PDA

View Full Version : Somebody's going to be happy... (8th movie info)

Misty
12th February 2005, 11:42 AM
The 8th movie does indeed involve Regirock, Regice, and Registeel.

Furthermore, it has a new Pokemon which looks pretty damn cool.

Source - Serebii.net(which means you all probably know this already)

P0RYG0N
12th February 2005, 11:57 AM
I actually didn't know this yet. :D
I'm no fan of the Regi/Golem things, but I guess if it will make others happy... :lol:
New Pokemon, it's been about a year since Munchlax, hasn't it? I predict something... Dark-type.

Edit: Oh noes, Mewtwo evolves now.:rolleyes:

Water Pokemon Master
12th February 2005, 11:57 AM
WHAT??!?!?! WHAT!?!?!?!?!

*RUNS OVER TO SPP*

EDIT: OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Yay! Now maybe I will be right in saying that Mew somehow created the Regis or helped the humans to lock them away!!!!

And the new Pokemon looks like a combination of a Medicham and Mewtwo.

Water Pokemon Master
12th February 2005, 12:48 PM
Known Pokemans to be in the movie: Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Mew
Known props to be in the movie: a castle, a tree, a wave
Rumours: Ancient People, Swords, Rukario

My Predicitions:
1. Mew created the Regis.
2. Mew helped humans to lock the Regis away a long time ago.
3. The Regis have been unlocked again.
4. Mew must help to lock them away again.
5. Rukario is the wave-guiding hero.
6. A tree of life or something is in the movie that has to do with creation or something.
7. Mew or humans live in some sort of castle that will be destroyed by a wave.
6. The movie takes place a long time ago where people are ancient and have sword fights? :lol:

Okay, so what are your predictions? We can look back at this thread to see who was right when the movie comes out. :)

Adamant
12th February 2005, 05:10 PM
Maybe it will tell the story of how man created the Regi pokemon, and how they were unable to control them, and so, Mew appear to help man seal the Regi pokemon away before the Earth is destroyed. Or something.

P0RYG0N
12th February 2005, 05:26 PM
Why did Ash have to be in this movie? Why?

I still say crazy time-travel thing where Ash gets sent back in time with random Pokemon of his and May's.

Water Pokemon Master
12th February 2005, 05:26 PM
That sounds like a pretty good theory. I think we can all agree on that someone created them.

Misty
12th February 2005, 06:04 PM
Why did Ash have to be in this movie? Why?
You didn't honestly think there was a chance in hell that he WOULDN'T be in the movie, did you?

Water Pokemon Master
12th February 2005, 06:07 PM
They weren't showing him originally. I seriously thought he would not be in this movie too.

Misty
12th February 2005, 06:15 PM
If you guys haven't noticed, specials aside, Pokemon is basically Ash's life story - to have a movie without him would be truly bizarre.

Zak
12th February 2005, 06:28 PM
Hmm... well, come to think, do we know that May, Max, and Brock are all in this movie? I mean, seriously, given Hoenn being almost over, by July they're bound to be elsewhere. Not the D/P league of course, I mean some extra meantime season like Orange or whatever. So... who knows, maybe they're bound to have some change in the character lineup by now. When P2K was first announced, they were still in Indigo and we had no idea of Tracey/Kenji's existance now, did we?

But seeing as Munchlax is here too... I would guess at least May's still there. But we don't know what exactly the character lineup is, I don't think...

~Zak

P0RYG0N
12th February 2005, 08:19 PM
Going a few months without showing a single picture of Ash whenever they'd talk about this movie seemed suspicious to me.
And the fact that Ash is standing there alone with some of May's Pokemon makes me think. The others will likely be in the movie, but maybe the movie goes off to show Ash by himself for a majority of the movie. That'd be interesting.

Animelee
12th February 2005, 10:14 PM
Seems its name is Lucario when romanized, since its name backwords is pretty much the English word "oracle".

Anyways, I think he's going to be a legendary Pokémon. It looks like it can somehow take traits from two Pokémon and change its form to become those two, or something.

