PDA

View Full Version : Psst what are your Bio Stats? [ALL]

Dark-San
17th January 2005, 05:51 AM
Yes as usual, Darkyouth returned from his camp all wore out. Getting back home and turns to his computer for some anime comforts. Kind of boring right? You guys want to have this kind of life style? For me and Roarkiller, we have no choice... *Sighz*

Anyway I got this weird idea of putting up a topic. Different people from different TCG groups interacts with each other. So I was thinking of opening a topic that will really make players of each individual TCG get to know of each others' TCG personal stuffs or maybe each other's playing history.

In this way, for those who are already friends, you can get to know each other more in details and to those whom you don't really know of, you can make friends with them.

You can start of with filling up the following,

Name (IRL):
Name (Net):
Hobbies:
Trading Cards you played:
Proven Records (Any):
If yes, indicate:

Yes if you wanna brag about your accomplishment in the TCG field, you can do it here. This topic might be subject to lot of flames if things get out of hand, so therefore the mods might wanna pay attention to this topic!

So come on guys post! :P

Roarkiller
17th January 2005, 09:15 AM
*scratches head* I guess this kind of topic's pretty okay. Meh, I'm bored when at home, so meh.

Name (IRL): Juz call me Elias is fine. As in Ee-lee-yas, thank you, not the jewish way.
Name (Net): Duh
Hobbies: Can't u guess? Plus anime/manga, martial arts, collecting (literally anything)
Trading Cards you played: Pkmn, short stint of MTG
Proven Records (Any): Um, currently 2nd in s'pore, used to be 3rd, never won any tourneys unless its a draw w/ someone else, best tourney was last yr's Nationals (2nd)
If yes, indicate: Um...

Water Pokemon Master
17th January 2005, 12:20 PM
Why would this topic be subjected to flames?

Name: Jon
Hobbies: Pokemon, Computers, Surfing, Swimming, Speech and Debate :)
TCGs: Only Pokemon
Records: Ummm, I have gone to a ton of tournies, so uhhh, let's see...maybe I have won three or four? I don't keep track. :)

The Muffin Man
17th January 2005, 02:33 PM
Name (IRL): Mike
Name (Net): The Muffin Man, DarkshadowMike, WhichPieIsTheBest (IRC)
Hobbies: Gaming, mostly.
Trading Cards you played: M:TG, Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon. Still play the first two.
Proven Records (Any): Only person at the tourney I went to that played Dinosaurs :P So technically best Dino-player in this area of CT.
If yes, indicate: Got to round 4 of like 5 or 6. Actually beat a Chaos deck. Lost to a Gravity Bind deck(This was pre-ban, too, so Raigeki was rampant).

Last Exile
17th January 2005, 11:37 PM
Name (IRL): Ryan
Name (Net): Last Exile
Hobbies: Anime, beach walks, non-mainstream music
Trading Cards you played: Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic and Marvel Vs. DC
Proven Records (Any): 1st in 2004 SA regionals, 14th in 2004 Australian nationals, 7th in first 2005 SA regionals, 1st in second 2005 SA regionals, won about another 30-40 weekend tournies as well. Also have never lost an ante duel, including a classic 6-way all vs all ante duel! ;)
If yes, indicate: Ask anyone who goes to Battlezone Gaming and Entertainment, SA's main hangout spot for TCG players. ;)

Dark-San
19th January 2005, 07:48 AM
Name (IRL): Wee Meng
Name (Net): Darkyouth, Darkboy
Age : I'm different from Roarkiller. I'm half a year younger ;_;
Hobbies: Animes, Trading Cards
Trading Cards you played: Pokemon TCG <-- quited 1 1/2 years ago, Yu Gi Oh (Duel Monsters)
Proven Records (Any): Used to be 6th in Pokemon before it was no longer handle by WOTC, Yu Gi Oh Christmas Tournament Champion 2002, Yu Gi Oh Worlds Qualifying Tournament Champion 2004
If yes, indicate: Umm I'm proberly the other player in the board other than Last Exile that proberly has proven records.

Last Exile
19th January 2005, 11:19 PM
Proven Records (Any): Used to be 6th in Pokemon before it was no longer handle by WOTC, Yu Gi Oh Christmas Tournament Champion 2002, Yu Gi Oh Worlds Qualifying Tournament Champion 2004
If yes, indicate: Umm I'm proberly the other player in the board other than Last Exile that proberly has proven records.

Aw, shucks! :) Let's try and make it to the worlds this time. I ain't letting Victoria represent Austrlia, NO way! :yes:

Nace
20th January 2005, 12:52 AM
Name (IRL): Matt
Name (Net): Nace/Narius
Hobbies: Mostly video games, drawing and yu-gi-oh
Trading Cards you played: Magic, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh (after realising I really don't like mana-based TCGs much)
Proven Records (Any): Came in the top 8 at the RDS preview
If yes, indicate: Not entirely sure how to do so unless I take a photo of the t-shirt I won...

