PDA

View Full Version : Open invitation to Flame! (YGO)

Ultimate Charizard
15th January 2005, 02:19 PM
OK, so its not really a flame invitation as that would break those lovely forum rules (Sarcasm detector off the scale) but i do expect some harsh words here.

Its a deck ive been using quite some time, theres no real theme but since theres nowhere her for me to duel competitively i havent been that focused, its pretty much all booster drawn cards, i dont buy individuals, only other way i get them is by buying games/dvd's etc so dont be expecting uber rare cards or some of the newer stuff, infact alot of my cards are very basic and we dont play Ban lists. Besides it does do very well against my one opponent that has loaded his deck with cards to counter it.

So burn, Flame, Assault, Mug and Beat me over it if you will but i am proud of the fact that its not the type of deck that is dependant on two or three cards and then paralysed when theyre taken out.

One last note, as i mentioned Earlier we dont play ban lists (Im fine with my opponent using All 3 God cards in his deck) but i would like someone to point out what i shouldnt be using.

----------------------------
Monsters
---------
Man Eater Bug x2
Balloon Lizard x2
Mask of Darkness x2
Gemini Elf x2
Mirage Dragon
Pitch Black Warwolf
Barrel Dragon
Nightmare Penguin
Stealth Bird
Swarm of Scarabs
Swarm of Locusts
Blue Eyes White Dragon
Blazing Inpachi
Penguin Soldier
Unshaven Angler
Mobius the Frost Monarch
Kycoo
Magician of Faith

Monster heavy i know, most are there for Effects though to clear the field before tributing for the Big Guns.

-----
Spell
-----
Monster Reborn
Change of Heart
Fissure
Pot of Greed
Raigeki
MST x2
Harpies Feather Duster
Gracefull Charity
Dark Hole
Malice Dispersion
Axe of Despair
Premature Burial
SORL

Malice is there deliberately to counter a couple of my opponents cards, namely Skill Drain which as u can guess totally cuts the usefullness of most of my monsters. (Waits for someone to say none of them are usefull anyway)

------
Traps
------
Magic Cylinder
Trap Hole x2
Seven Tools x3
Energy Drain x2
Magic Jammer x2
Needle Wall
Widespread Ruin
Cemetary Bomb
Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell x2

Energy Drain is in for the same reason Axe is in. To boost the two Trap negators when they attack.

The only Tactic i have really is Monster prevention. Barrel Dragon, Needle wall and a couple of my Monsters all in play at once makes it hard for my opponent to get a footing on the field as long as im prepared to handle spells/Traps.

So there it is....be gentle lol

DRD1812
15th January 2005, 02:35 PM
Well I dont think its that bad you could do with making it a little less specific for 1 persons deck tho

Ultimate Charizard
15th January 2005, 02:39 PM
Yes well i would expect you to say that since its your deck its Designed to beat.
Anyone with an impartial view?

DRD1812
15th January 2005, 02:53 PM
yet it doesn't always do that does it now.

The Muffin Man
15th January 2005, 06:02 PM
Building a deck to defeat ONE PERSON is gonna get your ass kicked more than that. Even if every card is tailor made for his decks weakness(i.e they use Berserk Gorilla, you use alot of "Switch to Defense" cards. They use alot of Hand D., you use less drawing card) but guess what? If those cards don't benefit your deck versu anyone elses(I.e lots of people use Berserk Gorilla, but why bother using a card that protects vs, say an Advanced Format clown control?)

Besides, if that one person changes a few cards, his decks now something new and you havn't tailored your deck to it. It's only good against that one person for as long as you know his deck and how he uses it.

Dark-San
15th January 2005, 09:23 PM
A well run deck would beat any types of decks. You would have to relook into your deck and reanalyse it. I would highly recommend a combination of 16-18-6. 16 Creatures, 18 Magic and 6 Stapled Traps. However you might run into some creature shortages at time so it would be quite ok for you to play 18-14-8.

Well to add some comments. You don't actually need any special creatures to beat your opponent even though your opponent plays God Cards. Just play magic cards and trap cards that ensures monster removal. For creatures, play those high powered lv 4 creatures to knock your opponent's hp off.

Last Exile
17th January 2005, 12:57 AM
I'm currently going 17-16-7 myself for Monsters, Magics and Traps. My personal view is to make a deck that can handle as many situations as possible and that whatever card you draw when you have an empty hand will most likely be one that will help you survive and win.

Level 4 monsters are always reliable. Tributes get tough pretty quickly. Aside from Black Luster Soldier - Envoy and Jinzo, I don't really see the need for tributes.