PDA

View Full Version : The Strategy Guide Book for Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire

jordan2009
1st March 2003, 04:53 PM
Hey everybody will anybody be getting the strategy guide book for ruby and sapphire. I have always gotten a book for all the old pokemon games but I dont know if I should get one this time for this game. Would that be cheating if you got the book and found out about the game and who you are going to face. Shouldn't a true pokemon player play the game without the book or should he use the book and spoil the game info. Post your thought's and as anybody bought the book's for the old game.:yes: :wave: :yes: :wave:

PAK Man
1st March 2003, 05:03 PM
I will probably get a strategy guide, since I got one for GSC and I had one for RBY, so I'll probably get one for RS. Plus, I don't really know too much about the game.

Dark Sage
1st March 2003, 05:18 PM
Seeing as Nintendo itself puts out strategy guides for their own games, I don't consider it cheating; however, Nintendo's guides don't reveal much. However, they have to approve of all other strategy guides.

Prima will be publishing one such guide; in fact, you can preorder it right now on Amazon.

Versus Books will be too; in fact, it is due out on the 11th.

I'd personallt suggest the Versus Books one; theirs are always the best.

- Venusaur

Totodilemew
1st March 2003, 05:28 PM
I only get the books for the official pictures of the pokémon. They would take too much space up on my computer, so I get the guide books.

Try not to use the guide book on this game, I did, but that was for getting the Reji pokémon, and how to get inside the 8th gym. The rejis don't look like pokémon at all...just like rocks or something...

jordan2009
1st March 2003, 08:05 PM
Yea they do give out info but is that cheating looking at what do and how to do it are u really a good trainer!!!!!:no: :yes: :no: :yes:

Kokomo
1st March 2003, 11:57 PM
DONT GET A PRIMA GUIDE

I had a prima guide for gs and it was really bad. they don't even give you all the info about the game...um..wtf! its a strategy guide, its supposed to give me all the info!

:mad:
still angry(how could people call it a guide if it leaves things out)

Oddish17
2nd March 2003, 12:05 AM
Venusaur, are you sure the Versus Books guide comes out on the 11th? I ask because there is no mention of it on their website, nor have I seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Too Cool Scyther
2nd March 2003, 01:16 AM
I buy the guides. I don't look at it unless I get stuck. Plus, the guides are very useful for building a team, since the guides have a Pokédex, the moves they learn at what level, what TMs/HMs they can use, and what all the attacks does.

stickachu
2nd March 2003, 01:20 AM
Uggh... I still have my Prima guide for Red Blue. Talk about useless. Of course, no one knew quite how to handle a game like pokemon, so I can't be too angry (Wait, what am I saying? I'm always angry! :mad: )

I also have the Perfect GS guide from Versus books, and while it is better, the only really useful part is the pokedex in the back. I would never trust team building strategies from them though...

Red Angel
2nd March 2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Venusaur
I'd personallt suggest the Versus Books one; theirs are always the best.

Yup... but don't get the Adventure guide... wait for the Perfect guide...

Originally posted by Kokomo
DONT GET A PRIMA GUIDE

I had a prima guide for gs and it was really bad. they don't even give you all the info about the game...um..wtf! its a strategy guide, its supposed to give me all the info!

:mad:
still angry(how could people call it a guide if it leaves things out)

It could have been worse... you could have bought Nintndo's guide... but the Crystal Guide (which I own) is pretty good... but not as good as Versus Books' guide...

Kokomo
2nd March 2003, 08:50 AM
i dont have a problem with nintendo guides, sure they're reallly short but its better than a guide where when it says what wild pokemon are on a route, it gives you this answer ????. On the page it will say,"Be sure to look in the grass for some rare pokemon." (Prima)

also does the versus strategy guide have a full pokedex and all the stuff on the game?(if so i think i'm gonna have to get a strat guide-seems very useful)

jordan2009
2nd March 2003, 12:49 PM
I know about the full pokedex but would it be right to see what all the other trainers pokemon and also see the gym leaders pokemon instead of just going in the match not knowing. I had one for Crystal but I really did not need it because I was cheating you can come on the site to see a pokedex so would it be a waste of money.

Kadabra790
2nd March 2003, 02:53 PM
I collect the Nintendo Pokemon guides, for some odd reason.

I'm going to get their Ru/Sa guide, it's in the bundle pak I;m getting from them. I just hope they don't pull what they did with Ru/Sa, make a guide for the game, and then a seperate guide for the Pokemon themselves. $30 bucks wasted! Then they went and combined them again for their Crystal guide.....you can never tell with Nintendo.

jordan2009
2nd March 2003, 05:15 PM
I have e-mailed nintendo about the guides for the game and they e-mailed me back basically saying that the guides are only coming out the 18th. Not before the game comes out just on the date of the game the book will come out.

Also there will not be any Prima Guides for Ruby and Sapphire Only Versus this year. If you dont belive me go to prima guides and go to upcoming guides and there no ruby or sapphire. But on the versus there is one coming!!!!!!

Latios Latias O
2nd March 2003, 05:25 PM
I just went to the Versus website and it doesn't say anything about the Pokémon Sapphire Strategy Guide... Can you please give us the link exactly where you saw that they were coming out with the Strategy... And when does it come out...? And how much will it cost I need to save up for it... Thanx

Okay and What exactly is the difference between the Perfect Guide and the Adventure Guide... I mean aren't they the same thing? Don't they both have the Pokédex in the back??? I don't get it... Someone please explain....

The Hobbit
2nd March 2003, 05:37 PM
I usually buy a strategy guide for any game I buy, I'm not good at video games so their a big help. I don't consider it cheating though.

Dr_Omicron
2nd March 2003, 05:45 PM
Right now, I feel just like Goku: really hungry.

Seeing as Nintendo itself puts out strategy guides for their own games, I don't consider it cheating; however, Nintendo's guides don't reveal much. However, they have to approve of all other strategy guides.

Nintendo's Super Mario Sunshine guide, IMO, is nothing like their usual guides. They really pick some, well, unconventional ways to get stuff. For example, to get 100 coins in Pinna Park (you earn a Shine Sprite by doing so), they don't tell you to go into the park and start blasting Electro-Koopas--they tell you to go to Episode 2 and start squirting at Bullet Bills, which give out at least two coins every time the LUDD nkes one in midair. In Ricco harbor, they also don't tell you to follow the signs--they show you a shortcut. Instead of climbing on the maze-like fences and everything in Episode 4: The Caged Shine Sprite, it says to do a side somersault from the nearby boat's smokestack to end up on the rafters, which is already halfway to the end of the path. Just something I wanted to say before I make myself a PB&J sandwich.

Kitsune
3rd March 2003, 02:18 AM
Just be careful to look through whatever you buy. I got scammed back with Gold, got a strategy guide early on, then lo and behold the publisher released a ten times better 'perfect guide' a month later.