PDA

View Full Version : Another new interesting episode title!

Adamant
8th February 2005, 08:51 AM
Episode 118: The Rival Enters! Masamune and Dumbel!!

(Dumbel is.. yes, Beldum in english.)

Chris 2.1
8th February 2005, 11:57 AM
I think Masamune is a type of sword, is it not? Or even a warrior or sorts. I'm thinking a samurai-esque character tries to evolve his Beldum before the league.

Still, sounds good I guess.

Zak
8th February 2005, 02:33 PM
!!!!!!!!

IIRC, Masamune was the name of the Scizor that Muramasa had in "Wired For Battle" (in both English and Jap). I think it was Shingo's father... the guy they saw at the beginning. Then again, Masamune is a common term. But I'd very much like it if this guy came back...

~Zak

Misty
8th February 2005, 04:22 PM
Muramasa was Shingo's teacher.

Random info: Masamune is the name of Sephiroth's sword, as well as Frog's(Chrono Trigger).

Zak
8th February 2005, 04:41 PM
Also Auron's in FFX.

Edward Elric
8th February 2005, 05:51 PM
Actual information regarding the origins of Masamune: http://www.answers.com/masamune&r=67

We might see the old man with the Hassamu from Johto again. o.O Just a thought.

Animelee
8th February 2005, 10:07 PM
Wow! Man, maybe these episodes before November will be filled with old characters coming back, like that samurai, or Imite/Duplica, or Yuuki/Suzie, or Kiyo/Nicolai, etc.!

Hassamu/Scizor is a Steel/Bug-type, and so is Dumbel/Beldum, so it could be Masamune and his Trainer, Muramasa, returning!

*Happy dance*!

P0RYG0N
9th February 2005, 01:28 AM
Too obscure of a character to even consider bringing back, if you ask me.

And I'd rather not see Samurai come back. As cool as that sounds, he'll be different, for sure. Let's not forget what they did to Gary at the end of Johto. :\

Water Pokemon Master
9th February 2005, 03:54 AM
Is his American voice actor even alive anymore?

It would be cool if they had a ton of old characters coming back. How many times have you heard "Be sure to come back and visit us!" - "We will!"

Misty
9th February 2005, 09:06 AM
Hassamu/Scizor is a Steel/Bug-type, and so is Dumbel/Beldum, so it could be Masamune and his Trainer, Muramasa, returning!
Beldum is Steel/Psychic.

Edward Elric
9th February 2005, 02:55 PM
Is his American voice actor even alive anymore?
If you're refering to Muramasa, I'd have to say yes considering 4Kids uses the same VAs repeatedly and doesn't really have old people in their staff. They simply have a young person try to imitate being old. :|

Animelee
9th February 2005, 04:43 PM
Beldum is Steel/Psychic.

I posted that at 4 AM, but you guys know I meant the Steel-type part. :P

The Muffin Man
9th February 2005, 05:39 PM
I posted that at 4 AM, but you guys know I meant the Steel-type part. :P

I didn't. You misled me. I hate you for the rest of my life.

Also, when did Metagross show up? Did he battle?

EDIT - Also, the masamune is usually a katana, but in Chrono Trigger it was a broadsword.

Also, Masamune and Muramasa were the names of the smiths who forged the weapon. I believe Masamune made his weapon to kill and Muramasa made his to protect. Even still, the Masamune is usually the superior weapon(as it was made to defeat enemies rather than defend innocents).

P0RYG0N
9th February 2005, 06:10 PM
Metagross was in the 7th movie. It didn't really do much at all, sat there most of the time.

Andyhaunt
10th February 2005, 04:56 PM
Also, when did Metagross show up? Did he battle?

Well, it used reflect and psychic

JazzJazz
11th February 2005, 02:02 PM
As Zak predicted in his unseen pokemon thread, beldum gets its debut in what appears to be a filler.

Hanada Tattsu
11th February 2005, 09:01 PM
I hope we see some characters from Johto. I doubt it though.

Beldum's been seen before, so I hope this isn't a random filler episode.