PDA

View Full Version : Help with a PS2

Chris Watarimono
9th February 2005, 04:25 PM
Whenever I play my games on my PS2, all the games (overall, doesn't matter which game it is) all seem to have unusually high contrast, meaning all the artwork and graphics on the screen are exceptionally pale. I thought something might be wrong with the television, so I tried messing around with the contrast on my TV. It only went down only so much, and even then, the picture was still exceptionally pale. I decided then to switch televisions. This wasn't the case either; the picture was still pale no matter what television was used. So, now I'm stuck with a PS2, trying to play Disgaea with an blistering bright picture, so much that it makes my eyes wander and hurt. X_X

So, does anyone have any suggestions on what should be done? =\ This is the old PS2 BTW, the original large ones (not the thin ones), as well as a Radio Shack RF Modulator connected to it, since I use a Cable Box. Hope that helps.

-Chris R.

The Muffin Man
9th February 2005, 05:06 PM
Check the back of the RF Modulator. There's a switch for Ohms I think it was. Flip it into the other position(forget the 2 positions but hell it's not that difficult" that might help.

Chris Watarimono
9th February 2005, 05:12 PM
It's fixed now. Thanks TMM! ^_^

-Chris R.

The Muffin Man
9th February 2005, 05:29 PM
It's fixed now. Thanks TMM! ^_^

-Chris R.

No prob. I had this problem a few times too, and despite all my messing with it, that was the only thing that helped. Seems to be a common problem. Ya think they'd make it a bit more known that's what the thing does <.<;