You can view a big scan on www.filb.de

Bring on Diamond and Pearl! *Pumped like one of those frat guys*

P0RYG0N
12th February 2005, 10:18 PM
It looks like it can somehow take traits from two Pokémon and change its form to become those two, or something.

Most probable and awesome idea I've heard all day. :yes:

Misty
12th February 2005, 10:24 PM
Okay, after seeing the scan, it becomes apparent that that is NOT the true form of the Pokemon - it's a form that it took on by combining Mew and Blaziken.

Animelee
12th February 2005, 10:33 PM
Okay, so now we're sure this guy can take traits from two Pokémon and transform itself into some kind of hybrid of the two. What I'm wondering is if it could do this with all 500(?) Pokémon, with any two, or if they have to be fully evolved and share some kind of similarity, or something. Because, seriously, there's not really any similarity between Basharmo/Blaziken and Mew...

Imagine what a pain it'll be if GAME FREAK has to make sprite after sprite of Lucario's different potential forms! And imagine how lame it'll be if they're just two halves of two different sprites put together, heh.

Can't wait 'til Tuesday!

Water Pokemon Master
12th February 2005, 10:38 PM
Wow, that is an awesome theory, Animelee. I have not seen that posted ANYWHERE all day. It probably is true, too.

Misty
12th February 2005, 10:39 PM
Indeed, I don't think Game Freak is going to make 499*500 = 249500 different sprites.

Misty
12th February 2005, 10:40 PM
Wow, that is an awesome theory, Animelee. I have not seen that posted ANYWHERE all day. It probably is true, too.
Probably because Serebii removed that important little part of the scan.

Water Pokemon Master
12th February 2005, 10:45 PM
I didn't rely on Serebii for this info. I talked to some Japanese peoples and Porygon about all of this. Guess it was a huge oversite, although I did tell Porygon that "I am not about to throw out my 'it is a new Pokemon that fused from Mewtwo and Blaziken' theory."

But that is such an awesome idea. I still can't get over it. :lol: I am going to post that on my site since it is probably true.

Animelee
12th February 2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks for saying it's a good theory, my homies. :keke:

P0RYG0N
12th February 2005, 10:49 PM
I thought about the sprite situation too, I think the answer is they simply won't make sprites for it, maybe you'll just have to use your "imagination" like in many situations in the Pokemon games...
*IDEA* Or, maybe it has different transformations based on egg groups/type of the Pokemon? (Which would reduce the number of sprites GameFreak would have to make by a few hundred, at least.)

Water Pokemon Master
12th February 2005, 10:52 PM
Who knows how they will do it.

Zak
12th February 2005, 11:07 PM
If its true, it'll probably be half and half. Also, remember the Ditto sprites?

Which reminds me, this would be a perfect opportunity to introduce MEW's Transform.

~Zak

Water Pokemon Master
12th February 2005, 11:13 PM
I just thought of something. As Animelee said, the Pokemon's name is "oracle" spelled backwards. Well, what do you think that thing is that Mew has its tail wrapped around on the official Japanese 2005 website?

EDIT:
Mew transforms, this Pokemon transforms. Weird.

Animelee
13th February 2005, 09:56 AM
It was Meowth346 who mentionned "oracle", so I can't take credit for that. ^^

If you look at the scan, you can see that there's some weird black thing on the top of the mountain behind the Regi. Either Satoshi has to protect that, or destroy it, I think... Could that thing be an "oracle"?

Serebii of SPP
13th February 2005, 11:09 AM
Okay, after seeing the scan, it becomes apparent that that is NOT the true form of the Pokemon - it's a form that it took on by combining Mew and Blaziken.
That is utter BS, Did you translate the page? No, it said nothing like that on there ¬¬

In reference to Blaziken:

The keyword is warrior (hero) and humanoid. will this new pokemon be adept in physical combats? Will it know fighting moves?
Blaziken is the first pokemon that comes to mind while seeing the silhouette. Will they possess similar powers?

