PDA

View Full Version : Floppy...

Silver Ledian
8th February 2005, 10:57 AM
In school today I took my floppy disk out of the drive before it completely finished saving so it basically duffed up and now it asks me if I want to format it. I have all my stuff saved on my computer anyway, so I don't mind if it's wiped off the floppy but I was just wondering, is there any way that I would have been able to get all the stuff from the floppy back...like is there a special way of fixing the floppy so that it works again or is it just crap now?

kainashi
8th February 2005, 11:09 AM
i dont think there's a way to "fix" floppies. just check and see if that one still works. if not, get another. ;)

Chris
8th February 2005, 12:37 PM
If you pulled it out while the drive was writing to the floppy's File Allocation Table, it's done for. Just get a new one, you can pick them up for like, £1.80/50 disks...

Silver Ledian
8th February 2005, 05:41 PM
Oh yeah, I know I can just get new ones for really cheap, was just wondering if there was any way of recovering the stuff I lost on that floppy. Thanks for your help :)

kainashi
8th February 2005, 05:45 PM
they're dead for good after you do that. that's why floppy disk technology is dying, albeit slowly. :(