PDA

View Full Version : Recently...

Roarkiller
14th January 2005, 08:19 AM
... I've been watching a couple of older anime, so i'll juz give a lowdown on them, tho u guys have prolly already watched it.

-ROD TV
I love Moments In The Sun! That aside, pretty much average anime. Quite watchable, but as expected, u have to watch the OVA first to full understand this series. A couple of overused themes like cloning and stuff, but its okay. Although ep9's amount of obvious nudity sorta startled me. 7/10

-Full Metal Panic
I haven't totally finished watching this, but this is one helluva unrealistic love relationship. Sousuke is too idiotic for even the most lovestruck person to fall in love with him, and Kaname fell for him too early into the series, so it loses out quite a bit on the realism side. Animationwise, nothing spectacular. Ending theme is good. Storywise, nothing big either. Lots of flashbacks too. Might decide to watch the sequels tho. 6.5/10

-Hellsing
It only just aired last week and is into the 6th ep as of tonight. Pretty good, but there doesnt seem to be a story going anywhere, and the plot is nowhere in sight. Hopefully this will change, cuz i heard quite a few good reviews about this anime.

-Juuni Kokki
I missed quite a few eps, but i can follow it so far. Oddly, i'm beginning to see this as more of a political anime, what with all the discussion of Hierarchy. However, its very watchable, and despite all the fantasy stuff, it has a strong feel of realism, mainly because the fantasy is only focused in the early eps, and shifted to a more political drama afterwards. My kind of anime actually, so a rating would be kinda biased.

-Otogizoushi
Saw the 1st ep only. Animation brings about a refreshing change from the usual style, so im impressed by that. Op and ending themes, however, don't fit the feel of the anime at all, which is supposed to be in some olden days. Story and plot looks solid, as are the character development. So far, im impressed by the 1st ep. 8/10