In Reference to Mew:

From the title, we know the Mew and Rukario are closely connected. Is Mew watching over this hero (Rukario) ?
With the ability to understand Rukario, it's still unknown what story Mew holds. Great expectations!

That is done by a person who does a heck of a lot of translating and is very rarely wrong. We got a few other people to do it and they got about the same. Nothing saying its the form of when it merged Blaziken and Mew ¬¬

Misty
13th February 2005, 11:14 AM
Hey it's the banned guy

Serebii of SPP
13th February 2005, 11:18 AM
Hey it's the banned guy
I'm not banned, If I was banned I wouldn't have been able to post...now stop skipping my post and try to prove your accusation

Misty
13th February 2005, 11:22 AM
It should be pointed out that Corocoro has no idea what it is either and anything they say is just as good as anything we say.

I don't believe in coincidences, and the full scan makes it obvious that something is up with this new Pokemon, Mew, and Blaziken - and while I guess it's theoretically possible that this thing is a fusion of Mew and Blaziken, that seems so utterly nonsensical and farfetched that it's not even worth discussing. The other two possibilities are that either a) this thing's appearance is merely a coincedence or b) it's purposely like that for a temporary amount of time.

Do you believe in coincedences?

Serebii of SPP
13th February 2005, 11:27 AM
It should be pointed out that Corocoro has no idea what it is either and anything they say is just as good as anything we say.

I don't believe in coincidences, and the full scan makes it obvious that something is up with this new Pokemon, Mew, and Blaziken - and while I guess it's theoretically possible that this thing is a fusion of Mew and Blaziken, that seems so utterly nonsensical and farfetched that it's not even worth discussing. The other two possibilities are that either a) this thing's appearance is merely a coincedence or b) it's purposely like that for a temporary amount of time.

Do you believe in coincedences?
Yes, so you just proved your statement kaput. It was not said in Coro Coro unlike what you said and should not be treated as fact like you are letting people believe

Misty
13th February 2005, 11:29 AM
Coro Coro didn't say anything but a bunch of speculation.

And yes, it's not a fact - nothing is until Tuesday.

Serebii of SPP
13th February 2005, 11:32 AM
Coro Coro didn't say anything but a bunch of speculation.

And yes, it's not a fact - nothing is until Tuesday.
You mean when the issue of Coro Coro that this scan is from is released to the general public? Ok I'll wait pointlessly til then then

Misty
13th February 2005, 11:34 AM
Admittedly I'm just going off some story that Tuesday will have some new info - I can't back that up. If that happens to not be the case, well, whatever. Facts come when they come.

Serebii of SPP
13th February 2005, 11:36 AM
Tuesday is when the issue with this scan in comes out. We wont have any further info until Mid-March

Misty
13th February 2005, 11:37 AM
Hm, I see.

Animelee
15th February 2005, 06:20 PM
Yeah, sorry guys. My Japanese is so bad, I thought I read they were releasing Lucario's true form and information on Tuesday, when it was the magazine they were releasing on Tuesday. Don't know when we'll get more information, but it should be before July.

Zhen Lin
16th February 2005, 02:54 AM
CoroCoro is a monthly publication and the scan said more details next issue, i.e. mid-March.

Dogasu
19th February 2005, 04:02 PM
Here's a theory I came up with today:

What if the mysterious pokemon (http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/message_boards/lucario_question_mark.jpg) in the third AG opening, Pokemon Symphonic Medley, is actually Lucario and NOT Mewtwo, as previously thought?

I know people already decided that it was a Mewtwo, but hear me out. People are already going around assuming that this new pokemon is Mewthree or something because it looks so much like Mewtwo. And guess what? The pokemon in the latest opening also looks so much like Mewtwo.

Plus, that would explain why the pokemon's body is hidden underneath a cloak--the anime producers didn't want to debut the pokemon through the opening all those months ago. Sure, we've seen Mewtwo wear a similar cloak, but that's only been in the movie trailers, which in my opinion doesn't count.

