PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Episodes Ever

PAK Man
1st March 2003, 02:56 PM
What, in your opinion, are the worst episodes of Pokemon that ever existed? Here are my opinions:

Kanto: The March of the Exeggutor Squad
The only real good part of this episode was that Charmander evolved into Charmeleon. That Melvin guy was my least favorite character ever, because he was weird!

Orange Islands: The Wacky Watcher
All this episode was about was someone who studies a Pokemon that has been in more episodes than I can count. It was nice that Tracey got to meet someone that he always wanted to meet, but it still was a bad episode.

The Johto Journeys: Flower Power and Grin to Win
I don't know what it is about Johto Grass Pokemon that I don't like, but these two episodes weren't that great. Flower Power didn't seem to have a very good plot, and Grin to Win had a plot, but it was the weirdest plot I had ever heard of. Who wants to enter a contest where the prize is noodles?

Johto League Champions: The Dunsparce Deception
So a kid missed a Dunsparce swarm while he was on vacation. Who honestly cares? Dunsparce isn't that great of a Pokemon! Plus, I thought that his Caterpie should have evolved at the end.

Master Quest: A Tyrogue Full of Trouble and Xatu the Future
First, the Tyrogue episode: Kiyo mentioned the P1 Grand Prix, and nobody bothers to mention that Ash had a Pokemon that won the Grand Prix! I think that was the real disappointment of this episode. So, I didn't bother paying attention to the rest of it. Secondly, the Xatu episode: Well, practically nothing happened. The only good part was that Delibird made an appearance. I was watching this episode, and when they said that a big flood was coming, I thought "So what?" The only there there was for miles was that huge auditorium-like place.

What are your least favorite episodes in Kanto, Orange, JJ, JLC, and MQ?

Gary Warrior
1st March 2003, 03:18 PM
in my opion the ultimate worst episode Ever was Power Play. Gary had no emotion whatsoever!! He just...existed. it was awful. plus, he had Red hair. RED!!!! that episode scarred me for life, it was that ep that scared me away from everything after the Orange Isles.

Dark Delcatty
1st March 2003, 03:44 PM
Indigo League- Go West Young Meowth
I didn't find Meowth's past too interesting.

Orange Islands- Meowth Rules!
I have nothing against Meowth, but this episode barely had Ash and co. in it and was really weird.

Johto Journies- Flower Power
I agree with PAK Man. This one had no plot.

Johto League Champions- Got Miltank?
I was bored to death from this episode. It had some interesting parts, but didn't have much action.

Master Quest- Takin' It on the Chinchou
I haven't seen many of the Master Quest episodes, but of the ones I've seen, this was the worst.

This was all my opinion.

347Studboy
1st March 2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by PAK Man
Kanto: The March of the Exeggutor Squad
The only real good part of this episode was that Charmander evolved into Charmeleon. That Melvin guy was my least favorite character ever, because he was weird!

Really? I liked that episode... and I thought Melvin was cool. He just had this "I don't really have to care if I don't want to" attitude, which made him such a jerk... but he was still cool.

Let's see... Kanto - Ah yes, "Fire and Ice". We see half of two dumb battles, and nothing else. Ew.

Orange Islands - There were a bunch of episodes I didn't like in the beginning of this saga, but I liked most of the later ones. I didn't care too much for "The Crystal Onix", though.

Johto Journeys - NOO! Charizard leaves... "Charizard's Burning Ambition" wasn't a terrible episode, but I did NOT like Charizard leaving. Although, I guess the motive fits well enough with its personality. Ugh. I can't believe Ash gave up Charizard and Squirtle so long before Bulbusaur. Dumb kid.

I definitely wasn't too thrilled with "The Poké-Spokesman", for Johto League Champions.

Master Quest - Hmm, haven't seen too many of these myself. But the ones I've seen are actually okay. Well, maybe not "Xatu the Future". That was pretty dumb, I'll admit. Except for the part about flag-speak... I thought that was a cool and innovative new way for a Pokémon to communicate.

Nikku-San
1st March 2003, 05:22 PM
Indigo League
Not really sure, most of Kanto was good.

Orange Islands
"The Crystal OniX". So lame... And I didn't like "The Wacky Watcher" either... Magikarp is supposed to be the lamest Pokemon, yet they keep re-using it... And two other people didn't like these, so I guess that says a lot.

Johto Journies
Most of the episodes. "Roll On, Pokemon" "Flower Power" "Spinarak Attack", almost all of them. Blah, so bad...

Johto League Champions
This one started out well enough. But "Type Casting" really sucked. "The Dunsparce Deception" was so stupid... Pointless. "Doin What Comes Natu-Rally"... Ash and them just happen to be in town during a carnival and help some kid perfect his act... Just because of this one, I can see the Xatu ep sucking...

Master Quest
All three Lugia episodes. Such a let-down... The Red Gyarados 2-part owns this... And "Takin' It On The Chinchou" was bad, but not horrible.

soggy_cardboard
1st March 2003, 05:24 PM
um, that episode with the pokemon translator.......w/the magneton/mite.........that sucked. lame. :P

Hitmontop1503
1st March 2003, 07:11 PM
I'm might be the only one saying this, but I don't like it when people poin't out the worst episodes.

