut the mustard. Blizzard promised and STILL HAS ON THEIR WEBSITE the statement that we'd be getting new content on a monthly basis. If that still hold true, they still owe us content for Feburary and March.

The Muffin Man
25th March 2005, 11:46 AM
By unscheduled I mean besides the Tuesday night maintenance, like there is a problem, they schedule it then tell you. Meaning it's not a set-in-stone date. Just came out wrong.

And Raz - I meant the 9 out of 10 are pissed they can't waste away in front of WoW. Not that they're paying for something they can't even use. And a 200 page thread on anything related to a Blizzard game is probably 90% "STFU N00b, *class* sucks, you don't deserve a refund for being *class*" "Lolz Fuk u n00b, *other class* suxxxxxxxxx more, fgt."
I can't imagine 2 braincells slapped together long enough for them to say "Hey Blizz, we deserve a refund or something for this obscene downtime."

EDIT - And I just started my priest onto it*few hours a week of play is pretty restricting*, and the Shadow Tree is pretty much all they have. It's like taking away the mages ability to do direct damage and make all their spells DoT. Or taking away the warriors ability to do damage for shit. They become crappy and useless. I've been looking over the other 2 skill trees(Holy and Discipline) and Shadow seems to be the only one that's useful, outside of giving yourself lessened threat with Discipline.

PNT510
25th March 2005, 03:23 PM
By unscheduled I mean besides the Tuesday night maintenance, like there is a problem, they schedule it then tell you. Meaning it's not a set-in-stone date. Just came out wrong.

And Raz - I meant the 9 out of 10 are pissed they can't waste away in front of WoW. Not that they're paying for something they can't even use. And a 200 page thread on anything related to a Blizzard game is probably 90% "STFU N00b, *class* sucks, you don't deserve a refund for being *class*" "Lolz Fuk u n00b, *other class* suxxxxxxxxx more, fgt."
I can't imagine 2 braincells slapped together long enough for them to say "Hey Blizz, we deserve a refund or something for this obscene downtime."

EDIT - And I just started my priest onto it*few hours a week of play is pretty restricting*, and the Shadow Tree is pretty much all they have. It's like taking away the mages ability to do direct damage and make all their spells DoT. Or taking away the warriors ability to do damage for shit. They become crappy and useless. I've been looking over the other 2 skill trees(Holy and Discipline) and Shadow seems to be the only one that's useful, outside of giving yourself lessened threat with Discipline.

Yeah, but a warrior would have to do damage before it could be taken away.

Actually I am quite glad with the lastest patch because it helped alot of problems that warriors have with rage generation, although I now envy the druid. According the a guildmate his druid is almost unstopable in bear form now.

Red Angel
25th March 2005, 10:10 PM
-Druid buffs are wonderful.

Frenzied Regeneration: Very nice.

Barkskin: Hey, look, Tranquility and Hurricane are worth casting now!

Cat Form: Still sucks. The DPS boost is non-existent and Ferocious Bite is only so-so. You know there's something wrong when my Bear (not Dire Bear, mind you, still 4 levels for that) has higher DPS than my Cat, in addition to the bonus HP and Armor. Cat form has 2 uses: Track Humanoid and Stealth.

Actually I am quite glad with the lastest patch because it helped alot of problems that warriors have with rage generation, although I now envy the druid. According the a guildmate his druid is almost unstopable in bear form now.

Yes, Bear form is awesome. My Warrior friends are healous of Frenizied Regeneration.

Razola
26th March 2005, 02:55 AM
You must be playing wrong, because I'm killing things a lot faster in Cat than Bear, and I'm only three levels below you. And my talents lean towards bear.

Bear is great for taking the mobs down, no doubt about that, but cat has speed and can get some nasty dots in right before the fight. I normaly Ravage, Rake, Claw, Rip and then go into Caster and bear shortly after. Bite helps soloing immensely now.

Red Angel
26th March 2005, 04:49 PM
Looking at Cat DPS, mine is currently about 38. My bear DPS is 41. And I play my Cat (usually when taking down green casting mobs or something) the same way you play yours. The problem is that after taking down most yellow mobs my Cat is dying for a heal, while if I took the same mob with my bear I'd still have over half my HP left (without using Frenzied Regeneration).

Razola
27th March 2005, 02:34 AM
I fight yellow mobs and rarely get below half health, and even more if Ravage or Bite crits. Clearly you are doing something wrong. How are you specced? Could it be that you are a sissy elf? These questions must be answered, as the only time I'm "dying for a heal" is if I'm fighting multiple mobs without stopping.

I fight with bear as well, but bear just takes forever to killthings. Beside Roar, Faerie Fire, and Bash, all I can do for damage is Maul. Cat, while lacking the attack power buff, has a bunch of damaging abilities.

Red Angel
27th March 2005, 05:33 AM
Well, the sissy elf might have something to do with it. As for my spec, I'm Restoration specced with 5 points in Nature's grasp. I plan to put a few points into Feral (mainly for the Bear's Charge ability), but most is going into Restoration.

My fight in Cat form goes: Ravage, Claw * 5, Rip, Claw until target is dead.

I just tend to find Cat form near-useless in combat, but a decent utility form for stuff like Prowl and Track Humanoid. Prowling into an instance to Rebirth the Priest/Pally after a wipe is very usefull.

Razola
27th March 2005, 11:38 AM
That's the problem: I am Feral specced and thus have perks such as a +5% crit chance and increased attack power bonus.

And have you tried using Ferocious Bite? I only use RIp against runners these days.

Red Angel
28th March 2005, 03:41 PM
That's the problem: I am Feral specced and thus have perks such as a +5% crit chance and increased attack power bonus.

Fair enough, but that still doesn't explain why my Bear is a competent form and my Cat isn't, considering I have no talents for either of them.

And have you tried using Ferocious Bite? I only use RIp against runners these days.

Only against casters. It seems to be affected by armor, unlike Rip.

KinkyAdidas
31st March 2005, 01:56 AM
I decided to try this game out after growing pretty bored of Ragnarok after many, many months. :( WoW's a very good game (no sh*t), despite me hating blizzard's customer service with a serious passion. It all comes down to money for them, heh.

I have a level 22 fire/arcane gnome mage on the Eldre'Thalas realm (PvE server...yeah, my mistake for not choosing PvP). I like that server nevertheless; it's not overpopulated, and it's very stable compared to other realms that I've heard of. The people are alright.

I started up an undead priest on Spinebreaker (PvP) however. I'm still learning the ropes and stuff... :) Just one thing that hopefully you guys can help me with.

I have shitty computer specs, which could be a reason why I chop all the time, and sometimes I freeze for a whole minute if the area is full of other players. I'm not too good with computers, but I know that I fall short of the required memory that's needed to play (it says my computer has 240MB RAM), and I have a 32MB video card, or something like that. Would upgrading either of these fix this 'problem' that I'm having? If I ever tried to go into an instance with a group of people (which I'm yet to do), then I'm probably going to be dragging all the other people in the group behind with this issue that I'm having, and I don't really want to do that to them. All the other specs are fine however.

Razola
31st March 2005, 07:06 AM
WoW is a very RAM-intensive game, and I also suffer choppy framerates on occasion when entering large cities with lots of players with 512MB of RAM. Upgrading the RAM is probably going to get you the most bang for your buck.

Razola
7th April 2005, 06:41 PM
New patch is coming down the pipe. Finally, at long last...

HONOR

PNT510
7th April 2005, 09:14 PM
Now if only I was good at PVP this would be great. How could I couldn't have picked a class like rouge, so I could gank my way to victory.

Razola
7th April 2005, 09:21 PM
Now if only I was good at PVP this would be great. How could I couldn't have picked a class like rogue, so I could gank my way to victory.
What class are you?

PNT510
8th April 2005, 02:48 AM
I am a warrior, and blame cleveland school systems for my inablity to spell.

Red Angel
8th April 2005, 03:33 AM
New patch is coming down the pipe. Finally, at long last...

HONOR

Excellent, we get an 'honor' system that actively encourages 60s to gank 50s and provides no penalties for ganking lower levels. And no, I'm not whining for my own sake - I'm nigh-impossible to catch as a Druid - I had 3 level 60s trying to chase me down today to no avail (I'm level 41).

Lezta
8th April 2005, 05:36 AM
Meh, I concur. Dishonour needs to exist dammit. :\ It wouldn't be hard at all to include safeguards against lowbies hitting people so they get dishonour if they attack back. (just log who attacked first. Simple)

PNT510
8th April 2005, 12:32 PM
I'm sorry, but what's so dishonorable about killing someone a lower level than you? There is a war between the horde and the allience. PVP would be retarded if you were only supose to fight people within a few levels of your own.

Razola
8th April 2005, 01:29 PM
If you people would actually do your homework rather than whine, you'd know that Greens give substantially less Honor than Yellow+ players, and there are diminishing returns on repeated kills of a player.

Lezta
8th April 2005, 06:31 PM
I know this.

However, it doesn't stop people doing it purely because they want to annoy people. I don't really care if I get ganked; but somehow a small part of me would like to see idiots who go around doing something just to annoy people punished. *shrugs*

And no, there isn't a war. I know it's a petty thing to argue about - but there isn't a war. There's tension that may be rising towards a war, but no war. Meh. Petty plot point.

Razola
8th April 2005, 06:36 PM
It's a Cold War. There technically isn't any real combat between the two powers, but they are spats breaking out in certain areas. Generally things are defensive in nature.

And they are still enemies, so it doesn't make sense to be scolded for attacking a weaker foe. Do you think the Iraqis or Coalition troops have some sort of rule where you can't attack an enemy soldier if he has X less years of experience than you?

And you are punished indirectly because you are wasting time fighting lowbies when you could be gaining honor somewhere else. While it takes a while to go down in rank, you can't waste time ganking weaklings if you want the sweet stuff.

Lezta
8th April 2005, 06:40 PM
Firstly, it's a game. Real life references usually don't work. Balance is the issue. But as my point isn't really about balance that's moot so I'll shuttup.

I understand it all and I trust Blizzard know what they're doing... but... I just love the idea of 'jerks' being attacked by their own faction NPCs.