In addition, all the pokemon in the third Advanced Generation movie are already in the opening. We've got the three (http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/message_boards/regi1.jpg) Regis (http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/message_boards/regi2.jpg) and Mew (http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/message_boards/myuu.jpg), so all that's missing is Lucario.

I know it's not much to go on, but it would be interesting if my theory turned out to be true. If it is, then that means that we were actually introduced to Lucario back in December.

Adamant
19th February 2005, 05:17 PM

What if the mysterious pokemon (http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/message_boards/lucario_question_mark.jpg) in the third AG opening, Pokemon Symphonic Medley, is actually Lucario and NOT Mewtwo, as previously thought?

Actually, you might be right about that. I mean, is it REALLY a coincidence that "Mewtwo" is so far away from the screen, standing in the shadows, and wearing a cape that hides the body parts that are not similiar on the two pokemon, in the opening that first airs a few months before Lucario is "revealed"? Mewtwo has been in three openings before, and he has always been out in the open in those.

Water Pokemon Master
19th February 2005, 06:07 PM
I don't know about that. It has the same face structure as Mewtwo, and it appears to be in the same city that Mewtwo has been seen in. Lucario has some sort of huge head tail thingy, and that is not even on the Pokemon in the cloak. Also, the point of that intro was to show all of the legendary Pokemon. If that is not Mewtwo, then that is the only legendary not in the trailer.

Zak
28th February 2005, 10:53 PM
Alright... found by Murg on a Japanese message board.

http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/mewmoviepic.jpg

O_O.

No comment.

Water Pokemon Master
28th February 2005, 11:04 PM
Ummm...uhhhh....

They go back into the past to help Mew do something!

EDIT: They help Mew seal away the Regis! They have to go back in time to stop the Regis from being unlocked in the future!

EDIT #2: Since they have been doing legends a lot lately, maybe the tree thing is Celebi's and they ask Celebi to take them back in time!

EDIT #3: The orb thingy!!! The one Mew has wrapped in it's tail on the site!!! That must be Lukario inside of the stick thingy Ash is holding, kind of like Deoxys being the crystal body!

EDIT #4: The stick thingy is crying! There are tears coming from it! Maybe all the water is going to go bye-bye like in Lati@s and Lukario is crying!

EDIT #5: Look under the ball thingy on Pika's hat! Are those new Pokemon?!

EDIT #6: Oh boo yah Micheal!!! I told you that rock formation behind the Regis was something!!! Look at the mountain behind Mew! There are those two rocks sticking out again like in the Regi pic!

EDIT #7: What's that symbol on Ash's hat? An orb inside of something?

EDIT #8: Oh, remember Lucario -> Oracle? There's an oracle in Ash's stick thingy!

P0RYG0N
1st March 2005, 01:09 AM
Holy...am I the only one reminded of that Abenobashi anime?

And the orb isn't crying, it's called decoration... :rolleyes:

But this all looks very interesting, I'm liking this movie already.

The Muffin Man
1st March 2005, 01:18 AM
How is there an oracle in the STAFF(Not stick-thingy) Ash is holding?

Kojiro
1st March 2005, 02:32 PM
Well, sources did say something about this movie "involving magic in medievil times" or something like that. And that thing behind Pikachu does look like eyes. And once again that tree appears.

Cool symbol on Ash's Musketeer hat, maybe that symbol will appear on Rukario.

Dogasu
3rd March 2005, 09:41 AM
A new trailer came out in Japan today.

Looks like Lucario can speak human language.

A Lizardon (Charizard) is seen attacking Myuu.

And Myuu transforms! Into...Hou'ou?!?

The tree plays a huge part in the movie--apparently that's where Myuu's secrets can be learned. The castle (Oldoran Castle) seems to play a big role as well.

People who buy a ticket in Japan get a little figurine.

The Muffin Man
3rd March 2005, 09:43 AM
Do we have an actual image of Lucario yet, Dog?

