PDA

View Full Version : Help and an RMT

Sheik
12th February 2005, 11:47 PM
I'm going to use this team for competitive battling, but I'm not sure if it's good enough. Let's see what you think. (this is LG, BTW)

Sandslash@leftovers
Adamant: 129 Att, 252 Def, 129 Sp Def
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace

This is my starter. 252 Defence because of Adamant. Meant to be physical sweeper if you couldn't tell. Swords Dance and sweep.

Mr. Mime@Leftovers (Yay, an underused Poke!)
Timid: 252 Sp, 129 Def, 129 Sp Def
Trick
Calm Mind
Psychic
Thunderbolt

Start with Trick on Special Sweepers. Hopefully will cause a switch. Use the extra turn to Calm Mind, and sweep away.

Jolteon@Leftovers
Timid: 252 Sp, 129 Sp Att, 129 Def
Thunderwave
Thunderbolt
Double Team
Bite

Would have had Attract over DT if it were a female. Anyhoo, T-Wave, then Double Team to raise evasion and annoy. Attack with Bite for a Flinchax, or Thunderbolt. Meh....

Dragonite@Leftovers
Modest: 252 HP, 129 Att, 129 Sp Att
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Substitute
Focus Punch

Pretty much self explanatory. Thunder Wave, SubPunching. Ice Beam just because. Standard.

Ninetales@Leftovers
Calm: 252 Sp Def, 129 HP, 129 Def
Toxic
Fire Spin
Confuse Ray
Flamethrower

In this instance, I personally think its ok to have two fire type attacks. Start with Fire Spin to act as a type of trapping move, then Toxic, so the opponent can't switch. Confuse Ray for added annoyance. Flamethrower for a good attack.

Lapras@Leftovers
Bold: 252 HP, 129 Def, 129 Sp Def
Confuse Ray
Sheer Cold
Surf
Rest

Tank. Confuse Ray, then Sheer Cold, Surf. Rest when needed. Pretty basic.

Now the real kicker is that I have a lot of 2x weaknesses to a lot of common types. Water, Ground, Ice. I just don't know if these Pokemon would make an effective team. Help anyone?

GupLoaf
4th October 2005, 11:28 PM
I like Sandslah, but watch out for Flygon/ Claydol/ Gligar, etc. Aerial Ace will be the only thing that'll do any decent damage. Careful w/ Jolteon as well, even w/ a good flinch rate & evasion up one good Earthquake & Jolteon's done. If you want to keep Bite & Double Team, perhaps consider replacing Thunder Wave w/ HP-Ice or HP-Grass.

I like Fake Out over Trick on Mr. Mime, but that's just my preference. I'd be curious to see this Mime in action. Dragonite & Ninetales look good. Most people put Will-O-Wisp on Ninetales, but I like your use of Toxic & Fire Spin here instead. Helps against those w/ Flash Fire & the toxic-trapping action is nice.

Not sure how I feel about this Lapras. I find Sheer Cold unreliable, especially w/ the Strudy ability out there, but w/ Surf & Confuse Ray this movset looks okay to me. Look out for Water Absorb. I'd like to see this Lapras in action as well.

I like this team, although you have a 3x rock weakness so it could use a poke change. Although, I'm one who tries to win w/ my faves so 3x weaknesses are sometimes worth the risk for the enjoyment of battling w/ the pokes you want.

vegetrunks
24th October 2005, 02:07 PM
Your ninetales has the same m/s as one I used to have, it works pretty well as an annoyer, in fact I think that m/s was suggested on serebii.net when it was pokemon of the week. Good choice!