PDA

View Full Version : C-Class Citizens (Begins, LSU's always welcome)

Ultimate Charizard
18th January 2005, 03:40 PM
And just as a Recap, The Plot.

The year is 2179. The human race is as ever Advancing and already has a Number of Space colonies orbiting both Earth and the New Lunar Facility, the first built since the Moon was Terraformed. Construction, and even society itself has been greatly accelerated and advanced in this new age with the Development of robotics. The large 'A Class' Robots doing most of the manual labour and the Humanoid 'B Class' Robots that perform the 'human relation' jobs such as maids or secretaries, receptionists or Butlers etc.
There is however a rhumour of another type. Nicknamed C Class robots, denied by any government or Robot Manufacturer they are supposedly almost human. Like the B Class robots they have Biological, Mechanical, and Biomechanical components but unlike the B's this new class are also said to have emotion, individual thought and some even guess, a Soul. Noone has ever seen one of these 'C Class' robots though and they remain a rhumour.....untill now.
A popular Zero-G Soccer Star by the name of Jim Bexley was fatally injured during an accidental technical malfuntion which resulted in him falling over 60ft to the floor below. Unfortunately not an uncommon event however the resulting autopsy found he wasnt quite what he said he was. It was common for some athletes to have Biomechanical implants, prosthetics were quite advanced however this was different. Bexley was found to be Primarily artificial yet without this examination noone would have known, so convincing was his image and personality.
Once this hit the news there was widespread paranoia, and now in the days and weeks following the incident a literal Witch-hunt has begun. Everyone looking out for these 'mechanical frauds' while the police attempt to keep order.
The truth however is that almost everyone has seen a C Class, they just dont know it. They may be your best friend or work collegue. Doctors, Police officers or even in Command of the Military itself. Some have resorted to joining the 'Hunting parties' of paranoid humans, hunting down other C's in an effort to avoid detection themselves.

---------------------------------
This story will mainly be taking place on the Lunar City. The moon itself as mentioned before is recently terraformed but not finished. Meaning the Majority of it looks similar to the rocky deserts found on the south west section of the North American Continent.
Charachters can be Human or C Class or even something in between (ie prosthetic implants). A breif description of the Robot types Follows.

A-Class. The Juggernauts, Massive Machines of Labour. Designed as construction tools and machines of War. No matter the designation most feature grappling arms, cutting lasers and immense strength although none of them appear Humanoid. They respond to voice commands but All A-class robots have complicated, multi-level security systems as the amount of damage they can cause isnt worth imagining. It is simply impossble for an A-class to go Rogue.

B-Class. The humanoid Face of the Robot industry this model appears almost totally human, even having specially grown organic Skin, save for two important features. The two small metal circles that are implanted above their temples and the complete lack of Emotion. They can communicate and converse as well as any human but their tone is almost always flat and unemotional (Think Data from Star trek). The only exceptions are the few that have been given emotional Programming, but these are also easy to spot. Often overly cheery or morbidly serious at all times. (Think AI). They still have the superhuman strength that you would expect from a robot however similar security systems are installed in the B's as the A's and this strength only comes into play when ordered or when absolutely nessecary.

C-Class. Totally Human in almost every way besides the way they are made. Humans come complete, C's come in easy to assemble Kit form. Their biological components grown much like the Skin of the B types however The C's have Bilogical Muscles, Brain tissue and even some Organs of course all of these are reinforced and strengthened by a Mechanical and Biomechanical skelteon and Nerve Frame. With all the abilities you would expect from a robot most try to hide it, even using devices to limit their strength and abilities. The most important part of a C Class robot is of course its personality. Noone knows how they got it but they act totally human,with emotions and feelings. Deep down they know they are machines, but most prefer the life of a Human.

---------------------------------------------------
Please remember to post your own here as a Recap.

Name: Gavin Wynder
Race: C Class Android
Personality: Just likes to get on with things. Loves a Joke and likes to be around people. Doesnt hold much against people and is altogether easy going but stands up for himself and others if needed. Pretty Selfless really.
Background: Joined the force at 19 and quickly got noticed and is now part of a special Cybernetics devison dealing with Computer crimes, Rogue Bots and criminals using robots. After the news about C's hit the populace he at least knows what he is but has just tried to continue with his life. Knows that a number of collegues may suspect him but in these times everyone is suspected by at least one person so has been able to shrug it off.
Alterations: None.

It Begins
---------

The door of my Locker slammed shut and i yawned what was left of the early morning clouds out of my head. I hated these early shifts but over the past few days thats all anyone had been doing. The President of the Earth Nations had arrived for his first tour around the Lunar facilities and with all this Paranoia going around it wasnt a very secure time. Rhumours were that some extremists even thought the president was a machine and assasination plots were getting too common.
As i sat in the Briefing room listening to Detective O'Connor go through todays plans my mind wandered and i reminded myself of the real threat. Todays Bio-Techs were so advanced you could barely tell the difference. Even the detective up there was partially artificial. From what i had heard one of his eyes was entirely robotic, infact most of the upper quarter of his head had been rebuilt however to just look at him, you could never guess which side. I looked down at my own hand, flexing the fingers and reminding myself that i too was just as artificial, yet well disguised as the Detectives eye.
Looking back i caught the eye of Strybjorn. Another officer, a little older than myself, just pushing into his thirties. A big guy, pretty grumpy looking and if it werent for the uniform you would think he was just another tough guy but this was an experienced officer, and a very efficient one. This was the guy giving me the most hassle, trying to expose what i was when he didnt even know, letting paranoia do the guess work.
The meeting ended shortly after and we headed out of the room to begin our duties, my first would be to follow up on the recent murder of one of the government officials waiting to meet the president a couple of days ago. Some random mugging at the airport had gone wrong and a supposed stray bullet caught this guy clean in the head. It was only then that he was discovered as class C robot. It seemed strange that this had happened so close to the original 'uncovering' and was still only the 3rd Class C Robot actually confirmed. The other two being Bexley and a guy we only know as 'Brent'. Had an arm ripped off during a riot but had done plenty of damage to the rioters while defending himself. For his protection and that of the public we now had him in custody.

All i knew is that it seemed too much of a coincedence that after all this time, only now were the C-Class robots being found out, and in numbers. It was only a matter of time before their mass survival, including my own was threatened.
-------------------------------------

A little lame but trust me, this will heat up. I got some real purdy plans for this ;)

Outlaw JT
18th January 2005, 09:03 PM
Name: Patrick O'Conner
Race: Human
Personality: Gruff but a good sense of humor. He can be a little rough around the edges but he's basically a good guy. He is fairly by the books and enforces the law to the letter unless there are considerable extenuating circumstances. He has a bit of a dark side when he loses his temper but it takes a lot to do that. You don't want to be the one to piss him off.
Background: Father was a cop, Grandfather was a cop, Great Grandfather was a cop. He's comes from a long line of Irish police officers. He never wanted to be anything else so when he was old enough he joined the police force. He spent five years as a beat cop before he passed the detective 1 exam. He spent 3 more years in homocide until one fateful day he cornered a killer that had been re-programming B-Class androids to kill their masters. When Patrick caught him he was using a B-Class as a shield. Patrick got off two shots, one that took out the B-Class's leg and another that split the killer between the eyes. Unfortunately the B-Class was armed and got off a shot too. It caught him at an angle, going in through his right eye and out through his right temple. Fortunately his partner was enroute so he was gotten to the hospital in time to save his life. He woke up almost a week later. He took 6 month's psyche leave. Dealing with having a computer chip in his head and a prosthetic eye was very hard for an old fashioned cop like Patrick. When he came back he was transferred to a special unit that. Shortly thereafter he made detective 2 and is now head field officer for the unit. When the announcement was made he started getting his men ready for riot duty because he suspected that's where this whole mess would eventually lead. He is very distrustful of any machine at this point but he awards everyone and everything a fair chance under the law. Since his incident, Patrick has undergone extensive physical training and studied the martial arts in an effort to even the playing field in case he ever had to go toe to toe with a machine again (something he suspected was inevitable).
Alterations: He has a prosthetic eye that allows him to see in various spectrums and can zoom in up to ten times his normal sight. He also has a small implant that replaced the part of his brain he lost to the bullet. It augments his memory, acts as an interface so he can log directly into computers and machinery (great for hacking and massive data compiling), and also calculates trajectories allowing him to react to things much faster than a normal person.
Other: Despite his android like reflexes his speed and strength remain unchanged. He is stronger and faster than the average person due to his experience and training, but can't compare to a C-Class with no limiters.