I just think it's heartless. I don't think a person should judge the episodes. The creators do the best they can to make episodes for you. The least you could do is give them a little credit.

I know people have different opinions, but come on...

Originally posted by Kittymon
Master Quest
All three Lugia episodes. Such a let-down... The Red Gyarados 2-part owns this...

Uhh... Like I said... Opinion...

Osiris
1st March 2003, 08:02 PM
Indigo League
The Only ones I Find Boring Are:
"The Tower Terror" + "Bye Bye Butterfree" + "Pikachu's Goodbye" + "Pi-Kahuna" + "Go West Young Meowth"

Orange Islands
I Love The Orange Islands Season! It's The Best Of All!

Johto Journies
Most Of Them Where Boring!! Except: "Tricks of The Trade" + "The Totodile Duel" + "Fortune Hunters"

Johto League Champions
The Only Ones I Find useless are:
"A Dairy Tale Ending" + "Fossil Fools" + "A Hot Water Battle" + "Mountain Time" + "The Art Of Pokémon"

Master Quest
I Like All Of Them up today!!! :D

Animelee
1st March 2003, 08:13 PM
Most of Johto's fillers (Donphan, Ledyba, Bellossom, Sunflora, etc...)

Istantler
1st March 2003, 08:32 PM
Hmmm... Worst episodes, *thinking*:

"The Indigo League":

- "Go west, young Meowth": This WAS boring. We got to know some of Meowth´s past life, but anyway, I hate It. :P

"Orange Islands":

- "Shell Shock": Kabuto was cool, but there´s just something I didn´t like from this episode.

"Johto Journeys":

- "For crying out loud": Please, for crying out loud ;) !!!, I was so bored with this episode, I just turned off the TV.

"Johto League Champions":

- "A hot water battle": It was a rainy summer afternoon, and I was in my couch. Five minutes after the episode had begun, I was sleeping. Aipom looked sooooo stupid!!!

"Master Quest":

-"Dues and Dont´s": I know everybody thinks this is such a great episode, but I found it so unintresting, besides, I didn´t like Delibird at all. Maybe I´m weird.

Gengar1
1st March 2003, 09:35 PM
I remember it the episode were Gary and Umbreon were featured, Ash is shown at one part eating a ton of sausage like food, that was the WURST episode ever...hahahahahahahahaha!

But seriously, I think that they ran Problum with Paras back in the old days so much that everything good bout it was sucked out of it.

The_Missing_Link
1st March 2003, 09:54 PM
Indigo League
-The Tower of Terror (I actually hated all 3 episodes in the Saffron City trilogy but this one annoyed me the most)
-The Kangaskhan Kid (the kid and his father were terribly annoying)
-Pikachu's Goodbye (yeah, it was kinda sad but I don't like Pikachu so there it is on the list)
-The Problem With Paras (terrible filler)
-Go West Young Meowth (I liked Meowth's past history but that was it)
-The Ancient Puzzle of Pokémopolis (all I wanted to see back then were the league episodes but I hated this one from the get-go since Jigglypuff was in it)

Orange Islands
-Meowth Rules (no point to this one)
-Shell Shock (always hated watching it over and over)

Johto Journeys
-Illusion Confusion (don't like Hoothoot)
-Snubbul Snobbery (don't like Snubbull either. Just like Jigglypuff)
-Forest Grumps (don't like Ursaring)
-A Better Pill to Swallow (it just didn't amuse me)
-UnBEARable (look above)

As you can see, there are a lot I don't ^_^ Luckily, most of them are from the Indigo saga so I see those episodes barely anymore

Purasuru
1st March 2003, 10:47 PM
There's too much to list. Seriously. In an anime of 276 episodes.....there's just too much bad episodes =/

angelspet
1st March 2003, 11:10 PM
indigo:
meowth goe west(meowth be better off not talking)
lights camera quaction(stupid movie)

orange:
uh actually i liked them all

johto:
the fillers its not the fact there there its that johto is almost nuthin but fillers.i hated how they went like 5 fillers then ash gets ash catches pokemon 5 fillers ash wins badge infinite loop.we the viewers continue watchin reruns of fillers for 60 yrs and then we die

after johto:
the mukrow one

master quest:
the writers still yet to anger me bout this series

Gengar1
2nd March 2003, 12:23 AM
Why do you all hate "Go West Young Meowth" so? It is one of my favorites for it reveals Meowths past, I love episodes that reveal characters pasts.

Light_Togetic
2nd March 2003, 10:13 AM
Indigo: "The Pi-Kahuna" Okay, some 40 year old guy has an old Pikachu (Pooka) and wants to surf a big wave named... Humungadunga? I intensly disliked this eppie, but I did like Pooka's blue eyes. "The Kangaskhan Kid" OMG, who cares about this stupid kid who's a rip-off of Tarzan? So dumb.

