PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Caves News (MA by Wolfsong)

pokemasterfrank
15th January 2005, 11:21 PM
Before getting to the meat and potatoes of the topic, I am announcing that I will be resigning from the owner position of the Crystal Caves as soon as I finish two things that I've been meaning to do. I frankly do not have the time to even update the Crystal Caves, much less implement ideas or run a game. On that note, I am promoting Amy (Wolfsong) and Hannah (*Murkrow) to the ownership position. Sorry for slacking off on the work here, and I wish you both and the Crystal Caves the best. It's been great working here, but I'll have to take my leave.

On another note, I am firing aragornbird for inactivity. If there is any objection, then PM me.

Now, to cover the first of two things; we are now hiring new workers. Apply here in this thread. There will be a few rounds with certain things you must do to prove that you are capable of being a worker. More details later. I'll give you all a week to sign up. so Saturday, January 22, 9:20 PM Pacific Standard Time is the deadline for sign ups.

Cheesey
16th January 2005, 05:36 AM
Sorry to see you resign, Frank, but I guess if you won't have any time, then it's best. Also, congratulations to Hannah and Amy! I think you'll both do well as owners.

Oh yes, and I'd like to sign up to be a worker again. =]

Linc
16th January 2005, 08:35 AM
I'll give this a shot, so I'll sign up, too. :3

Sheik
16th January 2005, 11:07 AM
I'll give it a try.

DarkPsychicCharizard
16th January 2005, 11:33 AM
Hey, why not? I'll sign up too. Getting to contribute would be great.

aragornbird
16th January 2005, 11:40 AM
Awww, sorry to hear that Frank! But I don't mind not being part for CC anymore. I've found that ontop of the other parts of TPM I have to keep up with as well as real-life business with studying and art and trying to get straight A's in school and all that, it really was quite a load.
So I guess I'll be saying goodbye too, but I'm gonna be more active in all my other jobs here.

pokemasterfrank
29th January 2005, 01:40 PM
Awww, sorry to hear that Frank! But I don't mind not being part for CC anymore. I've found that ontop of the other parts of TPM I have to keep up with as well as real-life business with studying and art and trying to get straight A's in school and all that, it really was quite a load.
So I guess I'll be saying goodbye too, but I'm gonna be more active in all my other jobs here.

I know what you mean :o lol

Alrighty, I guess Cheesey, Linc, Sheik, and DarkPsychicCharizard are applying :o

Work on the first few rounds is under way :o Check back on this topic for more details.

pokemasterfrank
9th February 2005, 06:31 PM
Alrighty. Time to begin the first rounds of the competition. Because I didn't check back in a timely manner, you guys can PM me and "check in", I suppose, to show that you've noticed this topic. You guys have until Saturday to check in, and I'll officially start the first round on Saturday (probably around 8 PM Pacific). Anyway, the first round shall be "Scenario Reffing". I will send you all a PM with a typical post. You will post your reffing for the sample. This will continue for as long as the judges and I see fit (aka get a good feel for each of your reffing skills). You will be graded on timelyness, quality, and skill. Good luck and remember to check in.

Participants Checked In
Cheesey
Linc

EDIT: It is begun (well...started yesterday...but I didn't think of officially announcing it in this thread... *shrugs*).

pokemasterfrank
17th February 2005, 11:08 PM
Mass sadness :/ Sorry for the double postage, but I think people need a reminder. Please send me your first Round One submittion in a timely manner. I only have one submittion so far :/ Come on people...I need enough stuff to show our judges :P

EDIT: I guess it's my fault for not setting a set date for submissions, eh? I thought just having it as one of the things you're graded on isn't good enough motivation :/ You guys have till Sunday. I know some of the judges are getting antsy :P Hurry it up with that.

*Murkrow
7th March 2005, 03:22 PM
Frank turned the final decision over to me and Amy, so we've been talking and have decided that Cheesey and Linc are the newest workers at the Crystal Caves.

So, congrats guys, hope you enjoy working there :)

pokemasterfrank
8th March 2005, 11:43 PM
Frank turned the final decision over to me and Amy, so we've been talking and have decided that Cheesey and Linc are the newest workers at the Crystal Caves.

So, congrats guys, hope you enjoy working there :)

w00t. One thing down :D

Alrighty. Time for an announcement! As you may know, a Rainbow Feather was awarded at The Solar Games. At that time, I had stated that details about the Rainbow Feather would be released at a later time...and here it is :O

The Rainbow Feather is an equip item, much like matches or the beach ball. While attached to a Pokemon, you may use the Rainbow Feather in place of one of your attacks. When used, the attached Pokemon draws an attack from Ho-oh's set of naturally learned attacks. This may be done as many times as you wish, but each time the feather is used, the heat generated damages the Pokemon using said feather. For Battle Tower purposes (if the item is allowed :o), it will do 1/8 of the Pokemon's total health each time the feather is used and add burn status to the user of the feather.