Last Exile
20th January 2005, 01:34 AM
I went to that preview too and pulled Mystic Swordsman LV6. Only problem is my commons were crap. Everyone else had Homunculus while I had no level 4s over 1500 atk plus they ahd loads of Harpie's cards while I had none. I got creamed. Booster drafts are so iffy.

Dark-San
20th January 2005, 03:32 AM
Aw, shucks! :) Let's try and make it to the worlds this time. I ain't letting Victoria represent Austrlia, NO way! :yes:

The nationals for the Worlds here has not started yet. So I will try my best to do that pal! :yes:

Nace
20th January 2005, 04:58 AM
I went to that preview too and pulled Mystic Swordsman LV6. Only problem is my commons were crap. Everyone else had Homunculus while I had no level 4s over 1500 atk plus they ahd loads of Harpie's cards while I had none. I got creamed. Booster drafts are so iffy.

I got NO foils at all and only one homunculus. Luckily I got tons of nightmare penguins and back to square ones and I won the first match by defualt 'cos my opponent left early.

My second actual opponent was hella fun to duel because we kept drawing the exact same cards. Fun stuff.

*edit* second opponent, not first.

Alec Trevelyan
20th January 2005, 09:33 AM
okay, its weird but here we go:

Name (IRL): Allan Bohn
Name (Net): Alec, Siegfried
Hobbies: Mostly cars, tuning, sound, pc games...
Trading Cards you played: Magic, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh (now just pokémon and sorta mtg)
Proven Records (Any): 1st on HL and RS pre-release. 8th in a big brazilian tourney for 200 people (oh yeah, the most stupid thing i done, cuz i oppened 10-0-0 on first day and then on second day i lost on Top 8 for a guy which i won on 1st day =/), 1st on MTG regionals twice. Top player in my area (pkmn).

Roarkiller
21st January 2005, 10:18 PM
The nationals for the Worlds here has not started yet. So I will try my best to do that pal! :yes:

Yeah, lets all get to Worlds for once. For pkmn, this yr's worlds's invitation extends to the 1st runner-ups as well, albeit w/o the travel and accomodation package. And i got to chances as well; once for Gym Challenge and another for Nationals. I got 2nd in Nationals last yr using a deck created in less than a week, so i'm pretty confident i should be able to win at least 2nd place this yr in either tourney, if not 1st.

And surprising as it sounds, since its coming from me, this yr i aint holding anything back. I'm breaking all of my taboos and testing outdecks i wouldnt have been caught using, mainly the too-commonly-used archetypes. Pride is nothing w/ nothing to show it.

Although i'd prolly still use a crazy deck as usual in the end, lol. U'll never know with me :lol:

Water Pokemon Master
21st January 2005, 10:36 PM
Meh, I decided I can't win with my favorites anymore, so now I am playing top decks. My favorite one right now is Dark Dragonite, and it is kind of a water Pokemon, so I am still a Water Pokemon Masta. :)

But let's all go to Worlds together. :-D

Alec Trevelyan
22nd January 2005, 05:24 PM
hey, i played today CC with dark draggy and won! =D
i got a place for the closed national championships

Water Pokemon Master
22nd January 2005, 06:04 PM
Did you take some of the advice I gave you? Post your deck so we can see it. :)

Roarkiller
23rd January 2005, 03:39 AM
hey, i played today CC with dark draggy and won! =D
i got a place for the closed national championships

I thought invitations only extend for gym and nationals? Since when was CC included?

joehardyreturns
23rd January 2005, 07:11 AM
I guess they have huge attendance like belgium... they have to give invites.. wow.. look at our last year's nationals.. 10.

Alec Trevelyan
23rd January 2005, 10:01 AM
well, in brazil there're just CC, so, thats the only way to get a place to nationals, 4 places for each CC, i think there were 10 CC... 40 places i think were gave. At last i got mine... there were some troubles with my card partner yesterday, but now its okay

fat man with a monkey
23rd January 2005, 03:18 PM
Name (IRL): James
Name (Net): almost always Jamey or Kusajamey
Hobbies: lots of things.
Trading Cards you played: M:TG, Pokemon, YGO, Arcomage (still play Magic and Arcomage), Pazaak
Proven Records (Any): nope, just played at FNM a couple of times before I got good
Hey, exile, it's not "Marvel Vs. DC", it's the "Upper Deck Entertainment's Marvel & DC Vs. System Trading Card Game" or the "Vs. System" I woulda thought you would be tired of me correcting you. When I have time, I'll post my Kamigawa white weenie.

darktyranitar
29th January 2005, 07:17 AM
Name (IRL): Faiz (Pronounced Fa-eez)
Name (Net): darktyranitar
Hobbies: drawing, playing Pokemon TCG, collecting natural things
Trading Cards you played: Pokemon and a bit of Yu-Gi-Oh
Proven Records (Any): Actually, I have never been in a tournament before... So no records...