PNT510
8th April 2005, 07:05 PM
It would still make no sense to punish players for killing weaker enimies. The lower level guys should just get some powerful friends, or level up faster.

Razola
8th April 2005, 07:08 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with it on PvE servers, but on PvP you're really supposed to use your head and resources at hand to get out of bad spots.

Ninetales3001
13th April 2005, 04:10 AM
Heh, I haven't posted on TPM for a while now.

I play WoW~ It's so much fun. I have a level 60 NE Druid on a Normal server. =)

Razola
15th April 2005, 05:18 AM
What's with you people and PvE servers? I got a pally to level 12 on Lothar, and rerolled him on Warsong.

And to hell with making Horde on PvE. Gnomes should have to live in FEAR.

PNT510
15th April 2005, 01:58 PM
My problem with PvE is that the Role Playing servers are all PvE, it makes no sense if your character is a blood thirsty orc who wants to rid the land of gnomes when you can't attack them without consent.

Razola
17th April 2005, 03:33 AM
I did a tribute run in Dire Maul tonight, and I am convinced the Paladin class has the highest percentage of retards.

Razola
29th April 2005, 02:29 AM
Took down Lucifron and Magmadar in Molten Core tonight. Went on a lot longer than expected, but a fantastic job if you looked at our circumstances.

And I can't get keyed for Onyxia because Bolvar spawns and despawns at random ass times. This'll be fixed next content patch, which once again has me amazed at Blizzard's service.

PNT510
29th April 2005, 11:09 AM
Did anyone get an Honor rank? I got most of my kills by grouping in the western plaugelands for protection.

Razola
29th April 2005, 01:28 PM
I got Sargeant with 3,080 contribution points. I partook in the mass slaughter in STV on Tuesday, which was very inefficient and then I just went to Hillsbrad for fun.

My epic mount is now only 800g. Sah-weet.

Razola
8th May 2005, 05:34 AM
I just wanted everyone to know that we're getting two battlegrounds next patch.

PNT510
8th May 2005, 04:22 PM
Then I can start playing again without getting raped when trying to do anything!

Razola
8th May 2005, 10:33 PM
I have gotten from 38 to 43 so far with the honor patch. Honestly, everyone is overreacting.

PNT510
9th May 2005, 12:09 AM
I think it's one you reach level 50 when things get bad with the honor patch, and it also depends on class.

Red Angel
9th May 2005, 10:56 PM
I have gotten from 38 to 43 so far with the honor patch. Honestly, everyone is overreacting.

The problems with the honor system don't happen at all levels. Up to 25, you're fine, since even the contested areas rarely have the opposite faction in them. Once you get into Duskwood, Stranglethorn, and Southshore things start getting very ganky up until about level 40. From 40 to 50, there are enough spots (hint: Desolace and Feralas work well) as well as several instances (Scarlet Monastery, Uldaman, Maraudon) that allow you to level at a reasonable rate. Once you hit 50, though, all the level 60s now have even more reason to kill you, and you start entering the warzones (Felwood, Ur'Goro, Plaguelands).

I think it's one you reach level 50 when things get bad with the honor patch, and it also depends on class.

That's true, because it's at that poink that you become an HK to level 60s. I've pretty much decided to take a break from my level 52 Druid after getting killed by 3 to 6 level 60s 10 times in as many minutes while trying to quest in Felwood. I'm currently leveling a Gnome Mage and having lots of fun while letting my Druid soak up the sweet, sweet rest EXP.

Razola
10th May 2005, 01:33 AM
Something tells me people are overreacting.
EDIT: Got my sweet Kodo today. God bless the Honor system and Sergeant Guildmates.

PNT510
10th May 2005, 01:10 PM
I spent 1/2 to 2/3's of my playing time running to my corpse when trying to level. I'm not over reacting, I'm just bored.

Razola
11th May 2005, 08:55 PM
Battlegrounds on Test Server.

GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Red Angel
14th May 2005, 10:44 PM
Battlegrounds on Test Server.

GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

The 40v40 is likely to become a SS-TM style zerg-a-thon, but I'm looking forward the the CTF one. Mostly because it involves lots of running, and Druids are oh-so-good at it :P

Razola
23rd May 2005, 07:05 AM
I am level 52. When is the Honor System supposed to come and rape me in the asshole? Because I'm still chugging at almost a level a day.

EDIT: I forgot how much I love Un'Goro. Fun quests with good exp.

PNT510
23rd May 2005, 08:41 AM
Things have calmed down compared to a couple weeks ago.

Razola
23rd May 2005, 10:20 PM
Man, Druids are so awesome at PvP. A rogue kept jacking me during mobs, and one time we crossed paths and dismounted to go at it.

He was my bitch.

Razola
7th June 2005, 05:39 AM
BATTLEGROUNDS COME OUT TODAY.

Leon-IH
7th June 2005, 06:05 AM
Well, I've got my shaman to 60 a week or so ago - currently getting my Onyxia key.

PvE > PvP if your playing horde.

All alliance do is zerg, XvX alliance never win they just outnumber you 3-1 in my experience. Sadly they STILL can't take down orgrimmar on proudmoore despite this 3-1 numbers advantage.

Razola
7th June 2005, 07:06 AM
PvP > PvE if your playing horde.
It's cute how we can win with lower levels or numbers. Very cute.

Sargeras is slightest more Horde than Alliance, but it's about as balanced as the numbers are going to get.

Last Exile
13th July 2005, 07:47 PM
I've played for 13 days now. My Female Night Elf Druid is now Level 29. Herbalism 217, Alchemy 176. Honour Kills around 100. I play on Blackrock since that's the only server that has a high Australian player content.

Yesterday, I only got killed by the Horde 5 times. I killed Horde members 15 times and nearly every single time they were higher level than me. One Level 30 Undead Warrior killed a Level 23 teammate of mine so I owned the Undead guy back. Then for the next 5 minutes he went after me 4 more times and I owned him every single time. 5 times in 5 minutes, what a moron. You think we would've learned his lesson after the first couple of times! Then he sent his Level 34 Orc Warrior buddy to come after me and I owned him too. Hilarious. These days only Tauren Shaman are killing me. I'm able to escape Rogues and the rest pretty easily now, regardless of their level.

The new patch came on yesterday. Apparently it's meant to make warriors and warlocks better, has a new area and the Darkmoon Faire will be appreaing every now and then in Elwynn Forest. All it's done so far is cause people a lot of grief. I lost 2 hours of playing time thanks to the ressurection glitches, loss of XP and profession points gained and dying while not even being logged in despite the fact I logged out alive in a safe place. A lot of people complained their Leatherworking wasn't working, the boats stopped in the middle of the ocean, teleports weren't working, gryphons stopped moving in the middle of their flight path...

Nice going Blizzard. Despite their stuffups, I still gained 2 levels yesterday. No thanks to them. I'm glad I'll never have to go back to Stonetalon and that I'll be leaving Ashenvale in the next couple of days. Time to head to Felwood and Duskwood.

The Muffin Man
13th July 2005, 10:22 PM
Somethings up with the new patches.

Today I was playing my troll Hunter Sildak(lvl 17 on Frostwolf, I'm on CoH a lot more :P) and I kept randomly getting hit by lightning bolts. The ONLY enemy who could be hurting me with lightning spells was a DEAD Kolkar.

Also, once my pet died I couldn't revive him till I went back to town and then to the stables. It was...quite annoying. Just to clarify, if I tried to Call Pet it'd either say "You already have an active pet" or "Your pet is dead." Revive Pet would let me CAST it, but nothing would come of it.

Finally, when running back to crossroads(After the "No Pet revive" incident), I got hit by random lightning bolts. They didn't hurt, just...annoyed me.

Razola
14th July 2005, 12:13 AM
Time to head to Felwood and Duskwood.
Felwood is a level 50 zone.

GOOD LUCK ^_________________________^

PNT510
14th July 2005, 04:18 PM
And if you're already level 29 you're gonna blow through duskwood. The quests/mobs are level 18-28 there I think.

Razola
14th July 2005, 05:56 PM
It's a bit high, but the major quest chains there end in the early 30s and are worth the effort. It's also got some nice storylines pertaining to Duskwood's situation.

PNT510
14th July 2005, 07:04 PM
I agree duskwood has a good story, although I haven't really been able to follow much of the games story after that point because I would always do half the quests from one area and then move onto the next.[/b]

The Muffin Man
14th July 2005, 09:15 PM
It's cute how we can win with lower levels or numbers. Very cute.

Sargeras is slightest more Horde than Alliance, but it's about as balanced as the numbers are going to get.

My friend claims Horde gets the tougher quest.

Today he said it when I was playing my new Gnome Mage and I said "Have you seen have the Alliance players?"
I WAS gonna ask him if he's ever had an alliance character past lvl 20(he hasn't) but I decided against it.

Last Exile
15th July 2005, 11:06 PM
I ended up going to Southshore, just perfect now that I'm Level 30. Travel form is lovely and Level 5 Wrath is giving so much more damage. Owned plenty of Undeads and some Orcs yesterday. Bloody Tauren Shamans still too strong though.

Leon-IH
17th July 2005, 07:18 AM
The new patch is pretty damn buggy, and proudmoore server is going down more than a drunk cheerleader at a frat party.

I've been messing about with my priest most of the time lately (lvl45) me and my buddy have been 2 manning Uldaman (with his 60 mage) - haven't tried to do Archaedas yet but he's a waste of time anyway unless theres a warrior (only good drops are the ring and the 2% crit 2hand mace he drops).

Last Exile
24th July 2005, 11:12 PM
The new patch glitched so bad for the first 3 days. 3 times while offline my character died (!!!), there was a 2 hour period I couldn't ressurect it at all. A few days ago my character got dropped right in ther middle of the Veiled Sea while on a boat between the continents. There's still a bit fo a glitch while looting or picking up herbs that my character gets frozen in a looting position.