Orange: "The Mandarin Island Miss Match" It had Lorelei being called 'Prima', and she was weird and talked about hearing the wind and ocean and stuff and somehow got Misty and Tracey to do the same (I think she put something in the tea;) ), besides, Ash was a real butt-head in that one. "A Way Off Day Off" This had it's funny parts, but the rest was... Ash and co. sitting and enjoying resting... Team Rocket doing the usual... Scyther and Charizard 'looking' at each other... not too exciting.

Johto: "Right On, Rhydon" I was so bored with this episode, I seriously considered turning off the TV... and I don't ever do that with pokemon. Some girl trying to catch this Rhydon. Why are Ash and them helping her?! Can no one in Johto catch a pokemon on their own? "The Dunsparce Deception" Okay, some kid in a Dunsparce race... this should have been like half an episode, while the rest was something that we all cared about...

Of course, Johto had way more bad fillers than that, but I just named the two that came to mind first. Personally, I liked the episodes about Meowth. It was nice to have a few episodes away from Ash and co. Plus, when you see Team Rocket for a whole episode, you actually get to see them without the constant joke-making.

Hanada Tattsu
2nd March 2003, 10:31 AM
Kanto: Bad to the Bone

A pointless early example of a filler. I mean look, a guy gets his badges stolen by Team Rocket, I mean, do we care? Just get to the Indigo Plateau already!

Orange: The Wacky Watcher

A filler about Magikarp, I mean do we need this. The main plot, to witness Magikarp evolving into Gyarados, we've already seen it twice before, why again!?

Johto Journies: The Superhero Secret

Couldn't they think of any other way to introduce Gligar!?

Johto Championships: A Hot Water Battle

Terrible filler. I like Aipom and all, but I hated how they introduced him as a villian (well, somewhat).

Master Quest: None, really. They're pretty good.

Advance: None, really. They're pretty good.

Laz-E-Boy
2nd March 2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Hitmontop1503
I'm might be the only one saying this, but I don't like it when people poin't out the worst episodes.

I just think it's heartless. I don't think a person should judge the episodes. The creators do the best they can to make episodes for you. The least you could do is give them a little credit.

They have done some good episodes, but there were some...a lot actually, where the writers pulled something out of their *** at the last minute and decided to call it an episode. They did most of this during Johto. We have seen what they are capable of in the really good episodes and movies, so when they show us these crap *** fillers of course we're going to say it's bad. I really do understand the use of fillers, but make it useful , not something like:

"Ash and co. meet *random person* and helps *random person* in troubling situation *lost pokemon, sick, etc*
*Insert Team Rocket*
*Insert Team Rocket defeat*
*Insert moral lesson learned*
*Rinse, lather, and repeat for 10 more episodes*

Ah yes, and for my worst episodes, they are:

*Insert any Johto episode*

Istantler
2nd March 2003, 01:10 PM
As you are going to see, I have a lot of free time, so I did some statistics (at the style of "The weakest link"), so we can see which is finally the episode voted: The Worst One

-Indigo League:

In this season the winner of this title is...

Go west, young Meowth

Followed by...

The Tower of Terror, Pikachu´s Goodbye, The Pi-Kahuna, The Kangashkan Kid and The Problem with Paras

-Orange Islands:

We have a tie between...

The Wacky Watcher, Meowth Rules, The Crystal Onix and Shell Shock.

-Johto Journeys:

In this season, the winner is...

Flower Power

Followed by...

Grin to Win and Spinarak Attack

-Johto League Champions:

We have a tie in the first position between...

A Hot Water Battle and The Dunsparce Deception

Followed by...

The Poke-spokesman and Power Play

Note: I didn´t bother to do Master Quest. I took only a top-two ranking of the votes.

Wait for some updates...

Chris 2.1
2nd March 2003, 02:03 PM
i really liked a hot water battle...but i've only seen it once, remember:

Kanto:
The Kangaskhan kid. it's the sort of story that gives Pokemon a bad reputation IMHO, its just pants. I couldnt find anything exciting with it...

Orange Islands:
i hate that Wartortle ep cos its always on for fillers! Grr! It's just tedious now.....although it was once good...

Johto:
The Double Trouble Header
i...hate...this...i've seen it about 4 times in two weeks and its just so boring! I cant help but hate it...it got me in a bad mood with Johto...

Johto Champions:
T.yPe....cAsTiNg....
it sucks! it sucks it sucks it sucks! considering how many people were eliminated from the Johto leage, loadsa ppl must have gone on that awful radio show! No wonder nobody listens to it!

Master Quest:
Hmm....i'm not sure...

Pokemon Neo
2nd March 2003, 06:39 PM
Man,this just goes to show you that people do have different tastes.Some of the episodes listed here are some of my favorites.Some I thought weren't that bad,and the rest I can see why people would hate them.

Well,here's my list.

