PDA

View Full Version : Anime Source? [Poll]

Dark-San
27th January 2005, 08:34 AM
Nothing good to post these days~ So I came up with a topic in which I could know where you guys usually get your sources of animes from~ Me? I could my animes usually freshly off from the Internet and some older animes like Inuyasha from VCDs borrowed from my friends. What about you guys?

Riachu64
27th January 2005, 01:07 PM
Generally the internet and Adult Swim on cartoon network. Bittorrent's being retarded for me though, so I haven't been able to download any anime lately... I have to get all the Bleach episodes from my friend.

Lady Vulpix
27th January 2005, 01:56 PM
Cartoon Network, mainly. I've seen a few episodes at a con, and a few others on my ex-boyfriend's CDs, one InuYasha movie on video, and some stuff on other channels like Fox Kids/Jetix, Magic and Locomotion, but right now Cartoon Network has the best variety.

Dark Scizor
27th January 2005, 07:23 PM
I have to get bootleg DVD's from American websites or some seller in Hong Kong on eBay. I would download it, but a 56k doesn't exactlyl allow for speedy downloads :D.

Roarkiller
28th January 2005, 07:41 AM
Mostly internet, tho i do buy some titles, mainly ghibli. So far, the ones i did buy r Arjuna, SEL and FMP.

That, or i squeeze the anime out of dkyouth. Speaking of which, i need to squeeze Sister Princess and the rest of FullMetal series from him. U listening here?

Last Exile
28th January 2005, 06:57 PM
My anime comes from people who download. I buy my manga from manga stores. Australia has no animation channel and those that exist play crap only.

fat man with a monkey
28th January 2005, 07:52 PM
I don't really download. I tend to buy or stick to [adult swim], because I prefer dubs over subs.

EVme15
28th January 2005, 09:05 PM
Cartoon Network (Adult Swim) the most. WB if I'm bored. Fox has Shaman King, which I am watching and trying to discern the original stuff from the edits. G4TechTV if I'm bored and sans-AS. Anime Network OnDemand, Anime Selects OnDemand, Adult Swim OnDemand. And then my DVDs I buy at Best Buy, and my manga at the local Waldenbooks.

AntiAsh Superstar
28th January 2005, 11:50 PM
A weird combination of the Internet and Forbidden Planet... if I like an anime loads I'd much prefer to own it in tangible form unless the powers that be say 'no European release for you!!!' in which case I slowly kill whoever decided we weren't ready for Slayers, Slayers Next and Slayers Try.... Basically I'll watch stuff from d/ls and then if I like it enough I'll actually go out and buy it if it's at all possible.

Pichu
29th January 2005, 12:06 AM
animesuku.com

i d/l naruto from it. I got episodes 1-60, 75-80, 100-119 ^_^

Revenanten
8th February 2005, 06:02 AM
hello. new to the site, and this thread seemed to be what i was loking for! im searching for episode ten of saikano/saishu heiki kanojo/my girlfriend, the ultimate weapon. i know that exile knows what im talking about... got ep 1-9+11-13, but ive only watched 1-9. does anyone of you know were to download it, or give it to me? puh-leeaase? :)

Dark Scizor
8th February 2005, 08:37 AM
hello. new to the site, and this thread seemed to be what i was loking for! im searching for episode ten of saikano/saishu heiki kanojo/my girlfriend, the ultimate weapon. i know that exile knows what im talking about... got ep 1-9+11-13, but ive only watched 1-9. does anyone of you know were to download it, or give it to me? puh-leeaase? :)
Hi and welcome to TPM :).

Anyway, check this thread here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3477) and you might be able to find a website that still distributes it, I don't know if it will be available since I *Think* it has been liscensed so you might have to download off somebody who still has it.

Last Exile
8th February 2005, 06:40 PM
Saikano has been fully licensed since 2002 and is fully available on DVD in the US and Australia.

However, that is not to say there aren't torrents for it...;)

Roarkiller
8th February 2005, 09:10 PM
I thought we're not supposed to ask about where to download?

Meh, there's quite a few sites u can rummage through to get old series. I know, cuz im watching old series half the time. PM if u need a few links.

Dark Scizor
8th February 2005, 09:47 PM
He's new, anyway the thread I linked you too only distributes unlicensed anime and well, ummm it's kinda old and some of the sites may be dead now.

Thursday, i'm at my friends with a DSL connection for the night, gonna be downloading as much as possible in 24 hours :D.

Last Exile
8th February 2005, 09:48 PM
I already gave him some. ;)

Internet law pretty much says you can mention torrents but you can't say WHERE or GIVE THEIR ADDRESS on the site itself.

Neither of us did that so we're clean.