PDA

View Full Version : EX Deoxys review

Roarkiller
7th February 2005, 11:46 PM
The only cards i know of as of this moments r those WPM has on his site, so im only reviewing them. So far, i noticed quite a few good cards, some strange, some incridibly broken and some totally bizarre.

So uh, good mix?

Ludicolo (holo)
With a little strategy, this card has one helluva good attack in the form of Circular Steps. Similar to Sneasel except its only 10X, but for all pkmn in play except ludiolo. Effectively, a max of 110. But the power is what makes this card really shine. With the ability to draw an extra card every turn, PLUS no mention of any ban of multiple usage, 4 ludicolos effectively gives u 5 cards per turn. And luckily, the ludicolos on the bench won't reduce the damage from Circular Steps. Could turn out to be the new Swellow. Actually, u could use both and really zoom through ur deck, tho id say be careful and pack 4 PORs so u won't deck urself.

Shedinja
This one is... bizarre. I dunno if its good or not, its juz... bizarre. Ur opp can't get a prize card for killing this, so thats good. But at 50HP and only 20 damage (or 40 against EX), it aint much.

Magcargo
Juz a mention, good combo with Ludicolo. Or walrein if u want.

Shiftry
LPS instantly comes into mind. Extra 10HP, extra 20 damage. Nice. And Fan Action can easily bring out the weak basics behind. Hopefully, they're the only ones on the bench so u can go on a nice killing spree.

Whiscash
Special mention for its, uh, strange 1st attack. Maybe in 2-on-2, but in normal play? U know, i had to read the attack 5 times to understand it.

Weezing
Like electrode, this is a suicide attacker, except the opp doesnt really die. Best combo is with a pkmn that can do instant poison like DK crobat, plonk a LPS down and u got urself an instant KO. Of course, weezing would be dead after that anyway, so yeah.

Razquaza EX
Now, i haven't stared at blastoise EX that much, but if i remember correctly, it allows me to plonk down any amount of water on any pkmn i want. That means i can easily attack up to 9 water on rayquaza and do a massive 140 damage straight. Or i could do the quagsire combo and juz shift everything to rayquaza, then fire away. Now this card here is a little too broken for normal gameplay. I mean seriously, virtually unlimited damage, 40 straight juz from its attack cost of only 2 energies, 100HP strong basic, double resistance, tons of comboes with other pkmn that can charge him up (blastoise EX, dk dragonite/electrode combo, gardevoir, blaziken etc)... i don't understand why TPC created this card in the first place. Its too dangerous, and we'll see lots of ppl abusing this card.

Water Pokemon Master
8th February 2005, 12:13 AM
Ludicolo/Magcargo is where it's all at. Choose which card you want in your deck with Magcargo, then have Ludicolo draw it. I am seriously considering playing this deck.

I also like Attack Deoxys. It is super powerful, and I may try out my own Deoxys deck soon.

Overall though, I have to admit that this set isn't all that great. IMO, there it will not make any major impact on the format.

P0RYG0N
8th February 2005, 12:33 AM
Isn't Pidgeot just better than Ludicolo/Magcargo in the end though? Or am I missing something...

Water Pokemon Master
8th February 2005, 01:44 AM
Pidgeot only lets you do it once per turn. Ludicolo/Magcargo let you do it more than that.

P0RYG0N
9th February 2005, 12:52 AM
Are you sure? It dosen't look like that to me...

Water Pokemon Master
9th February 2005, 03:42 AM

Ludicolo
Magcargo Ludicolo Magcargo Dunsparce Something else

Roarkiller
9th February 2005, 03:51 AM

Ludicolo
Magcargo Ludicolo Magcargo Dunsparce Something else

Stop. Ur making it worse.

Basically, swellow can draw any card from ur deck, but only once per turn EVEN if u have multiple swellows, and it doesn't have that good of an attack. Ludicolo, on the other hand, has great attacks. Plus, its power is accumulative, so u can draw as many cards as u have ludicolos in play.

Or to make it simpler, u can draw more cards with ludicolo than u can with swellow.

Water Pokemon Master
9th February 2005, 03:59 AM
LOL, you mean Pidgeot, Roarkiller.

And I think that will still confuse him.

Pidgeot's Power says "Once per turn" and "You cannot use more than one Quick Search power per turn." Ludicolo and Magcargo DO NOT have the "You cannot use more than one _______ per turn." So, although you can only use their powers once on the specific card, you can still use them for the amount you have in play.

P0RYG0N
9th February 2005, 03:33 PM
Yeah, thanks for the help. I actually figured it out just before I went to sleep last night. Heh. The fact that they say "once during your turn" really throws me off, but I get it now.

Vex47
10th February 2005, 10:11 PM
I think Nosepass deserves an honorable mention. He sits on the bench and is an ever returning Pokemon Reversal, plus you could grab him with Dunsparce.

Alec Trevelyan
11th February 2005, 08:59 AM
rayquaza* is good also... metagross is really fine, using together with HL metagross seems strong... ninjask is a good stuff against TM's deck. i'm not really sure, but i was expecting more from this set... maybe i'll spend my bucks on EX GS ;/

Roarkiller
13th February 2005, 05:31 AM
I think Nosepass deserves an honorable mention. He sits on the bench and is an ever returning Pokemon Reversal, plus you could grab him with Dunsparce.

I thought u need him as the active?

Ninjask is a good quick attacker. Not many pkmn can do 80 w/ one energy, and not many pkmn has a built-in defender.

Sedinja tho, is... bizarre. I used it in my prerelease deck tho. I got 2 total, another from the 4 boosters as prizes, but its still... weird.

joehardyreturns
13th February 2005, 08:53 AM
Talk about weird..
I had 2 carbon copys of 3 different reverse holos( 3 from original 6 packs while 3 other from final 4 packs.)

Vex 47
13th February 2005, 01:31 PM
Holy crap, you're right! You do need him as active! (Ditches card immediately!)