Now Level 38. Been to Southshore, Arathi highlands, Stranglehorn Vale and Thousand Needles. A Level 60 took em on a run through Scarlet Monastery to kill one of the bosses and he dropped a blue rarity staff that required Level 34 to use. It's such a damn good staff, I know level 50s that haven't found a better one than it yet and I got it moments after hitting Level 34.

STV is a nice place aside from the mega ganking. Thousand Needles was easy for questing and ganking. The Badlands sucked. Gnomeregan is pure hell. Arathi is alright, some damn long chains and the elites are bloody hard, even in 5 player groups. Alterac looks crappy.

I should be able to afford my mount once i hit Level 40. Herbalism 278, Alchemy 244.

Any suggestions as where to go after STV? I was thinking maybe Feralas but it didn't seem to have many quests. It does have Sungrass, which I need badly. What palces are good for after cracking Level 40?

PNT510
25th July 2005, 12:54 AM
Feralas and Badlands is where I leveled after 40. I also spent some time in STV finishing up a few quests.

Last Exile
25th July 2005, 01:48 AM
I figured you'd say the Badlands...

That place gives me the creeps. While Feralas is so pretty...

Razola
25th July 2005, 08:08 AM
I did a bit of Badlands, but I really got ahead by doing STV. It helps to have a group with STV, though.

PNT510
25th July 2005, 08:34 AM
I didn't really like the Badlands much, but there is a chain quest that gets you the trinket Nifty Stopwatch. I don't know how many times the thing has saved my life. http://thottbot.com/?i=38389
I don't know how helpful it would be for a caster class, but it has helped me finish of fleeing rouges in PVP and it's great to use to run away from mobs when I pull to many.

Last Exile
25th July 2005, 07:33 PM
Sounds good. I could use it. I get away half the time from 50+ people these days thanks to Travel Form but Hunters and Shamans stop me from getting away. And last night a 50+ Tauren Druid chased me for 10 minutes before he finally caught me because he first saw me when i was underwater and not close to any landform. I don't have that trinket, I could use it. Combine that with Travel Form and I'm gone! :)

Thanks, Pants. :) I should have all the ingredients for the Frost Oil and some of my fellow guild members are engineers so they should make the other thing no problem.

STV is a good place to level up but I've rarely been able to group there unfortuantely. I've been forced to solo most missions there. Im getting to the point I'll be forced to group most fo the remaining ones so hopefully I can form some.

I got the name of the staff I got. Illusionary Rod. http://thottbot.com/?i=3228

This staff has helped me so much now. It does equal damage to my Wrath spell so these days I'll cast Faerie Fire then Moonfire, then just melee attack and focus my mana on healing other people. Illusionary Rod dropped from Arcanist Doan, the boss in the library instance in Scarlet Monastery. It'll be quite a while before I find something better. I was damn lucky I got it about 2 hours I turned Level 34. A Lv60 Female Human Paladin from our guild, Khiera, took me through there and did all the fighting and just told me to stay back and occasionally heal her. She rocks. :) I got about 5 better armour pieces and that staff on that run so I really benefited from that big time.

I onyl have one other blue thing, some cloth shoulder armour that requires Lv32, gives 32 armour and +5 to magical damage and magic resistance. I need better armour.

Raz, Pants, is Gnomeregan worth it? There's some blue rarity leggings I wouldn't mind getting from there as a reward for one fo the quests but finding stuff in that place takes forever. I might do it but I've still got loads of STV ones to do so I don't know if it's be worth it. Plus the fact I'm Lv38 and the XP might not be worth Gnomeregan's time.

PNT510
25th July 2005, 09:43 PM
I wouldn't know if it's worth it. Alot of my guildmates talked about how annoying it was, so I just skipped it.

Razola
26th July 2005, 04:35 PM
If you get a good group it's worth doing once for the quest rewards.

The Muffin Man
26th July 2005, 09:23 PM
Is it...is it wrong that I like my Gnome Mage?

If it's any consollation, I'd gladly delete it for my Troll Hunters sake.

PNT510
26th July 2005, 10:04 PM
Gnomes are awesome, and so are Mages. So I don't see whats wrong with it.

The Muffin Man
26th July 2005, 10:07 PM
Gnomes are awesome, and so are Mages. So I don't see whats wrong with it.

What if I told you I also prefered the Alliance? <.< >.>

That seems to be the taboo amongst the "cool" kids. Hating gnomes and the alliance. I dunno, I just never found the Orcs to be very interesting.

And before anyone points at the humans, my main is a Dwarf Paladin.

PNT510
26th July 2005, 10:21 PM
I perfer Alliance as well, I havent played any horde characters past level 5. I might play as on Orc or Undead once PVP RP realms open up though.

Last Exile
27th July 2005, 02:35 AM
Gnomes make the best mages, undisputable fact.

Just got Level 40 and Herbalism 300. :) Mount coming up soon.

Other characters I have interests in playing are:

Human Warrior
Human Paladin
Gnome Mage
Gnome Warlock
Night Elf Priest

Have no interest in ever making a Horde character.

Razola
27th July 2005, 11:02 AM
The Alliance is full of bland humans of varying shortness. The Horde, however, has naked cow dancing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/Razola/sigtest1.png

EDIT: The Alliance also has the larger number of idiots. I have played BOTH sides to 60, so I'm not pulling this out of my ass. I've met way too many retarded Paladins.

Craig
27th July 2005, 10:45 PM
EDIT: I forgot how much I love Un'Goro. Fun quests with good exp.

omgwtfbbq

how can anyone like un'goro

seriously... hate that place, and its grave yard.

On my server, the Horde outnumber us "apparently" 1.1 to 1. Thats counting from 10-60. At level 60 though, it is much more contrasted. Horde outnumber us like ass.

Been playin, as my hunter. I spent a long time, trying to tame this certain vulture named "Spiteflayer" because it is the only non-cat that has an attack speed under 2.0, while also being able to bite AND claw. I finally got it 2 days ago. It took 3 weeks, of checking twice a day (sometimes at 6 or 7 am.). So yeah, Im pretty glad that I finally have it.

My guild (http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?guildid=144538) was shaken up by some drama lately. More people are becoming disillusioned that we are not interested in killing Ragnaros, people keep leaving and when we tried to do Blackwing Lair, not many people showed up (after they had previously signed up) We instituted various changes :)

Is anyone going to be playing on the PVP RP Server? Some of my friends are going to be rolling Horde as guild "Phoenix Gate", it'd be awesome for horde players on it to join that guild. Just PM me.... Of course the pvp rp isn't out yet, but it will eventually. Im thinking of rolling an Undead Mage (But i'll be running to Durotar upon creation.)

So yeah.

Leon-IH
29th July 2005, 08:34 PM
how can anyone like un'goro

seriously... hate that place, and its grave yard.

Whats wrong with you? do you die alot or something? :P

So close to full elements for my shaman now, lost the rolloff on the helmet in Scholo the other night and that and the boots (which suck anyway) is all I want.

If anyone's wondering on proudmoore no horde raid has got ragnaros below 16% yet (and the raid that got him that low recently split in half).

The Muffin Man
29th July 2005, 10:57 PM
The Alliance is full of bland humans of varying shortness. The Horde, however, has naked cow dancing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/Razola/sigtest1.png

EDIT: The Alliance also has the larger number of idiots. I have played BOTH sides to 60, so I'm not pulling this out of my ass. I've met way too many retarded Paladins.

Well it's BOTH sides.

All the "ZOMGAWTH" people make Undead Rogues and Warlocks. "OLOL NOW IM SO MUCH MOR INTUN WIT DA DARKNESS LOLZ".

Also, it's an undisputable fact that 98% of all Night Elves and Orcs(98% seperately, not all together) are absolutely retarded.

Razola
30th July 2005, 07:59 PM
I have seen less idiots on the Horde than on the Alliance. I couldn't even base it on race for Horde: I see 'em in each race. And since you have more people, it makes sense. Alliance is pretty easy: Night Elves and Paladins are generally half-retarded.

I think it's just the female Alliance characters. It draws in thirteen-year-old idiots.

The Muffin Man
30th July 2005, 09:08 PM
Alright, well how is the Alliance easier?

I hear this all the time, and I'm not gonna stop calling bullshit until someone finally says something. If I recall, my first alliance quest is usually "Kill 10 boars". My first horde quest is "Pick apples."

Last Exile
30th July 2005, 11:14 PM
As if being a Night Elf is easy.

The Horde raid and corpse camp far more than the Alliance do. In Stranglehorn Vale, the Horde stayed at the Nessingwary site for 4 DAYS STRAIGHT depsite having no missions there! And Level 60 Troll Rogues are absolute scum. They never let you go. Don't they get bored of killing someone who doesn't give them honour kills for 2 HOURS STRAIGHT?!

Sorry, Raz, but the 13 year olds play for the Horde as Shamans and Rogues. And the Undead. I have never seen one Horde player with a decent character name. They are all completely noobish.

At least the Alliance have decent looking women. The Horde females are all skanky sluts. And as for necro sex between Undead characters...

PNT510
30th July 2005, 11:22 PM
If you want skanky slut characters look no farther than Night Elfs.

Razola
31st July 2005, 02:45 AM
Alright, well how is the Alliance easier?

I hear this all the time, and I'm not gonna stop calling bullshit until someone finally says something. If I recall, my first alliance quest is usually "Kill 10 boars". My first horde quest is "Pick apples."
The first quest for Orcs and Trolls is kill X boars. Picking apples is like the second one. Of course...basing difficulty on the first quests in the game is stupid. You'd have to be a blind monkey not to make level 10 in under five hours.

Horde has it slightly harder than the Alliance. Just look at the requirements to get the Onyxia key for both sides. I have done both, and Horde was a bigger pain in the ass.

EDIT: I wonder how many Night Elf Rogues I have seen with the name "Darksomething" or "Shadowhatever" or just some retarded name about killing. Oh and the PALADIN names. "Darksoul" was my personal favorite. I mean, it's so retarded I want to go back in time and abort them.

EDIT: I think my warlock is cute: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/Razola/loa.jpg

Last Exile
31st July 2005, 07:32 AM
I will admit Night Elf Rogues tick me off as well as Horde rogues. The NE ones brag so much in general chat then get mashed when they go into battle.

