PDA

View Full Version : ruby - sapphire 'berry glitch' - send it in??

mew420
14th January 2005, 11:51 PM
according to http://www.nintendo.com.au/pokemon/news/index.php i can send my game off in australia to have the glitch fixed..

they speak of a 'bonus prize'..

is this a legendary pokemon??

also.. if i fix the glitch, but restart the game with a new save file.. will the glitch be there again??

and finally.. if i've already fixed the glitch, but send my cart off to nintendo anyway, do you think they'll still give me the prize??

MeLoVeGhOsTs
15th January 2005, 02:36 AM
I think it will be the shiny 'Extremespeed' Zigzagoon.

andyizcool
15th January 2005, 04:28 AM
I think it will be the shiny 'Extremespeed' Zigzagoon.
It's a Shiny Zigzagoon holding a Liechi Berry but I don't think it has Extremespeed because that's the Pokemon Box Move.

I'm not sure if the Berry Glitch comes back when you start a New Game. On Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire when I downloaded Jirachi off Pokemon Channel I always started a New Game after trading Jirachi away. Remember Jirachi fixes the Berry Glitch when you download it from Pokemon Channel. On my New Game I downloaded Jirachi again and it said it had fixed the Berry Glitch again. So I'm not sure if this is just a message you always get or if the Berry Glitch comes back when you start a New Game.

Silent Dragonfly
15th January 2005, 08:02 AM
The patch to fix the berry glitch is permanent, and you can always use FRLG to fix the glitch. UP + B, or Down + B at the title screen, i forget which but just link up to your Ru/Sa with a cable and it'll fix it. Much quicker and no chance of it getting lost in the post.

Cheesey
15th January 2005, 10:15 AM
I sent away my Sapphire version to fix the glitch a while ago and it was a Shiny Zigzagoon with a Liechi Berry that I got back, so no legendary pokemon. And I don't think that they'd give you one if you sent in the cartridge with the glitch fixed because they're there to fix it, not to hand out free Zigzagoon's. I don't know for sure, though.

Gagome
15th January 2005, 11:50 AM
.... And I don't think that they'd give you one if you sent in the cartridge with the glitch fixed because they're there to fix it, not to hand out free Zigzagoon's. I don't know for sure, though.
Oh, yes, they will give you the shiny Zigzagoon even when your cart has already got the glitch fixed. I know for sure because I have sent a Ruby cart with the glitch fixed to Nintendo and got it back after some weeks with the shiny Zigzagoon.
It is obvious. No one has time to actually look inside the game cart to verify that the glitch is present or has already been fixed. As far as I know Nintendo does it with some kind of trading computer where you simply insert the cart and the rest is done by the computer. It is similar when I download Jirachi from the Gamecube. Jirachi gets always transfered to the party (when a space is available and when the game didn't get Jirachi previously) and the glitch gets fixed if it isn't already fixed.

Sceptile_Master
15th January 2005, 01:14 PM
Do you get a shiny zigzagoon if you send in your cart in the UK.

andyizcool
15th January 2005, 01:16 PM
Do you get a shiny zigzagoon if you send in your cart in the UK.
I would guess so because Chris (Cheesey) done it and he lives in Scotland.

Sceptile_Master
15th January 2005, 01:19 PM
Would downloading a double patch not be dangerous.

andyizcool
15th January 2005, 01:20 PM
Would downloading a double patch not be dangerous.
Nintendo made the patch so it's perfectly safe and not dangerous. They even included it with Jirachi on Pokemon Colosseum in the USA and Pokemon Channel in Europe. Remember games need to be licenced so they can't contain any harmful data for your consoles or other games.

Chris 2.1
15th January 2005, 05:33 PM
Yea, it works in the UK. The adress was in an issue of NOM not that long ago.

Sceptile_Master
16th January 2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah i've got that issue.

rinku
16th January 2005, 05:47 PM
Mew420: as a fellow Australian who has done it, I can verify that you get an otherwise normal but shiny Zigzagoon holding a Leichi berry.

Interesting (but logical if you think about it) point about them processing a fixed cart. My son was bugging me to get his own shiny Zigzagoon, so I may just run that by them (his cart was automatically fixed when we traded from my Leaf Green to his Ruby).