Kanto - "Holiday Hi-Jynx" - I actually don't hate any of the Kanto episodes.I can live without this particular episode though.It's just sort of weird seeing Santa in an episode of Pokemon.It's funny,I can imagine the writers/animators looking back on this episode wishing that Stantler would've existed back then.A bunch of Ponyta pulling Santa's sleigh didn't make a whole lot of sense. lol

Orange League - "The Mystery Menace" - Man,this episode was boring as hell and was such a let down.The audience already knew it was some kind of Grass pokemon hiding in the sewers since it was obviously using vine whip to get food.The question was,which Grass pokemon would it be?At first,I thought it might've been a Venusaur since fully evolved starters don't make appearances that often.Hell,I thought it might've a new Pokemon since G/S was on it's way.So what was the "mystery menace"?A larger than average Bulbasaur.-_-; Yeah,we never see enough of Bulbasaur in the Anime.:rolleyes:

Johto Journeys - "Snubbull Snobbery" - First off,I HATE Snubbull.Out of 386 Pokemon,Snubbull is the worst of the worst.The character of the day-Madame MuchMoney-isn't likeable at all and I think people could care less about Snubbull's welfare.(because it's so ugly) So basically,one can less give a crap about anyone in this episode.Except fot that poor Growlithe at the beginning of the episode.:( Stupid Snubbull.:mad:

Johto League Champions - "Trouble with Snubbull" - Same as above.Only now the thing evolves into Granbull."All that Glitters" is also on the list because it has some of the worst animation I've seen in a Pokemon episode.I bet the animators came REALLY close to their deadline on that one.

Master Quest - "Xatu the Future" - Really good season so far,but the writers just dropped the ball on this one.This has to be the vaguest episode I've ever seen.We're supposed to be worried about this huge flood destroying this village/town/city we never get to see.Also,this episode literally goes no where.Ash and Co.,TR,and the girl just keep going in and out of the mountain most of the time throughout the whole episode.It's sad because I think Xatu is a really interesting Pokemon.I wish it hadn't been featured in a weird-@$$ story like this.

houndoom5
3rd March 2003, 07:16 AM
i don't know how anyone can not like "bad to the bone" thats one of my favs.
anyhoo...
kanto:2 epis stand out as the BIGGEST pieces of crap i've ever seen and they are "hypno's nap time" whats bad about it...sleep wave detecter, yep we all have one of those with us all the time:rolleyes: and "clefairy tails" damn this just annoide the bejezes outa me
orange islange:hated them ALL...
jouto:every filler pissed me off, i'm likin' master quest though...

Hanada Tattsu
3rd March 2003, 09:05 AM
Oh, another Johto Champions filler I hate.

Air Time.

Pointless. It didn't do anything but introduce the Radio Tower from the game. This is what started the horrible fillers of Johto Champions.

BenRG
3rd March 2003, 10:44 AM
In my view, the worst episode of Pokémon that I ever saw was 'Right-on Rhydon'. Non-existent characterisation (were the regular characters even really featured in this episode?). It had a hideously contrived 'crisis' for the characters to solve and, apart from the first use I've ever seen of Iron Tail, added nothing to the long-term storyline or to our understanding of any of the characters or any of the Pokémon species.

'RoR' was a script straight out of the 'Filler Ep' cookie-cutter and should never have been aired. If they hadn't aired it, who would have noticed? That is the acid test of an episode's worth. :yes:

Thunderchu
3rd March 2003, 04:46 PM
I think that the episode with the smeargles was the worst episode, it was so stupid!

T M Pikachu
3rd March 2003, 05:06 PM
Let's see. I have a lot of episodes that I dislike.

indigo:
Hmmm.. The Kangskan Kid simply boring. So stupid kid who was lost from his parents. Yeah! Boring.

The one where charmander evolves. That was soo boring. Some stupid magician who wants to go to Verges. Borring.

Oh and the problem with Paras. Yersk, That was one was horrible. What's up with that Paras. God! How boring.

Go West Young Meowth... That one was confusing. I kept thinking that most of the episode was a flashback even the end. Meowth's past wasn't that interesting and the ending was horrible. Team Rocket dances in then dances out. BORRING.

The rest were pretty good.

Orange Island...

Hmm Let's see.
The one where Meowth rules. Boring. Meowth didn't even learn pay day. One peachers to a Meowth and wears Meowth whiskers? Those people were sooo selfish. And there was no Ash and Co.

The Wacky Watcher... boring. Some stupid Magikarp trying to evolve. A stupid not making sense watcher. Boring.

The Way off Day Off... what's the point of that episode? BORING

Johto jounreys...

Most of these was boring I'm serious.

Okay that Snubull episode. I hate Snubull. They are sooo annoying and that overly fat woman.

Illuison Confusion. That Hoothoot was soo mean to Ash and those little old ladies gave me the creeps. it reminds me of that little old lady in Holy Acuplaco or was it Tentacool Tentacruel. I can't remember.

Johto Championships...

The second Snubull episode. Must I say more. i hate Snuballs.

The Gligar episode or was that episode in Johto journeys. I can't remember. That episode was stupid. It was soo obvious Gilgar man owns the toy store.

Oh and that Skiploom episode. I hate Skiploom specially that one. it beat poor Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur could have creamed that thing. Ash was only being nice to it not using solar beam.

Right on Rhydon... that trainer was soo mean. WHy she have to catch Rhydon for?

Durparce Deception... who wants a stupid Durparce. Yeah! Sure like Team Rocket can possibly get soo many Moltreses.

