View Full Version : Open Challenge

Girafarig
1st March 2003, 03:35 PM
I just lost, so i need another battle.

3 on 3
Default DQ
You choose first
I attack first
Arena: Indigo Plateau with a large pool in middle, rocks strewn about.

dragon684
1st March 2003, 03:36 PM
I can ref again if you like

Everoy
1st March 2003, 03:43 PM
I will battle you. Is this a three out at a time battle? Anyway, I send out Blybie, my Oddish. If it is three at a time, I will send out Blybie, my Oddish, Huggluff, my Igglybuff, and Wobble, my Wobbuffet.

Girafarig
3rd March 2003, 04:08 PM
No, it means that we will both use three pokes, but not at the same time.

Everoy
3rd March 2003, 04:45 PM
Okay. Go, Blybie!

Blybie: Finally! A battle! I SHALL WIIIIIIIIIN!

Be quiet, Blybie. Or I won't evolve you.

Blybie: *face freezes*

Girafarig
4th March 2003, 05:29 PM
Go, Justin, my Natu! Justin, first blast Blybie with a Psychic, then a Drill Peck, finally another Psychic. If Blybie uses a Toxic, use Faint Attack instead of one of the three attack stated earlier

Psychic(Faint Attack if Toxic), Drill Peck(FA if Tox), Psychic(FA if Tox)

Everoy
4th March 2003, 05:35 PM
Blybie! Good thing you can't learn Toxic! First, give this Natu some beauty rest and use Sleep Powder! Then Double Acid!

Sleep Powder~Acid~Acid

dragon684
5th March 2003, 09:21 AM
PREBATTLE
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Tonight we have a great battle in prospect.
* wacko my M cubone approaches and whispers. * It’s daytime.
Me: It is? Then why is it so dark in here?
Wacko presses a button: the arena was still covered
* falls down anime style *
Let’s continue. We have a good match approaching.
Me: Hey, it’s Girafarig. Yoohoo Girafarig. It’s me I reffed a match where you got DQ’ed. Remember
* Girafarig mumbles something *
Me: I’ll shut up now. Ow and Parsec I won’t pull him ahead because I reffed for him before.
Seeing my wacko somehow got out of it’s pokeball he’ll assist me in the reffing.
Wacko: Aaaw do I have to?
Me: If you do I’ll give you a cookie
Wacko: Njamie a cookie.
Me: works every time

The two trainers approach the arena and Girafarig steps into a green trainer box and Parsec’s Politoed into a red one. They send out their pokemon and Parsec goes for Blybie his oddish and Girafarig goes for Justin his natu.

Girafarig
Justin (Natu, gender unknown):100%
Fatigue: What fatigue?
Commands: Go, Justin, my Natu! Justin, first blast Blybie with a Psychic, then a Drill Peck, finally another Psychic. If Blybie uses a Toxic, use Faint Attack instead of one of the three attack stated earlier

Psychic(Faint Attack if Toxic), Drill Peck(FA if Tox), Psychic(FA if Tox)

parsec’s politoed
Blybie (oddish, what is this fight of the genderless?): 100%
Fatigue: what fatigue?
Commands: Blybie! Good thing you can't learn Toxic! First, give this Natu some beauty rest and use Sleep Powder! Then Double Acid!

