PDA

View Full Version : Official RPG makers thread.

Sceptile_Master
21st February 2005, 04:29 AM
Okay everyone, something I have got into lately is making RPGs. This thread is for all you who do it too. Help, idea ratings and so on mabye updates of RPGs you are making or posting demos. Questions too. Also just general discussions about your projects. So then... let's go.

Sceptile_Master
23rd February 2005, 12:14 PM
Right in my sig is my new RPG site. Get your started on making RPGs there.

Sceptile_Master
23rd February 2005, 12:25 PM
Right I have a new RPG site. If you want to get making an RPG (only for the computer mind) then get started there.

Chris
23rd February 2005, 12:36 PM
Just so that you know, your site is hosting an illegal program (http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/digifami/sadfact.html). Also currently your site is less of a site and more of a direct download to RPGM2K.

Heald
23rd February 2005, 01:25 PM
I don't know what's sadder; the fact that it won't be sold in Europe or that Chris actually knew this ;)
This fact unables us to sell the software package by the regular route in North America and Europe. It will also happen to the upcoming software including "RPGMaker2003."

Someday, our creative activity may be stopped if this illegal act is continued.

If there many people who may pay to play our software exist, we are ready to develop the version for English areas in a certain form.These are the most stupid lines ever written by anyone.

1) Illegal downloads mean you can't sell in NA or Europe? Funny. There are a million times more illegal downloads of music files and CDs are selling better than ever. Strike 1.

2) "Someday, our creative activity may be stopped if this illegal act is continued."

Boohoohoo. Metallica said exactly the same thing about Napster and they still have 120 foot limos and still write shitty music. Strike 2.

3) If there are enough people prepared to buy it then you will sell it? There is a little thing called 'market risk' and every product has done it at some time or another. When Coca Cola was first produced no one knew what the hell it was and now it is the most popular soft drink on the planet. Why? Market risk. These people are idiots if they think a market will suddenly come into existence to buy a product that doesn't even exist yet. Strike 3.

I win.

Chris
23rd February 2005, 02:01 PM
I don't know what's sadder; the fact that it won't be sold in Europe or that Chris actually knew this ;)

Jamey mentioned it a few months ago in another TBD thread, I just Googled it to confirm. :tongue:

Heald
23rd February 2005, 02:03 PM
Can't argue with a guy with such a godlike avatar.

Sceptile_Master
23rd February 2005, 04:38 PM
I'm not hosting an illegal program. Go on again on IE and click on the properties of those links. Strike 1,000,000. Don't mean any disrespect chris. I just do not want to be balmed for hosting it and don't have the biggest webspace in the world, that is why I did it.

So anyhoo who cares about 2000 being released in the US and euroope, release 2003 in Us and Europe. Please. COME ON enterbrain please.

Also it will be a website, soon. I just only started it like today.

Heald
3rd March 2005, 11:36 AM
Furthermore, lose the clock that follows the mouse. It's shit and pointless and has 'old' written all over it.

Sceptile_Master
3rd March 2005, 03:43 PM
If you wish, I might I'll check with my brother as he is also part of behold the beginning. Also at the moment on rmxp i can't seem to get the script that allows your characters max level to go to 9,999 to work, not that I want it that high but I could always sset the max level to lower.

Sceptile_Master
10th March 2005, 02:00 PM
Me and my mate are about to start a remake of FF7 with added things on it in a bit (on rmxp). Should be good. I'll keep you updated.