Detective Patrick O'Conner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Information poured through his mind at an alarming rate. Traffic reports, domestic complaints, 911 call records. Everything that had been entered into the LCPD the previous day filled up his thoughts as he scanned for any potential signs of cybernetic or computer related crimes. It was part of his daily routine.

"Would it be possible for you ta not do that while you're driving?" Strybjorn spoke nervously as he watched the truck they were passing.

If he felt inclined to he could have stuck his hand out the window and run his fingers along the cab of the truck while they passed it. At best there was only a foot of space between them. Only a half an inch passed between their sideview mirrors.

Patrick, took a long slow drag off his cigarette before extinguishing it in the ashtray in the bottom center of the dash. He cocked his head to the side and gave a wry grin. He then returned his focus to the road ahead and grabbed his coffee mug from it's holder.

"Ya shouldn't smoke those things either. They'll kill ya," Strybjorn grumbled in resignation.

"Speaking of homicide," Patrick finally spoke up as he replaced his coffee and unplugged the jack from his right temple, "looks like we got a case. Danozza, age 47, died of poisoning three days ago."

"Didn't the 3rd precinct arrest the daughter or sumthin," Strybjorn asked, a little confused.

"Yes. Late last night, though, a domestic call was put in by the guys son who was going through the estate. Danozza's B-Class had a fit and couldn't stop pouring a cup of coffee. Just kept pouring, spilling all over the counter. The kid had to have a couple of black and blue's remove the thing because it started sparking. Here's the kicker, cup he was pouring into was identical to the cup Danozza was drinking from when he was poisoned. The B-Class was tampered with. That makes it our case!" Patrick pulled out another cigarette from his shirt pocket when he was done talking.

As he drove on he lit it up and took another long drag. Things just didn't feel right these days. Something was brewing and he couldn't quite peg down what it was. All he knew was that since the first C-Class was discovered, the workload for his cybernetics unit had almost doubled. Something was up and he wouldn't feel at ease until he figured out what.

OOC: not my best but it's a start.

Bulbasaur4
18th January 2005, 10:20 PM
Name: Kayla Averson (lmao)
Race: C Class
Personality: A compassionate yet slightly kept-to-self individual. She's always friendly towards everyone but has a bad habit of letting others manipulate her to their advantage. Tends to be a bit emotional and some times sensitive, but within reason. She's cheery but can easily use that as a cover-up.
Background: She remembers growing up in an average family... yet there is a strange gap in her memories from when she was 18. Thus she determined that was when she created and those before that are just 'fake'. She works as an intern for a video gaming industry but she's usually found working at the resturant, The Haven as a waitress. The resturant is known for it's... *ahem* unusual costumes they make their waitresses wear- almost like cosplay some times. lol... but it's fairly busy and popular, and it pays good. ^_~. Ever since the news broadcast however, she's been a bit edgy but she's good at hiding it and has a few good friends who she trusts completely but yet would never tell them anything.
Occupation: Waitress at The Haven and Intern for V.I.C Gaming Co.
Alterations: N/A
Other: Her appearance is here http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7198

Kayla Averson

" Alright sir, your order will be ready in a few minutes." Kayla gave a short bow, to which the man gave a rather gaudy grin and Kayla kept her smile planted firmly and lovingly upon her lips. Today... of all days... at The Haven, was School Girl day. If that didn't attract male customers, then nothing would. Perhaps other than, 'Nude Day' but that would never happen. Kayla walked back behind into the kitchen area to place her order, and she saw a few of the waitresses complaining. Jayle and Terra.
" Holy crap... this is just so awkward." Terra was saying sadly, glancing down at her chest as Kayla quickly washed her hands.
"What? Your bra?" Kayla commented, and Terra gave a distasteful glance at herself again.
"Yes... they let me work here, but I always have to wear this stuffed one. It sucks.. you're so lucky that you're natural enough to FIT into their recommendations." Terra said with a sigh, and Jayle made a note that Terra was 'uneven'. Terra blushed and quickly ducked back to 'straighten' herself, as Kayla gave a smile.
"Oh well... pay is pay."
Kayla then walked out, seeing some new customers arriving.
" Hey Kayla, give this to table two." Katie stated, practically sliding the big glass of beer onto her tray. Kayla blinked and nodded.
"Alright.." Kayla walked to table two, sat down the beer and quickly glanced to see that a few people had taken new seats. Adjusting her skirt for just a moment, she withdrew a light breath and began for another ordering round.

Name: Katie Harth
Personality: She's what some would consider 'tough to get' because unlike most girls, she's rather bold and stubborn. Can be outspoken and hot tempered... but only because of her hidden history. She absolutely hates most guys... especially the ones that hit on her. There are a few exceptions- such as a few of her noteworthy friends- but other then that she's not very... sociable.
Background: Her mother was put into a mental institution when she was five, and her father was an alcoholic. He also was a bit incestual... how nice huh? Katie dealt with her father and all the problems a household could have with two brothers as well. One of them was older and left the house ASAP, but she was stuck with the younger one. She took care of him... but as soon as her brother turned 18, she left. She took any jobs she could muster, gathering little pay one by one until finally she had enough to settle down into an apartment. After the news broadcast recently, she didn't think much of people... and... now she still doesn't. She doesn't care if there are C classers about... to her, things are things. Humans are disgusting so she doesn't really understand why they'd think they're any better than anything else.
Occupation: Bar tender at a few pubs, usually at The Haven. She hates waitressing.
Alterations: [i]She has a prostetic arm from an accident from when she was twelve. Using up the last of her funds... a fellow friend paid for it. It grows with her of course until now... since she doesn't grow anymore. It's... well... very strong. Think I-Robot & Will Smith.
Other: She's friends with Kayla, although she's more motherly to Kayla just because Kayla couldn't tell anyone 'no' if her life depended on it.
Oh, and her picture is here http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7199

[center]Katie Harth

"You know what... I 'ate them rerbots.." A guy was swaggering by the bar, and Katie eyed him with a 'you're-so-gone' look. It wasn't that she cared about his views on robots, or that she cared about robots in general. It was that he was drunk off his ass. She hated that. Men being so irresponsible... especially during midday.
"Thatsh why I luuk this plashe... noooo rerbots.." The man started to bug another paying customer at his seat, and with that Katie had it.
" Excuse me sir..." Katie said, leaning herself against the bar. She wore a school girl outfit, she was conned into it... but lucky for her, unlike the waitresses she could wear a longer skirt that didn't show off her butt and a nice blouse. Still, men were men.
"Ooo... purdy lady here to see me.." Th eman began to say, his already red face seeming to beam a little bit more.
"Yes yes... and you sir, are going to leave."
The man seemed to smile, before the statement registered and he frowned.
"No'mnot.." He stated, but Katie smiled.
"Yes... leave or else I'll make you leave sir." the sir was rather forced, but the man wasn't going ot leave and she knew it.
"You cannat make meh leeeeeve.." He stated with a giddy laughter, and to that Katie had enough. She grabbed his arm, and as he tried to pull away he found that... well, he couldn't. Her arm was stronger than his, stronger than... well, anyone's.
" Let's go.." She said with an aggitated voicde, and a few snickers could be heard from a few guys at teh bar who were fed up with the man. Katie opened the door with her more humanoid hand, and threw the man out, literally. Once he was on the pavement, he glared back at her but instead of coming back in he left.
Finally.

Reapproaching the bar... Katie watched Kayla walk by, noting that she was dang well glad she didn't have to wear the same outfits the waitresses did.
" So boys... anything I can get you?" Katie stated, her rather rogue sounding voice still appealing and strangely, turning a bit less hostile than with the other guy.

Samchu
19th January 2005, 02:37 PM
Name: Mark Andrews
Race: C Class

Personality: He tries to remain unoticed, blending in to crowded areas. He didn't used to act this way but he has become more wary since the release of the news report. He doesn't trust easily and isn't very open to others he doesn't trust. He tries not to judge others and keep a broad outlook on life but he is finding it increasingly difficult with all the reports of human organised witch-hunts of the C Class. Really, he's a nice guy, you just have to dig through all the caution and distrust to get there.