Misty
3rd March 2005, 10:07 AM
http://www.pikachusden.net/animepics/Lucairo04.jpg

The Muffin Man
3rd March 2005, 12:31 PM
Anything better than that? Either way...wow that's pretty stupid looking.

Chris 2.1
3rd March 2005, 04:05 PM
It's sorta like Manectric standing up....

Andyhaunt
3rd March 2005, 04:46 PM
A new trailer came out in Japan today.

Looks like Lucario can speak human language.

A Lizardon (Charizard) is seen attacking Myuu.

And Myuu transforms! Into...Hou'ou?!?

The tree plays a huge part in the movie--apparently that's where Myuu's secrets can be learned. The castle (Oldoran Castle) seems to play a big role as well.

People who buy a ticket in Japan get a little figurine.

Whatˇˇˇˇˇ???? Where??

Misty
4th March 2005, 06:01 AM
http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd314/rukariopage.jpg

Housyasei-san
4th March 2005, 10:10 PM
Anything better than that? Either way...wow that's pretty stupid looking.
Attachment powers go!

Rukario looks like a biped Mighyena/Manectric.

Edit: Changed to a bigger picture.
(Thanks PokeElite!)

[attachment deleted by admin]

GupLoaf
5th March 2005, 01:24 AM

I know people already decided that it was a Mewtwo, but hear me out. People are already going around assuming that this new pokemon is Mewthree or something because it looks so much like Mewtwo. And guess what? The pokemon in the latest opening also looks so much like Mewtwo.

Plus, that would explain why the pokemon's body is hidden underneath a cloak--the anime producers didn't want to debut the pokemon through the opening all those months ago. Sure, we've seen Mewtwo wear a similar cloak, but that's only been in the movie trailers, which in my opinion doesn't count.

In addition, all the pokemon in the third Advanced Generation movie are already in the opening. We've got the three (http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/message_boards/regi1.jpg) Regis (http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/message_boards/regi2.jpg) and Mew (http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/message_boards/myuu.jpg), so all that's missing is Lucario.

I know it's not much to go on, but it would be interesting if my theory turned out to be true. If it is, then that means that we were actually introduced to Lucario back in December.

I thought the figure looked like Gligar Man from Johto. I still can't figure out why they put him in the latest inro, but I'm convinced it's him. Anyone agree?

Crystal Mew
5th March 2005, 02:01 AM
I'm impressed. it looks like midievil times.... thats awesome x 10

*wonders what wpm thinks about this...p.s remember you said you don't like "old" looking movies. or whatever*

besides the point, imo, the blue fox looks more like a pokemon. if that made any sense. I just think that those robot looking pokemon are...um, well dumb? don't shoot me :wave: I get a movie 2 vibe from this movie :dance:

Water Pokemon Master
5th March 2005, 02:29 AM
Yeah, I hate old movies. The intro seems pretty boring, too.

But, after the intro, the rest of the movie looks fine, so I am not complaining. :)

And also, I think the Regis will be involved after Mew Poke-naps Pikachu.

Serenity-Artemis
10th March 2005, 08:01 PM
Known Pokemans to be in the movie: Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Mew
Known props to be in the movie: a castle, a tree, a wave
Rumours: Ancient People, Swords, Rukario

My Predicitions:
1. Mew created the Regis.
2. Mew helped humans to lock the Regis away a long time ago.
3. The Regis have been unlocked again.
4. Mew must help to lock them away again.
5. Rukario is the wave-guiding hero.
6. A tree of life or something is in the movie that has to do with creation or something.
7. Mew or humans live in some sort of castle that will be destroyed by a wave.
6. The movie takes place a long time ago where people are ancient and have sword fights? :lol:

Okay, so what are your predictions? We can look back at this thread to see who was right when the movie comes out. :) That cool, but were do Satoshi and the other come in.

Moive Poster
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl/Serebii%20Forums/MewMovie.jpg

Pic of Myuu fly to the caslte
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl/Serebii%20Forums/MewHero.jpg