PDA

View Full Version : As Cold As Pryce

Dark Delcatty
1st March 2003, 01:02 PM
What were your thoughts on today's new episode?

I thought it was okay. It had its good parts.

Ash was a complete moron sending Phanpy against Dewgong. For crying out loud, the thing only hatched not too long ago and doesn't have much battle experience. Plus there's the obvious type disadvantage.

I thought it quite interesting to see Pryce when he was younger. The episode explained Pryce's comments in Rage of Innocence that aired last week, so that confusion is over.

White Gryphon
1st March 2003, 02:12 PM
That ep was neato mosquito... I can tell that Ash was going for an Ice weakness to Rock when he told his Phanpy to use Rollout, but still, that critter wouldn't still be there once the evolved and much faster Dewgong was through with it... finally got to see a Piloswine... Now that I know how large a Piloswine is in the anime, I might try raising one and draw a few pictures of it with a trainer.

soggy_cardboard
1st March 2003, 05:27 PM
there should be a: "havent seen it" option

and u can check the sizes when compared to a trainer in the new r/s dex!

some are suprising.:o

Nikku-San
1st March 2003, 05:41 PM
I really liked it. And when has Ash ever come up against an ice trainer with a ground Pokemon (or experienced such a battle) to know any better?

It started off the usual, but the part with Piloswine and Pryce's past was cool. It actually made sense, unlike some character's stories. He nearly got killed saving it and then it (seemingly) just walked out, leaving him for dead. Wouldn't you be pissed?

Though one problem comes to mind. Two actually. First, Pryce had no signs of burns on him. Nothing at all... Maybe they just didn't animate it because it would terrify all the little kids and many older kids, lol. Second, Pikachu blasted Team Rocket off in the end.

The best things about this episode were that we got to see Phanpy, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Noctowl and Piloswine.

And for some reason, there were two parts where I just shouted "KAWAII!" over Pikachu. First was when they were falling and he scuttled up Ash's leg. That was so cute. And then I think it was right after he blasted TR off, he was on Ash's shoulder in a very cute pose. ^^

One last thing. Pikachu wa kawaii desu!

Rei_Zero
1st March 2003, 06:03 PM
Ash has faced delibird before....
However, all the other people said was that phanpy was not too cool with ice type attacks.

Hanada Tattsu
1st March 2003, 07:00 PM
I'll give it 4 stars, It was okay.

The two things that made me distressed was that of Ash's logic. Don't worry, I'm not bashing him, I'm just mad.

Ash should know better than even Misty that ice attacks are super-effective against rock and ground types like his Phanpy. He used a baby Phanpy that had hardly any experience against a fully-evolved Dewgong that looked like it was very strong.

I mean, are the writers dumb?

Also, does Pikachu always have to blast Team Rocket off? I mean really, do we need to see it again!?

Anyway, for the most part, it was good. I like the Jouto gym battles to a point, but for what I've seen of

*Spoiler Alert*

Houen, the first gym battle against Yarukimono in Touya City (Ash lost, FYI) were very well animated and choreographed. Well, we'll have to wait more, I guess.

rebellee1187
1st March 2003, 09:38 PM
i really liked this episode. pryce was a character it was easy to sink our teeth into, and his past was really interesting. It definately explains his attitude in "Rage of Innocence"
Ash using Phanpy was dumb, but then again, he has done stupider... just not of late.
Piloswine was almost cute, and watching it battle was very intertaining.
Finally, i liked that country girl's voice...

9.5/10

Light_Togetic
1st March 2003, 09:50 PM
I really liked it. I mean, how many Johto gym leaders have we actually heard some decent backstory on? And it was another great way of showing the bond that Pokemon and humans can have. Yeah, that Phanpy thing was kinda dumb; I think that maybe Ash wanted to give it some experience... but against a gym leader's pokemon?! Wake up Ash... Anyway, I think Ash is at his best when he defends the relationships he has with his pokemon. It definitely brings out the best side in him.

Rei_Zero
1st March 2003, 10:11 PM
Hey, how is Ash going to boost his pokemon's experience if he doesn't try to let them battle?? Besides, Ash has never owned a ground type so as of yet, he doesn't know too much about them.

Dark Delcatty
1st March 2003, 10:37 PM
That third option is supposed to be "average episode"

Rei_Zero
2nd March 2003, 01:50 AM
It may have helped if Phanpy had harden or was a rock type too....
And ya, Rollout is the Phanpy Family Specialty. In fact, the sole purpose of Donphan's existance seemed to be rollout. Its trunk looks like a tire!!

Don't Run With Scizors
2nd March 2003, 01:55 AM
I can see Ash's logic (or sometimes lack thereof ^_^) in having Phanpy use Rollout:

- Type weakness.

- Seems to be one of the Phanpy family's best attacks (and it's an awesome one, at that).

- It's been shown several times in the animé that spinning Pokémon seem to be able to deflect the brunt of many projectile attacks\beams. Maybe he thought that the rolling Phanpy would be able to deflect most of the ice attacks?

Hanada Tattsu
2nd March 2003, 08:11 AM
Yeah, he thought he could give it experience and at the same time he thought he could win with it by using Rollout.

Rollout works against other attacks, it's just not that good against Ice moves. I can't imagine Dewgong's Ice Beam deflecting off of Phanpy, Donphan maybe, not Phanpy.

Oh yeah, using Cyndaquil again was a smart choice. He likes using it during gym battles, he used it in Olivine, and he's using it again.

Light_Togetic
2nd March 2003, 09:29 AM
It's good that Ash does use Cyndaquil in gym battles, since he seems to not bring it out very much in between them. He used to bring out Cyndaquil a lot more in the past.

PAK Man
2nd March 2003, 01:42 PM
I really liked this episode. It explained a lot about Pryce's past, and it was interesting to learn what happened to his Piloswine. I mean, it must have been frozen for at least 20 years! I also liked how Ash used Noctowl and Totodile to help them land safely. I can't wait until next week's episode!

T M Pikachu
3rd March 2003, 04:29 PM
I liked that episode. Ash was acting a little dumb but oh well. The background story of Pryce was really good. For once an actually responisble storyline. It's better then most storylines about trainers and gym leaders. Didn't you all think that Totodile part was kind of funny? What about that country accent of that really engertic woman? That was funny too. Piloswine was really awsome too. It was an over all pretty decent episode.