Hot water Battle... stupid!! I never exactlly got what Misty said and Ash said at the beginning. Okay why were Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Chikorita actually fighting? I didn't get that part. And Apiom. Why the writers have to make them bad guys anyways? No plot!! I'm serious. BORRING.

Master Quest...

Xatu the Future.... there was no plot. Running around and worrying about a flood! I never got what it actually flooded. Just a wierd cave with this staduim everywhere. i thought it would have been something cool if they had expand on it a bit.

Dues and Don't.... that was stupid. I didn't exactly get the point of that episode.

I was disappointed at the lugia sage too. I thought it could have been better but they weren't that bad and so was the Red Gyarados episodes. But they were okay. They didn't bother me like the other ones did.

Hanada Tattsu
3rd March 2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by T M Pikachu
Dues and Don't.... that was stupid. I didn't exactly get the point of that episode.

You don't like Dues and Don'ts!?

That's one of my favorite episodes, but then again, some people like "Bad to the Bone" and that ep is one of my least favorites, so I shouldn't talk.

Wow, this was a good topic!

Istantler
3rd March 2003, 08:35 PM
I´m here again with more updates in this fascinating ranking of dislikes. We are here to discover who is... The Worst One!!!

-Indigo League:

Still in the first position in this season we have...

Go west, young Meowth

Followed by an episode that has climbed some positions, it is...

The Kangaskhan Kid

-Orange Islands:

We have a tie between...

The Wacky Watcher and Meowth Rules

Followed by three episode, they are...

The crystal Onix, Shell Shock and A way of day off

-Johto Journeys:

In this season, the winner is still...

Flower Power

Followed by an eppisode that has climbed two positions...

Snubbul Snobbery

-Johto League Champions:

We still have a tie in the first position between...

A Hot Water Battle and The Dunsparce Deception

Followed by an episode that is having a lot of problems...

Right on, Rhydon!

-Master Quest:

The last season has a king, and it is...

Xatu the future

Followed by...

Takin´ it on the Chinchou, The mistery is History, A parent trapped, A promise is a promise and Dues and dont´s.

Wait for more updates...

Light_Togetic
4th March 2003, 01:16 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that so many people disliked the Meowth episodes! I know they didn't have much action in them, but at least they weren't totally devoted to spending the whole episode on just some kid with a pokemon problem. And at least Team Rocket do something more in them than just get "blasted off".

RocketScyther
4th March 2003, 08:57 PM
0_o. Go West Young Meowth is probably in my top 5 favorite episodes ever. The Kangaskhan Kid stunk, and Snubbul Snobbery is horrid. The Lugia saga was just stupid.

- Rocket Scyther -

PAK Man
4th March 2003, 09:07 PM
Here are some other episodes that I disliked:

The Kangaskhan Kid
What bothered me about this episode was that it was the father's fault that Tommy/Tomo got lost and he put all the blame on his wife for losing him. What I'd also like to know is why did it take them five years to go back and see if Tommy/Tomo had survived or not?

Wake Up, Snorlax!
This episode basically had nothing interesting in it. I mean, it rains all the time in that town, yet they insist that they don't need the rain, they need the river! How come nobody from the town ever looked to see what the problem was? Why did Ash, Misty and Brock have to go and look for the Snorlax that nobody captured! (although Ash did capture a Snorlax later on)

The Battle of the Badge:
I was disappointed in this episode because I thought that Ash would battle Giovanni or at least some other member of Team Rocket besides Jessie, James and Meowth. Sure, they had Giovanni's Pokemon, but it wasn't Giovanni battling Ash, and I thought it would have been more interesting to see Ash battle Giovanni and possibly lose.

About the Orange League:
This isn't about a bad episode, I'm just commenting on something. Remember Prima said that to get to Trovita Island they would have to walk across the entire island, and in Git Along Little Pokemon, Ash was complaining that they had to walk so far? Couldn't Ash have just sent out Lapras when they were by the water and used it to swim to Trovita Island? Just wondering.

A Shadow of a Drought:
Okay. This episode bothered me because it slowed Ash down in earning his Hive Badge, and nothing really valuable happened, besides Ash getting all the people mad because he stepped on a Slowpoke tail, and then making them happy for ending a drought.

Tunnel Vision:
This episode was interesting because we got to see Jigglypuff again and Ash and the others helping it, but I didn't like it because for some reason in the anime, they believe that only water Pokemon are strong against rock types, when grass types could also defeat them. Ash could have used Bulbasaur and Chikorita, while Misty used Staryu, Poliwag, and Psyduck, and James could have used Victreebel.

Plant it Now, Diglett Later!
Okay, what really was the point of this episode other than to get the Silver Wing? It was cool to see Dodrio again, but we've already seen Diglett in two episodes. Did we really need to see them again?

Keep them coming!

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
5th March 2003, 01:49 AM
It's been ages that I've been watching Pokémon on TV and my memory of it has faded a lot but I remember that really hated the Kangaskhan Kid episode. The kid and his father were drawn in such a silly way, also the father was acting like a complete dork. I guess it was supposed to be funny but I think it was simply boring and annoying.

Weird Wobbuffet
5th March 2003, 11:21 AM
What was so bad about the Lugia saga,The Orange Islands, and the red Gyarados?
I thought they were awesome.