Background: He has always been a wanderer, never really fitting anywhere he went from place to place to try and find someone that felt like a home. After an accident that took his right arm, he realised what he was and that he would never really belong anywhere. He went to a private technician who fitted him with an advanced prosthetic arm to replace the old one. He moved on before anyone could notice and evetually he settled down. Before the news broadcast he was well on the way to making something of himself but once the report was issued he quit his job, switching to one that attracted less public attention, and began renevating his home...just incase.

Occupation: Delivery man for the local brewer (the prosthetic arm really comes in handy)
Alterations: Prosthetic right arm
Other: none

Mark
~~~~

I parked the van in its usual spot beside the back door and clambered out slowly. Once again, I found myself delivering to the Haven, currently our brewery's biggest customer. It was a nice place and I visited it often both in and outside of work. I had come to recognise some of the workers by name and some of them recognised me too.
I knocked on the door and waited until a barmaid opened it. She was wearing a school girl outfit but the skirt was past her knees. I didn't recognise her so I assumed that she new.
"Goo' mornin'. I got yer shippment of booze 'ere."
"Oh, okay."
I pulled the clipboard out from under my arm. "Jus' put yer signiture on tha' line righ' there an' I'll 'andle tha rest."
I watched her scribble down on the paper and smiled, nodding slightly. "Thank ya kindly. Ya jus' leave the rest ta me."

I returned to my van and began loading barrells onto a flat trolley. It was easier this way, much quicker. Of course, the weight might be concidered a problem to some but I had no trouble with it.
I wheeled it round the van and was just pushing it through the back door when Katie came through to see what all the noise was. I didn't know Katie personally but I had become acustomed to her reputation. We had spoken now and then during my visits.
"Ah, nice ta see ya again Katie. How ya doin' on this fine day?"
"Cut the accent Mark. You're not fooling anyone."
I smirked and wheeled the trolley inside. "Fooled your new barmaid." I tapped the barrels. "Here you are. 20 barrells delivered as requested."
Katie frowned. "No one's got the time to fit all this." She shot me a glance. "Can you handle it?"
I nodded. "Just leave it to me."
Content, she left then and there.

We'd made a deal. Seeing as how fitting the barrells wasn't a part of my job and seeing as how the Haven was always so busy that no one had the time to fit them, I had made a deal with the manager. I fit the barrells, and in return I get a free drink and meal. I enjoyed the work and of course, I enjoyed the free food as well. One by one, I unloaded the barrells and fitted them into place. When I finished. I walked round the site and came in through the front door. Completely innocent. No one would suspect a thing.

I sat down at my usual table and counted. 5...4...3...2...1...
"Hello sir, how may I help?"
I smiled and leaned forward on the table. "Hello Kayla. Nice to see you." Kayla had served me the first time I came here, I hadn't forgotten her name since. "Nice outfit. Bet the punters are enjoying it."
"Yes, it seems that way."
I took a breath. "Guess I'd best order then?" I scanned the menu briefly. "Give me...heck I'll take..." I then proceeded to point out several dishes on the menu. "And don't hold back on anything."
"Still got the same apetite I see."
I smiled. "That I do. Been working real hard lately."
"Drinks?"
"Gimme...two beers to start and something for yourself. Your boss' got this one so I think I can get away with a bit of generosity. Oh and tell Katie she can help herself to a free drink as well if she wants. Maybe I can bribe her to be nicer to me?"

Kayla smiled and bowed slightly - which I was deny was VERY interesting - before leaving. I sat back and sighed. Life wasn't so bad, not really.

Leon-IH
20th January 2005, 09:03 AM
Name: Yuri '2035' Vostock (haha cliche russian name)

Personality: Yuri is a brooding man, almost silent unless something is said he feels the need to respond to. He tries to close himself off from other humans as he considers emotion to be a weakness. He see's C Class robots as a danger to his love of machinery because of thier human traits.

Background: Yuri was born in Russia an orphan who was adopted into an American family when he was 7.

At age 11 the muscles of his chest and arms were practically destroyed by a construction site accident which caused him to be given prosthetic replacements giving him unusual strength beyond that of a normal prosthetic arm.

As he grew older Yuri began to cut himself from humans, especially those close to him and by the time he was 21 he gave up on human society and turned to mechanics and robotics as a way to earn money, living in his workshop and only leaving for food.

This life continued for 2 years until at age 23 he was forced into psychiatric care after killing a man who he caught destroying robots in his workshop. If asked he would say he was imprisoned for no just cause and refer to his time there as 'when I was 2035'.

Recently returned to his home, Yuri could be sitting on the edge of madness learning that even his beloved robots are capable of emotion.

Alterations: Prosthetic arms and chest.

Other: Gives other a suplex through a stack of glass panels. BEAT THAT!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Arggghh christ not another broken tube" I yell, furious that after 11 weeks I still can't get this so called Housework Robot to actually work for me, and right when my factory needs some polishing.

Such is life I suppose as they kept saying to me or at least that's what I think they said... I think about this matter more as I open the door to my workshop, I shall have to go outside today - what a shame. But that robot won't work until I have that tube and I didn't think of a spare one.

I begin to wander along the streets quietly, hoping nobody shall notice me silently wandering this city as I map out my path to 'The Toolshed' mechanics store. The one place in this damned city where the cops don't bother a simple mechanic these days.

As I begin my trek across the city it has occured to me that hunger is perhaps going to get me before I can get across to The Toolshed, however the only 'restaurant' nearby is a place called 'the haven' which barely counts as anything more than a smuthouse.

I walk along and browse a menu on a stake outside the Haven and try to decide if it is worth risking any dignity I have in this city by actually putting money into the pockets of the owner.

OOC: Sorry about the lame first post, but gotta start somewhere haha.

-/Deathborn/-
20th January 2005, 06:42 PM
Name: Jack Korso
Personality: Very daring, believes as long as C-Class don't rebel then we don't have to destroy them. His experiments have him well-known throughout the fields of science, and also unwelcome in most of the world. Don't expect him to be serious. His backround causes him to be reckless, and he's semi-insane. If he acts drunk and isn't, he probaly just finished and expermient and is overly happy about it. But when he's happy or furious, he needs to be in an asylum.

Background: He has a history of doing many experiments, most concern bio-engineering. Some succeeded, some failed. Others-well, didn't end up either way. A couple failures were he once tried to make a serum that could rejenuvate someone who was dead, but it instead made his "victim" a zombie. Other experiments were to make creatures that could live on the moon. One, a huge sandworm called Amboris, ended up being suffocated while stuck between rocks underground. But now, he is making machines that can help him with work, also accept that they ARE machines, and actully admit it to a human being in person.

Alterations: Since he got lots of acid burns, exposure to radiation, etc..his arms and legs have recently been replaced. They are strong enough to his hands could really-shake-someone's hands to the point they were tired, and his feet could kick a soccer ball so hard Jack would just punch a hole in it.
Other: *Gives other a glass of water with arsenic in it*

-/Jack Korso/-

Jack had a bad day enough. First, he got fined for "illegal" work on fusing bio-tech and robotics, which was perferred not to be worked on at the time, and the fine itself- $5,000,000, even though to Jack was extra change, he was losing money fast- about 150,000 a week. He's been working on this stuff for about 3 years. The fuse of a biological being with mechanical parts would be a breakthrough, regarless what the government says. They said that it was impossible.
"But hey, I reached Absolute Zero, so why can't this be impossible?" Jack would say to the government.
But then again, this was different.

Looking outside the window of his small space station far away from the moon, in orbit around it, and it seemed that dozens of $100 bills were flying out of the station window, into nothingness.

Which was were essentialy were all the money from Jack's wallet went.
-----
Sorry bout shortness, soo..very...tired... :sleep: Also wanted to post before it got too long. Just some info on Jack's...money...and how the government doesn't want him to continue his work.

classy_cat18
20th January 2005, 06:50 PM
I would like to join. I guess I'll be human.

Name: Shonta Jones
Personality: She is fascinated by robots, and is repulsed by anyone that hates them. She'll show it, too. She's down to earth with a good sense of humor and not easy to fool. But courage is sorta low. Not a genius, but she knows enough.
Background: She had a normal family, but she had trouble in school. With her good personality and typing skills, though, she was able to get a job as a secretary and go-for at V.I.C. Gaming, Inc. But the job was too stressful at first. In the frantic traffic one day, she got into a car accident and damaged her throat. She needed synthetic vocal cords. Because of this, her voice always sounds a little bold. Her attitude towards robots didn't change after the incident. In fact, she believes that the robots are more human that she previously thought.