Your warlock looks downright scary, Raz. Some NE females look okay but some look awful. Human Females rock, Gnome ones are cute and I don't think I've ever seen a female Dwarf and I'm not sure I want to.

It really depends who you make friends with. All the people I mission with regularly are aged 20-30, abstain from trash talk and actually know what they're doing. One fo the 2 level 60s did an SM run for me once to get Illusionary Rod (she's close to 30 IRL I think)and she's going to help me do a full run on Tuesday night. A Level 48 Priest from the same guild (aged 22) helped me do some tougher Feralas missions to get me to 43 and we did some major Horde ganking in the meanwhile because our skills complimented.

Got 4 ZF missions so I'll be doing a major run there this week. Uldamann was such a waste of time, maybe more annoying than Gnomeregan.

EDIT: Couple of additions.

1. Raz, the Horde organise ganking far better than the Alliance. You guys are almost always in groups of 3 or more when you go after the Alliance. And when Alliance players get ganked, people generally don't care and tell you to shut up or stop playing. Only certain players will help you out or organise a counter-strike. This is the one part of the Alliance I don't like. They never try to counter Horde strikes and don't back each other up most of the time. However, if you stick with members of your guild, you tend to be okay.

2. I got 11 levels on my 1st day, which took about 7 hours, I think. After the early part, NE missions get very tedious so it wasn't easy after the first few hours. The ones between 11-20 were ridiculous at times but I never liked the look of Westfall or Duskwood so I stayed with Darkshore and Ashenvale Forest. Stonetalon Mountain really helped my Herbalism and Alchemy so AF was worth it. However, I will admit the Wetlands were better than AF quite readily. It's far too easy for the Horde to raid Astranaar. As for the 30-40 regions, Southshore was okay but nothing that engaging at all, it was very time consuming and tedious and the rewards sucked. Arathi Highlands were a bit better, easier to counter the Horde there and there were plenty of people wanting to do Stromgarde assaults. Desolace was fun, missions were easy as solo or duos, good XP and some decent rewards. Aside from the ganking, Stranglehorn Vale has lots of missions, mega XP and some very nice item rewards which really boosted my armour. Scarlet Monastery is decent though, providing you get past the Horde blocking the entrance.

Now I'm in the 40s, areas are STV, Badlands, Feralas, Tanaris and the Hinterlands. I kinda stopped STV for a while at 41, the remaining 4 missions were ridiculous to do at that level and most STV groups don't have a clue about how to NOT mass aggro! Badlands were okay as long as you weren't alone. Feralas is so pretty and the missions were a lot easier than STV or the Badlands. Tanaris is okay but I'm always a bit freaked out when I go there because Gadgetzan is a far more dangerous version of Booty Bay. However, Zul'Farrak sounds like a decent dungeon, which I need because Blackfathom Deeps, Gnomeregan and Uldamann were really crap. Haven't been to the Hinterlands yet but will probably check it out in the enxt couple of days once I clear my log a bit, it's loaded with stuff from Tanaris and Feralas.

Just a query on the Druid Talent trees, I was going to pump about 40 points into Restoration and 11 into Balance. Is it even worth putting any into Feral Combat? Because all the abilities there, aside from maybe Feral Charge, look completely crap! I was planning to pump all healing spells except for Rejuvenation, already put in Nature's Focus and Nature's Swiftness (god, I can't even count anymore how many times I've saved myself or someone else thanks to this ability!), max out the mana and hp regens, max out Subtlety. I will get Enervate at Level 47 when it becomes available. As for Balance, put 5 in Wrath and 2 for the extended range one. Sometime in the 50s I was planning to put 3 into Entangling Roots and just burn the final point on Omen of Clarity because I'll have used up every decent option on the 2 trees once I reach 59 so the Level 60 point won't be of much use.

PS. Raz, your warlock ain't sexy or cute, but it does look cool. ;) The staff and shades are very stylish.

Razola
1st August 2005, 01:06 AM
I'd have to take the googles off. The face is probably the best one they can get.

As for Feral Combat, Improved Bash is insane. I can't imagine not having it. Same with Feral Charge. It's way too useful. Of course, I also like the two talents that add combo points/rage when you crit, but that is just me.

Last Exile
1st August 2005, 03:55 AM
I just learned that the hard way. :) I'll have to redo my talents soon, #3 lineup.

And I'm 44 now. Feralas was brilliant, Tanaris was gank central but beneficial.

Razola
1st August 2005, 09:55 PM
The reason the servers are crapping out is because Penny-Arcade and PvP made rival guilds on Dark Iron.

We wanged a WoW server.

PNT510
1st August 2005, 10:39 PM
[b]How many people are in each of these guilds? Also, do you have to be a member of the PA forums to join the guild?

Razola
2nd August 2005, 12:51 PM
Currently enrollment is down. The one guild is up to 500 people and "The Fancy Lads" was created and got to 200.

Panda Attack is at 500 and Scott Kurtz is currently culling members who are level 5 or under. The PA guilds are going to do the same in a week, with level 10 as the cut-off.

And no, forum membership is not required. But at this point there are no invites and Dark Iron is just dubbed the offical PA server.

Last Exile
2nd August 2005, 08:08 PM
I'm in the Fists of Justice on Blackrock. Lot of people in it but I'm not sure how many are currently active though. At night there's about 20 of us on and at least half of them are 55-60. I should be able to join in on their higher level dungeon raids soon.

Server got rejigged alst night. Little ticked off because the 60 female paladin (she is female IRL) promised me an SM run. Hopefully I can get one out of her today, or a ZF run instead.

You guys heard much about 1.7 coming out next month? The word is Druids and Hunters are going to have some massive upgrades.

FTorchicX
3rd August 2005, 12:37 AM
I'm currently in the Bloodhoof area, and I have to kill these stupid Apha Wolves to get their teeth. God is it hard. >>

I have a Tauren Hunter named Boramaire, and he is level 9. Just you know, if anyone's curious.

The word is Druids and Hunters are going to have some massive upgrades.

Yeah, I heard about it. I don't know any more than you though.

Razola
3rd August 2005, 04:18 AM
Hunter talent buffs are available on the main site. Druid talent buffs are in patch 1.8. Apparently there is going to be catform buffs in 1.7, which will most likely break the class. Nice job there blizzard.

Last Exile
3rd August 2005, 06:35 PM
The double damage for hunters' pets? Yeah, I heard of that one too, Raz. I'm pissed I have to wait until 1.8 for some imporvements. It seems like every class is getting a boost bnefore the druids will.

Mind you, double damage for their pets will be meaningless after I cast Hibernate. That Level 50 Orc Hunter never knew what him! :) And neither did that 60 Mage I ganked last night. That guy sent 5 Shamans after me and they never found me! :)

Level 45 now. The Hinterlands were SO EASY! 100000 XP in 5 hours! :) Now I got a few suddenly activated oens for Feralas and Tanaris to do. Plus my 6th mission for Zul'Farrak just popped up after I completed a Hinterlands quest. I hear there are a lot of good drops for druids in ZF so I will be doing some runs there in the next 3 days.

Just wish I could make gold faster. Herbalism and Alchemy don't seem to be moneymaking professions.

PNT510
3rd August 2005, 06:55 PM
[b]You wanna make good money? Go with Skinning and Mining.

Last Exile
3rd August 2005, 07:17 PM
So everyone tells me. But I have Herbalism 300 and Alchemy 283. I am not doing new professions from the start now.

Oh well. I do make some money off of them, depends on the day. One day I sold 5 lots of herbs for 20g, the next day I couldn't sell any. As for potions, I guess I could sell the major ones for 2g minimum and also Trasmute Arcanite for 5g a bar since the Philosopher's Stone has a 2 day cooldown.

Razola
4th August 2005, 03:09 AM
Farm water essence.
Transmute to Air.
Profit.

I also like to farm Hearthglen for some extra change and runecloth.

This is my current build. (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/druids/talents.html?0140003000000000502501500011010000555 000150010000) For those curious. I love ganking rogues. Especially Night Elf rogues.

My guild downed Gehennas last night. We're starting Onyxia runs next week. It sucks our previous alliance fell apart, but it's good to be making progress. I am saving up DKP for my Stormrage Cover.

Last Exile
4th August 2005, 08:37 PM
Yeah, an engineer friend told me that too. Thanks for the tip. A mission run in Feralas netted me about 60 Silk and 30 Mageweave.

Where do you get Essence of Water? I only ever got 2 airs off of elementals in Desolace.

Did a very brief ZF run last night, Beat Gahr'zilla. I won the roll for the rare item but it was maila romour so i couldn't use it. But I made about 4g off of that 20 min run and completed the mission so I now have Carrot on A Stick and Level 46. Doing more ZF runs as well as preparing for Maraudon since I now have 3 for there.

PS. What levels are Burning Steppes and Blasted Lands meant for? I heard BS was a 40-47 area.

So I have Feralas, Tanaris, Hinterlands and Burning Steppes as good for 40-50. Any other areas?

Razola
4th August 2005, 09:39 PM
Once you hit your 50s you can farm the corrupted water elementals in Felwood for essences. However, in order to learn the transmute you have to buy it from a dwarf in Caer Darrow. The catch is he's dead, and to be able to see him you have to talk to the ghosts in front of Scholomance to get a quest line. Finish it and they will let you see the ghosts on the island.

Burning Steppes and Blasted Lands are ideal for the mid-to-high 40s. Note that there is very little to do for quests in Blasted Lands right now. Burning Steppes recently had a whole town added (Thorium Point), with lots of quests for level 40s. It's in the North-West area of the zone.

Note that Stranglethorn does have some quests for people in their 40s.

Leon-IH
5th August 2005, 09:42 PM
Best moneyspinning transmute is Undeath to Water IMO, turns about 5g into about 20g (or at least on proudmoore).

On a side note: proudmoore server is utterly fucked today :(

Last Exile
6th August 2005, 12:26 AM
THanks for the info, Raz.