And why do you bash the way some episodes are animated? It's anime, it's supposed to look badly animated. Plus, it's hardly noticeable after watching it for a long time. Tell you what, if Pokemon starts looking like some old 50's cartoon that used limited animation, or no animation at all, except with human mouths, I'll change my mind.

Personally, I don't hate a lot of episodes. The only thing I hate about the show is Team Rocket, so I guess the only episodes I hate are the ones that center around Team Rocket.

I also hated Friends to the end, mainly because Misty (even though she's my favorite female character on the show) acts like a complete jerk around Ash "Make sure you don't choke like Ash did":mad: She just had to rub it in, did she?

angelspet
6th March 2003, 09:36 PM
actually i see kangashan kid and way off day off wasnt popular but i actually liked them(scrambles to protect himself with the star saber and skyboom)

Subzero Morgan
7th March 2003, 10:10 AM
Everyone's free to have their own opinion, but I just can't understand how anyone could dislike "Go West, Young Meowth". It baffles me. That's got to be one of the best episodes of all time, in my opinion. How did it get picked so often? Even if you dislike the fact that Team Rocket are frequently given little to do in most episodes but recite their motto and get blown up, even if you have some bizarre resentment against them because they always lose or because they try to steal Pokemon for a living, how can so many people nominate that episode? Meowth's sad childhood, amusing film noir pastiche, and a welcome reprisal of the Team Rocket song? Let me guess, you'd trade all of that in for some nameless monsters hitting each other. You people have no souls!

My least favourite episodes would be tough to pick, since I dislike almost everything non-Team Rocket in the show. Without them, Pokemon holds no interest for me.

Therefore, I pick the first episode, "Pokemon I Choose You!" because it doesn't have even one second of redeeming Team Rocketness to alleviate the tedium.

Light_Togetic
7th March 2003, 10:20 AM
Everyone's free to have their own opinion, but I just can't understand how anyone could dislike "Go West, Young Meowth". It baffles me. That's got to be one of the best episodes of all time, in my opinion. How did it get picked so often? Even if you dislike the fact that Team Rocket are frequently given little to do in most episodes but recite their motto and get blown up, even if you have some bizarre resentment against them because they always lose or because they try to steal Pokemon for a living, how can so many people nominate that episode? Meowth's sad childhood, amusing film noir pastiche, and a welcome reprisal of the Team Rocket song?

My thoughts exactly!:D

Pokemon Neo
7th March 2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Subzero Morgan
[COLOR=NAVY]Everyone's free to have their own opinion, but I just can't understand how anyone could dislike "Go West, Young Meowth". It baffles me. That's got to be one of the best episodes of all time, in my opinion. How did it get picked so often? Even if you dislike the fact that Team Rocket are frequently given little to do in most episodes but recite their motto and get blown up, even if you have some bizarre resentment against them because they always lose or because they try to steal Pokemon for a living, how can so many people nominate that episode? Meowth's sad childhood, amusing film noir pastiche, and a welcome reprisal of the Team Rocket song? Let me guess, you'd trade all of that in for some nameless monsters hitting each other. You people have no souls!
[COLOR]

Amen to that! Yeah,how could anyone not like this episode? The animation is good,everyone gets to go to Hollywood :D lol,and we actually get some backstory on one of the characters.

"She sells Seashells by the Sea shore."

"Nya Nya Nya-Nya Nya Nya Nya-Nya." lol

Hanada Tattsu
29th July 2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Disco_Cass
Kanto- "The School of Hard knocks" Giselle is a horrible girl!

Orange- "Stage fright" It was a pointless ep

Johto- "No big woop" Boring also. The gang meets a new pokemon, Brock drools over a girl and is sad to leave her as usual

Johto league champions- "Type Casting" It was a boring ep. The gang needs to look for a pokemon, Brock drools over a girl once again and sad to leave her!

Master quest- "I Politoad you so!" Tammi was a spoiled brat

WTF? This is six months old, and you bumped it up? Don't do this, some topics are dead.

Hanada Tattsu
29th July 2003, 11:45 AM
How droll. Disco_Cass became smart and deleted his post since he broke the rules. Well, the proof is there in my last post, Disco Cass is the one who bumped this topic up.

Disco_Cass
29th July 2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
How droll. Disco_Cass became smart and deleted his post since he broke the rules. Well, the proof is there in my last post, Disco Cass is the one who bumped this topic up.

1) I'm a girl

2) That wasnt even mentioned in the rules

ThePhenom
29th July 2003, 03:50 PM
Bumping a topic for the hell of it should be against the rules, but I don't see THAT big of a problem with it as long as the reply is thoughtful and on topic. It's better than just remaking this same topic. :yes:

My least favorite episode is The Hot Water Battle. Stuff happens, Ash's Pokemon get lost, he saves them, the end.