Alterations: Prosthetic vocal cords (larynx)
Other: *shoots other with rocket launcher*

Is this good?

Bulbasaur4
20th January 2005, 10:05 PM
Kayla
C Class / F

Kayla watched the man who had entered intently, and he seemed to have remembered her name with out looking at her tag. She gave a smile and bowed at his order, finding it peculiar. Of course... her sharp eyes caught his little glance, but it was to be expected. Her smile remained firmly upon her lips, for while the man seemed a tad bit arrogant... he did seem nice enough. Walking up to the bar, sketching the order upon her notepad... she stuck the order upon the kitchen wheel and then turned to Katie.
" The man in table 4 wants two beers. He sure ordered a lot." Kayla's eyes went big, as if she didn't expect a man of that size or appearance to order such an abundance of food. Katie's blank yet rather firm gaze peered over Kayla's shoulder, and with out hesitation she gave a rather abrupt sigh of exasperation.
"Of course he's ordering a lot... it's free. This place struck a deal with him, since he's our alcoholic delivery man."
Kayla gave a nod as if to say, 'oooh' although she really didn't understand why.
"He also said that you and I can have free drinks."
Katie narrowed her eyes further, "Oh did he?" She said with an overly sarcastic tone.
"Goodie." She managed to add, turning around and filling up to large glasses with foaming beer. Turning about, she sat them upon the counter, letting the beer drizzle down the sides a bit.
" Give these to him. What ever you do... don't take his little hits."
Kayla laughed, "Everyone gives all the waitresses hits... you know that. Why warn me about him?"
Katie shrugged as she filled up a few more drinks, "Because... he's... a charmer."
With that Katie walked away, giving out a few drink orders as Kayla was left in confusion.
"Erm... okay..." She trailed off, as Kayla whirled about with the two large drinks in hand and walked briskfully over to the 'alcoholic bringer-guy' whom she happily dubbed.
" Here are your drinks sir!" She said with a cheerful voice, placing them down neatly in front of him, despite their dripping appearance. Hey... Kayla was the deliver, it was Katie's fault for the appearance.

Katie
~ Human / F ~

Katie watched as Kayla delivered the drinks, and her eyes seemed to shuffle.
I don't know what it is about that guy... but... I dunno. Kayla is easily fooled by anything... I can see her falling for a guy like that.
Katie didn't really like men... especially charmers. Of course... it all came back from her past, and well... charmers weren't her forte. At least... that's what she taught herself to believe.
It wasn't soon before the jingling of the bell sounded, and Katie found some one new sitting at the bar. It was some one who didn't look like a veteran... so it was a newcomer. With out hesitation he seemed to plant himself in front of the bar, but gazing at the menu he seemed hesitant. As if he wasn't sure if he should order anything.
Tight ass
Katie thought with an amused look on her face, as she walked over to the man and leaned in front of him, resting her arm on the table as she grabbed an empty glass.
" I see you're a newcomer. What can I do you for?"

Outlaw JT
21st January 2005, 12:45 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you're sayin it can't be the daughter now," Strybjorn asked again to be sure.

"Yes, numnuts! Look, it takes a lotta know how to get one of those machines to bypass their primary protocols. Plus, whoever did it did it in a hurry because they didn't have time to install a worm to erase their tracks in it's programming. That's why it froze up when it was pouring the coffee. Subconsciously the robot associated the cup with murder and since it's base protocols prohibit it from any act that would bring harm to a human being it blew a fuse trying to come to terms with the contradiction in it's head. One, the daughter had as much time as she wanted alone with that B-Class as she was free to come and go from the estate. Two, she quit college her first semester and lives off her trust fund. No way she had the know how to reprogram a B-Class. Heck, her friends say she has to have her own robot program a simple digital recorder. She didn't do it, Jon. I'd stake my badge on it," Patrick took another steady drag from his cigarette as he looked at the Danozza estate in the rear view mirror.

Without saying another word Patrick asked the car cpu to open the passenger door. Without moving to press a button the door opened. Jon Strybjorn shot a harsh look at him before getting out slowly. Before he shut the door he leaned in for one last word.

"Everyone hates it when you do that Pat," Jon said, clearly a little irritated.

"You can ride back to the station with one of the uniforms. I wanna check out a few of this Danozza's haunts. See if anyone's noticed anything strange the past few weeks. Something just doesn't sit right about this whole thing," Patrick said as the door shut almost as he thought it.

With a wry grin and a wave, Patrick took off down the street. There were plenty of uniforms back there so Strybjorn could easily get a ride back. He just didn't like having another badge around when he was putting questions to a civilian. One badge was intimidation enough these days for most people.

As he drove he flipped down a small patch of hair on his right temple. Almost by instinct he reached down and grabbed the jack from it's place in the dash and plugged it into his head. It was still an odd sensation but he had overcome it's original unpleasantness. He still didn't enjoy it but it wasn't so distasteful anymore.

Before he even reached the first intersection he was scanning through the file for the Danozza case. From the looks of it, it had been a pretty shoddy investigation before he took charge of it this morning. Hardly any people were questioned outside the immediate family and no one checked out the vic's routine. The places he went to on a regular basis.

hmmmm........ 12:30 ....... I could go for a bite. A drink doesn't sound so bad either. Guess the first stop would be .......... 'The Haven' then. Family told the previous detective he ate there every other day. Great place to start.

Without even realizing it he had made three turns en route to 'The Haven'. It was one of the things that annoyed him about having the chip in his head. Sometimes he would just do things he was planning on doing without even realizing it. It never really got him into trouble but he sure spent a lot more on cigarettes.

The Haven was only about five minutes from the Danozza estate. Patrick parked in the lot across the street and made his was over once there was a break in the traffic. It didn't seem to be a fancy place by any means but seemed to do a good bit of business.

He went in and made his way to a small table near the bar. The lunch crowd was evening out and the waitresses were busy bringing out orders. Without thinking he pulled another cigarette from his shirt pocket and was going for his lighter when he heard a voice from behind the bar.

"I'm sorry sir but you can't smoke in here," a young girl said in a firm but kind manner.

"Not even in the bar area?" he asked, a bit disappointed.

He didn't wait for a response and quickly pocketed the cigarette. The girl from behind the bar came around and out to greet him. Unlike the other girls she wore a skirt with some length to it. Just as well. Patrick though it was a bit tasteless to make the waitresses guss up like schoolgirls anyway.

"Can't believe the perv who owns this place makes you gals dress up like that," he gave a disaffected chuckle as she came over.

Her eye seemed to twitch just a bit as he said it but she managed to keep a cheerful smile on her face. Judging from her thermals it must've been taking a lot of effort to keep that face up.

"What can I get for you today sir?" she reached his table, pad and pencil in hand.

"Yeah. I'd like a pint of whatever Irish beer you have on tap and a turkey sandwich, tomato, one leaf of lettace, no cheese, no mayo, with a pinch a' salt. Thanks Katie," he was very precise and quick with his words while trying to be pleasant.

"How did you....." she began but his pointing finger halted her.

"Nametag," he said simply.

"You can read this tiny print from there?" she was a bit offguard.

"Perfect 20/20," he gave a convincing grin even though it was a bold faced lie.

She seemed to except this and returned behind the bar, placing his order slip on a spindle in the kitchen window. Pretty old fashioned for a place in Lunar City. His thoughts returned to him when he heard the pouring of a good foamy beer.

"So, you been working here long?" he asked as he watched the foam pour over the rim of his beer.

"Why are you asking?" to this Katie was much less patient.

"Wanted to know if you could tell me about one of your regulars in here. Frank Danozza. Remember him?" Patrick's voice was calm but with a hint of firmness to it.

"Why do you want to know?" she responded, a bit curious but obviously still a bit defensive after what she must have thought was a come on.

"Name's Patrick O'Conner. I'm the detective investigating his murder," he answered back sharply.

OOC: tag Kalah! :) have fun

Samchu
21st January 2005, 08:37 AM
Mark
~~~

I frowned slightly, watching the beer dripping down the sides of the glass. With a sigh I said: "I guess Kiatie's still peeved at me then."
"She says you're a charmer. She doesn't like men like you."
"Men like me huh..." I mumbled as Kayla quickly returned to collect my order of food. I watched her carefully as she set it all out on the table. I decided that I couldn't let Kayla see me as a charmer, that wouldn't do any good. So, I would have to be...less...guyish. Right then and there I swore not to look the next time she bowed, and I didn't; much to her surprise.