I got so many good items yesterday, I can finally begin to have some pride in my items. Got a rare head armour, Engineer's Headpiece so I can finalyl say I have another rare item besides Illusionary Rod. I also got Carrot on a Stick, some better bracers that dropped from a lv49 creep, a +4 stamina +10 spirit ring, better chest armour, a +5 stamina + 6 intellect + 5 spirit necklace. ZF gave me so much XP and I now have 5 Maraudon quests and some elites in the Hinterlands. I've wiped out STV and the Badlands off my log and there's no one else left to give quests so one Mara and Hinters are done I'm checking out Blasted Lands and Burning Steppes.

But something weird happened alst night, Raz. When I hit 47, 7 people in Darnassus have suddenly popped up with grey !s on top of them emaning they ahve quests soon as have about3-5 other people in Ironforge. Plus the innkeeper in IF gave me the chance to get a quest from Arch Druid Fandral for gettign soil from Un'Goro and an explorer in IF wants me to get tablet rubbings from Azshara. But I was certain Un'Goro and Ashzara are 50+ areas, aren't they? I'm a little freaked I have these two missions already if that's the case.

Leon-IH
6th August 2005, 08:59 AM
Ungoro mobs really start around lvl 49 or so, at lvl51 more than half of ungoro is fairly easy.

Ashzara has a bunch of mobs the are closer to lvl48 than 50 but the naga do get pretty high.

Razola
7th August 2005, 10:31 PM
Just because you get a quest doesn't mean you can do it instantly. Sometimes you might get a quest that is orange or red to you.

I'd say Un'Goro is best to start at 50.

Last Exile
8th August 2005, 08:20 AM
I'm so ticked right now. I managed to get into a Maraudon group witrh 3 lv 60s, we'd gotten to Pricnes sTheldurin, I would've been lv49 after handing in the quest and would've had Resurgence Rod, then the instance freezes. After 2 instance reezes and 4 server crashes and a restart. All within a 10 hour period!

Jon, Blizzard. THanks a bloody lot. I didn't pay for incompetence.

At least my 5 Vibrant Plumes got me 12 Tickets at the Darkmoon Faire.

Razola
9th August 2005, 03:28 PM
One guild had the server crash with 3% left on Ragnaros.

Ow.

Craig
14th August 2005, 10:48 PM
One guild had the server crash with 3% left on Ragnaros.

Ow.

Our guild finally took him down just about a week or so ago, one attempt we made we failed with 1% of Rag's health left. Someone had a mod that said how much life rather than % and said it was reporting Rag to only have had 38 life left.

38 life!

Last Exile
15th August 2005, 03:20 AM
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=14393

That dropped in Felwood in my party of me and someone else an hour ago. I lost the roll as I only rolled 15...

I'm not posting anything on this whole site again until I hit 60 and get at least one epic item. I'm sick of having to win sympathy rolls because i'm the only one in the group that can use leather or daggers of orbs. I never win group or major rolls. God, 2 weeks ago in the one SM run all of my 15 rolls were between 2-13.

I am feeling very low right now. The merged guild I was in paid me out non-stop for losing the roll. I quit immediately. A friend of mine says he is going to get himself, me and 7 other players into Soga though, one of only 4 guilds on Blackrock that has actually beaten Rangaros and Onyxia. So at least I have some respect out there. Some people say i level up damn fast compared to most people and that i excel at questing.

That still doesn't stop me from feeling like complete crap right now...

Don't expect me to post anything on TPM for maybe a month or so.

PNT510
15th August 2005, 12:51 PM
[b]Don't get so down on losing rolls, there was a big period where all my gear was 5-15 levels below what I needed because of bad rolls, things work themselfs out eventually. Bad luck doesn't last forever.

Razola
15th August 2005, 05:32 PM
That is an awful hammer for druids.

EDIT: I have like...five or so epics. Molten Core + Alterac Valley for the win!

Last Exile
15th August 2005, 08:30 PM
Yeah, you're right. I'm over it now. I just wanted it for the money. I'm Level 53 and I have only 105 gold. I could've sold that hammer for at least 500.

Is Ashzara mainly a Horde area? I found only 4 missions to do there. Felwood was loaded. I found I missed a few easy Blasted Lands missions though, so I'm gonna do them today. And I should get into more Western Plaguelands missions soon.

Razola
15th August 2005, 10:41 PM
Azshara has a pretty small number of quests for both sides. I'd say Horde has more since they have Valormok and can still talk to that Tauren at your flightpath. But even then I had only a handful of quests.

Leon-IH
18th August 2005, 08:04 AM
Yeah, you're right. I'm over it now. I just wanted it for the money. I'm Level 53 and I have only 105 gold. I could've sold that hammer for at least 500.

Why would anyone want that hammer as endgame kit? :/

Seriously don't talk to me about gold, I'm about to be bankrupt - getting my epic when I unload this bloody crusader enchant formula.

Last Exile
19th August 2005, 07:55 AM
I can't even afford to buy epics.
i had to spend around 25g for 2 quests for the Argent Dawn. sad.

About to get level 57. The only area I haven't really explored is Silithus. I note this place wasn't in the original version. Isthere much questing to do there?

PNT510
19th August 2005, 02:57 PM
[b]There are a couple of quests, nothing really worth checking out.

Razola
19th August 2005, 07:00 PM
One quest is worth checking out as it ends with you getting a nice off-hander.

Last Exile
19th August 2005, 11:39 PM
Off-handers are good. I'll checxk it out once I'm done in EPL. I cleared Felwood, Un'Goro and Winterspring yesterday along with WPL so I only have EPL, Silithus, Burning Steppes and dungeons left.

EDIT: I finally completed my last EPL mission, boy was it worth it. It was the 11th and final part of the Little Pamela chain - [60] The Battle of Darrowshire. This chain is the most fun chain ever. I don't know if you guys did it but I'm so glad I did. The guts of the story is that Auntie in an abandoned house in Sorrow Hill tells you about little Pamela Redpath, a little 6-year old girl who was killed when the Scourge invaded Darrowshire. After you speak to Pamela and get her doll back (man, that was a CUTE mission!), you get various missions from Auntie Redpath, Carlin Redpath and an eccentric gnome mage called Chromie to learn about Joesph Redpath, who is Carlin's brother and Pamela's father, a captain who was corrupted by the Scourge and coereced into fighting the Alliance. The gnome mage comes up with a way to alter history so you get a little time travel mission as Part 11 to refight the Battle of Darrowshire so that after Joseph Redpath was corrupted he was killed and his spirit was freed, thus reuniting Pamela and Joseph in the Afterlife. It's a pretty heartwarming chain. :)

The reward is the best I've seen for any mission so far. Completing Part 11 gets you 15250XP guaranteed and 3 Rare items (not a choice, you get all 3):

1. A necklace that gives +8 Stamina, + 10 Intellect and +10 Spirit.
2. A ring that gives 150 Armour and +9 Stamina.
3. An off-hand that gives +10 resistance to Fire, Shadow and Arcane effects.

Mind you, for such a good reward it is a bloody hard mission to get done. There is no way a 5-person party could get it done. I had to spend close to 2 hours getting a raid group of 11 people organised to be able to do this. I think the actual battle lasted 20-30 mins, it was tough. Keeping Joseph Redpath alive until he gets corrupted is hard, all the elite creeps are automatically set to go for him. The offhand isn't much use for me but that necklace and ring certainly are! It's a mission both sides can do and well worth it.

Raz, Pants, did you ever do this chain?

Razola
21st August 2005, 10:00 PM
Yes, I had to hook-up with a second five-man group to finish it. Then we killed the Alliance trying to sneak in and get the quest credit.

And fyi, Chromie is not a gnome.

PNT510
21st August 2005, 10:08 PM
[b]I never finished the chain, I was never able to get more than a 5 man group for it, and I haven't really played my main character in the last month except to do some farming for my brother.

FTorchicX
22nd August 2005, 10:56 PM
You know what really bugs me? When you're in the middle of an instance, and then one of your group members says "Oh gotta go lolz sorry". Yesterday, EVERYTIME I went into RFK, someone said "Gotta go sorry". Then we all ended up dying and just gave up. People should make sure they have time to do instances, because them coming when they have to log off soon is just a burden for everyone else. >>

Anyways, I now have a Shammy as my main (can't remember if I said that or not), and his name is Kridias (lvl 32).

Last Exile
24th August 2005, 09:37 PM
Completed the Fallen Hero of the Horde Chain yesterday. Got a 16 slot bag (Demon Hide Bag) and a nice trinket.

Although i'm verry ticked off atm. I'm 30% away from 60 and while doing my first every Sthratholme run, WoW crashed. Along with Battle.net and the Blizzard forums.

Now that is truly pathetic.

FTorchicX
25th August 2005, 06:29 PM
Completed the Fallen Hero of the Horde Chain yesterday. Got a 16 slot bag (Demon Hide Bag) and a nice trinket.

Although i'm verry ticked off atm. I'm 30% away from 60 and while doing my first every Sthratholme run, WoW crashed. Along with Battle.net and the Blizzard forums.

Now that is truly pathetic.

Wow, that's pretty crappy timing.

Meh, I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now. I'm trying to make a character on Llane that I'll stick with, but I can't find the right one. I've tried being a warrior, but honestly, I find them pretty boring. So boring, that the whole "YOU GET TO USE MAIL!!" advantage isn't even able to motivate me. I've been thinking of making a Druid, but I am so sick of the Tauren starting place I could puke, and my friend's character is a Horde character (which is why I'm trying to get a character going; so I can do instances and crap with him).

Anyways, to avoid making this just pointless rambling, what was your first character? You all know mine was Boramaire the Tauren Hunter.

PNT510
25th August 2005, 08:53 PM
[b]Mine was Thelict the Human Warrior which I played till 60 level before going bored with him. Lately I've been playing a Paladin though. I haven't played a ton lately seeing as how I am waiting for the PVP-RP realms.

Leon-IH
26th August 2005, 01:30 AM
I've got my epic kodo now, and I'm going to lead an MC raid next week.

That raid is a bit of a concern given that I've never been :o

Edit: just had the worst scholomance run ever, retarded warrior + retarded priest = dead raid.

