PDA

View Full Version : Device manager is being evil to poor me...

Sir Chris
18th January 2005, 05:14 AM
ok before I start 2 things.

1. holy crap that warning scared the hell out of me. The flashin almost made me have a seizure.

2. Congratulations John on your modding. You might not have the slighest clue who I am, as I am the hermit of g/s/c...But that not withstanding, good job!

Now, onto my problem.

About 2 weeks ago my sound stopped working. Why? That I have no clue on. Sound card could be messed up, but I don't know.

Device Manager isn't showing any ... devices! Nothing! its a blank fricken page! I am too stupid to do things without my precious device manager!

I have told it to run hidden programs, nothing. So it is getting quite weird, and I am quite confused.

I dislike being confused.

Sound doesn't work, my browsers(both IE and Firefox) randomly decide to quit once every few days.

So I throw myself on the Binary District Gods to help me.

*throw*

Thanks in advance(hopefully)

kainashi
18th January 2005, 09:46 AM
thanks. :)

but first things first, what os are you using? ie. windows 98, 2000, etc.?

on the sound not working, try uninstalling then reinstalling your sound card drivers.

don't really know why ie/firefox die on you every so often. could be anything, really.

RedStarWarrior
18th January 2005, 12:29 PM
Could it possibly be a virus or perhaps some sort of spyware? Try making sure that your virus program is up to date.

kainashi
18th January 2005, 12:56 PM
Could it possibly be a virus or perhaps some sort of spyware? Try making sure that your virus program is up to date.doesn't sound like something spyware would do but it's worth a shot scanning for some. same with antivirus.

Sir Chris
19th January 2005, 04:54 AM
I'll scan now and I use XP.

kainashi
19th January 2005, 08:23 AM
start > run > services.msc

is the plug and play service started?

Sir Chris
19th January 2005, 10:00 AM
You are my new God

(my sound is working, thanks!)

kainashi
19th January 2005, 10:05 AM
You are my new God

(my sound is working, thanks!)no problem. :)