"Thanks for the food. I'll give you a shout if I need anything else okay?"
She nodded sweetly, bowed once more (and I DIDN'T look) and then moved to serve the other customrers. I, instantly, beganto tuck in to my enormous meal. I won't deny that I got a couple of odd looks, it was a hell of a lot of food for one man to order but I had an abnormal appetite.

Eventually, I did call Kayla over again and ordered yet more food. This time, when she was going back to Katie, I asked her to deliver a message for me.
"Can you tell Katie something for me?" I asked.
"Yes sir."
"Tell her I'm not trying to trying to upll anything, I just think she has a really great friend. She'll understand."
Kayla smiled and bowed (no looking, absolutely NO looking!) before once again heading off to deal with my orders.

classy_cat18
21st January 2005, 03:58 PM
Shonta Jones
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I sat typing on my computer. The "clackity-clack" noise was the only sound in the office right now. I paused for a moment and sighed. Silence. "I need to get out of here," I groaned as I went back to typing.

My boss, Mr. Harrington, peeked out of his office and cleared his throat. "Shonta, I need you to pick up my lunch from The Haven," he told me.

I sighed again. It hadn't been long before I had to pick up his late breakfast. I wanted to hang him. But I didn't want to lose my job. "Yes sir," I said as politely as I could. I got my jacket and left.

The Haven was only a couple blocks away. As much as I felt like walking to save the gas, the boss didn't like a cold lunch. I entered the restaurant to find that it was filled with men. "Must be School Girl Day," I mused. I turned to the cashier. "Excuse me, I'm here to pick up an order for Harrington."

Bulbasaur4
21st January 2005, 04:05 PM
Kayla - Katie
~ C-Class - Human / F ~

Kayla gave the man a rather odd look, but she shrugged as she turned about. It was then that her sharp gaze rested upon Katie and another man. It was odd to her... to see Katie out from behind the bar and talking to some one like that. Katie wasn't one for 'talk'... unless it was business. The man didn't look extremely official... but then again, no one did these days. The Haven was a perfect example of that in itself. While the interior was extremely modern, it was perfectly elegantly designed while it still did the old way of waitressing. 'More personalized' was themotto, although the dress up days were a little too personal.
Katie was talking, and Kayla studied how her face didn't change from it's serious expression... and if it did, it was brief. Katie was good at doing such things... Kayla swore some time she'd make a great secret agent.
"Umm... Katie?" Kayla said with a little stutter, approaching her but looking at the 'official-looking man' with a hint of nervousness. Any man who got Katie to talk could be dangerous, based on Katie.
" What is it Kayla?" Katie said, turning to the side as if the conversation she were having with the man could be put on hold effortlessly. She noticed he his order already, a beer and a sandwich. Katie usually didn't wait on people, at least not long term... so things were odd.
" Umm... the delivery man wanted me to deliver a message. If you step aside I'll-"
Katie's eyes narrowed, " Whatever that guy has to say can be said outloud, I don't think the detective would mind."
Kayla's mind froze. Detective? for what? Kayla didn't want to ask questions... but with all the huzzah about c-class and stuff, Kayla was nervous. What if he worked for the government? What if he was asking Katie questions about the waitresses? Katie was the lead here...
"Oh." Kayla said, her voice suddenly seeming timid and giving off a little squeak.
"He...uh... just.. uhm..." Kayla stuttered, her eyes madly flickering about the restuarant.
"HesaidtellherI'mnottryingtotryingtopullanything, hejustthinksyouhaveareallygreatfriend."
Her voice was extremly rushed, but Katie deciphered it.
" Good choice of words. I'm not going to make you be the telephone here Kayla, but still be careful. Remember, guys like him... can't trust."
Kayla laughed, nervousness still echoing in her voice clearly as she eyed the detective.
"Uh heh... yeah... but you don't trust any guy."
"True. Oh well." Katie shrugged, and Kayla quickly moved away to fetch a few more orders. Katie eyed the detective, "Yeah... anyway... I saw him a lot. Always ordered a cup of coffee and complained about it. He'd then order a beer... every day. He also talked a lot about robots, he liked robots... a lot more than any other person I know. Umm... whenever he came in, he seemed like a normal person. that is, until he opened his mouth and talked about all that crap. However... I find that normal for most people who come in here."

Ultimate Charizard
21st January 2005, 07:16 PM
Gavin Wynder
-------------

I pulled up outside the Spaceport. The huge structure of the control tower dwarfing every other building in sight. Small Lunar craft buzzed everywhere and a large space cruiser jet could be seen ascending. Entering through the main entrance i was immediately met by a Service Robot. A B-Class robot, resembling a young woman with a pleasant but emotionless face, owned by the spaceport designed to deal with any complaints or questions passengers had. As my Badge passed through the Security portal it was automatically switched to the 'may i help you officer' mode.
After some questioning it led me through the terminal to the site where the incident had taken place. There was a large white tent assembled around the incident area. 'Construction in Progress' written on the side. Looks like the Spaceport officials were quick to cover up potential safety scares.

Poking my head inside it was still as it had been, minus the body of course. There was nothing really here that hadnt been picked over already. Blood Samples had been taken, witness reports filed, this was pretty much the final check over before the cleaners were allowed in.
Seeing nothing more to check I stepped back out into the terminal and looked up through the huge windows overlooking the main runway and curved upward into the roof, showing the huge jets on their way into space. Things were getting too coincidental. The original unveiling had been an accident but now a murder and another C-Class being mugged. It was all happening too close together...too conveniently. I Had a feeling someone was orchestrating it all, but i needed to know who.

Almost as if on cue, as i began to make my way back to the main terminus every screen in the building flickered and changed. The advertisements, shows, and information that had been there was now replaced by a wickedly smiling face, one i recognised.
"Brent?" i muttered under my breath.

The grin widened, as if realising he was on the air "Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls. Roll up for the greatest freakshow your ever going to see!" I keyed my radio and asked the controller who had released Brent. His reply that Brent was still in his cell confused me even more. The most likely explanation was that it was a recording...but why?

"My name is Bartholemew(sp?) Brent, and i have seen a problem rising in this City, namely C-Class robots. The false humans, these frauds and charletains"
I Tried to understand what he was talking about, after all he himself was a C-Class Robot.
"I am hereby admitting responsibility for the recent 'unveiling', my methods unfortunately had to be a little crude but effective none the less. I know the names of every C-Class Freak in this City and you know why?" He raised his hand to wave a piece of paper in front of the screen. "I have a List!"

He waved the paper quickly, never stopping to let the names be seen but taunting with the knowledge. "This is being privatley broadcast on a scrambled channel, no need to try and record it as the signal is programmed to corrupt itself. Everyone watching tv on this rock has heard this message of public safety and in 5 Days everyone on this Rock will also know the names on this list. I dont want any ransom, i dont want any demands....my goal is simple, and as i mentioned, my methods have made that perfectly clear"
"Remember freaks, i know who you are, i know where you are and if your lucky enough to avoid me untill the end of the week, then so will everyone else.....Good Luck!"

The transmission ended and the screens resumed their previous messages as i turned and headed to my car. Brent was still in the Cells and i was going straight there to question that sadistic creep. I jumped in the car and began to pull away as the side door of the Tower openend and half a dozen men carrying large boxes ran out. I slammed on the brakes, narrowly avoiding the man at the head of the group. He jumped back, slamming his hands on the hood to avoid being hit and i stared confused at the guy looking at me.
It was Brent....that broadcast had been Live, transmitted from the Spaceport tower which i guess made sense due to its transmiter equipment but how he was here i couldnt understand. A twin maybe? Another Robot of the Same model?. He seemed to realise i had recognised him and he span, jumping into the back of a black van that had just pulled up. His associates threw in their boxes and jumped in, the van already pulling away as i pulled my gun and began to get out of my car.
"Officer Wynder to Control i want a Check on a vehicle, also send backup to link up with me, in Pursuit of a Black Van, registration Yankee Delta Zero Four Alpha Echo Bravo"
I jumped back in and set off in pursuit as i waited for a response.....

