PDA

View Full Version : KidsWB confirms new Pokemon season!

Pokejello
1st March 2003, 02:08 PM
KidsWB has confirmed the new season of Pokemon in a press release, right from Toonzone:
The new Saturday line-up also will be highlighted by the recently-announced new seasons of returning favorites Yu-Gi-Oh!, with fifty-two new dueling adventures, fifty-two original episodes of the next evolution of the top-rated Pokémon franchise, along with sophomore breakout series What's New Scooby-Doo?, Ozzy & Drix and ˇMucha Lucha!
So the new season begins with 264 Try Your Best Larvitar, and the last episode will be far in Advanced Generation.

Source: http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?threadid=68446

Nikku-San
1st March 2003, 05:29 PM
Yuck. I hope they air things slightly out of order, even if it screws things up. The Entei episode would be a much better season finale than Casey And Elekid.

Try to imagine the commercial.

Ash is about to meet up with a face from the past. And this time, she's packing a punch! A thunder punch, that is! Don't miss Pokemon: A Shocking Reunion, this Saturday at 10/9C&P!

Except by then, Pokemon's ratings will be so bad it might be on at 8:00 while Yugioh takes the 10 AM - 12 PM slots. Or maybe Yugioh will stay at 8 too, so we can catch Pokemon at 3:00 on Wednesdays!:rolleyes:

Hanada Tattsu
1st March 2003, 07:07 PM
Thanks, Pokejello!

Cool, so Kids WB is going to air Pokemon Advance! Finally, we are saved!

*Spoiler Alert*

Yeah, Casey and Elekid is not a great season finalee. Besides, if they change the order it won't matter, since they are both somewhat fillers.

Anyway, in the Entei one, Brock's Pineco evolves into Forretress, but Pineco is not used in the Casey ep, so airing it before won't make a difference.

*End Spoiler Alert*

Nikku-San
2nd March 2003, 06:59 PM
Yay! But there is another episode betweeb those two. The Slowking one...

Hanada Tattsu
2nd March 2003, 07:21 PM
Yeah, the Slowking one.

They should do this. Air the Casey and Elekid one first, followed by the Slowking filler, and then end the season with the Entei one.

I don't think it's that huge of a change. James' Victreebell leaves in the Casey and Elekid episode, but it does not appear in the Slowking or Entei ones, so it won't matter.

Pokemon Neo
2nd March 2003, 07:49 PM
I just hope 4Kids keeps the title "Advance Generation".I don't see ANY reason why they'd call it something else.They should hire more VA's too.

Nikku-San
2nd March 2003, 08:12 PM
Just hope it's not called Hoen Journies. And hope they don't use the new title until they reach Hoen.

Too Cool Scyther
3rd March 2003, 12:12 AM
Just so you know, even though Casey and Elekid is listed as season finale.. they don't really show it until the start of the new season like around august.

They always do that every season, ending a few episodes early than what the contract say. Like stop showing new episodes in June when they have 3-5 more to go. Then show the rest in August and start new season in September.