FTorchicX
27th August 2005, 01:14 AM
[b]Mine was Thelict the Human Warrior which I played till 60 level before going bored with him. Lately I've been playing a Paladin though. I haven't played a ton lately seeing as how I am waiting for the PVP-RP realms.

Yeah, Ive recently started a Human Paladin on the Llane server, but I really want to get my guy to lvl 40 before I start training him some more. Gotta get my Kodo!

Razola
27th August 2005, 02:58 AM
PvE servers make baby Jesus cry.

Last Exile
28th August 2005, 07:40 PM
Scored Level 60 on Friday at 3:30pm local time during my 1st ever Scholomance run. It was a good one two. Ras Frostbite dropped Death Leathers and Spellbound Tome and I rolled over 90 for both and won both. That was in a 5 man party and we almost wiped the whole place, we couldn't beat Alexei Barov. The 10 man Scholo I tried an hour later fell apart in 10 mins, they had no idea how to avoid mass aggro.

Had a nightmare in Stratholme last Tuesday. The rares dropping were 12 plates in a row and the mage won nearly all of them while the paladin won all the cloth. Explain that rationale.

Which is why I'm pretty much doing guild only runs now. On Saturday night we did a very slick 90 minute wipe of UBRS and I scored Frostweaver Cape. I should get the Onyxia key and Attunement of the Core in the next few days. Hopefully by then Blackrock will stop screwing up so much that guilds can actually do Molten Core or Onyxia's Lair. I don't think any guild on Blackrock has been able to do one for two weeks now and everyone is fuming.

I saw a message from one of the heads honchos of Blizzard about 1.7 and 1.8. They said that basically the amount of work it takes to properly upgrade a class is why they can only do one per upgrade. So hunters will get some nice new abilities but have traps relegated to talent trees, warriors lose retaliation. Hopefully 1.8 will come out before the end of the year and druids will get their long overdue upgrade.

FTorchicX
29th August 2005, 12:47 AM
Had a nightmare in Stratholme last Tuesday. The rares dropping were 12 plates in a row and the mage won nearly all of them while the paladin won all the cloth. Explain that rationale.

That's also another thing I dislike. Sometimes when I'm in groups, Mages will roll for Mail Armor (when there's a Warrior in our group), and Warriors will roll for cloth. Unfortunately, some people are ninjas and will basically roll on anything and everything, regardless of if they have the required profficiency.

I'd do guild runs, but I am in a guild that only consists of a few people who actually do anything for the other members. Don't ask why I haven't left yet, because I don't know the answer myself.

Razola
29th August 2005, 12:58 AM
Scholo and Strat are so easy they should cap it at five people now. Each patch makes those two places easier and easier.

EDIT: Any of you nerds wanna PvP on the test server?

PNT510
29th August 2005, 05:31 PM
[b]Warriors don't lose retaliation, the skill has just be weakened a bit.

FTorchicX
31st August 2005, 07:25 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/FlamingTorchic/Worldglitch.png

It seems that I am yet another victim of the infamous "Glitchy Zeppelin".

Leon-IH
1st September 2005, 12:05 AM
[b]Warriors don't lose retaliation, the skill has just be weakened a bit.

Weakened to the point of being near-shit.

Did most of Uldaman today with my warrior, picked up some nice gear including the rare as heck plate helm off Eric the swift.

Last Exile
2nd September 2005, 01:12 PM
Now doing Molten Core runs. 2 parts so far has seen members of our guild nab 7 set items, 1 for each class except for a druid. Considering I'm one of only 3 druids in the runs and that one of them took something druid-like but not cenarion set, I feel a little cheated.

So far we've nailed Lucifron, Magmadar, Gehennas and Garr. Although we've kinda hit a snag with Baron Geddon. Anyone got any ideas/tips on how to take him down?

Razola
2nd September 2005, 05:46 PM
When you have the bomb, don't run into people.

Leon-IH
3rd September 2005, 08:38 AM
Last night the Proudmoore Horde Cooperative hit MC for the first time ever, we got to and killed Lucifron in 4 hours 30minutes with 5 wipes (4 on luci himself, one on a core hound add) which was a good effort given our dodgy group organisation (a few no-shows who were replaced at last minute) and that for 95% of the raid it was our first time.

Today I took my warrior through Uldaman again then through Zul Farrak, I'm pretty annoyed cause some shaman ninja'd the amulet of the crocodile boss (he had an ammy with a total of +23 stats, the croc one had +18 most of which was stam). In short: ban retarded shamans.

Red Angel
3rd September 2005, 06:45 PM
So far we've nailed Lucifron, Magmadar, Gehennas and Garr. Although we've kinda hit a snag with Baron Geddon. Anyone got any ideas/tips on how to take him down?

If you've killed Garr, Baron should be easy. First of all, fight him in Garr's room - it's nice and big. Secondly, spread out as much as you can and stay away from the walls so people with Living Bomb on them can run to the walls without blowing anyone else up. Third, Priests/Paladins need to remove the manaburn DoT very, very fast - 400HP/Mana lost per tick hurts. Finally, when he stops moving and starts his pulse AoE, everyone needs to get out of range, including the main tank, since the last couple pulses hit for over 2k HP each. He doesn't move when he does the move, so just have your tank hang out on the sidelines until he stop, then run in and grab aggo. Finally, fire resist is very, very important for this fight (for tanks, anyways), more so than armor.

Razola
3rd September 2005, 11:10 PM
Fire Resistance isn't that vital for it if you play smart. As in, melee is bandaging during pulses and people aren't being idiots when they get the bomb.

You should be going bear form when you get the bomb, by the way.

EDIT: Barkskin as well.

Red Angel
4th September 2005, 01:14 AM
Fire Resistance isn't that vital for it if you play smart. As in, melee is bandaging during pulses and people aren't being idiots when they get the bomb.

You should be going bear form when you get the bomb, by the way.

EDIT: Barkskin as well.

Myabe I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that his melee attacks are fire damage (ignore armor, reduced by resists like all other elementals).

Razola
4th September 2005, 12:08 PM
It's possible, can't say for sure since I have never tanked him. I'd say fire resist gear is more important for the bomb and his pulse.

Last Exile
5th September 2005, 05:54 AM
Saturday tonight we beat Baron Geddon and Shazzrah. Tonight my guild is going for Sulfuron Harbinger and Golemagg. We're going to run out of spawn time to get to Ragnaros but we're getting better at MC pretty quickly. I'm not in tonight's run, though.

Heald
5th September 2005, 10:54 AM
Yo.

I just got my hands on a free 14-day trial. Any hints on what I should do/what class to pick or anything? I'm thinking of going for a Dwarf Paladin or something.

Razola
5th September 2005, 02:51 PM
Yo.

I just got my hands on a free 14-day trial. Any hints on what I should do/what class to pick or anything? I'm thinking of going for a Dwarf Paladin or something.
Roll Horde. It doesn't matter what class, just do it. Every time I try to reroll Alliance, the sheer volume of stupidity blows me away. It's a reasonable level on Horde.

Heald
5th September 2005, 03:14 PM
I hear newbies get raped on Horde because of lack of balancing.

Razola
5th September 2005, 03:16 PM
I'm not following you.

Heald
5th September 2005, 03:50 PM
Ok. Most people go to Alliance, therefore in Raids, Horde stands less chance than Alliance.

Maybe I'm fanning the flames, but I doubt a 14 day trial will make much difference.

I'm assuming because I'm European, I won't be able to mingle with you lot.

Razola
5th September 2005, 04:58 PM
You can always order the US version online.

And Alliance aren't always in raids unless it's an instance or battleground raid. It very rare to see raids in the actualy game world these days.

Last Exile
5th September 2005, 06:45 PM
I still dream of raiding the Undercity and burning the bloody Undead to a crisp once I absolutely defile Sylvanas Windrunner. I'll settle for razing Thunder Bluff. Horde players tell me that city is easy to destroy. Although conversely, the Horde could probably successfully raid Theramore.

Also depends on server. On my server, Blackrock, the Horde win Warsong Gulch battleground 9 times out of 10 and they win Alterac Valley 99 times out of 100. It depends on the skill level of those you play with and how well you communicate. Because the Horde have lower numbers, they work together more, which is why they usually win. A lot of Alliance players just run in selfishly for the glory and let the side down.

Anyone know the best map region to farm Kingsblood? Currently I think it's either the Badlands, Duskwood or Hillsbrad.

As for classes, I figure the best are:

Warrior: Horde = Tauren, Alliance = Dwarf
Paladin: Alliance = Human
Hunter: Horde = Orc, Alliance = Dwarf
Priest: Horde = Undead, Alliance = Night Elf
Mage: Horde = Undead, Alliance = Human
Shaman: Horde = Tauren
Warlock: Horde = Undead, Alliance = Gnome
Rogue: Horde = Troll, Alliance = Night Elf
Druid: Well you can only go Tauren or Night Elf so once you pick your side it's pretty easy. :)

But then again you need to consider race abilities too, Heald. Taurens get a 5% stamina boost and a +5 Herbalism boost, Dwarves get +5 Gun skill and are able to detect treasure, Undead can eat corpses to get 200% regeneration health and 4x better underwater breathing than other races, Orcs get a hunting boost, Trolls get ranged weapon boost, Humans have better stealth detection and gain 10% more reputation for missions or anything else faction related, Gnomes get a 5% Intellect boost and +15 to Engineering, Night Elves have Shadowmeld so any NE class can stealth and they get a 1% dodge bonus.

Do it how you want to, Heald. Worry more about your professions and how you're going to make money, that's the important thing once you're levelled up.

And finally, I am completely disgusted Shamans are still being left untouched in 1.7, they are still given far too many benefits in the game. At least make them wear cloth and increase the casting time of their spells, geez.

Razola
5th September 2005, 07:31 PM
If they put shaman in cloth, I want to see Paladins in leather and their lolimmune bubble go bye bye.

PNT510
5th September 2005, 08:38 PM
Yeah, except the Paladin is fairly well balanced(refering to PVP only) while the shaman is way over powered.

Razola
5th September 2005, 09:03 PM
Paladin > Shaman in group PvP. By group I mean 5v5 or larger.