As u may have guessed its late and im writing this as i go along. If a ' Last edited by Ultimate Charizard' message appears just check again, i may have reread my own work and decided to change something.

Leon-IH
22nd January 2005, 08:55 AM
Holy christ I just realised I forgot a physical description for Yuri in my signup so I'll chuck it in here.

Yuri is around 5'8" tall with a solid frame and very short legs for his height. He has thick brown hair which goes down to his shoulders in an unkept manner but is cut unusually at the front to stop it going over his brown eyes. He always has pointy cleanshaven chin and also has a shortish pointy nose with a fairly large scar on the left side. He usually wears a dark green shirt and jeans when he is outside his workshop.

Yuri Vostock.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the woman had asked what she could do for me, she had suddenly gone onto another conversation leaving me in a state of doubt about if I should leave or not. However I notice her return to the bar, time to eat I suppose.

"A tequila and a salad sandwich thanks" I say, slightly faster than intended but still at a pace that should be understood. I scan around the bar, all types of unusual people are here - if there were any more people with coats it would look like the meeting of a paedophile ring.

There is an official looking type to one side who was talking with one of the waitresses, probably a sad individual trying to impress, but then again a smart official would make himself look that way to blend in.

"Your tequila sir" said the waitress who I had given my order to as she passed my tequila over the bar, bowing as she went back to her work looking somewhat more flustered than she had before dissapearing earlier.

Uncomfortably I sit on one of the bar stools and stare into space, the tequila in my hand.

OOC: Please forgive anything that's hard to understand - it's a bit late here.

Ultimate Charizard
29th January 2005, 06:52 PM
Lost interest already?

Cant really take this any where with nothing from u guys.

-/Deathborn/-
30th January 2005, 05:27 AM
-/Jack Korso/-

Jack was sitting in his chair overlooking the moon, when he heard the phone ring.
"Crap. Not again..." Jack almost knew what the call was for.
"Hi Jack. The government wants you at on the Lunar Base by 10:30PM. It's not for the fines this time. It's about your research in general." The man said on the other end.
Jack knew the feds had it. He just knew they were gonna tell him that they were gonna blow his station up and to get everything out.

Jack arrived at the base at 9:50pm. He headed for The Haven, which is where the government agents decided to arrive. Jack waited for a long time.
It was at 10:20pm the agents arrived and took their table, far off from the rest.
"Okay, Jack. You're one of the brightest minds of day. You're trying illegal fusing of biological and mechanical technology. We've fined you countless times, and you've continued research and you say you've reached the summit and ready to build a robot that that is mechanical and biological. But most importantly, we've gotten a sample of the AI you're using and it is almost superior to C-Class AI, which is almost human." One agent said.
"Your point is...?" Jack asked.
"Jack, with all these witch-hunts for c-classes going on, it'll only be a matter of time before they become technologicly obsolete to your proposed machines. Bottom line is, we regret all the fines and we will let you continue research. In the meantime..." The agent held out a computer chip the size of a baseball in width and gave it to Jack.
"...begin construction."
Jack was dumbfounded. He got back to his station in space and was combuzled to hell. He instantly put the AI Chip in a safe place(a safe) and went to his workshop.
"Time to go to work."
-----

Bulbasaur4
30th January 2005, 07:55 PM
I was hoping Jeff would post some thing, but alas I will!

Kayla
~ C-Class / F ~

Kayla was carrying out an order of drinks when suddenly a voice sounded through all of the Haven's projectors (they're advanced televisions). One man, speaking... talking about all the c-class personnel. Kayla was dead in her tracks, along with everyone else at the tavern. When it was finished... the projectors turned back to their original stations, but Kayla was speechless.
Oh my god... he's going to announce the names?! No! He can't! How... how can he?
Kayla felt panic arise with in her, and suddenly she tripped over what seemed to be nothing. A loud clatter and crash sounded, as the glasses hit the floor and shattered into many shards. Kayla looked mortified, and glancing up she saw a few guys staring at her... some looking at her butt which was a little exposed from the skirt. Kayla quickly rose to her feet, looking at the backroom. Her face turned instantly red as she ushered herself to the backroom.
"Lilia... can you clean that mess up for me? I'm not feeling well all of a sudden... I've got... uhh... a really bad stomach ache. I think I'm gonna leave a little bit early, is that okay?"
Lilia glanced at Kayla, a smile upon her face.
"Sure!" She was the type of person to easily help Kayla. Kayla was thankful for her. Grabbing a bag of her regular clothes, she went into the dressing room. As she changed her mind wandered...

This could be the end of my life. If people find out... they'll be after creations like me. They'll burn us... persecute us. It's all maddness... it's not my fault for being constructed, but I have feelings too! ... ... don't I?

Kayla exited the Haven swiftly. She had to pass by a few of the customers and the bar, but usually they didn't pay attention to exiters. Kayla wore tight, light blue jeans and a small black t-shirt that seemed to hug at her body slightly. A silver chain pendant was about her neck, as she swiftly took her ponytail binder out of her hair and let her golden-hued hair fall about her shoulders. Giving everyone a glance- they were all chatting now it seemed- she walked out.

"I gotta get home... " She mumured, walking down the street towards her apartment which was only a few blocks away.

classy_cat18
30th January 2005, 08:35 PM
Shonta Jones

I growled. "The nerve of that guy! What have androids done to us? If anything, we owe them one!" I snatched the food from the counter and stormed out of the restaurant. I got back in the car and started to drive back to work.

"Where were you?" my boss demanded.

"Do you want your lunch or not?" I yelled.

Harrington stepped back. "What is your problem?"

"Didn't you hear the broadcast?"

"Is that what you're angry about? Look, why do you care about those androids?"

I didn't feel like answering him. I've had enough. I went to my desk and started back to typing on my computer.

"Look, why don't you go home for the day? You're obviously too stressed to work right."

I mouthed "Thanks" and headed for my home.

I know, too short. But I don't want you to think that I've lost interest in the RPG.

Samchu
31st January 2005, 04:15 PM
Sorry this has taken so long, been low on ideas lately.

