PDA

View Full Version : How do I...

Rabid_Cow
17th January 2005, 09:59 PM
Wanting a little http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs230.png (Lv 5) and wanting to hatch it from an egg. So what's the trick. I put it in with a ditto and I can't seem to get em to make a baby (Don't like eachother). I put it in w/ a Nidoran F and no luck there either (Prefer to play with other pokes).

I thought it was that the males could breed with the females and you had a 50% chance of gettin one or the other. I at least thought that the ditto would work, but so far it hasn't...

Thanks in advance to anyone with some help!

Orion
17th January 2005, 10:20 PM
NoA's sub-par translation strikes back!

"They don't seem to like each other" doesn't means they won't breed. They DO breed when that message pops up. They just take a bit longer...

And yes. If you breed a female Nidoran (Since Nidorina/Nidoqueen can't breed at all...) with any compatible Pokémon, you have a 50% chance of getting either female or male Nidoran. That also helps you on getting certain Bred-on moves on male Nidoran. You can breed the Ditto with the male Nidoran, just wal a lot and you'll get an Egg eventually. The translation can be confusing at times, I should know...

Rabid_Cow
17th January 2005, 10:35 PM
Thanks a lot! I just figured there was some sort of trick I was missin out on. Thanks again!

Sceptile_Master
18th January 2005, 09:57 AM
Can you still get a nidoran female if you breed a ditto with a nidoran Male/Nidorino/Nidoking.

Orion
18th January 2005, 08:50 PM
Can you still get a nidoran female if you breed a ditto with a nidoran Male/Nidorino/Nidoking.

Nope. Ditto always produces Eggs of the other Pokémon it's breeding with. If you breed it with a Male Nidoran or the evolved forms, the offspring will ALWAYS be a Male Nidoran. If you breed a Female Nidoran with Ditto (And no, Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed at all. Not even with Ditto, which was possible in GSC.), you'll ALWAYS get a Female Nidoran from the egg hatching.

Jeff
18th January 2005, 10:08 PM
which was possible in GSC.

Actually it wasn't, I have the old guide and it puts both of them in the No Eggs category.

I know it's not that important but just to straighten this up...

Orion
18th January 2005, 10:34 PM
Actually it wasn't, I have the old guide and it puts both of them in the No Eggs category.

I know it's not that important but just to straighten this up...

I tested it many times back when my Gold worked. Nidorina and Nidoqueen DID breed with Ditto, and produced a Nidoran Female. It doesn't works anymore in RS (Or FR/LG), though.

Chris 2.1
19th January 2005, 11:07 AM
What I don't get is why Nidorina or Nidoqueen can't breed.

rinku
19th January 2005, 04:11 PM
Menopause.

Sceptile_Master
19th January 2005, 04:17 PM
Happy Birthday Orion.

Chris 2.1
19th January 2005, 04:24 PM
Menopause.

Really? Wow. I...never thought of it like that.

rinku
19th January 2005, 07:43 PM
;)

Actually, since pokémon are ovipirous (sp?) menopause is not really the right term. But many creatures have a breeding period after which they are no longer fertile. For some bizarre reason this applies to Nidorinas.

phaedrus
19th January 2005, 09:44 PM
;)

Actually, since pokémon are ovipirous (sp?) menopause is not really the right term. But many creatures have a breeding period after which they are no longer fertile. For some bizarre reason this applies to Nidorinas.
they could be Catholic. ;)

Noobster
20th January 2005, 11:44 PM
Catholic sounds better to me. >_>