Red Angel
6th September 2005, 12:37 AM
Paladin > Shaman in group PvP. By group I mean 5v5 or larger.

/cough WSG /cough

Last Exile
6th September 2005, 06:29 AM
*cough* Alterac Valley *cough*

Mind you, I almost beat one of the best shamans on the server 1 v 1 last week. I had him down to about 10% health and 15% mana while i was near full on health, then suddenly he went back to full on both. The bastard used Major Rejuvenation Potion on me, meaning this guy has done MC for a long time to get that. That drops from Golemagg only, very low drop rate. He used an expensive potion like that just to beat me. That's pretty lame.

Razola
6th September 2005, 08:04 AM
/cough WSG /cough
You don't know how WSG works then. A sole ghost wolf is going to get raped by an Alliance group that knows their shit.

EDIT: Rumored "leaked" patch notes. Do not consider them to be 100% or even 1% true:

World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.8.0 (2005-??-??)

--Azshara Crater

A blood war rages between the Quel’dorei Exiles and the Sunstrider Legion as they battle to the death to claim sources of ancient magic buried beneath the vast Azshara Crater. Destroy all opposing strongholds with mighty siege weapons to declare victory in this epic 40v40 battleground!

--Grubstone Cookoff

Simmer Grubstone sponsors this savory contest held in the town of Everlook in Winterspring. At the start of each week, participants will be given a series of increasingly difficult recipes to cook and brew. The best chefs in Azeroth will receive a lifetime supply of malt, an official Grubstone mug, and more fabulous prizes!

--Goblin Gizmo Gauntlet

Assemble robots to do battle via remote control against other players for engineering glory in this explosive event in Gadgetzan. Sign up for daily tournaments to win new parts to upgrade your invention! No engineering experience necessary.

--General

New Auction Houses in Stormwind, Darnassus, Thunderbluff, Undercity, Booty Bay, and Everlook are open and ready for business! Ask the guards in each city for directions. Auction Houses are now shared within a faction – Alliance, Horde, or the Steamwheedle Cartel. Extra heavy security in the form of Goblin Bouncers has been added to Auction Houses in goblin towns to put a stop to any… bidding wars.
A debuff prioritization system has been put into effect. Certain debuffs will now have priority (e.g. they cannot be overridden) over weaker or triggered debuffs when the number of debuffs on a mob reaches the maximum limit of 16.
Quickness (Night Elf Racial) – Now increases agility by 5%.
Escape Artist (Gnome Racial) – Casting time reduced to 0.5 seconds. Now has a 2 minute cooldown.
System performance when enabling the full screen glow effect improved.
Buff/debuff tooltips will now be correctly updated from talents.
Tauren can now ride wolves if they learn the wolfriding ability.
Attempting to cast a spell on a friendly target below the minimum level of the spell will now automatically cast the highest eligible rank.
You can no longer communicate with the other faction through mind control.
The effects of +healing and +spell damage items will now be shown in the tooltips of spells they affect.
Class buffs such as Arcane Intellect and Mark of the Wild are no longer dispellable.
Hearthstones can no longer be used while invulnerable.
Critters can no long resist spells.
Pets that enter combat will no longer flag their master for combat.
Talents that provide mana regeneration while casting will no longer fail to function after being logged in for a period of time.
Shapeshifting will no longer cancel a daze effect.
Spells that are cast on a target but have no effect due to the target’s death will no longer be reported in the combat log.
Warlock/Hunter pets can no longer break out of fear.
Fixed a bug that caused players to sometimes slide when walking.
Buffs that provide a bonus to resistance now stack with other resistance buffs.
Enemy spells cast before you die will no longer hit you when you are a ghost.
Players will no longer be randomly flagged for combat when not participating in combat.
Fixed a bug where creatures were sometimes able to parry attacks from behind.
It is no longer possible to break disarm by immediately switching your weapon.

--Macintosh

Fixed lag resulting from certain UI mods.

--PvP

Honor System
You will now receive some honor for restoring health to allies during PvP combat.
Dishonorable Kills will now apply only to the players responsible, rather than to their entire party or raid.
There is now an option that shows estimated honor points over enemy corpses after an Honorable Kill.
Battlegrounds
You can now exit a battleground from an option on the scoreboard at all times.
Siege weapon combat has been introduced to the Alterac Valley battleground.
Civilians can no longer fight.
NPCs in battlegrounds can no longer be mind controlled.
Feign Death will no longer make the flag graphic disappear for other players in Warsong Gulch.
Fixed several terrain exploits in Warsong Gulch.
You can no longer interact with tower banners and flags through walls in Alterac Valley.
Commander buffs are no longer removed when shapeshifting.
Fixed an exploit where Mind control and Fear could be used to send opposing players out of a battleground instance.
Fixed a bug that caused players who died in Frostmane hold in Alterac Valley to be ported to their faction’s entrance.
You can now enter the queues of multiple battlegrounds simultaneously. Once you become eligible and choose to enter a battleground, you will automatically leave the other battleground queues.
You can now see the number of players from the other faction in a battleground queue.
All players can now chat in the WorldDefense channel.
All debuffs resulting from a duel are now removed immediately after the duel ends.
Fixed an exploit that allowed players to reach Thrall in Orgrimmar without guard interference.

--Druids

Due to significant talent changes, Druids will have all talent points refunded and can be respent.
Your base damage in Bear and Cat Form is now determined by the DPS value of your equipped weapon (Note: your attack speed remains static at 1.0 in Cat Form and 2.5 in Bear Form). This change has been deemed necessary to provide Druids with a larger number of viable weapon choices at all levels, and a more straightforward method of improving feral damage beyond the maximum level cap. We believe that the increased damage of Druids in Cat Form (from wielding high DPS weapons) is acceptable, given the form’s damage dealing role. In our testing, however, we felt that Bear Form was dealing too much damage with certain weapons when taking into account its high damage mitigation and survivability. After considering a variety of solutions, we have decided to implement a flat 10% reduction to Bear Form’s base damage – which keeps the form in line with overall game balance, while resulting in greater damage potential.
You can no longer switch weapons during combat in shapeshift form.
Cat Form – Ability no longer purchased from a trainer. There is now a quest to obtain Cat Form.
Travel Form – New icon. Graphic also been replaced to look fiercer and have markings similar to other Druid forms.
Druids have learned to dance while shapeshifted.
There is now an animation for skinning and herb gathering in Bear and Cat Form.
Female Druids in Bear Form no longer sound like males.
Demoralizing Roar – Tooltip updated to display area of effect (in yards).
Entangling Roots – Now interrupts spellcasting.
Feral Charge – This ability will now port you even if the target is immune to the effect.
Ferocious Bite – Fixed a bug where combo points were lost on miss/dodge/parry/block.
Maul/Swipe – Tooltips updated to indicate the additional threat caused by these abilities. There have been no changes made to the amount of threat caused.
Moonfire – Now causes Nature damage instead of Arcane damage; initial damage decreased and damage over time increased.
Starfire – Now causes Nature damage instead of Arcane damage.
Nature’s Grasp – Special attacks (e.g. Heroic Strike, Eviscerate, etc…) will now allow the spell to root the target.
Improved Moonfire – Design changed. Now increases the damage over time of your Moonfire spell by 20/40/60/80/100%.
Swiftshifting – Design changed. When leaving a shapeshift form, your next spell has its casting time reduced by 0.5/1/1.5 sec.
Omen of Clarity – Can now proc in shapeshift form. Is now a prerequisite for the Inner Balance talent.
New Talent (Balance): Improved Faerie Fire – Tier 3 talent; Faerie Fire has a 50/100% chance to reduce your target’s Nature resistance for the duration.
Improved Thorns – Design changed. Now increases the damage done by your Thorns spell by 50/100/150%.
Moonfury – Removed and replaced by the new talent Nature’s Fury.
New Talent (Balance): Nature’s Fury – Increases your spell damage and critical strike chance by 1/2/3%.
Nature’s Grace – Design changed. Nature’s Grace is now a passive ability that causes all nearby party members to be healed for 10% of any spell damage the Druid deals. Is now a tier 4 talent.
Weapon Balance – Removed and replaced by the new talent Inner Balance.
New Talent (Balance): Inner Balance – Increases your maximum mana by 2/4/6/8/10%.
Veangence – No longer requires the Nature’s Grace talent. It now requires the Nature’s Fury talent.
Hurricane – Replaced in position by the new talent Dreamstate. Is now a targetable spell and a tier 5 talent.
New Talent (Balance): Dreamstate – Enter a Dreamstate, increasing your Nature damage by 15%, and increasing your mana regeneration while in shapeshift form by 100%. However, you may not cast healing spells while in this state.
Improved Demoralizing Roar – Removed and replaced in position by Primal Instinct.
Improved Prowl – In addition to reducing the chance of detection, this talent will now increase your speed while prowling by 3/6/9/12/15%.
Blood Frenzy – Is now a 3 point talent that gives your critical strikes from Cat Form abilities that add combo points a 50/75/100% chance to add an additional combo point.
Primal Fury – Is now a 2 point talent that gives you a 50/100% chance to gain an additional 5 rage anytime you get a critical strike while in Bear and Dire Bear Form.
Improved Shred – Talent removed.
Predatory Strikes – Design changed. Predatory Strikes is now a tier 6 talent that gives your Cat Form finishing moves a 50/100% chance to interrupt spellcasting and silence the target for one second per combo point.
Faerie Fire (Cat) – Talent removed.
Faerie Fire (Bear) – Talent removed.
New Talent (Feral Combat): Intimidation – Tier 5 talent; increases your threat while in Bear Form by 15/30%.
New Talent (Feral Combat): Feral Endurance – Tier 4 talent; increases your total health while in Bear, Dire Bear, or Cat Form by 2/4/6/8/10%.
Thick Hide – Design changed. Thick Hide now increases your armor value from items in Bear Form by 2/4/6/8/10%. Is now a tier 2 talent.
Feline Swiftness – This talent no longer increases your movement speed while prowled.
New Talent (Feral Combat): Alertness – Tier 5 talent; increases your defense skill by 4/7/10 in Bear Form and your chance to hit by 1/2/3% in Cat Form.
Strength of the Wild – Design changed. Strength of the Wild now increases the strength and agility of all nearby party members by 15% while the Druid is in Bear, Dire Bear, or Cat Form. No longer requires the Predatory Strikes talent. It now requires the Feral Endurance talent.
Improved Ravage – Removed and replaced by the new talent Fury of the Wild.
New Talent (Feral Combat): Fury of the Wild – Your next special attack has a 15/30/45% increased critical strike chance when entering Cat Form. In addition, you have a 20/30/40% chance to gain an extra rage point when damage is taken or dealt in Bear Form.
Improved Pounce – Removed and replaced by the new talent Primal Resilience.
New Talent (Feral Combat): Primal Resilience – Causes Frenzied Regeneration to covert each point of rage into an additional 0.2/0.3% of your total health and reduces the cooldown by 30/60 sec.
Primal Instinct – Is now a 5 point talent. The mana cost reduction of shapeshifting has not been changed. Replaced in position by the new talent Shapeshifting Mastery.
New Talent (Feral Combat): Shapeshifting Mastery – Grants the Druid the ability to shapeshift directly from one form to another at the cost of 25 rage from Bear Form, 50 energy from Cat Form, and the full mana cost of the Druid’s next shapeshift form from Travel and Aquatic Form. When shapeshifting from Bear to Cat Form, each additional 25 rage present adds 1 combo point if a target is selected.
Combat Endurance – Is now a 1 point talent that allows 25% of the Druid’s health regeneration to work in combat.
Improved Tranquility – Removed and replaced by the new talent Improved Rebirth.
New Talent (Restoration): Improved Rebirth – Reduces the cooldown of your Rebirth spell by 5/10 min.