Mark
~~~~

I'd left shortly after ordering my second batch of food. I wasn't a human of course but I ate about as much as one with a large appetite did and that was the end of my stop at the Haven. I had finished up my pint and headed outside, after leaving a 'nice' tip for Kayla.
I passed down a couple of roads, enjoying the scenery. Well...the scenery wasn't exactly facinating but I enjoyed being outside. The way the world was going, I was happy to just be here alive.

I stopped to gaze in the window of an electronics shop. There were a small group of tvs stacked together, each one showing a news broadcast of yet another human attack. I shook my head. Humans...why did they act this way? Why do so many of them think that they can just treat those who aren't like them in this way!? WHY!? I groaned and smacked my hand with my fist.

Suddenly the screens shifted and a man came on screen. I tilted my head at this strange broadcast but was compelled to watch. He harpered on about the 'C-Class situation' for a while and it was all dull and trivial, but then he said it. Then he delivered his ultimatum and everything changed. 5 days, 5 days and everyone will know what I am...I'll be hunted down and killed like some wild animal because of some stupid experiment!

I stormed off to a quiet road. I was angry and scared and I wanted to do something. I wanted to just hit something, to get something out of all of this misery. Seeing the street empty I pulled back my fist and slammed it hard into a wall, cracking some of the brickwork and denting it greatly. "They think they're so great! What makes them so special!? They're the one who created US!"

I heard a sound and turned panicking. I saw Kayla. "Why aren't you at work?"
"I felt sick. I'm going to my appartment." she replied quietly. She seemed shaken to me, as if something had upset her.
"You don't look so good. I'll walk you."
"I don't want to be trouble," she replied timidly.
"No trouble. I am offering after all." I waited for her to catch up then walked with her. "Look...what I said just now...just...don't say anything to anyone okay? I don't want anybody getting ideas about me especially after that damn broadcast. You saw it right?"
"Yes..."
"Then you know that if anyone gets word that I am - I mean that if anyone thinks I am...just please. Things are gonna be hairy for the next five days and only God knows what they'll be like afterwards. Nowhere's gonna be safe after that, for anyone."

Outlaw JT
1st February 2005, 10:42 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When his beer arrived at his small table, Patrick took a hefty swig from it. His turkey sandwich was prepared exactly as he specified which was mildly impressive given the detail he had gone into ordering. As he ate he took a long look at Katie behind the bar. Something had made that girl very defensive. He could only wonder what it may have been.

"Have you noticed any changes in his routine the past month or so?" he asked before taking another bite.

"Well, he normally always came in alone. About two weeks ago he had lunch with another gentleman, though," Katie answered as she went about her work.

Patrick was about to ask if she could describe this mystery man to him when all of the vids in the place suddenly shifted to the same feed. A person that was very familiar to him suddenly came on and started speaking. Instantly he thought that the speaker wasn't who he appeared to be as the face he saw belonged to the C-Class his precinct was holding in custody.

Everyone in 'The Tavern' was dead silent as the broadcast continued. When the list flashed across the screen Patrick's mind immediately started spinning. No normal person could've seen any of the list but he was no longer normal. Many of the names on the list were just a black blur to him but he managed to record 7 names with his electronic eye, one of which he knew all too well.

As the broadcast cut off someone dropped a tray, shattering several glasses and plates. Patrick looked around the place and noted two people specifically were unusually nervous. If he had to guess, Patrick would bet that both of their names had been on that list. Possibly they belonged to one of the six he didn't recognize.

The nervous waitress who dropped the tray quickly excused herself and disappeared. He didn't have a doubt in his mind that she was a C-Class. It was remarkable how human they really seemed.

"What is that girl's name?" he carefully asked Katie.

"Kayla" Katie responded suspiciously.

Kayla Averson, Patrick thought to himself. She had been one of the names he had glimpsed when the list flashed on the screen. No wonder she had dropped the tray and left. She must have been scared out of her mind by a threat like that. What normal being wouldn't be?

"I'm going to have to talk to her. When is her next shift?" Patrick continued calmly.

"She's still supposed to be on now. I'd better go see what's....." she began.

"No. She probably just doesn't feel well," Patrick stopped her.

Quickly he got up and tossed some money down on the table. He hadn't finished his beer yet but there wasn't going to be enough time. He could already picture the chaos that was about to break out. Every cop would be needed in the streets before long.

"Oh, Detective. The guy from the broadcast......he was the guy Mr. Danozza had lunch with a couple weeks ago," Katie added quickly before Patrick could leave.

Another piece to a still fuzzy puzzle. Something else was at work here. Something much deeper than everything seemed. Danozza must have known something about everything that was about to happen and he had been silenced because of it.

"Thanks Katie," Patrick took a step and paused. "And by the way, if I were going to hit on you, it'd probably be a lot less subtle."

He gave a sly grin and a wink with his electronic eye before he continued walking towards the door. He exited and looked down the street to see which way Kayla had gone. Being a C-Class she may be able to remember the meeting between Danozza and the fake Brent perfectly. Even if she wasn't aware of it she may have the whole thing picture perfect in her memory.

He caught sight of her as she was preparing to round a corner. He started after her but a buzzing in his coat pocket stopped him. A new APB in his sector had just been issued. He would have to talk to this Kayla later.

He made his way across the street and back to his car. As he powered up the vehicle he jacked in to scan for the APB. Apparently an officer had spotted the fake Brent leaving the airport and began a pursuit. It was called in by officer Wynder. Seeing as that was the one name he recognized from the names he saw, it all seemed too convenient. He would have to have a word with Gavin but first they had to apprehend the fake Brent while they had him in sight.

"Detective O'Conner taking command of the pursuit of suspect 0. Set up road blocks at grids 5, 7 and 8. Have all but one of the black and white's drop back and reroute through grid 6. Officer Wynder and myself will assume direct pursuit. We need to lead this guy away from civilian traffic," he barked over the police channel.

In a flash he was off and enroute to join the pursuit. It was only a few blocks away and moving in his direction. He'd be able to turn in right behind Gavin if he timed it right. Fortunately he had the exact positioning of Gavin and the remaining black and white while he was still jacked in. It was turning out to be one hell of a day.

Bulbasaur4
1st February 2005, 09:05 PM
Kayla
~ C-Class / F ~

Kayla stared in disbelief at the man who had left her a tip. What was his name again? That's right. Mark. Kayla remembered it well.
" Mark... don't worry. I ... I won't tell anyone." Kayla said with a forced cheerful smile, and secretly she tried to cheer him up that way. Of course, she had that twisting feeling in her stomach when she was hiding some thing... but she couldn't bring herself to tell him.
To tell him that she had the same problem- the same feelings.
" Hey..." Kayla said, using her high sense of compassion that she offered to anyone in need. With that she placed a hand upon his shoulder, and beneath her delicate hand she could feel him shaking.
" ... do you want to come to my apartment? I know this sounds... well, awkward and probably bad... but... oh, what I mean is that how about you come up to my apartment and I'll make you some tea. I'm sure with everything that's going on... you'd rather have some one to talk to than be alone."
Mark seemed to hesitate, as if this offer could be suspicious. Kayla took her hand off his shoulder, blushing suddenly at her forewardness. She wasn't like that... at least, she wasn't usually so outgoing. But she needed comfort too, she wanted to hear his fears so that she could perhaps realize that she wasn't alone. She just prayed...
" Is this like... a comfort session or a date?" Mark suddenly said, and it caught Kayla offguard. Her face instantly seemed to flush red, but she quickly shook her head.
"Umm... it's... it's... a little of both maybe. I really would just like to make you some tea- you look like you need it."
She said, pointing her finger to a large building complex near them, towards one of the top floors.
"My apartment isn't far... but I understand if you need to go or some thing.." she trailed off.

Samchu
2nd February 2005, 04:03 PM
Mark
~~~~

I looked up at where Kayla was pointing, then back at her. I needed to talk to someone - that was true, and I suppose I could use a hot drink to calm my nerves. Who knows, maybe talking to Kayla would help me see things better, though I doubt that's at all possible.
"No I'd like very much to have some tea with you. We can...talk."
Kayla smiled and nodded before leading the way to her apartment. I followed, not sure what to think about.

Kayla's appartment was a small place but it was very cosy. It had this warm feeling about it that was really inviting. Nothing like mine which seemed really dull and lifeless compared to here.
I sat myself down on the sofa and relaxed. Kayla brought in some tea and I took a sip before sighing. I really wanted to get this off my chest.

"I can't believe it's all going to end. I thought if I kept a low profile and kept about my business then no one would suspect anything. But in five dayst hat won't matter because that jerk is gonna release my name to the public. It'll all be over after that. I'll have nowhere to go because everyone will know what I am. Eventually I'll be hunted down and torn apart by the very creatures that created me and for no good reason. I'm scared, I don't like the idea that the end is in sight. I'm happy with my life, I'm not doing anyone any harm so why am I being targetted? I have everything a human does, I have feelings, dreams, memories. They're all mine, I didn't steal them or install them, I created them just as a human does but they still want me dead. I'm as much of a human as I can possibly be but that doesn't matter anymore. Five days from now, they're going to come. They're gonna hunt down me and everyone like me and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Those humans make me sick!"

Leon-IH
12th February 2005, 06:47 AM
Sorry folks, this isn't going to be very long. Maybe some activity would help this along.

Yuri Vostock

He goes one way upon exciting and I the other, knowning my luck they'll mistake me for a C Class and try to imprison me again... at all costs..

As I begin my walk I notice two people, one a waitress from the Haven and another a man who was drinking there. As they dissapear I begin to follow them, they must be C Classes and if I can find thier locations it should be safe enough out there for me, but is a piece of such well designed machinery worth losing for safety.

I find a small bench near the apartment block I saw them go into and sit down to debate the matter and hopefully come to a conclusion.

classy_cat18
12th February 2005, 10:20 AM
Shonta Jones

I paced restlessly around my apartment. I didn't care if I wasn't a C-Class. I didn't want this to turn into a slaughter. There must've been one or two people from work that I suspected to be a C-Class.