ILikePokemonP
30th July 2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu

How droll. Disco_Cass became smart and deleted his post since he broke the rules. Well, the proof is there in my last post, Disco Cass is the one who bumped this topic up. Well it's not really proof since you can type anything in there. Anyway two other people have contributed ideas as well :P

Dr_Omicron
31st July 2003, 03:15 AM
Whoa! Check this out! According to TV Tome, the least-liked episodes are the following (well, out of the stuff that got votes at all):

Indigo 1: #33 The Kangaskhan Kid

Indigo 2: #66 Lights, Camera, Quack-tion!

Orange Islands: #104 Charizard Chills

Johto Journeys: #138 Mild 'n' Wooly

Johto League Champions: #201 Turning Over a New Bayleef

Master Quest: #250 I Politoed Ya So! (though there's only one vote, and that was a zero. Pokémon hater, probably)

Silver Conference: #272 Rival Showdown! Charizard vs. Blastoise (same case. One zero vote.)

Advanced Generation: #282 Goodbye to Team Rocket By a Fury Swipe! (this is the one where J&J release Arbok and Weezing.)

Video Game: Yellow

Movie: Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back
---
Indigo 1=#1 Pokémon, I Choose You! to #40 March of the Exeggutor Squad
Indigo 2=#41 The Problem with Paras to #78 Pallet Party Panic
(Episode #79=Pokémon the First Movie)
Orange Islands=#80 Holiday Hi-Jynx to #116 A Rivalry Revival
Johto Journeys: #117 Don't Touch That Dile to #157 The Psychic Sidekick
Johto League Champions: #158 A Goldenrod Opportunity to #210 Machoke, Machoke Man!
(Episode #211=Pikachu's PikaBoo)
Master Quest: #212 The Whirlpool Affair (AKA Around the Whirlpool) to #263 Here's Looking at You, Elekid
Silver Conference: #264 You're a Star, Larvitar! to #276 The Parting with Pikachu
Advanced Generation: #277 A New Land, a New Adventure! and so on

And if you want to know, the order of the movies and specials, from most ot least liked are:

Pokémon Heroes
Pokémon: 4Ever
Pokémon the Movie 2000: The Power of One
Raikou
Mewtwo Returns
Pokémon the Movie 3: Spell of the Unown
Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back

Light_Togetic
31st July 2003, 01:39 PM
What?? How could people hate Charizard Chills?! I loved that episode... :( They must realize that Charizard would have to like and respect Ash someday. He couldn't just keep ignoring and burning Ash forever... Oh well, I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

Buddylee
31st July 2003, 04:07 PM
I would have to agree with Light_Togetic. Charizard Chills is more than just an episode. It's a milestone in the Pokemon Series. For like 100 episodes (don't know the exact number..don't quote me) Charizard and previously Charmeleon were not easy to work with. Then Charizard Chills changed all of this and proved to give Ash an extremely powerful weapon is his Pokemon arsenal!:D

Girafarig
1st August 2003, 03:27 PM
I dont think anyone has mentioned this, but for worst JLC epp, I'd have to nominate "The Apple Corp". That episode had absolutely no plot! Wow, some Pichu are starved, and they steal fruit, until the owner of the orchard takes a shine to them...

EmpressMyuu
4th August 2003, 12:15 AM
For crying out loud, Go West Young Meowth is one of the best out there. In fact, the episodes that mostly center around a background review of one of the Team Rocket characters rock. Sure it feels strange with Ash & co. maybe appearing for only a few seconds, but at least it's not the same story over and over like it's been turning into.

"The Kangaskhan Kid" was pretty boring...As for "The Dunsparce Deception", there was one good part about it...James and the Moltres suit strike back! :P I'm not sure what episode I was bored by the most. I think I fell asleep during "I Politoed You So!". Actually, I forget which episode I had fallen asleep to...

Here's to the hope that Advanced Generation has new plots to offer.

Rocketboy
4th August 2003, 11:05 AM
JLC was the worst >_<. I hated them all except for "Wobba-palooza" and "The Wayward Wobbuffet"

ShockingAlberto
5th August 2003, 08:23 AM
I loved Go West, Young Meowth. Backstory episodes are wonderful. I'm sure if there was an episode explaining Pikachu's life before he was captured by Oak, people would be falling over themselves in joy.

As for worst episodes...I'm really surprised no one has mentioned "In The Pink" (if that's even the title) yet. That was easily the worst Orange League episode ever. For Indigo, I admit to really disliking the Charmander Capture episode. It has a lot to do with Kid's WB just playing it over and over every day for, like, a week, but it was (aside from Charmander joining the team) a boring episode. The worst Johto episode was obviously the Sunflora one. As for Masterquest...was the Seaking competition part of that?

-- ShockingAlberto

Anti-R*cketship
7th August 2003, 06:10 PM
I find it to be very sad that people who can't tell character development from filler have managed to vote Go West... as the worst of Kanto. This episode was brilliant, and I'm absolutely shocked there was only one vote for the utterly pointless and boring "The Pi-Kahunah"

The orange islands, I can't think of any episodes I absolutely hate, but I will point out that the entire season was basically filler. The only diferences at the end were Charizard obeying Ash and Ash's Snorlax.

Johto Journeys: Choose a freaking episode. The first time we saw the Person-with-Pokemon-with-problem storyline (Roll on, Pokemon) it didn't seem so bad. Then we found out that 60% of the episodes of that season would follow the format and only exist to introduce new Pokemon.