--Hunter

Specialized abilities have been added for the following pet types that did not receive them in the previous content patch:
Bears can learn the Roar ability, which lowers the attack power of all nearby enemies by a flat amount.
Turtles and Crabs can learn the Tough Shell ability, which gives them a chance to increase their armor value when hit.
Spiders can learn the Web ability, which immobilizes nearby enemies.
Distracting Shot – New icon.
New Pet Ability: Free Master – Causes your pet to free you from any snare or frost-based movement impairing effect.
Mend Pet – Range increased to 30 yards.
Pet happiness will be restored correctly to the full amount when resurrecting in a battleground.

--Mage

Arcane Missiles – Fixed a bug where occasionally no missiles would appear and no damage would be dealt.
Blink – Now reports the correct error message when attempted while sapped.
Blink – Fixed a bug where the spell incorrectly or failed to teleport the player.

--Paladin

Judgement of Fury – Design changed. Now forces the target to attack you.
Blessing of Salvation – Design changed. Now causes a friendly target to generate no additional threat for 10 seconds.
Consecration – Fixed a bug where the spell sometimes did nothing if cast in rapid succession.
Sanctity Aura – Design changed. Now increases healing done by 10% for party members within 30 yards.
Holy Shock – Cooldown reduced to 6 seconds.
Improved Blessing of Salvation – Design changed. Now increases the duration of your Blessing of Salvation by 2/4 sec.

--Rogues

Poisons will remain intact after you teleport, enter/exit an instance, or travel between continents.
Eviscerate (Rank 8) – Damage increased.

--Shaman

Totems are no longer immune to area of effect damage.
Shamans will no longer lose weapon skills after respeccing talents.
The tornado graphic from the Windfury Attack will now play consistently.
Combat Endurance – Now allows 25% of health regeneration to work while in combat.

--Warlocks

Improved Drain Mana – This talent can no longer have a critical effect.
Howl of Terror – This spell is now instant cast.
Improved Drain Soul – You will now receive the talent buff as long as Drain Soul is channeled when your target dies.
Shadow Mastery – Fixed a bug where the talent was not providing a bonus to Curse of Doom.

--Warriors

You will now retain up to 15 rage points when changing stances.
Tactical Mastery – This talent now increases the amount of rage retained when switching stances by 2/4/6/8/10.
Improved Shield Block – Fixed a bug where this talent was not providing additional block.
Whirlwind – Cooldown reduced to 4 seconds.
Death Wish – Fixed a bug where the skill sometimes did not break fear while used under the fear effect.
Bloodthirst – Tooltip updated.
Charge/Intercept – These abilities will now port you even if the target is immune to the effect.

--Items

Sets
Equipping more than five pieces of the Felheart set will now correctly give the Warlock’s pet the Demonic Ally buff.
The Cenarion Raiment set bonus that decreased the cooldown of Tranquility has been removed; a new set bonus has been added in its place that causes the Druid to automatically cast Rejuvenation (Rank 10) for free after casting Healing Touch.
The Lightforge Armor set has received a texture update.
The Rogue PvP reward sets have had their Strength removed and Agility increased.
The Judgement Armor set bonus that increases the radius of the Paladin’s Auras is now working correctly.
You can no longer lower your stats by equipping and un-equipping set bonus items.
The Lobotomizer will now proc correctly.
Tier 2 epic items now have new set bonuses and improved stats. Many of these items also have updated textures.
Reaching officer rank in the Honor System now grants you access to a new set of superior-quality weapons.
Judge’s Gavel can no longer be used to force players to drop the flag in Warsong Gulch.
The Gnomish Death Ray will no longer fail to cast from more than 20 yards away from the target.
Cruel Barb is now unique.
Cloak of Warding’s armor has been reduced, but an additional Stamina bonus has been added instead.
Orb of the Darkmoon now has an additional +9 Intellect bonus.
Pages from the Green Hills of Stranglethorn novel are now Bind on Pickup.
The Brushwood Blade item tooltip has been updated to indicate that it is a two-handed sword, not one-handed.
The Dartol’s Rod of Transformation obtained as a quest reward from the fourth part of Raene’s Cleansing is no longer useable.
Enchants will now function correctly on weapons that morph into other weapons.
Fixed a typo in the item tooltip of the Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether.
Corrected art and textures for various items.

--Professions

It is now possible to retrain your specialty type for Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, or Engineering for a fee by speaking with a master trainer of your profession.
Plans for keyrings that hold multiple keys have been added to Blacksmithing.
Formulae for necklaces, rings, and new trinkets have been added to Enchanting.
Disenchanting now requires Expert Enchanting for rare items, and Artisan Enchanting for items of epic quality or higher.

--Quest

You can no longer accept the other faction’s quests.
A Druid Cat Form quest is now available at level 20 from Dendrite Starblaze in Moonglade.
It is no longer possible to receive a Dishonorable Kill from killing Private Merle after completing the Patrol Schedules quest.
More Gibbering Ghouls have been added to various Scourge strongholds for the Heroes of Darrowshire quest in Eastern Plaguelands.
The Deep Ocean, Vast Sea quest in Darkshore has been toned down in difficulty.
Fixed grammatical errors in The Missing Diplomat quest line.

--Raids & Dungeons

Mobs around Goraluk Anvilcrack in UBRS will now path correctly.
It is no longer possible to pull Majordomo Executus’ minions without pulling Majordomo himself.
Fixed a bug where Jammal’an the Prophet would ignore a mind controlled player after the party wiped in Sunken Temple.
Keys will no longer dissappear when the keyholder dies and releases his or her spirit in Dire Maul.
The loot tables in Blackwing Lair have been revised slightly.

--User Interface

Meeting stones no longer search for party members. Instead, joining a meeting stone for a dungeon now adds you to a viewable list of players looking for a group. Groups can be formed by contacting players from this list.
Custom chat channels will now save after logging out.
There is now a separate tab in the Armor section of the Auction House listings called “Accessories”, which includes trinkets, rings, necklaces, and items held in the off-hand. The Miscellaneous tab has been removed.
The mouseover UI for Ranged Attack Power will now take into account your total ranged attack power.
Unique key bindings can now be saved for each class.
Resolved an issue where certain UI mods caused the honor tab to be aligned incorrectly with text.
Quest levels now appear in the quest log.
The ACTIONBAR_UPDATE_COOLDOWN event will no longer cause a lockup when a spell or skill interrupts a school of magic.
Logging out after joining another zone’s channel will no longer place you in a separate channel that is difficult to leave.

--World Environment

Closed several holes in the world.
Booty Bay is now flagged as outdoors.
There is now a warning sign that points to the cave where Vagash dwells in Dun Morogh.
The guards in Lakeshire have received promotions; they are now level 45.
If you die near a zone you have not discovered yet, you will no longer be ported to graveyards in that zone. Instead, you will be sent to the nearest known graveyard.
Fixed a bug where players sometimes appear in the incorrect graveyard after death.

Leon-IH
9th September 2005, 10:28 AM
Warrior: Horde = Tauren

The best warriors on my server are Orcs O.o

We took down Lucifron again tonight (first properly organised pull, we had one accident lol), we made a pretty poor attempt at Magmadar courtesy of me having to switch computers due to a temporary fuck up of mine thx to lightning which caused me to be pretty uncomfortable (I lead the raid btw).

Razola
9th September 2005, 01:05 PM
The key to Maggy is just staying outside his fear range. All healers, hunters, mages, warlocks, etc. need to be at the absolute maximum range from their target. You need two heal rotations: one on the Main Tank and one on your hunters. Everybody else needs to bring bandages/pots and assume they will not get healed.

How many Tranq Shots do you have? You very well may have to wait a few weeks until you got around 3-4 hunters with it. Hunter communication is CRUCIAL. They need an order to go in and they also need to know when to fire. If one misses, another needs to be on that shit. Assign hunters numbers or letters and have them make macros. Like "Hunter A Hit!" or "Hunter A Miss, GO HUNTER B".

It's a longish fight, so your healers need to be wearing mana regen gear or lots of +healing gear (and using lower ranked heals).

Musourenka
10th September 2005, 12:08 PM
I just bought this Wednesday. I've got an Undead Warlock named Solemnsoul on Greymane.

So far, it's pretty interesting. The large amount of quests you can do make it feel more than just a "kill monsters and level up" MMORPG.