I needed some air. I walked down the stairs and out of the apartment building. I noticed that there was a man sitting down on a bench. He looked upset. I sat down next to him. "So, I guess you saw the broadcast, huh? Dude's crazy! What if those other crazies accidentally kill someone that isn't a C-Class?" I asked.

Ultimate Charizard
15th February 2005, 02:30 PM
Gavin Wynder
-------------

It had been a while since id been in a chase, not since some wise guy decided to try to turn his butler robot into his personal driver. The difference is this guy knows what hes doing. The Van in front swerved in an attempted right turn that almost forced another car from the road.
"He's heading for the ExpressWay....eastbound" i called into the com system as Detective O'Connor's car pulled up alongside.

The Detective issued his own orders over the comm-net and we both accelerated after the target. As the Van left the on-ramp and hit the Expressway the rear doors opened and gunfire began to pepper the front armour of the Police Cruisers. "Taking Gunfire control...." i spoke calmly into the comm. It was unlikely their standard ammo could do much damage unless they had armour piercing capability. "...Requesting permission to retaliate"

The second the confirmation came in i flicked the switch and the targetting screen on the dash began tracking the men firing. "Non Lethal" i spoke again and a computerised voice repeated my words, confirming the selection. Once the computer had locked i fired and the small gattling rifles that had raised from the hood began to spit a hail of non lethal projectiles. The impact knocking the gunners unconcious in the back of the van.
In the meantime the Detective had taken a similar course but was using live ammunition to take out the tyres of the vehicle.
"Emp" i spoke again pulling up alongside and once again the computer confirmed my choice. The guns tracked their target and Firing again, small blue darts pierced the side panel into the engine bay and the following sparks signalled their activation, sending EMP Pulses into the vans onboard computer.

The combination of the loss of power and traction on the road began to cripple the vehicle and it began to slow. Suddenly deliberatly braking and a figure jumped from the rear as we tried to react. Bringing the Cruiser to a Halt i jumped out and aimed my pistol, taking cover behind my car. The Detective did the same.
"No need to do that officers" he shouted, making no attempt to Run. I could see now that it was Brent, or at least 'A Brent'. "Allow me to assist you" with that he aimed his own weapon at his head and fired. His head seemed to collapse and his limp body fell to the floor.
"What the hell!" i said as the other units came into view down the expressway.
"He either really didnt want to be caught..." Began the Detective "...Or him getting away wasnt that important."

Samchu
26th February 2005, 08:44 AM
OOC: In an attempt to save a potentially great rpg from going under...

Mark
~~~~

Kayla and I sat in silence for a while. I was thinking hard about the situation I was in but I had no idea what she was thinking about. Maybe she was pondering over all the things I had said or maybe her own problems. Maybe she was just wondering when this stupid C-Class was going to get out of her appartment and was just to nice to say it to my face. I took another sip of my tea.

"This tea is...er...it's lovely."
"Thankyou."

The silence came again. It was so awkward. I didn't know what to say to her. She knew what I was and now I didn't know what to say - it wasn't like we even had a relationship so I had nothing to build a conversation upon. I mean I was a customer in the place where she worked but that was it and now I was here in her apartment complaining about the coming of the end. Why was I even here really? I shouldn't be troubling her with my problems.

"I...I shold be getting home," I said standing.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. I've troubled you enough."

I went to the door but when I opened it I was surprised to find a policeman standing there. I quickly fell on my guard. "Who are you?" I asked cautiously.
"Detective Patrick O'Conner. I'm here to speak to Miss Kayla Averson. Are you an aquaintance of hers?"
"Just a visitor. Name's Mark." I stated.
"Mark Andrews?" he inquired.
"Yeah, how'd you know that?"
"In that case it's essential that I speak with the both you. Best we do this in private," he added stepping in.

Outlaw JT
15th March 2005, 09:06 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Patrick looked over the remains of the fake Brent's cranium. A mess of circuits and wire and rapidly deteriorating neuvo-skin were laid out before him. He carefully nudged pieces aside to get a better look at the processor and memory chips left behind. They weren't in the best of shape. The fake Brent's shot had been very precise.

"Have them tag everything," he said over his shoulder to a uniform as he holstered his weapon. "Doubt we'll be able to use anything constructively, Gavin. It knew what it was doing with that shot. Any data we recover will either be corrupted or something that impostor wanted us to see."

"It?" Gavin asked, hiding a hint of apprehension.

"Yes, It! That phony wasn't acting on free will. It was a shell programmed to accomplish a task and chosen because it was recognizable to authorities and anyone who follows the news. That makes it an It. You, on the other hand, have been known to show an excess of free will otherwise you never would've made my unit," Patrick answered quietly and concise.

"Sir, what are you....." Gavin began, brimming with apprehension.

"Can it Detective. This isn't the place for that conversation. Suffice to say my implant can slow images down for more than seeing a speeder's face. We'll have that talk in my office back at the station after you've interrogated Brent," Patrick spoke quickly and without anger, though his voice did carry a hint of aggrivation. "You head back to the station now for that. I have another lead I want to follow up before heading back myself."

-------------------- about 20 minutes later --------------------

While Mark shut the door behind them Patrick eyed the apartment over carefully. It seemed like a completely normal apartment to him. There were no signs whatsoever that it was the home of an android. There wasn't even a lot of tech in the place outside a couple of normal everyday items.

"How many other C-Class are you both in contact with?" he asked as he turned to face both of them, himself standing between them and the apartments only exit.

Mark fell back onto the couch seemingly in shock and Kayla's face went pale as a sheet. That question wasn't the reason he had come here but to find two C-Class together in the same apartment was too much coincidence for him. He relaxed his stance a bit and sharpened his gaze awaiting them to emerge from shock.

"Detective.....I..I have no idea what yo......" Mark stammered but quickly stopped when Patrick raised his hand.

"Don't bother Mr Andrews. My left eye only saw a flash of paper in the broadcast but my electric eye caught a good glimpse of that list," Mark looked more and more anxious and Kayla's hands began to tremble a bit. "Relax. I'm not here to arrest either of you. I suggest, however, that you co-operate so as to not give me a reason to."

"We aren't.....I mean no....." Kayla began, starting to recover a little.

"We didn't even know......" Mark looked sideways at Kayla. "We didn't even know about each other until just now. I don't think we're in contact with any other C-Class Detective."

Patrick looked skeptically at Mark. It still seemed way too convenient that they didn't know any other C-Class having found them together but Mark's voice seemed honest enough. He wasn't convinced but it was enough for him to let the matter go for the moment so he could pursue why he did come here. He started walking towards Kayla as he slid a patch of hair from his right temple revealing a data jack.

"Alright. The reason I'm here Ms Averson is that you were at work a couple weeks when a conversion took place between murder victim and the phony who made that broadcast. You may not have it in your active memory but somewhere buried in there you have the whole conversion saved in a file. I need you to let me retrieve that file," Patrick stood before her, cable in hand ready to connect directly to her memory.

Samchu
16th March 2005, 01:18 AM
Mark
~~~~

I can't believe this...Kayla's a...a C-Class. All this time and I never knew, never suspected anything and just now, when I was telling her, when I confessed to being one she never said a word. But I know now...only question is what to do now I knew. I wouldn't turn her in and I probably wouldn't abandon her...not much I can do really, given the situation.

I saw the Detective moving towards Kayla, he wanted to plug something in her head. It just seemed wrong. I fully understood that we weren't humans, that we were machines, but this just seemed wrong. We had feelings, we were - practically - human and we had opinions and views about everything and everyone and right now the feeling i was getting from this situation, was that it just wasn't right.

I darted quickly between Kayla and the Detective. "Maybe she doesn't want you to plug that thing into her? How about asking Kayla first? She's a great person and she has feelings, even if she is a C-Class. You know what she is and nobody knew before, can't you see that's worrying her? How about backing off a bit and giving her some time?"

"Mr. Andrews, I suggest you control yourself. I am simply trying to find the man who is behind all of this and Ms. Averson might just hold the key to tracking him down. Now please step aside or I will arrest you for interfering with a criminal investigation."

I stared him down, "I know my rights, even if I'm not a human I still got some and besides, isn't it humans who said all life's precious? Well her life's precious to me so I doubt it'll be too much effort for you to back of for a few minutes and let the poor girl calm down."