Johto League Champions: I'm going with "Two Hits and a Miss" here. It was like the Johto Journey season had returned to bore us again.

Master Quest: I enjoyed this season greatly. However, there is one glaring hole in the season: A Tyrouge Full of Trouble. Aside from 4Kids' stupid dubbing mistakes, it had a JJ "Let's get a new Pokemon in here and have some problem with it!" feel to it.

Iveechan
8th August 2003, 02:28 AM
argh... it's spelled TyROGUE... he ain't rouge

sorry, had to get that off my chest.. now to add something worthwhile...

I didn't like Orange or Johto much either. Yay!

Hanada Tattsu
10th August 2003, 05:14 PM
Late Indigo SUCKED. Everything from the episode where Horsea left to the Indigo League were bad episodes, except some like the Movie Episodes.

347Studboy
10th August 2003, 09:41 PM
Well, I didn't like later Indigo as much as Season 1 (I'm sure everyone agrees there), but I kinda liked the Pokémon League episodes... all but "Fire and Ice", that is. And "Pallet Party Panic" was cool, because the Pidgeot scene was really sweet. Other than that, yeah, it was mostly repetitive, and seemed to pave the way for the rise of the Johto Journeys pattern.

mr_pikachu
12th August 2003, 01:20 PM
In general, I think the writers do the best they can. They are still attempting to cater to the younger audience, who ironically don't seem to have as many people who care as the older generation. They're doing the best they can, though. Still, I was disappointed at all the Johto fillers. I guess it took them a while to plan Hoenn, so they had to stall for Johto. I can understand that, I just wish it would have gone faster. I'm still shocked that we spent three years in Johto alone. It boggles the mind. 8/

Snakes N' Legends
12th August 2003, 10:06 PM
I actually don't hate any of the episodes, well maybe there are a couple.

I really don't even like Meowth Rules. Sure, there was some emotion between Meowth and Jesse/James but this episode was really boring. I mean sure Meowth is awesome but it just didn't cut it.

Adding to my list is The Psychic Sidekick, and I am sorry if there are any fans of this. This episode was a little good at some points but it got boring. The only cool part of it was seeing Future Sight but that's all.

Another one to the list has to be Current Events. Ash gets trapped in a power plant. He has to navigate around trying to get out. He has to avoid Electric pokemon and Jigglypuff. Somehow this episode wasn't that great to me.

Xatu the Future is another bad episode. I mean a episode about a flood is not that great. I mean a flood in one area was boring. If it was a flood that would have covered the whole Johto Region, yes that would have been exciting but these one was duel.

I have to add One Trick Phony to the list also. Sure, Ash gets to battle but it is just another excuse to bring back the evolutions of Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle. And hasn't the whole pokemon won't obey them been done before? It started with The Ultimate Test and then it went on to Control Freak and then it continued on with One Tricky Phony.

And my last "opinionated" addition is Stage Fight. This might just be the Orange Island version of "Air Time" but it wasn't that awesome. I mean humans that can use their voices to make it seem that pokemon can talk.

I do like Air Time. That episode was hillarious. I also like Go West Young Meowth.

But note that all of my choices for the worst episodes are my opinion only.

SWAMPERT1
19th August 2003, 10:07 PM
The crystal onix SUCKED CIRCLES!:P

Mikey
19th August 2003, 10:51 PM
I'd have to say Xatu the Future was one of the stupidest episodes ever. It was boring, poitnless, and a butt to write a guide for.

Kool Dudy
19th August 2003, 11:09 PM
The worst episode that has ever been created...according to me...is the Kanghaskan Kid.

KidsWB just tortured Kanghashan as a pokemon.

Pokemon Kid
20th August 2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Otaku Shigeru
Most of Johto's fillers (Donphan, Ledyba, Bellossom, Sunflora, etc...)

I agree!

LOL :P

I really liked Xatu te Futre. It was intresting! And that Melvin one, I found really nice.

Go West Young Meowth was cool too!

That Natu one has got to be the MOST BORING ONE EVER!!

The three Lugia ones were exciting. OH! And the Red Garados OWNED!!

PAK Man
21st August 2003, 08:45 AM
Here are a few recent episodes that I didn't like:

As Clear as Crystal:
This episode just wasn't interesting. Yeah, Zapdos was in it, but the plot just wasn't that great.

Enlighten Up!
I think any episode based on Slowpoke or Slowbro is bad. Plus, the whole "enlightenment" thing really annoyed me.

Beauty is Skin Deep:
This episode was just to introduce Clair and to have her Dratini evolve into a Dragonair. Nothing else really interesting happened in this episode.

That's all I can think of for now.

God of Fire
21st August 2003, 03:36 PM
I'll be honest, I hated ALOT of the popular episodes on this board, including the Battle Park episode and the Red Gyarados arc, I just found them overhyped I guess. It's funny that half of the most hated eps (Meowth Rules, Xatu the Future) I actually liked the most.

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 04:39 PM
OMG, my new least favorite episode is "A Crowning Achievement". That had to be one of the worst episodes in the whole SERIES.