Sleep Powder~Acid~Acid

ROUND 1
As the two pokemon Justin and Blybie where selected they immediately looked into each others eyes. Justin hops towards Blybie while it’s eyes are starting to get blue. Blybie on the other hand closes his eyes and focuses. A blue aura starts to appear around Blybie. What’s going on? Suddenly Blybie lifts up. He’s floating. What kind of attack is this? Suddenly Blybie gets slammed down. Justins eyes turn back to normal and Blybie was actually hit by the psychic attack. When Blybie got slammed on the ground little blue sparkling cloud. Blybie runs towards his opponent and waves it’s leaves. He jumps over Justin , who gets covered in the blue sparkling stuff. Justin inhales it and it’s eyes start to get heavy, heavy and the drop. A big bubble is coming from its nose indicating it’s in a deep sleep.
Wacko: rock a by baby on the tree top
Me: You sing horribly 0.0;
Wacko: Who asked you * continues singing *
* the crowd runs away *
Me: Look at what you did. No cookie for you and for punishment you keep on reffing this round.
Wacko: All right and look at that Blybie gets up and knocks out Justin with a leaf on his head.
Me: Tell the trout
Wacko: that’s no fun
Me: Do it or I won’t give you the cookie you are getting.
Wacko: Cookie? ^^ And while Justin is sleeping Blybie is forming some kind of fluid between her leaves. She starts twirling around and launches it towards Justin. The acid hits him right in the head. I feel sorry for Justin it hit him right in the head. Wait a minute he’s a head with wings and claws. No wonder it hit him in the head. The pain the acid brought with it woke up the poor Justin. Although he can’t attack anymore his trainer is glad he woke up.

Me: I’ll take over here.
Wacko: No this is fun. I want to keep reffing.
Me: Alright till the end of this round and I ref further
Wacko: Okay

Wacko: The psychic birds eyes get bleu again. A blue aura surround Blybie and he gets pulled on its leaves. Justin slams him down again. Blybie now pissed at Justin again gathers the same liquid. He starts twirling around again and swings the acid right in Justins eyes. He runs around flapping his wings before it’s eyes.

end of round1 stats:
Blybie (oddish, gender?):60% (damage caps)
Fatigue: slightly breating

Justin (Natu, gender?): 90%
Fatigue : breathing heavely
Status: can’t see well because of the acid in the eyes(burning eyes)

Blybie received so much damage because it’s a grass/poison type and both types are weak agains psychic.

edit: the reffing itself

Girafarig
6th March 2003, 04:50 PM
All Rigth, let's go a little mean here. First, try and use your Psychic to squeeze Blybie's heart and lungs, giving it a slight asthma/heart attack. Then, do a Drill Peck, then, eh another Psychic and hurl rocks at Blybie

Everoy
6th March 2003, 05:16 PM
(Blybie is female)

Blybie! Use a sleep powder and then return to your Pokeball! Then I will send out Wobble, my Wobbufet!
Sleep Powder~Return to Pokeball~*sends out Wobbufet

Everoy
6th March 2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by dragon684
Blybie received so much damage because it’s a grass/poison type and both types are weak agains psychic.

Um, neither types are weak against Psychic.

Don't Run With Scizors
6th March 2003, 08:00 PM
You're both half right. Grass takes normal damage from Psychic-type attacks, and Poison is weak to it as well. But the whole argument is nullified by the fact that Psychic does not actually deal Psychic-type damage - it causes damage by squeezing and constricting. No real Psychic-type damage is involved there.

On the other hand... Parsec's Politoed, it doesn't look like you realize that when you withdraw a Pokémon (not via Baton Pass), it counts as an automatic KO for that particular Pokémon. So as far as the battle's concerned, Blybie has fainted.

But since you've already sent out your Wobbuffet, I might as well give you another bit of advice: Pokémon are NOT restricted to their natural moveset. You can order a Pokémon to improvise a basic attack (like a tackle or bite), within common sense of course.

Everoy
7th March 2003, 04:08 PM
Where did D684 go?

Girafarig
7th March 2003, 04:28 PM
I dunno

Everoy
7th March 2003, 05:06 PM
I'll go to the absence tower; if he is gone I will post in ref request.

EDIT: He has not posted in the absence tower, but his most recent post was our first round. *goes to ref request*

Girafarig
7th March 2003, 05:17 PM
k thanks

Girafarig
8th March 2003, 05:06 PM
hello? anyone?

Everoy
8th March 2003, 06:50 PM
I'm still here...

Everoy
8th March 2003, 06:52 PM
Lets just have a mod close this and you can join my Tag Team Battle- There is one slot left.