PDA

View Full Version : Magicbox - Pokemon GC US dated... July?

Misty
12th January 2005, 02:41 PM
http://www.the-magicbox.com/game20050110.shtml

- GameGossip reported that Nintendo will release the second GameCube Pokemon battle / RPG game Pokemon Colosseum II in July in US.

That doesn't seem too likely considering we have no information about the game - and the Japanese would pretty much have the game already. Unfortunately, their source is dowm, so I can't verify their integrity - but I guess we can hope, right?

The Blue Avenger
12th January 2005, 03:12 PM
Perhaps they are trying for a release at the same time, in both English and Japanese.

Jeff
12th January 2005, 10:06 PM
Pokemon Colleseum II?

Hmmm, it better be good...

Well it seems very unlikely that it will come out in July. They have released hardly any info on it, it just seems too soon.

Orion
12th January 2005, 10:22 PM
I doubt it's true, but maybe they're approaching at a same-date release, as TheBlueAvenger pointed. And well, we can hope...

There's barely any info on this game. It seems to be leaning at some sort of "gateway" between the 3rd and the 4th Gen, though. Maybe we'll be able to get a scoop into some new Pokémon in this game, or at least enjoy of a better Battle Engine that'll support Diamon/Pearl. Only time will tell...

Chris 2.1
17th January 2005, 03:46 PM
Is this perhaps that screen we've seen of a trainer and his Zangoose? It was on the green site not so long ago.

I doubt July, though.

The Muffin Man
18th January 2005, 10:27 PM
Yeah, Chris. And remember the "official, confirmed" panda evolution of Ursaring? And the rhino-evolution of Rhydon? And the steel/water Hammerhead shark? :P

Chris 2.1
20th January 2005, 03:47 PM
Very true, lol.

rinku
20th January 2005, 05:16 PM
Nah. This one is all over the place, not just on Serebii. However, I've not seen anything that confirms that it is Colosseum II, just that it's a GCN game. The text on the Cocoro scan does not name it, though it does speculate that it is an RPG.

Given Nintendo conservatism, I'd put money on Colosseum II as the name though.

Powarun
31st January 2005, 06:45 PM
Hmm, I hope that it happens, but it would have to be a big upgrade if they want to make it a big hit.

Sceptile_Master
2nd February 2005, 01:14 PM
Wasn't the first colloseum like one of the best selling gamecube games to date.

Orion
2nd February 2005, 01:22 PM
Wasn't the first colloseum like one of the best selling gamecube games to date.

If you don't see a Colosseum Disc as a Player's Choice by March, that statement will be false.

Kojiro
3rd February 2005, 01:12 PM
Maybe it's Pokemon Snap 2!!!

And, am I the only one who noticed Pineco was also in one of the screens of the next GC RPG? I don't think anyone has mentioned it but me! there is also a Krabby shaped building in one of the screens!

But, if it does come out in July. That would be cool!

Misty
5th February 2005, 02:09 PM
http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~hokora/gcrank.html

Colosseum is the #7 seller in Japan and #14 in the US. However, the US numbers are a bit old.

Animelee
11th March 2005, 12:40 AM
A new interview with Nintendo of America's Reggie, courtesy of IGN:

IGNcube: Finally, what is Pokemon XD?

Reggie: Pokemon XD is a brand new Pokemon game for GameCube. It's a true RPG Pokemon. It's isn't a sequel to Collosseum. It's a brand new build. A brand new game that really plays off the RPG aspects. So think of it this way. If you loved Ruby and Sapphire, you're going to love Pokemon XD for GameCube.

Poryhedron
11th March 2005, 12:09 PM
So think of it this way. If you loved Ruby and Sapphire, you're going to love Pokemon XD for GameCube.
Take note: this is the first and quite possibly last time I will use this emoticon.

:k-rad:

Misty
11th March 2005, 12:59 PM
My guess is that July is the Japanese release date(it'd coincide with the movie, hm...), and we'll see it in November.

Sceptile_Master
12th March 2005, 03:51 PM
Well collo didn't take too long after the jap release did it?